Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Diphenhydramine (300mg) - New Experience

zeekool

Greenlighter
So, I'm a 15 year old, 140 lb guy. I took 300mg of Benadryl at 10:40am today, and nothing really happened. Then at about 11:20am I started getting tired, and within the next half hour it became extremely difficult for me to keep my eyes open.
I had very, very mild hallucinations, and I was never totally sure if they were real hallucinations or just my eyes tricking me because I was so tired.
I would see little things climbing around in my fireplace, and I wasn't able to tell exactly what they were, but they looked sort of like shadowy spiders. Then I saw a face on the window talking, but I couldn't make out what it was saying. Whenever I got close to either one of those though, they'd disappear, which was kind of annoying.
Ah, also, I would go upstairs, and there's a vent on the ceiling right above the top of the stairs. The vent leads to my attic. I heard what seemed like 12 year olds talking up there, and I'm pretty sure I couldn't make out their words.
The main effect though was detachment from reality. My dad would ask me to do something, and I would either answer slurring a little and not making too much sense, or I would just forget what he said and therefore not say anything back.
He asked me multiple times if I'm okay, and I said yes, because I was, just sort of high. This was my first experience being "high", and it was quite confusing and disorienting. Also, my legs always were uncomfortable for some reason.
Haha and back to the detachment from reality - I was txting my friend, and half the time I would say random things or stuff like "So what are you watching?" And she'd say "...I'm not watching anything...". So, I'd come up with an excuse like I'm tired or something.
All in all it was a cool experience, although for most of it I didn't do much but stare.

Hey zookool good to hear you made it through alright. Next time I'd wait till the rents are out though. Although there are a few people who enjoy benadryl most people would not consider it a good trip in any way shape or form. If you are still interested why not try something with common pleasurable effects rather than risking more confusion and memory loss on higher doses of diphenhydramine.

Hey zookool good to hear you made it through alright. Next time I'd wait till the rents are out though. Although there are a few people who enjoy benadryl most people would not consider it a good trip in any way shape or form. If you are still interested why not try something with common pleasurable effects rather than risking more confusion and memory loss on higher doses of diphenhydramine.

What would you suggest would give me a better trip than dipphensomething? (anything legal?)

many things legal like dxm, kratom, salvia, morning glory seeds hbwr seeds and many many more

lordreven333 is correct.

I've tried them all and I'd say kratom, an opioid, is by far the most enjoyable. That being said many people swear by DXM an antitussive (prevents coughing) and disassociate (makes you feel like you aren't in your body) though I don't like it. Also easily available is Salvia Divinorum (a true hallucinogen) but if you smoke it be ready for a very intense short (10min) trip in another world. Taken sublingually as in shaman tradition will be gentler and longer.

All of these have been extensively covered on bluelight and for more concise info you can always hit up erowid.

"benadryl trip"...

are you serious

why would you do that to yourself!!

I remember experimenting with benadryl when I was younger... totally pointless in my opinion (and I'm sure most other people's opinions). I agree with lordeven, try other stuff, although I wouldn't recommend kratom (or other drugs with addictive qualities) to an inexperienced drug user. I think drugs that should be experimented with are ones that you either enjoy yourself when you're experiencing them, or if you don't, you at least learn something afterwords. Hence, benadryl is shit to me.

lordreven333 is correct.

I've tried them all and I'd say kratom, an opioid, is by far the most enjoyable. That being said many people swear by DXM an antitussive (prevents coughing) and disassociate (makes you feel like you aren't in your body) though I don't like it. Also easily available is Salvia Divinorum (a true hallucinogen) but if you smoke it be ready for a very intense short (10min) trip in another world. Taken sublingually as in shaman tradition will be gentler and longer.

All of these have been extensively covered on bluelight and for more concise info you can always hit up erowid.

I would agree that salvia is some heavy stuff and brings a intense journey but you couldn't compare that to a full blown Diphenhydramine " journey " two different things here

Dissociatives & Hallucinogens

Both heavy in their own way.
Kind of like smoke a whole bunch of 100X and follow it with some mushrooms and LSD and then you would have somthing like a full blown journey.

15 years old, that's realy sad.
I'm not picking on you but this isn't the roadyou want to go down
Remember, I'll smoke but no poke.

Ive done DXM the first time i used it was in capsule form I cant remember much from it but it was good. Then i went for the liquid bottle drank 1 small bottle with the only ingredient Dxm and fell asleep i dont know why that happend and i have yet to try kratom its one of the next ones on my list.

You got fairly typical effects for the dose you took.
As for other legal highs, Ive criticized salvia for not being a real trip but... it can be insane, FAR beyond anything Benadryl could produce. Not fun though. I didnt enjoy DXM much either. DMT and mescaline can both be obtained fairly easily. Mescaline is fun and smooth but its a strong drug. DMT, smoked or ingested the right way, will blow you away in a way that not even LSD could.

Last edited:
i just did my 2nd real dxm trip 345mg pretty good i think ill do 790mg next time.

A bit of advice... I wouldnt increase the dose by more than 100-150mg each time to avoid having a bad trip or overdosing. If you actually tripped or got really high from 345mg, you should be even more careful, 790mg will probably give you one of the most unpleasant days of your life.

†∆†;8986829 said:
"benadryl trip"...

are you serious

why would you do that to yourself!!

especially at 15...dont do that shit..

smoke weed...it will be legal shortly...

First of all, twice 345 is 690, not 790.

Second, doubling the dose of DXM -- in contravention of Terence McKenna's famous advice ("when in doubt, double the dose") is a bad idea.

this kid is 15 and he's tripping off benadryl (if u can even call that a trip?) something isn't right..

man if i had a computer that allowed me to access the internet regularly when i was 15 i can't even imagine how fucked up i'd be.

and to the above poster ^^
ya i doubled my DXM dose once (and smoked some weed) and man boy was i in for a huge surprise. worst experience of my life probably..

The only time I tried diphenhydramine I used this dose and other than dilating my pupils and making music sound better the only effect it had was making me fall asleep. Seriously if you want to trip just try a psychedelic or dissociative, not a shitty deliriant. And if you don't have access to them, just keep looking and wait because they are so much more worth it than shit like benadryl.

Diphenhydramine is certainly a dissociative in high doses.

Good report. Welcome to Bluelight.