• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Pure MDMA and Epilepsy

Breeeb

Greenlighter
I have a friend who has epilepsy and they want to try MDMA for their first time. I’m pretty sure its regular epilepsy, so he his episodes happen because he is exhaustion prone. The medication he uses is called Trileptol. I’m not really sure what the ingredients are, but is there a possibility of a negative chemical reaction?

Don't do it. MDMA is known to greatly increase the chance that people with epilepsy having seizures even if they're medicated.

Yep mdma stimulates the brain to a pretty massive amount because of all the chemicals being released at once. Over stimulation of the brain causes seizures, wouldn't risk it.

There really isnt a problem with the medication and MDMA, obviously we dont know how the person will react so the safest course of action would be to say dont do it.

However, if your friend knows what the triggers are then they can reduce the risks.

If its down to fatigue then obviously being well rested prior to popping is logical. Maybe dropping earlier in the day (early morning when they are well rested) would reduce the risks further than popping at night.

It goes without saying that you need to test your gear though - taking stims or piperazines could end up very dangerous as they put such a massive strain on your body.

MDMA alone can be a very relaxing drug/experience - I have seen somebody with Parkinsons Disease drop MDMA and they went from their normal twitching / convulsing self to a state of calm/rolling. Was pretty amazing to see the effect that MDMA had on the body though :)

I don't suggest doing it. My friend is epileptic and he had a seizure from 150mg of pure tested mdma :( was scary and really shit on our roll.

Friend of mines epileptic & used to be a MASSIVE speed freak, he'd stay up for 4-5 days at a time. Guy could handle like 10 pills in the course of a night and never had any problems.

But he smoked a spliff one day and that fucked him up, hasn't done drugs since.

So honestly imo even though i've seen people do it no problem, i'd avoid it.

I have a friend who has epilepsy and they want to try MDMA for their first time. I’m pretty sure its regular epilepsy, so he his episodes happen because he is exhaustion prone. The medication he uses is called Trileptol. I’m not really sure what the ingredients are, but is there a possibility of a negative chemical reaction?

MDMA lowers the seizure threshold (the conditions necessary to go into seizure). This makes it a bad idea to begin with. It should also be noted that excessively drinking water on MDMA AND trileptal cause hyponatremia. You'd definitely want an electrolyte drink over water in this case to keep sodium levels on track.

I would not go through with this. :\

I have rolled with people that have epillepsy before and they didnt have a problem but I would still advice against it. It really depends on the type of epilepsy but concidering the fact it is hard the get an honest answer from doctors about illegal drug use it's not a good idea.

Afriend of mine is eplileptic and tried md for the first time in feb of this year,hehad a massive siezure and went to hospital. I couldnt ever adivse more strongly against something