• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is a benzo high like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only benzo i found to produce any real euphoria was temazepam. It is also the only benzo that i have ever been psychologically addicted to. Most other benzos do nothing but relax me and alprazolam doesn't even to that. I have had Valium and Ativan IV (i had some vials of both) and even IV use didn't make them anymore euphoric. It just made the benzos kick in alot faster.

IMHO/IME to really appreciate benzos you have to learn to recognize the effect, because it's subtle but if you know it well you can definetely feel it and enjoy it.
benzos are more functional drugs tbh imo, very good to take the edge off/stim comedowns but not that good for recreation unless you add some other depressant (NOT RECOMMENDED) or weed.

i like how this thread has essentially been bumped from 4 years ago and is still going lol.

comfortably numb - completely agree with you, however, some benzos do definitely hold a sort of "edge" to others in terms of relative euphoria. for instance, flunitrazepam has actually given me full on, full blown euphoric feelings that are pretty damn similar to opiates. not the same, but definitely a strong body induced euphoric feeling and obviously the stupidness of the benzo ontop of that too.

i find benzos go nicely with stimulants sometimes as they can just take that edge off of them that can get slightly uncomfortable at times. for instance when i was tweaking my nuts off on methylphenidate, 0.5 of xanax really helped take away the nasty side effects but left me with the euphoria.

same goes for psychedelics - for instance LSD, valium didn't kill the high, but it did make it calmer. i'm not sure i wanted it to be calmer but i was essentially force fed one during a cid trip once because my friend was getting annoyed at me for making too much noise and said i should go to sleep. i knew the valium would do fuck all with regards to sleep, but it would shut him up once i'd swallowed it. to be honest i don't think it actually affected the LSD in any way at all, it just let me deal with some of the more intense parts of the LSD trip without freaking out.

some downers go well with benzos, the most common one (i think) is with opiates - i personally don't like that mix, i only really use it when i have an extreme tolerance to both substances normally. alcohol and benzos is usually a good one but in complete moderation, which is extremely difficult to do. it's also very dangerous to mix CNS depressants and i really don't recommend it whatsoever.

The only benzo i found to produce any real euphoria was temazepam. It is also the only benzo that i have ever been psychologically addicted to. Most other benzos do nothing but relax me and alprazolam doesn't even to that. I have had Valium and Ativan IV (i had some vials of both) and even IV use didn't make them anymore euphoric. It just made the benzos kick in alot faster.

Yes, Temazepam is definitely euphoric & I actually enjoyed it even at 10mgs.

I actually liked mixing Temazepams with hydrocodone better than somas which isn't that way with any other benzo.

I can definitely see how someone can get addicted to Temazepams. As for Ativan, I never liked them much & can never see myself taking those every day.

Yes, Temazepam is definitely euphoric & I actually enjoyed it even at 10mgs.

I actually liked mixing Temazepams with hydrocodone better than somas which isn't that way with any other benzo.

I can definitely see how someone can get addicted to Temazepams. As for Ativan, I never liked them much & can never see myself taking those every day.

I haven't found the stones yet to try it with true opiates but I really like it with kratom and tramadol. I'm tapering now but part of my addiction came from the combo.

I haven't found the stones yet to try it with true opiates but I really like it with kratom and tramadol. I'm tapering now but part of my addiction came from the combo.

When I mixed hydro with Temazepam, it was 10mg of each, hydro & temaz & sometimes 20mgs of hydro. It sure had me sedated & high.

What is your regular dose of hydrocodone? I've been holding at 7.5mg of temazepam for a while so now would probably be as good as time as any and...I have both oxy and hydro!

What is your regular dose of hydrocodone? I've been holding at 7.5mg of temazepam for a while so now would probably be as good as time as any and...I have both oxy and hydro!

My tolerance for hydrocodone is 30mgs in one dose but I usually dose 20mgs.

When I was mixing hydro with temaz, my tolerance was 10 to 15 MG's in one dose.

The first couple times I tried temazepam, obviously took it by itself & it clocked me.......I took it at night because I couldn't sleep & had some anxiety & I slept for 10 to 12 hours & the sleep was uninterrupted.....best sleep in a long time.

I suggest if you're gonna mix temaz with oxy or hydro, do it in the afternoon when your not tired so you can enjoy the combo.

There really isn't much to a benzo high. Just a light drunk feeling if your lucky. Once you reach that stage you are pretty impaired but you won't feel it like with alcohol. So people proceed to drink or take more and get fucked up chasing a high that isn't much of high.

I have Panic Disorder and I take about 1 - 2 mg. as needed. It really helps, but I have gotten curious as to what a Xanax "high" would feel like. I railed about 3 mg. and there wasn't much mental high at all... my body felt extremely relaxed and I didn't really have any worries, but it's definitely not something I would care to do regularly (in terms of recreational use).

Best way to describe the effects of benzodiazepines to no one who's ever tried them is like this. Imagine being drunk... very drunk.

But without any of the dizziness, no blurry vision, and no hangover. And that's kind of what benzo's feel like. It's very hard to describe a type of drug to someone who's never tried said drug before. Just imagine being very mellow. Extremely relaxed, and very tired. But not tired in the sense that you are desperate for sleep. But tired in the sense that everything is just very relaxing. Anywhere you sit feels like you're floating on a cloud.

The biggest part to this is a you feel no anxiety. Actually a much better way to put it; a total lack of caring about anything in the world. The sky could be falling on top of you - and you wouldn't give a damn. You feel like nothing could ever be a problem for you again. You don't necessarily feel incredibly happy (like you would with opioids) but you just fell... very relaxed, very calm, very... at peace. Again, not anywhere near the same kind of internal peace that opioids give you, but rather just a feeling of 'Ahh.... much better...'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.