• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why do junkies have an easier time getting drugs than pain patients?

Because they can put on any sharade to get what they want and what they need. It's sad actually. They pretend to be your friend so they get can get shit off of you.. I just quit a job because my bosses were junkies posing as my best friends trying to get meds off of me when they get scripted 3 times what I get. I get 60 opana 30's a month, 150 roxi 15's a month.. Mind you they get 3 times what I get plus her husband gets 150 roxi 30's a month and it's gone in a weekend. GONE. Then they spend every cent they have on the streets to buy drugs. Now they are losing their house and their business soon after. It's some fucked up shit. I fucking hate her guts. Death to fake friends.

I make my meds last through the month and get high a few times.. but unless they're nodding the fuck out they dont think their meds are working. But wtf ever, I digress. Now I just don't share with anyone because I am tired of people saying hello to me with their hands out. I told everyone I went off my meds so they would leave me the fuck alone.

Damn thats some serious pill use for just one weekend.....its time for them to check into rehab!

Chronic pain patients are discriminated against BECAUSE of drug abusers, that is a point that really can not be argued! The DEA would NOT be giving DR's a hard time w prescribing methods if there weren't so many people abusing those same pain drugs illegally! In fact it really wasn't an issue until this past decade when prescription opiates gained such popularity on the black market!
Before that, pain patients had a far easier time with the proper treatment of their pain, NOW the DEA is breathing down the necks of any drs prescribing CII's, due to their abundance of misuse by drug addicts seeking a "high". Pain patients seek relief= BIG DIFFERENCE! This country has really gone to shit, look on the wall at any hospital you go to and I guarantee you will see a sign about how it is the medical care systems "duty" to properly treat pain for those who have it! I just lmfao every time I see these, because drs have ignored their ethical dutiy due to the DEA's bullying of them! In fact, I am a cpp, and my "wonder drug" is no more, due to the druggies on the street abusing it (oxycontin). I am now back to the drawing board after years of trial and error finding proper pain relief. Why can't those f'n junkies just stick to their god damn heroin, it's not like there is any lack of it, shit there is more of it now(and at cheaper prices) than any time in recent history! But, since teenagers started stealing their parents meds, and the high demand for oxycontin on the bm, the FDA and DEA forced a perfectly good pm off the market! So DONT SAY pain patients are not discriminated against! Those junkies can still go get their heroin or methadone, while people in true pain like myself and many others are now forced to fuck around with all different types of pain meds when there was a perfectly good one for the last 15+ years. I cant go buy heroin, nor would I, but I also cant find anything that compares to oxycontin, as far as proper pain relief w few side effects. AND THE USA IS A FUCKING DISGRACE, as we are the only country IN THE WORLD TO ALLOW THIS NEW FORMULA TO BE PRESCRIBED!! It is a combination of greed, corruption, AND MOST SICKENING A DISREGARD FOR THOSE IN "REAL" PAIN!

You are my fucking hero, and I can't wait to talk to you farther!!! <3

I didn't read all the posts and I'm generalizing with my answer, but in my experience junkies don't get pain meds any easier than anyone else, the thing is they are junkies and they will stop at nothing to get their opiates, they call everyone they know all the time, they see multiple doctors, they lie cheat and steal and do whatever it takes to get their fix. If they put this energy into starting a business they would be the most successful business owners in the world. They are also excellent at manipulating people and they don't take no for an answer. They will con you out of your money and you won't even realize that you were conned, you always have to be on guard around full time junkies.

Not all junkies are like this, but I've met my fair share who are, it's a full time job to them. Basically they try harder and don't give up so this is why it seems they get opiates easier. By the time I started to see myself becoming like this I switched to subs.

It's really a testament to the power of the human mind, if your whole life revolves around getting opiates and every day is spent with other people who have the same goal, you're going to eventually get what you're looking for.

You are my fucking hero, and I can't wait to talk to you farther!!! <3

Thanks Violenza, you flatter me! I am glad you agree with my assesment of the pain care industry, and how badly it fails it's patients. I look forward too talking w u as well. Feel free to contact me anytime, it seems like we share many viewpoints, and I might add it's nice to find some c=good friend so soon after joining this site! God bless, and have a pain free day, J

I mean that you can get methadone for drug addiction more easily than pain pills when you are in agony, in many locations.

Drugs addict are masters at being deceitful and crooked.
It becomes part of our behavior

Maybe you can help a real cpp get adequate pain relief then,lol! What r some good tricks I can use w my doc, as it seems this is what we r being forced into to get appropriate pain management. Any tips would be very helpful, thanks.

Yes. Tips would be great.

However, I dont feel like I should HAVE to resort to tricks to get drugs. If I am in pain and I say I am in pain, treating my pain should come before keeping drugs out of the hands of addicts.

And this question wasnt about addicts scamming to get pills, but about how freely they give methadone for drug treatment vs how stingy they are when you are in agony for a real medical condition. I was thinking less about addicts scamming for drugs or buying them off the street. Totally different issue.

I am considering buying heroin to treat my pain if i cant get an increase in my meds....I would rather not have to do that, but I also cannot be in pain like this.

AMEN Sentience! But doesn't it seem to you we are now being lumped in with them anyways? I need more relief, and my doc(who is compassionate and understanding) does seem influenced by the powers that be and is almost paranoid when prescribing CII"s. It is a damn shame what is becoming of the pain care industry!

Absolutely no disrespect to junkies, but there seems to be a trend where in many instances drug addicts who openly admit to having a problem have an easier time getting effective pain drugs, like Methadone, than people who are actually in chronic pain. Why is this? Is this totally backwards or what?

I have considered faking a drug addiction just so I can have my pain treated. I think thats funny because other people fake a pain problem to get drugs, but maybe they are going about it all wrong.

its damn hard for a documented addict (junky is a pretty offensive term IMO) to get prescribed pain meds in pain management.

ANYONE can go to a fucking methadone clinic. If it's really that hard for oyu, you don't haev good documentation of your pain. If you want methadone why not just go to a methadone clinic and say your addicted? Cheaper/free compared to pain clinics. (which most opiate addicts will agree..there is nothing sweet about being on a methadone clinic aside from helping you to stay clean).

Drugs like oxycodone, oxymorphone, heroin, are the drugs most addicts will agree are the most recreational.

Yes. Tips would be great.

However, I dont feel like I should HAVE to resort to tricks to get drugs. If I am in pain and I say I am in pain, treating my pain should come before keeping drugs out of the hands of addicts.

And this question wasnt about addicts scamming to get pills, but about how freely they give methadone for drug treatment vs how stingy they are when you are in agony for a real medical condition. I was thinking less about addicts scamming for drugs or buying them off the street. Totally different issue.

I am considering buying heroin to treat my pain if i cant get an increase in my meds....I would rather not have to do that, but I also cannot be in pain like this.

I am with you, man. But consider trying poppy pods before you turn to heroin. If you get pods from the right source(s), they are potent pain relievers. Swallow the powdered matter instead of tea, and it is stronger and it lasts nearly an entire day(like a type of extended release medication).

Chris

I would give some tips but Im pretty sure its against the rules. I wouldnt get on methadone maintenance it will black flag you as a junky plus it has a nasty addiction. If you have a steady source for heroin thats what I would go for use it as a breakthrough pain reliever.

What r poppy pods(i mean i know they r head of plant), but what is a legitimate source? are they legal? can u buy them online?

No, I am not a junkie. However, I am really dependent on my meds for peace of mind. If I go cold turkey I wont just have WDs, I will be doubled up in pain and wont be able to stand up when the pain is bad, let alone run after my daughter. My life will absolutely end if I dont have pain medication.

So no, being vigilante in getting drugs does not mean you are abusing them. It means you really need them. Pain meds are not optional, like icing on a cake. People NEED these drugs to function, and if they flip out when they dont get them, that is equally if not MORE likely to be a sign of real pain rather than addiction.

Pain hurts. Its even worse than WDs.

I am with you, man. But consider trying poppy pods before you turn to heroin. If you get pods from the right source(s), they are potent pain relievers. Swallow the powdered matter instead of tea, and it is stronger and it lasts nearly an entire day(like a type of extended release medication).

Chris

Think this is probably good advice. Long acting is better, and it might end up being cheaper. Im not looking for a "rush". Im looking for long acting relief, so pods might be a good idea.

I might also need a fast acting to combine with it though. I have really great willpower. I have never gone on a binge with my medication...if I want a buzz I smoke weed with them, but I dont take any risks that would make me lose the effectiveness of my meds. I regulate them, and instead of being out every month I usually have a surplus. Most of my surplus is MSContin which I dont find particularly effective, but I also have about months worth of methadone and another 3 weeks of fent patches and a few other odds and ends.

Pods sound like a good long acting med though.

SO...they must b pretty good! How bad are opana w/d's? I generally don't find myself in major w/d's, like Sentience, I can generally regulate my allotment for the month w/o difficulty. But like he also says, pain is worse than w/d's and it's getting harder and harder to get appropriate pain relief, so I am open to alternative methods, esp when they r as cheap as pods r

How would you compare poppies to Methadone?

For some reason they dont mind pumping me full of Methadone. One doc was honest and said it was because it was cheap. They have this tick for tack with the insurance companies, so they get points for prescribing cheaper drugs.....unless they are sponsored by drug companies, which is how they cover that loss.

Most doctors completely disregard the drawbacks of Methadone, like the drawn out withdrawals, specifically because its cheap and makes the insurance companies happy.

How would you compare poppies to Methadone?

For some reason they dont mind pumping me full of Methadone. One doc was honest and said it was because it was cheap. They have this tick for tack with the insurance companies, so they get points for prescribing cheaper drugs.....unless they are sponsored by drug companies, which is how they cover that loss.

Most doctors completely disregard the drawbacks of Methadone, like the drawn out withdrawals, specifically because its cheap and makes the insurance companies happy.

Unless it is the only thing that works for you, I highly recommend against methadone. It is a complete synthetic with suspected toxic effects on the body, and for sure, it has been shown in a controlled study to have dire effects on bone density with prolonged use. In addition, if you did want to get occasional recreational use, methadone can really ruin that for someone.

Methadone is the last opiate I would touch. I think I'd try street heroin first.....

Chris