• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc We're selling off OD (the monkeys are turning wild), help us save the best threads

phr

Ex-Bluelighter
We're in the process of pruning various forums in order to improve site performance.

You can help out OD by reviewing threads currently located in the Pending Deletion sub-forum. If there's a thread you'd like to save, please bump or report it. OD staff will then review it and decide whether it should be moved to the closed archive or back into OD.

After at least a week the threads in Pending Deletion will be pruned(deleted) and a new chunk of threads will be moved in.

We look forward to your help.

so everyone get you scissors out, scrapbook and give us a hand. the more hands on deck the easier it's going to be saving all the most valuable and informative threads. the last thing we want is to be accidentally pruning off important threads which are near impossible to recover if they're pruned.

Also, we'll only be pruning up to 2010. So there's no need to bump any threads that were created in 2010.

Also, your post count will not be effected by pruning. So, if you are concerned your post count will go down, don't be. Only be concerned if a thread is quality enough to be spared from the pruning.

Finally, if a thread is already in the Archive of a sub-forum, then it is OK, it is not going to get pruned.

come on guys and girl, our valued members, surely there are threads out there you want kept so they're not swempt under the carpet.

now is the time to chime in!

haha when I first saw this thread I thought we were going to start pruning members from OD.

haha when I first saw this thread I thought we were going to start pruning members from OD.

Where's that "OD Feedback" thread when you need it?

If we started pruning members, I'd feel good. And I knew that I would.

So good.

So good.

well folks i only got thru the first couple of pages, but from what i see most of this stuff is already searchable thru here already, the stuf that aint is from what i saw was against guidelines. I noticed a couple that could be possibly merged with other megathreads of similar topic, But yar prune away:\ if it makes ur jobs easier and helps bluelights efficency

of course it does.

i'm not sure why you can't access it, perhaps posting your query in the support forum may yield some kind of answerr for you. might be a glitch on your end?

I just want to thank all the admins and mods for all the hard work in keeping this place clean and organized. BL has been such an enormous valuable benefit.

Does the archive even work? Anytime I've ever tried to access it, I can't.

I think you mean you can't reply to anything. It should still function in terms of being searchable and readable (all Archive subfolders are shut off for further replies, kept only for reference). If there's a thread in there you think ought be replied to and kicked back into discussion, either REPORT the thread or PM a mod and request that it be moved back into OD proper for further replies. :) If I misunderstood, please enlighten us where we might have a setting wrong that we can fix for everyone. :)

I just want to thank all the admins and mods for all the hard work in keeping this place clean and organized. BL has been such an enormous valuable benefit.

And thank you. Without the members, we wouldn't be here ;)

This shit sounds like difficult and tedeus work.

Yer damn skippy it is! And being such difficult and tedious work, we do it in a way that lets all the members pitch in and help ensure we don't screw it up :D You (any member) don't have to go thru the whole damn thing (though it would help), you could just check out a few pages and scan them over....if anything looks like it ought be saved you can REPORT it or PM a mod or put a link to it here and the mods will check into it. Heck, YOU could find the ONE thread that we'd really need but nobody saw and it got deleted! :eek: You never know :\ So, yeah, any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

You are an absolute peach. We all do this because we care about BL's mission of spreading harm reduction information and allowing people to make informed decisions but having our egos gently stroked now and then never hurts :D

^How many times do I have to tell you that asking people to "stroke your ego" is inappropriate?! Stroke your own damn ego! ...Or get your girlfriend to do it for you!

^You wouldn't have to tell me that again and if you'd just fucking take care of it yourself. You know I'm a cripple, its difficult to stroke my own ego... ya know, with the cane and all.

^we CAN prune any threads- to demonstrate such, I just did prune that one.

Reviewing ALL these threads takes a serious amount of time and prevents us from being able to moderate and contribute as much around here so if we were doing every thread up until present, it would require a lot more work, so we do it incrementally when it has to be done.

plus we pruned last year up until the 2009 threads so some "shitty" threads may have slipped through the gaps and would have been archived or kept active by members bumping them

^You wouldn't have to tell me that again and if you'd just fucking take care of it yourself. You know I'm a cripple, its difficult to stroke my own ego... ya know, with the cane and all.

Im a cripple with a cane too(temporarily), and I dont find it difficult to stroke my own ego at all. hehe ;)

>TDS is that way guys... i'm sure there are websites especially for "you people"