• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Sasha Shulgin suffers a stroke

I'm assuming he means financial trouble.
A) I'm a girl :)
B) I was in deep shit for "wasting" the rather large amount of money that I donated. I could afford it. Others were simply upset with the fact that it was "for drugs" ZOMG!!!!!! NOES!

Anything for Erowid, the Shulgins, or anyone else that tries to promote peace and safety is not wasted as far as I'm concerned.

For someone who has made such a great contribution to the world, and been such a major influence on my life, I feel strongly obligated to donate.

My prayers will be with both of the Shulgins.

If possible I will make a donation this week. My prayers go out to Sasha and his family <3 I would encourage anyone to donate that can, he has done so much for our community, it is time to give back.

Sasha,

Without you, I wouldn't be half the man I am today. Sending all my profit from the last month off of the chemicals you invited/re-invented (~$400).

If that means you were selling these chemicals to make money, DONT tell Sasha that's where the money came from. He hates the idea of selling psychedelics like a drug dealer.

this is what i wonder too, drugs are new theres nothing know of long term effects, look at what we just now find out about steroids, people who used steroids are HIGHLY HIGHLY susceptable to heart attacks. what if its the same for drugs like meth, mdma and we dont even know it yet. yes mdma effects the brain much more so maybe a long term effect of heavy use is the user becomes highly susceptable to strokes? i guess only time will tell. same thing what meth, nobody knows what will happen later in life to the young people who chooose to use meth heavily in the 90's & 2000's.

he is 85.. the man is old.

this is sad news, and such a genius shouldn't be short on money
and this is why jersey shore is a travesty, they do not have money problems, and person who played a heavy influence on the development of north American and European popular culture and society can't afford to pay for medical treatment.

just wondering though, i know he tried out most of the things he created, i wonder if being the first one to try all thees research chemicals, contributed to his stroak, just a thought, not talking shit , this guy is one of my heros, up there with albert hoffman, and David E nichols,

Sasha is quite literally almost as old as dirt.
Hes fucking ancient.
Thats why he had a stroke.
Rofl.
I'm not knocking ya, I'm just being funny.

just wondering though, i know he tried out most of the things he created, i wonder if being the first one to try all thees research chemicals, contributed to his stroak, just a thought, not talking shit , this guy is one of my heros, up there with albert hoffman, and David E nichols,

At the age of 85 it's hardly unusual to have a stroke. Shame to hear, though. :(

God damn, i almost missed this post, thankfully my wife saw it.

This man is probably the single most largest influence to me. I'm pretty sad to hear of this news.

I highly encourage any individual who can afford to make a donation to do so, and if you haven't read their books, you should.

If that means you were selling these chemicals to make money, DONT tell Sasha that's where the money came from. He hates the idea of selling psychedelics like a drug dealer.

Just to clarify, that is not how I obtained the money.

My name is Mike Power and I wrote that Guardian article posted above.

I figured it would be good to get the story out as widely as possible, and checked with friends and contacts of Shulgin before I wrote it.

I also wanted to give Ann a chance to respond, in mainstream media, to the inevitable speculation that her husband's use of psychedelics had caused his stroke.

She was happy to hear that so many people care about her husband.

The best thing anyone can do to help is to give money, and to circulate this link on their social media pages.

http://shulgin.chipin.com/help-sasha-shulgin

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Sasha-Shulgin/177539002260930?v=wall&filter=1

(Especially the first one as the facebook Wall is getting crowded and the appeal info is slipping down the page).

Tweet and retweet using the hastag #helpshulgin

With a little work, the Shulgins' financial problems can be solved, painlessly, in days.

It is possible nowadays to reach hundreds of thousands, millions of people in seconds. A few dollars off even just half of those people could amount to an awful lot.

Propagate.
97696859.jpg

just bought a copy of pihkal & tihkal, sasha youre in my prayers...best wishes *fingers crossed*

He's 85. He already older, than majority of population is. It's practically impossible to be 85 and don't have major health problems with our culture/environment.
On the other hand it may be consequences of prolonged manipulation with serotonergic system. You know, 5-HT, aggregation of thrombocytes...
But it's all unproved.
My father died in his 60 from the third (!!!) heart attack, and he doesn't even knew what the "psychedelic" is. :)
Anyway, I wish him "Siberian health and Caucasus long-live". As for me, he is one of the person, who move humanity forward. Truly a scientist.

Bro it doesn't get much worse then meth, which is neurotoxic in theraputic doses. MDMA is not as bad at all......

And psychedelics, as far as i know, have little to no neurotoxicity. I wouldn't be surprised if same goes for most research chemicals. regardless, the man is 85?, he smoked heavily for a large portion of his life, and he just in general isn't the healthiest of humans. There is no reason to assume RC's played a role in his stroke. God bless him.

And thats coming from an athiest.

Wrong, Meth is not more toxic at low therapeutic doses (less than 30 mg oral) than normal amphetamine. At higher doses when it loses dopaminergic selectivity and releases serotonin yes it is worse.

MDMA taken in equipotent doses regularly is much worse than normal methamphetamine. Thats why you should only roll like 4 times a year where as with meth you could easily get away with once a week usage. I will say meth is more addictive by far which is probably why it has more stigma.

Hah and i hope shulgin dies before he creates anymore toxic compounds that ruin lives, because lets be real most people dont take mdma like they should and fuck themselves into e-tards who become a burden to society....

come at me...

Come at you? =D

Why? Your mind is made up, you've made your point - in an unnecessarily callous manner – so, really, what's the point of engaging with you?

Or is attention from strangers on the internet all you really want?

Last edited:
Hah and i hope shulgin dies before he creates anymore toxic compounds that ruin lives
Harsh.
People dont need toxic compounds to ruin their lives.
Get well soon Dr. Shulgin, you have my utmost respect

Oh, great, I just read about this immediately after hearing about the upcoming JWH-018 ban. Not a good combination of news.

My thoughts are with the Shulgins and I sincerely hope Sasha pulls through. I can't imagine a world without his genius. There's maybe a handful of people that have existed that have inspired me as much as he has.

I seriously doubt his chemical experimentation has much if anything to do with his stroke. Even if it did, the man ingested phenethylamines and tryptamines most of us have never come across, in addition to the ones already available, and he's 85. I can only hope to be as healthy.