• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can I get a medical marijuana card for ADHD

jack5296

Bluelighter
:Well first of all I'm and recently diagnosed with ADHD and they gave me 20mg of ritalin la once a day it's helped with the fidgiding and I can sit still so much easier ,but I still can't concentrate worth a damn and I hate what it does to my appetite ,so I wanna know how would I go about getting one by talking to my pediatrician directly myself or convince my one of my parents to talk to my pediatrician about it? Sorry if my writing sucks I couldn't sleep so I cracked open one of my ritalins and chewed up the beads and ate them as said it wakes me up and makes me alot less fidgity ,but I can't concentrate at all and my grades are still suffering over it being hard to just sit down and do it without getting board and doing something else or it taking a good 1 1/2 + hours to do something that should only take like half a hour. I'd also like to mention its actually so much easier to do homework and such stoned and ritalin just makes me feel like crap afterwards 'cause being out of endorphins or something like that.

EDIT:Sorry about the wall of text and all help is appreciated and I have some more info that might help.
I live in Cali and genercally I'm not the most social person and generally I don't have many friends and I get very anxious and scared and paranoid ,but marijuana makes me alot more social and it helps out my somewhat short temper and it really just kinda evens out my emotions since I can for no reason be a total ass that day just 'cause I feel like it ,but marijuana just makes me alot nicer on those days and it really helps out with the anxiet/paranoa and being scared of something dumb like I'll get kinda freaked out if like I see my door move,hear a sound or just about anything like that kinda set me off and when that happens I just start looking all around me becoming sensative to the slightest sound and then my heart starts to speed up and I can't sleep and I have to get up and do something 'cause I can't sleep but marijuana just solves all that.

Last edited:
i take it you are in N.A...

states allow recommendations for different reasons, psychological disorders are more touchy. in Seattle i know they are testing cannabinoids as an aid for ADD/HD in both children and adults currently. WA for example, is pretty tight on what marijuana considered medically beneficial for.

look into your local "clinics" and see what diagnoses they suggest treating with mmj.

Ya I do know that they do use mmj for ADHD and there have been cases its used for minors and yes North America U.S. to be exact and California one of the more looser medical marijuana states and actually both my parents smoke pot ,they have for awhile ,but only my dad has a mmj card for back pain 'cause he broke his back quit a few years back and he has to get surgry every 10 years ,but erm thats besides the point. Marijuana does help me alot and truthly I would never take a anti-anxiety like xanax or valium I would rather just go with what I already do just tell my self I'm scary my self and what I'm thinking isn't real it will never happen ,but that doesn't help either even though I live in a small crimeless town so I all that I can do is force my eyes losed and try and settle down. I'd also add that I have trouble sleeping I means its alot better this year and 'cause last year leverynight I'd fall asleep at llike 1am ,but that's another thing it helps. The only time its negatively affected me besides the tar in the smoke is once in a blue moon it can be a downer because I get to thinking and I end up saddening myself ,but thats very rare and I can just as easily think happy thoughts and such and make self happy again so in the end I would love to get a mmj card for 'cause it would bevery benificial

Last edited:
so what was the point of this thread exactly? You pretty much answered your own question.

so what was the point of this thread exactly? You pretty much answered your own question.

Um, yeah, kind of have to agree here. Beyond that, if they do not offer MMJ for your psychological disorder, I'm sure you could get it for any other number of things - you do live in California, you know.

I'm glad i don't have to worry about any of this, and buy my dank from the nice man next door.
No license, no tax, no fees, no recommendations. Just straight up weed.

Im pretty sure you can get your permit in cali for ADD so id think ADHD would be cool

I'm glad i don't have to worry about any of this, and buy my dank from the nice man next door.
No license, no tax, no fees, no recommendations. Just straight up weed.

and..... no diagnosis(es).
heh, be careful what you wish for in other words.

i only had schizoeffective-bipolar, some nasty hypoglycemia, and (big, naive gulp) leukocytosis, and morning progressing back pain, and undiagnosed general swelling and arthritic symptoms. not anything i thought deemed a mmj recommendation in WA, or no physical diagnosis, yet.

i really hope that this valuable essential medicine is not swept away as that, and legalized, advertised, seen and used as a safer alternative to alcohol and tobacco...
its a shame, and a sham to see areas littered with dispensaries, over-zealous people with medical licenses and their minions out badgering people, pushing what then appears to be a "tonic" or over-hyped fad...

i have no doubt that marijuana, and its derivatives, depending greatly on the strain can help you, or maybe not, with ADD/HD.
if there are improvements let them be noted, if there isnt let that be also, why what was helpful when and how, or the opposite is important.
facts are facts, and pot aint just pot... there is growing evidence of this, and most of the "new" news we receive, is actually very old, very very old.

I have ADD/HD and got my card but I live in Vancouver Canada.

So yes if you live in Canada…

Btw, ritalin is shit.

How would marijuana help with attention though ?
It only makes your attention span worse !!!

I guess for ppl suffering from ADHD not ADD it can help with the hyperactive part but nothing else really I don't believe.

You could probably get it if you take adhd pills such as adderall, ritalin, etc because they suppress your appetite... aka a need for munchiezzz

certain strains work perfectly by keeping ones attention on the task at hand, and be less distracted by thoughts or environmental distractions.

jack herrer so far is the strain ive found that helps with my adhd themost:p but ill be honest, as much as i wish it was a cure all for adhd, indica's don't help, and biuying street weed is so inconsitant that it can't be used for that cuz, when i smoke indica i dont wanna focus,

and dexedrine works well for ahddh

How would marijuana help with attention though ?
It only makes your attention span worse !!!

I guess for ppl suffering from ADHD not ADD it can help with the hyperactive part but nothing else really I don't believe.

I was doing "stumble upon" today and came across a whole article about weed treating ADHD but I can't find the link now. Some people find it works. I don't think there would be any problem at all in California. PM me if you live and So. Cali and want the number of the place I went to get my card. Just saying.

^
seems like you can get mmj for a damn sunburn in cali...

finding a med professional to give a recommendation with proof of a qualifying condition, is very simple in a tolerant state.

id be weary handing over contact info, or taking any...
and of course there are the massive organizations which anyone can reach at anytime.

You can get MMJ for nearly anything, just depends if your doc 'thinks' you will 'benefit'