Bluelight

Thread: vaping #4 heroin and oxy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 56
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #26
    I would think that the BA ranges from 70-85% higher when IVed. Smoking is somewhere around 40-60% i'd say. Vaping probably around 60-70%.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #27
    Bluelighter hydrochron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North of Mexico
    Posts
    965
    The bioavailability of smoking H is 44–61%. I dont think there's anything wrong with that at all. Smoking a pill is retarded especially with all the binders and fillers, and the fact that it's not meant to be smoked. It's a complete waste of a good pill.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #28
    Bluelighter SkagKush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Van City...
    Posts
    2,459
    ^ lol???

    iv is 100 percent......
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #29
    Bluelighter hydrochron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North of Mexico
    Posts
    965
    ^lol your point?
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #30
    Gun
    u duno how 2 toot if ur wasting ur pill... u gotta have style a nd grace..
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrochron View Post
    The bioavailability of smoking H is 44–61%. I dont think there's anything wrong with that at all. Smoking a pill is retarded especially with all the binders and fillers, and the fact that it's not meant to be smoked. It's a complete waste of a good pill.
    What exactly makes plant material more intended for inhalation via combustion or vaporization than pills? Unless you...

    a.) believe in a deity
    b.) believe that deity is the supreme architect of all things in our natural universe
    c.) have clairvoyant abilities to discern the intent of the aforementioned deity
    d.) via C, discover that God created specific plants with the intent of people smoking them
    e.) believe that deity is a total fucking asshole for intending on these plants to be smoked which inevitably results in ~5-25% of people who DO smoke these plants (depending on which plant you're talking about) fucking up their lives as a result

    ...then I don't see a logical way for you to say any plant is MEANT to be smoked. Is there a way that a plant can even have an INTENT?

    I don't think the issue is that one preparation is meant to be ingested one way and another isn't meant to be ingested that same way, but that people are incapable of or refuse to see this issue objectively devoid of social stigma and mores attached to these activities.

    The logical leap of "this activity usually isn't or hasn't been done this way" to "it was never intended to be done this way" is rather large and only logically feasible if you believe some kind of deity possessing intent to harm a substantial amount of people created these plants to be smoked.

    ___________________

    With all that said, I also think smoking pills is relatively disadvantageous it just irks me when people pontificate about something being harmful, stupid, retarded or use whatever nomenclature and provide ZERO supporting evidence. By doing so, the truth of the matter is distorted and ignorance is disseminated which opposes the intent of this forum.

    The truth of the matter is that as a whole, as ham so aptly pointed out, this activity we've been debating is not more dangerous that smoking plant materials, can have advantages over other RoA's (primarily speed of onset) and separately, in the interest of harm reduction, should not be treated as it is here.

    If posts that say "stop shooting that's retarded" and the like get UA'd or even warned/infracted, then this standard should apply to vaporizing pills as well.

    If you want to MAKE A CASE for the stupidity of this RoA then do so with EVIDENCE, not wholly unsubstantiated claims and insults.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesBrown View Post
    Im sry but this is just wrong.

    First of all, smoking ANY pill, is worse than smoking a plant material such as weed or any other average plant material you can come up with. I cant even fathom where you got the idea that smoking a pill is better than smoking organic material such as plants. I really dont even know where to start here because its just so damn obvious your wrong.
    I totally agree. I'm sure vaporizing a single drop of synthetic food coloring is far worse than smoking some pot.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #33
    ^based on what?

    Do you have any idea how much safety testing the FDA mandates for approval of food coloring?

    In contrast there is no regulation for marijuana... In products used during the growth process, in the way its stored, treated, transported, etc

    All I've heard from people saying smoking plants are 'healthier' are wholly unsubstantiated claims.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #34
    We're talking about smoking or vaping pills, so I don't know how well FDA testing for something meant to be taken orally applies here.

    I can't argue with you about why smoking and/or vaping pills is worse. All I can say is that I definitely think it is. I definitely think it's more toxic. Smoke is bad for the lungs, but I definitely think the smoke from a pill is exponentially worse than the smoke from pot or opium. Vapor too. I'm sorry I can't elaborate.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #35
    Bluelighter hydrochron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North of Mexico
    Posts
    965
    Alright Cane, I agree with you that I need to support my claim.

    First off, I didn't say smoking pills was harmfull. I meant that it is a ineffective way of getting the most out of it, and mainly because the binders and fillers, they arn't meant to be vaporized or smoked. For example, you can crush them and snort them. Just like any powder out there, it's not going to change how effective it is snorting.

    However sense it has certain binders and fillers, I believe that makes the smoking process not as effective because your going to be burning binders and fillers. It's not like your going to be smoking opium. Your going to get a alot less oxycodone then you normally would. If the pill came in a form meant for smoking, like the form of opium. Then it would be alot different and you would get the normal smoking bioavailability out of it.

    The binders and fillers like I said are going to change everything.

    When it comes to smoking weed, it's meant to be smoked, however it can be eaten also. But I think most pot smokers, smoke, not eat.

    I'll be back with more research to support my claim.
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #36
    Bluelighter Wizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrochron View Post
    I think it's a waste, a pill isn't meant to be smoked no matter what. Opium is meant to be smoked, black tar. But not a pill. I dont IV but I would try it if I was forced to choose between smoking and shooting. Plus I get a good little rush just from snorting.

    So to each there own, the idea of somone smoking a pill is just a big turn off to me. So to each his own.
    You say a pill isn't meant to be smoked. Why not? Because it's meant to be swallowed? Oh okay, fair enough. But you snort pills yourself.. That's also not what it's meant for right?

    Just saying: haters bee hatin yo!

    note: don't take me too seriously.. back when I was still using I wouldn't have smoked my oxy's either.. Only because hammilton said so do I have the knowledge of equal or less toxicity when smoking oc. I'm just happy I didn't know this before because I might have tried and I imagine it to be a whole lot more addictive. This stuff is actually making me feel a tinybit fiendish which is a rarety for me.
    Reply With Quote
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #37
    Bluelighter SkagKush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Van City...
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrochron View Post
    ^lol your point?
    sorry bro, i totally miss read your post....thought u said iv.
    Reply With Quote
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #38
    Bluelighter hydrochron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North of Mexico
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle View Post
    You say a pill isn't meant to be smoked. Why not? Because it's meant to be swallowed? Oh okay, fair enough. But you snort pills yourself.. That's also not what it's meant for right?

    Just saying: haters bee hatin yo!

    note: don't take me too seriously.. back when I was still using I wouldn't have smoked my oxy's either.. Only because hammilton said so do I have the knowledge of equal or less toxicity when smoking oc. I'm just happy I didn't know this before because I might have tried and I imagine it to be a whole lot more addictive. This stuff is actually making me feel a tinybit fiendish which is a rarety for me.
    No what i'm saying is that, if you crush a pill it turns into powder. Just like any other powder you can snort it. It's kind of like they make coke into crack for smoking. A pill isn't going to burn as good as lets say the way opium is.

    You can snort anything that is a powder. Yes you can smoke anything to, HOWEVER, here's a quick example of what I mean.

    Basically you can snort it because it breaks down into a powder with nothing else, to make it not effective for snorting. HOWEVER, lets say you wanted to snort a percocet. Maybe it's possible you will get high, but all that extra apap is going to clog your nose.

    So with smoking, i'm just saying all the binders and fillers, arn't meant to be smoked. There not going to burn the right way.. If the oxycodone was opium latex type material, it would smoke perfectly.

    I still need to get some evidence, then i'll be back in full force.
    Reply With Quote
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #39
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In a glasshouse, so i try not to throw stones,but it's just too tempting.
    Posts
    49
    I smoke some of my pain meds but I know it is dumb, but say you smoke 40 cigarrettes a day for 30 years now most folks will die a lot earlier, then let's say you smoke 5 oxy tablets a day for 30 years, shit man i'm pretty sure a slow and painful death will come your way.
    Having a heroin addiction and smoking it for the same amount of time I think is also gonna be pretty bad for the old lungs, but fuck it that's your choice. At the end of the day people are always gonna look for the best way to get fucked, i bet cavemen found plants to get fucked with, just dont think they stuck em up their arses for the fun of it.
    Reply With Quote
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #40
    oxys can definitely be smoked. make sure they are the blue roxy 30's though. I used to chase roxy's every day, and still have some friends that smoke several roxy's a day off of foil. I dont think it gets you as high as snorting or eating, but you get addicted to the act of smoking the roxy. It tastes suprisingly good, and the high is really mellow and a nod creeps up on you.

    my preferred method of taking roxy's is chasing on foil, shoot me for saying this but i just love to do it that way
    The M's (roxy) burn really nice, and slide down the foil like butter.
    Reply With Quote
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #41
    Ex-Bluelighter
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    santa rosa, CA
    Posts
    3,733
    @ james brown smoking weed is worse than smoking tobacco is for you
    Reply With Quote
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #42
    ok ok ok... so wait a minute... I know people smoke OC's ( and i think its retarded ) but i never knew people smoked powder Heroin #4?!?! is it even possibly?!? I thought the only H you could smoke was "tar" ????
    Reply With Quote
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #43
    Quote Originally Posted by mrflowers00 View Post
    @ james brown smoking weed is worse than smoking tobacco is for you
    No it isn't! This myth stems from the fact that weed produces more tar. Amount of tar is not the sole factor in determining how bad it is though. Not only is tobacco smoke more harsh, but tobacco is smoked in much greater quantities than marijuana. In the book, Uppers, Downers, All-arounders, they show internal photos of three lungs side-by-side: the lung of a person who doesn't smoke anything; the lung of a person who smokes only cigarettes; and the lung of a person who smokes only weed. The cigarette lung is in much worse shape than the weed smoker's lung. Tobacco smoke is way more harsh.
    Last edited by red22; 25-05-2011 at 16:14.
    Reply With Quote
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
    #44
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    COLD HELL I.E. WI
    Posts
    145
    My opinion on smoking/ vaping pills is that it’s really none of my fucking business how you choose to do your shit you have paid for!!!

    Personally I have never tried it so I can’t say that I would use this method but if I had enough and didn’t have a rig…well IDK!!!

    The main point of my post is that I do believe that plants in a way have intent, that intent is to survive and make more plants and that intent is not to be smoked or injected or snorted. Through their intent to survive they have developed an intent to be eaten (to spread seed) or not to be eaten (for protection).

    I have nothing to back this up, it is just how I think but I may be wrong, however no plant ever has or had the intent to be processed and smoked or used in any way that destroys their ability to make new plants.
    Reply With Quote
     

  20. Collapse Details
     
    #45
    Well I would never recomend anyone to smoke/vape a pill, but smoke/vape heroin on the other hand - sure - I would recomend it over snorting in most cases.
    But I have no proof that states that smoking heroin is "safer" than smoking OC's.

    And for the record you can smoke every Heroin out there, some heroin just need a little, help.
    Reply With Quote
     

  21. Collapse Details
     
    #46
    Bluelighter MrKitty2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    157
    0_o just extract and purify your oxy then vape it..... works fine that way, maybe not as efficient as the other ways but it is enjoyable.
    Reply With Quote
     

  22. Collapse Details
     
    #47
    Bluelighter adder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Banana Republic of the EU
    Posts
    2,180
    It's easy to compare injected heroin bioavailability with vaporizing effectiveness. One example is measuring the amount of morphine in the urine after using both ROA and comparing them.

    Vaporizing = a lot of heroin is decomposed. Inhaling vapors of heroin freebase is like ~40% at best from one study but on the other hand other studies give as high numbers as 80%. While smoking heroin in a cigarette is much less. It highly varies, that's the conclusion.

    Another point is vaporizing heroin hydrochloride leads to a decomposition of much more heroin than in case of vaporizing heroin freebase. Freebase sold on the street is meant for smoking, people mix it with citric acid or water solution of acetic acid and heat it so the freebase reacts with the acid forming a salt that is much better for injecting. If heroin salt is sold, it's clearly meant for injection.

    Inhaling vapors of OxyContin is really stupidity. Even if the pills are crushed and then dissolved in water, filtrated, and water is evaporated. What one ends up with is oxycodone salt with binders that dissolved in water. It's not extracting clear oxycodone from OxyContin.
    Reply With Quote
     

  23. Collapse Details
     
    #48
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    COLD HELL I.E. WI
    Posts
    145
    How is this different than smoking or injecting street h? Are you saying that street dealers and the people who process the h that you buy on the street keep it clean and safe for smoking/injecting?

    I have no idea what the number is world wide but lets just say 50% pure h at the street level. This mean half your weight is an unknown variable.

    At least when using a cold water extraction on a pill you know the variables….

    Just playing the devils advocate….
    Reply With Quote
     

  24. Collapse Details
     
    #49
    Because chances are the cuts used for street heroin are less harmful when smoked than pill binders.
    Reply With Quote
     

  25. Collapse Details
     
    #50
    Bluelighter laCster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    $toned
    Posts
    6,586
    this reminds me when people use to tell me that the best way to take codeine is to dip a blunt in the sizzurp and smoke it lol..
    Reply With Quote
     

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •