• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

ecstasy long term effects

griffenspade

Greenlighter
I have two questions about long term effects of ecstasy.

-Do you think it affects social skills for the long term? does esctasy make you feel more at ease about yourself, after not using it for awhile?

Does it highten charisma? Does it make public speaking more or less difficult? Social situations more clarity and at ease, or more anxiety?

-Physically, iv noticed people who used from teens to in their late 20s or 30s lose a decent amount of muscle mass, and become a bit pudgy with lanky arms/limbs.
What are the effects of ecstasy use on weightloss/muscle mass/body?
Is this effect not only due to the drug, but lifestyle? (dancing all night, not eating ect..)

Looking for answers from people who have used for a while, long term insight bcs ofcouse the first few times using XTC, its the greatest thing since orgams=D

I feel much calmer and more relaxed in social situations, but I stumble over myself while speaking more often and also have some problems with word recall.

As for the body thing, I don't think it effects your physical appearance at all (other than the retarded faces you make while under the influence ;D).

using MDMA has made alot of peoples life more clear including mine.

if used moderately you would have none of those physical problems. ive been using MDMA for 4 years now but only roll once or twice a year. Of course you'll burn some calories dancing and not eating all night you might lose some weight. but nothing significant if you do it responsibly.

How often do you take ecstasy? seems like your new to it.

I used pretty frequently for about a year, but also had a run in with a lot of other drugs. It was fun at the time but fucked me up bad for the long term. And by bad I mean completely change my world..and not for the better. Just be careful on the amount you use because what goes up...will eventually go back down. I've stopped for some time now and feel the side effects start to gradually go away. But during the recovery time...its one hell of an emotional roller coaster...holy shiiiet!

OK, I think it seems the general consensus is moderation, i went on a bad binge, and it caused alot of really fucked up problems, i havent used in like 1 month and 2 weeks, im starting to feel normal, but not really myself. And ofcouse i have alot of the questions, of will i ever be back to my old self, will I be able to enjoy rolling in the future, did I damage myself....

You have to give your serotonin receptors time to "re-wire." I'm almost 6 months sober and starting to feel like myself. I can't believe it took this long but it was expected. The acid I was doing at the beginning of the year wasn't helping much either. Life was such a challenge and daily tasks were hard to follow. I'm hoping that the magic I encountered while rolling will come back and am only using on special occasions. I think this substance is alright to use once or twice a year LOL (versus everday for months ; ) ). I'm sure ecstasy does damage but nothing irreversible, don't worry too much. Just think about the up's and don't let the down's fool you. Good luck on your road back home. Cheers.

i've always been under weight, right now i weigh the most i ever have (135ish, 5'8).. i can tell you after i rolled for a month or two every weekend i fer sure looked like a crack head. blowing oxy didn't help either, or not really eating lol. how ever for the week after i had my 2nd rolling experience i remember feeling depressed for the two weeks after i felt a lot better. and now i'm back to feeling normal lol

I am currently having a break from the mandy, up until new years eve, however i am anxious. I have only been using mandy consistently for about 10 months. Since january this year i had been using mandy twice a month. When the summer started, say from June, i was using it every week up until the beginning of september, and when i went to festivals (i attended 3), i would drop every night. by the end of the summer, i was getting the mildest effects, and what i really want to know i guess, is whether people beleive i have ruined it for myself, or whether the break im having at the moment, will pay off, and allow my brain time to recover, so i can experience the magic on new years eve. Or am i just being naive, as several people on here have been regular users for years?

it doesnt have any long term effects as long as you take breaks because its reversable

Your memory will be shot, so speaking is generally harder. Ive noticed after using x for a while i mix up my sentences a lot. Anxiety is increased, although... I used to be more of a shy person now i can basically talk to anyone. But anxiety is still present in different situations.

-Do you think it affects social skills for the long term? does esctasy make you feel more at ease about yourself, after not using it for awhile?

I believe so. I've had so many social problems in my life I've been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and for about five years straight I was a total recluse and had a lot of social anxiety but after quite a lot of use of MDMA/MDMA-like substances I don't have any problem interacting socially at all.

I am 38 and have been using MDMA for 10 years.
The first 5 years I did it very sparingly. anywhere from once a year to about 8 times a year MAX. It was great! It helped me with my self image, it boosted friendships, the whole nine yards. Beautiful.
But the past 5 years I have been over doing it. Whats over doing it for me? Um, once a month with a few binges here and there for festivals, at 4 festivals a year. I go thru probably 3/4 gram at a fest at the MOST.
What this board generally says about moderation is VERY TRUE from my experience. The negatives start to outweigh the positives if you overdo it. Friends that do it a lot get bitchy and stupid. I get bitchy and stupid. I feel like it has ruined a bit of my soul. Its still fun and I still get happy feelings when I do it but the come down sucks for weeks after. Its not worth not feeling like myself every day for that extra perk at gatherings. Luckily the gatherings I go to arent raves so they are not completely MDMA focused. I have so much natural love for it all that I dont NEED MDMA anymore!!!
In the past year I have slowed my usage down, but next year I want to go back to 3 times a year, save it for the big events. Thats when it rocked most!! Do too much and you lose your natural excitement and ability to rock things without having to be on the gak. I thought I was mighty powerful and smart, but guess what. I was not. Dont turn into an E Tard, it is NOT worth it IMO.

I think its a great social lubricant, but just to inspire, not to LIVE by.