• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Typical MDMA hallucinations

i once got some dodgey ass pills and sat staring at my window seeing my pillman breaking in my window and starting to crawl thru for like 2 minutes, then it stopped, nothing was happening, just freaking out, and then every shadow, and things on my walls started lookin like people everywhere id turn, worst night of my life by far, i kept lookin in the mirror thinking my nose was getting bigger, and all my dumbass friends kept saying yeah its def getting bigger... i was tripped out for 2 days. never found out what exactly i took but it wasnt anything ive ever taken before or after lol

Not sure if it would count as a hallucination but I've had experiences where I wasn't sure whether what I was experiencing was a current event or a memory from earlier in the night. My sense of time was all fucked up.

Last edited:
ive never had proper visuals from MDMA
lights look brighter cause of dilated pupils and that, but i never get visuals liek from psyches on MDMA. hell i dont get visuals THAT much on psyches it seems, or at least 30mg and 35mg of 2CB had me getting mad visuals but not as much as other people get i dont think
i do get blurred vision and stuff from MDMA, like that thing where youll look at something (cell phone screens/screens especially) where youll be able to see it clearly for a second, then itll turn blurry from the eye wiggles, then when you blink you can read it for a second, then it turns blurry, ya know?

The only hallucination I've ever experienced is everyone looks like someone I know. This actually happens pretty often to me.

This used to bother me but i've explained it to myself internally well enough to no longer worry about it.

Uhhhmmm I can see people who aren't actually there, like an apparition of a friend made out of white static or light. It's like i'll get into imagining what a conversation with them would be like (say I'm alone and rolling) and I eventually start acting it out externally and if i'm rolling hard enough or if i'm at all sleep deprived i'll actually lose touch with reality and just assume i'm hanging out with them having an in depth conversation.

either i'm loose in the head or an abundance of MDMA + exhaustion just leads to this effect in me. Doesn't ever bother me but i recognize that it's pretty delusive and that many people would worry if I told them.

Way better to have ACTUALLY friends around IME.

For me, the visuals of MDA are somewhat similar to the visuals from a low dose of mushrooms. Colors and enhanced, auras around lights, lights leaving tracers in my vision, a general warmth to everything, everything looks sharper but has a warm edge.

MDMA is similar but is far less visual than MDA, mainly including a fuzzy warmth to everything and enhanced appreciation of what I am seeing.

I have never exactly "hallucinated" off either substances, as in seeing things that are not actually there. With my eye closed, the visuals are quite a bit stronger (especially with MDA) but still do not develop into full scenes or objects as DMT or other psychedelics can. The CEVs are playful, but don't materialize into true hallucinations.

^I had traveled all day by bicycle and by foot covering over 35 kilometers, added with sleep deprivation of staying awake for 30+ hours and maybe only a few granola bars to eat + abundant water... and caffeine pills. I didn't really blame myself for wigging out a little from delerium.

good times.

Hmm. Let's see.

- Lasers and lights hitting the floor in front of me have turned into steps.
- I've seen people walking by tearing the floor apart while lifting their feet.
- Extra people: dancing with a group of 5 while actually being with 4. While walking home from a party seeing people behind me while 'they' were actually our shadows.
- Changing depth: a leg of a person looked like a leg of a table and other people seemed to be dancing on that table. Then suddenly I saw the leg for what it was again and everything turned back to normal.
- A can of Red Bull was handed over to someone and then handed back, after thinking it couldn't be a can of Red Bull it suddenly appeared to be a big glass of Coke.
- Latest one: after the lights turned on I saw a guy with his face painted like a tiger, in black and white. I thought he looked just like some pictures I saw on the website of the club I was in. Then suddenly I saw another tiger, and another, damn, everybody had a tiger face. Then suddenly everyone was normal again because of a different club light color.
- Crush barriers (right word?) around me, on the dance floor. Sometimes not even seeing them, but just knowing they were there.
- A guy who was constantly in front of me was wearing a shirt with an afro print on it. I was wearing a shirt with a record on it. I kept on seeing a print of a record on his shirt because of the round black afro. I think I told him he was wearing my shirt about 4 times that night...

I quite like it when these things happen to be honest. I believe they all happened (in my case) because of light effects. Different colors, lights on or off, lasers going around...

Not that all of these are typical, but I believe the tiger thing, crush barriers, steps and extra people are mentioned by quite some people.

Last edited:
Myriads and matrixes unfolding in front of my eyes, which I can walk around and observe and put my hand through, usually consisting of dancing lines and shapes. I've seen auroras around objects, halos, golden sheens. Objects push and pull, warping, getting larger and smaller.

They're all subtle hallucinations, they don't particularly interfere with vision. Just sorta spice vision up a bit.

I get this thing where if its dark and i look at my phone it starts slowly shrinking until its about about a cm tall and then rotates 90 degrees. It gets to the point where i have to hold it sideways and as close to my face as i can. I'm not sure if it counts as a trip though.

Out of interest has anyone else experienced this?

ps i get the usual glasses/tattoos thing occasionly as well

I pretty much only roll at raves so visuals at the event will all be intensified and more vibrant. People who wear costumes and masks will seem more realistic looking, as if it is part of them. But i always tend to close my eyes randomly and i see different visuals each time, but definitely something. Also when i get back from events is sometimes when i either get intense visuals and weird thought patterns, or sometimes just minor ones depending on pills.

On MDMA I only seen like squiggles/dark patches on my wall, & when I stared at my wall for a while everything turned brown, like taking a picture with Sepia(sp?) on.
Oh and it seems like people are looking at me at times, then I look up and they're doing something, not looking at me at all lol.

Yellow_sunglasses and Tunnelfission, I have had the same things happen to me. My first time doing it I took two massive caps and went to a club with my friend I remember leaving and calling one of my friends and next thing I knew I was on a street close to my house which would have been at least a two hour walk and I was having a conversation with someone who was not there. I realized what I was doing and freaked out and started running and I literaly stepped infront of a random car and asked them to drive me home I was so freaked out. My next time doing it I didn't learn did way too much and then thing I knew I was walking down a random street seeing people on there lawns and friveways that were not there and it was like I was floating in and out of reality and called my ex girlfriend to come get me and told her where I was and she found me 5 blocks away from where I said I was sitting on a side walk tweaking out. She recorded the conversation we had and I was explaining the craziest dumbest things ever about people that weren't there and how It felt like I was being sucked through a hole every couple minutes and completely blacking out and then coming back to reality. I was drinking very heavily both times and its been almost 2 years since anything like that has happened but I have had times where I am laying there and think the tv is on and its almost like I'm dreaming but I am awake and my eyes are open and I just start answering random questions untill I realized wtf am I doing who am I talking to and then also realize that the tv is not on. They were not scary situations but now that I think back on them its kinda fuked up. I think all 3 times I hadn't had much sleep and had been drinking heavily. Anyone else have similar things happen?

i had 4 yokes on st patricks day and started tripping really hard. as in, everything was in slow motion and i was walking around thinking i was a robot.

Common ones I find are the glasses, everyone's face being blurred or else looking familiar, purple eyes or tints to anything, areas looking packed out when they aren't really.

Never had the glasses,

But on Friday I experienced real delusional trippy visuals on MDMA, 2 Qdances, I chewed my 3rd half and after that everyone looked familiar, for about an hour in the club, everyone I saw was a friend from college, I'd go to walk up to them and their face would morph back to a randomer in the club, extremely trippy and confusing. After that everyone, literally everyone, had piercings on their face (I mean like 50+ just on their face all over). That was really freaky and I nearly lost it there but I was too fucked up to totally freak out.

After that everyone had headphones around their neck after I blinked, pretty cool. The lights left an RBG imprint behind that (3 seperate colours spaced apart, RGB) and I had major trails. I kept seeing hands / people in my peripheral vision.

On the main dance floor, a few guys had plasticine/cartoon style heads. That one freaked me out.

In the taxi, the taxi driver started smoking a tab a few times and I saw him exhale smoke, purely hallucination, saw my mate smoke a tab in the club also - weird as fuck.

Also in the taxi, I saw cars appear on the road and brake infront of us then evaporate, I saw car doors open and people walking on the dual carriageway.

A road sign:
limit-L.jpg

It was like a pill, the way the Qdances are breaklined. The white of the roadsign was like a pill, and the blackline was like an inpressed scoreline.

Got a few audio trips too, people calling my name and nobody being there etc.

Best pills I've ever taken, cleanest pills ever too... what a night. :)

For me like the other week when i rolled i was just staring at everything because i
was sitting on a couch with a lot of wrinkles and the wrinkles kept changing shape and i kept starring at my friends face because his eyes seemed really black and more enriched in color i was like wtf lol8o

ive seen many good hallucinations on X. people's faces morphing into asians, or other friends. talking to people that arent there, seeing a golden weed leaf floating above my head. they tend to happen more when a strobe light is involved. i used to love them but saw someone freak out and never liked them after that.

Care to share how they freaked out? I nearly freaked out last Friday, but I think the only reason I kept it together in an intense club environment was because I was too fucked to care... haha.

Care to share how they freaked out? I nearly freaked out last Friday, but I think the only reason I kept it together in an intense club environment was because I was too fucked to care... haha.

well i have always done house parties, never raves or clubs. we had the strobe light pointed right in our faces and apparently the guy didnt like it and told the owner of the house to turn it off and he didnt, he just told him to mellow out (wrong thing to do i know) and the guy freaked out and jumped up and ran outside and last we saw of him that night he was running down the road. tried to find him but never did. he called the next day though.