• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I have 50 mcg/hr Fentanyl gel patches, & I have no tolerence.

frostine

Greenlighter
I've got 4 of these 50 mcg/hr patches. I had 5 of them to begin with.. but a while back when I had a tolerence I'd slapped one on and later chickened out and took it off x.x I probly would have been ok, thinking about it now.. but anyways.

I was wondering if anyone with experience could tell me a good way to get an effect from the fentanyl I have with NO tolerence. I know not to smoke it, and I'm pretty sure I'd o.d. if I put the patch on my skin as directed. I have read all the threads tagged with the word fentanyl on this website. But most everyone I see posting has some kind of tolerence.

My 2 concerns are: 1. I'd like to feel something. 2. I'd rather not die.
Should I perhaps:
- put a pinhead sized amount of gel under my tongue?
- put a pinhead sized amount of gel on a piece of food and eat it?
More than this amount/ or too much? I know fent is potent stuff. But I just don't know what to do with it safely.

Also, if I put the opened patch in a plastic bag would the gel stay potent? If it dries out, is the dried up material potent?

I don't know any opiate users or people who sell/trade opiates you know. It's this or nothin for me. And I love opiates so I'd really like to use these.

I've no experience with Fentanyl, but I am with the aspects of harm-reduction when it comes to them.

Questions:

1. What was your tolerance like in a past?
2. How much of what did you take in that past?
3. How long was your use?
4 How long have you been clean.
5. Are they the gel-based patches?
6. How much effect did you get when you placed one

You're quite correct that Fentanyl in general is a very potent Opioid, and can be very dangerous unless you're extremely careful.
Depending on how long you've been off Opiates/Opioids, then you could do as you did last time and stick one on - carefully monitoring your responce!
And as suggested, you could take a tiny amount of the gel and smoke it on foil.
This wouldn't creep up on you like using the patch in it's intended way - You could feel fine for and hour or so and then find yourself getting seriously fucked up, possibly to a dangerous level.

But yes, if you're going to choose the latter, then you really do want to use an amount placed on the end of a pinhead. And an extremely small amount at that!
Literally a dot of the stuff
One thing is that Fentanyl lasts a very short time, so I doubt you'd find yourself thinking:
This isn't working, I'll take another larger smoke." which only adds to the safety you must take.

You could take the same amount and use it sublingually. Again (and again and again) though, use a very small amount (pin-tip size).

As for the patch contents drying out, your best bet would be to keep it in a tupperware in the fridge.

Honestly though? I wouldn't fuck around with Fent unless I was 100% sure of my tolerance.

I've been completely clean for 6 and a half months. Before that, at my highest tolerence of my life, I was snorting 4 8mg dilaudids per day every day for about 1 month. Like for instance I say my tolerence must be gone because I felt noticibly good on only 2 M360 vicodins the other day, which is the first time in 6 months I've done any opiates. Yes they are gel based patches, watson brand. The time that I started to use one before, I took it off after only 6 hours because I had to take a long drive and decided it wouldn't be a good idea to use it at that time. Then I stopped using the dilaudid cold turkey and had some withdrawls & got over it.

Do you know how long it takes to take effect if a small amount is ingested? Is that safer than putting it under the tongue?

Thanks for replying.

I don't know too much about them, but I would recommend be extremely cautious. I know someone who died from eating them.

Ok I've done some more research on opiphile & around the web.. and decided to try something. Yesterday I dropped what looked like 1 microliter (25 mcg dose) into a spoon and licked it. (Wanted to start with something extremely small & less dangerous). Didn't feel anything. I read the bioavailability of the fent is significanly less when taken orally. Tonight there are some crystals in the patch that I opened & put in a plastic baggie. I'm taking double the amount I took last night orally. Maybe I'm wasting my fent at this point, but I'm just scared to try vaporizing on foil while I'm home alone... w/ no tolerence.

I'm hoping someone will know whether an opiate-naive person can handle vaporizing a 25 mcg hit for the first time?

I would say for someone without tolerance, you shouldn't fuck around with the fent patches.

Opiates make me feel great too, but I would choose nothing rather then screw around with the fent. If you never used fent before, there's a good chance you kill yourself because you don't know what you're doing or because you got some misinformation and relied on it.

^Thats kinda over dramatic, the dude is here and obviously has been doing his homework before dosing this shit...

It's not that difficult to use the smoking or sublingual method using TINY amounts until you work out thing abit more and have more of a clear picture about what you're doing.

Yeah just keep it small and you'll be good. People talk about how dangerous it is, and it certainly is, until you know what an appropriate dose is. If you start even lower and work up, you'll be good. You've had strong opiates in the past, so you know what the effects are supposed to feel like. Start with the smallest dot possible, smoking on foil, and just try again doing a little more each time (as in waiting until the previous dose is back to baseline) until you find your sweet spot.
It's dangerous, but you are interested, so despite all the HR, there is still going to be risk, but hopefully reward.

I would do about a quarter of it orally to start, and go from there, you'll prob feel really good. Snoting hydromorphone isn't all that potent, du to low BA nasally, and since your habit was just a month, that's nothing, especially where you felt good off a couple vikes. I wouldn't put the whole patch on, as that may be way too much and BA is very high. So, I would advise putting pices in your mouth against cheek or under tongue(near membranes). That will still be efficient, do not swallow, as stomach acid destroys fentanyl and not much will happen. But I guess, if you can, cut part of patch w med into 4, and start w 1, and wait about 45-hr and c how u feel, then you can adjust your dose accordingly. Best of luck!

"Yesterday I dropped what looked like 1 microliter (25 mcg dose)"

1000mcg is 1 mg and it would be difficult to eyeball that amount.

I would use an analytical balance. 0.1 mg or better

Last edited:
Put some in your mouth or under tongue, or smoke it. A dot sized bit at first, then go from there if you need to. Don't swallow it...BA is low that way.