Nicki Minaj...love or hate

love, hate, or just completely indifferent towards Nicki Minaj

• Total voters

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
just wonderin who else hates her as much as i do and if anybody actually thinks she is good.

I got a whole lot of reasons for hatin but Ill spare yall right now til the thread gets goin. I dont know nobody who likes her, but im sure some people do so im interested to hear the shit you see in her. Also if this could be a poll that would be nice, mods :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd never had the misfortune of knowing who she was until I just happened to glance over at the female musicians thread. So had to do a lil' research and see what she was all about.

nicki-minaj-12.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSFyrrhKj1Q

I ain't that thrilled at all tbh. But then I don't really listen to this kinda music in general, so maybe I'm not the best person for this. To me, she sounds just like everything else on the airwaves and on those crappy music shows. And that's exactly why I don't listen to the radio any more.

edit: poll added cuz I think they're fun. :)
Also, apologies for the fugly edit messages. :\

Last edited:
ive only heard her on that fucking stupid fucking shitty fucking "i can make your bedrock song"
she sounds like a retarded mix of lil-kim trying to be lil-wayne(who is her mentor) lil wayne, can't rap, listen to the milli, and "was a goon to a goblin", ugh, what happened to rap, somebody
bring ODB , tupac, biggie, and eminem(1999) back, plz

also, yeah i get it, her lyrics in the bedrock song are hyprsexual, send hormonal teens on a sexual rampage, but its quite unnessecary, and im not even one for censorship

back when that stupid asher roth i love college song came out for the radio, they censored out the "ill smoke my weed" but not "and drink my beer" or "when it comes to condoms wear 2"
i tried calling the radio station to complain at this blatant arbitrary censorship, but, never got through

Last edited:
Well she is the baddest in the school, and the baddest in the game....

I don't love or hate her. I just think she's a no-talent assclown with an annoying voice. She looks good, but I stopped letting my dick influence my taste in music a long time ago. That being said, if she didn't look like she did and had the same voice she has now, there would be no Nicki Minaj thread to begin with.

I always see people's comments on YouTube whenever I pull up music from the 80s and 90s asking, "Why don't they make music like this anymore?" It's because the music industry doesn't care about the music anymore. They go by how you look first and how you sound second. If you sound like shit? Oh well. Nothing a ton of auto-tune can't fix.

mediocre at best..her flow can be ight sometimes but shes lyrically formulaic and stale.

if u notice shes always talkin about vegetable-colored whips. her baby voice is fucking annoying as hell, and she took shots at kim.

all in all shes shit.

She does have a really nice, Phat ass though!!

what I would give to have that.....

This poll needs a fourth option:

"WTF is a Nicki Minaj... ?"

:D

I really don't put enough thought into it, and I've heard her like twice. No I didn't like it, but I just see her existence as so pointless I can't waste my hate on her. lol.

I like her verse on Monster.

And her ass. (Damn).

I don't think she's particularly great as a rapper, but her delivery can be pretty interesting and energetic. I don't love her or hate her.

I liked Nicki Minaj before she was famous, for real. Around 2008, when Lil Wayne, Dipset, etc were releasing mixtapes that were really awesome, Nicki Minaj started appearing on some of these tapes. She was sick. Now, there are loads of mixtapes, some of which are hers exclusively. Having jumped right back into the mixtape obsession recently, I was excited to find out she was famous... until I heard the songs. She's purposefully jumped onto the bandwagon, as some sort of joke, that consists of the people who have taken the original Lil Wayne schtick and turned it into a commodity devoid of any comedy or coolness. The trend of describing something, pausing and then naming an unrelated object that also has the same qualities has become overdone. Whatever pays her bills, I guess. It's not like anyone's going to take care of you just because you performed to your potential at something. If it sells, it must be good or whatever.

Oh yea, "your love" that is some high quality shit. "For your lovin Ima die hard like bruce willis"?? Brilliant! Especially puttin it over that super-softy-pussy-to-the-max sample from "Forever Young"...that is some real bad-ass shit right there. Shit goes hard son. :|

That stupid shit she does when she freaks out and change her voice is the most annoying shit on the planet. She also has an annoying ass voice, but unlike other rappers with semi-annoying voices (B-Real, Boosie), "Niki" does not grow on me. And her rhymes suck.

i dont know her music and i dont care to know
but i heard her name in the lounge and i went to look what it was about and i do mean look, and well : this thread needs more picture

I like her. I don't know what she looks like, but I like how she plays with her voice.