Bluelight

Thread: how do you use Heroin while on suboxone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. Collapse Details
    how do you use Heroin while on suboxone 
    #1
    Bluelighter Call Me"PRIEST"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    North East USA
    Posts
    111
    right now i am slowly trying to stop using heroin alltogether but easier said then done. i take suboxone 2-4 mgs a day on days that i don't use heoin. i feel that i'm right there and i could stop using for good if i just set my mind to it.

    is anyone else going through the same thing? are you in active recovery but still use from time to time? i know all the right answers but i just don't use them as i should. anyway, i was wondering for the ppl that fit into this mold how to you go about using heroin now?

    what i do now is i'll stop using the suboxone as early as possible before i use again, mostly i try to stop around 24 hours before i use heroin. this time i bought close to 20 bags. knowing that i have to wait to take the subx until i start to feel WD i try to time it out. i figure instead of using 2 bags spread out over several hours, i'll use 4 bags in half the time. so basically i made the bundle last for 3 days. yesterday being the middle day i used the most.

    my thinking is i would rather use a lot of my dope now than to try and make it last over a few days. this way i don't have to worry about increasing my heroin habit any more than it is. i don't have to maintain either because i have the subx to come down off of. and i also plan it out that my last bag will be used later this afternoon, i'll be fine all night then tomorrow i will be able to dose with suboxone.

    so does anyone think it makes sense to use large amounts over a smaller time frame, or take smaller amounts spread out over several days? for me i think it's better to just use what i have as quick as possible then at least i know i won't develop a stronger habit for the heroin. plus i feel better when using suboxone. like for instance right now, it's hard to write a understandable topic while nodding off onto my desk.
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    moved basic and repetitive question to BDD
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Greenlighter DuckSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    30
    try to search for dosing opiates while on suboxone in the search engine, tons of threads on it as your question has been asked tons and there is lots of info out there
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    By asking people who are in recovery if they use from time to time, you're just fishing for an excuse. The fact is that if someone has had any substantial habit, the odds of them being able to use casually at all is right next to 0... yeah its POSSIBLE, but wildly unlikely and everyone tells themselves that THEY can do it.

    Stop listening to your head because you're talking yourself back into a habit.
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Bluelighter phatass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    A glass bottle in the ocean between waves and rocks
    Posts
    9,265
    i just don't understand why ur using H at all if you're on subs
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Bluelighter K'd-OUT-in-AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between Eden and North Utopia. Somewhere beneath the astral plain
    Posts
    5,969
    My suggestion? Just toss your dope. Don't continue to use, not all at once or spread out over time. You have the wrong mindset right now. You have to want to quit, not deciding how you should use your dope while on Suboxone as a fall back drug to be on when you don't have any dope. Thats basically how you are thinking right now. Just toss the shit.
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Bluelighter Call Me"PRIEST"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    North East USA
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by K'd-OUT-in-AZ View Post
    My suggestion? Just toss your dope. Don't continue to use, not all at once or spread out over time. You have the wrong mindset right now. You have to want to quit, not deciding how you should use your dope while on Suboxone as a fall back drug to be on when you don't have any dope. Thats basically how you are thinking right now. Just toss the shit.
    i don't want to sound arrogant, or seem like i'm putting down any of these users sugestions. i was a little high when i wrote this so maybe my thought didn't come out as clear as i would have liked.
    i was trying to speak to the minority of the people here on BL that are in the same boat as i am. the ones who recognize they have a problem, they are trying to address the problem, but are still finding it hard to stop using.

    what i wanted to know is if the people out there that are like me and are still using while trying to stay clean and taking suboxone how they view using or binging. for me i feel phsyically better if i only use for a short duration rather than spreading it out and binging over a few days. i find it easier to get back on suboxone after binging for 2 days rather than stretching it out over 4 days.

    judging by your suggestion to "just toss your dope, and not use at all" i'm assuming that you never had a dope habit before. it would be great if we all could just not do it. basically that is the bottom line of any drug addiction treatment. but it's easier said than done. if it were as easy as don't do it, then i would never had to go through everything that i went through.

    even though i am using from time to time i still consider myself to be in recovery and getting treatment. when i was an addict not getting help, my habit was a 24/7 responsibility. basically i had to plan my life around my ability to secure funds and or heroin. i didn't have the luxury of deciding if i wanted to do all my dope or spread it out. i would have to make sure i had enough to last me until i got more. i had to shoot up at least once every 18-24 hours. so the fact that i'm not actively out there hustling for drugs EVERY day is an improvement. i'm an addict that is working my way to a full recovery but still has this flaw that makes me go out and use every now and then. that is the fucked up part of addiction is that all i have to do is not use and i'd be fine, but for whatever reason i can't stop.

    i know i'm in the minoity here at BL but i know i'm not the only one reading these forums going through the same thing i am.
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Bluelighter K'd-OUT-in-AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between Eden and North Utopia. Somewhere beneath the astral plain
    Posts
    5,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Call Me"PRIEST" View Post
    judging by your suggestion to "just toss your dope, and not use at all" i'm assuming that you never had a dope habit before. it would be great if we all could just not do it. basically that is the bottom line of any drug addiction treatment. but it's easier said than done. if it were as easy as don't do it, then i would never had to go through everything that i went through
    What kind of thinking is that? You think I haven't had a big habit "like you" because I was actually able to toss junk. No, that just makes me smarter than you. Stop making lame assumptions just because your "so hardcore" that you can't quit.
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Bluelighter Call Me"PRIEST"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    North East USA
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by K'd-OUT-in-AZ View Post
    What kind of thinking is that? You think I haven't had a big habit "like you" because I was actually able to toss junk. No, that just makes me smarter than you. Stop making lame assumptions just because your "so hardcore" that you can't quit.
    sorry if you took it like that. i wasn't trying to be "hard core"...believe me i'm not proud of my addiction, plus since no one knows who i am, it wouldn't make sense to brag.
    i didn't want to minimalize your struggles with addiction or put you down at all. but i get the same reaction from ppl that don't have an addiction or don't understand heroin addiction. they can't understand why i just don't not use. it doesn't make me dumber than you because i know that i should "just leave it alone" i just have an addiction that overrides my sensibility.

    you might be one of the stronger people that have been addicted to opiates because the majority of users find it very difficult to just put it down. not saying there aren't ppl like you that are able to put it down once it becomes a problem, i guess your will is stronger than most..
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    I'm on suboxone and I use H all the time.

    People in this thread say the OP has the wrong mindset, which would be true if they were trying to stop doing drugs, but that doesn't look like the case.

    Why do I take suboxone, and heroin? Because I can. I can see my Dr, get a bunch of pills, have extra money, and if I want to do heroin, I can Simple as that. I'm not trying to get "clean" and I wouldn't be on suboxone if I had to pay tons of money out of pocket. I have no problem jumping back and forth between heroin and subs.

    When I do it, I just do it and not try to plan it out. I'll get some dope, do it, be done. There's no real answer to what's best, because it's not really clear what you're trying to accomplish.
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    BL Ambassador Captain.Heroin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    I wished with all my heart that we could just...leave this world behind. Rise like two angels in the night and magically...disappear.
    Posts
    48,404
    Yes, a lot of people do this.

    I used to for the first few months while on Suboxone, but it was very limited. I typically only bought enough for "one experience", and would go back on Suboxone the next morning.

    Since then I haven't had the desire to use heroin again.

    I would recommend that you stay on Suboxone and try to work through the cravings without using heroin. However that's not to say that you can't manage to use a few last times while on Suboxone, with the overall focus on giving up heroin in the near future, for good.

    I would think that most people who go on Suboxone really should try not to use heroin again once they're on Suboxone for a lot of different reasons, mostly because it might be counterproductive for someone's recovery, and it might decrease their personal sense of satisfaction with being on Suboxone.
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    Bluelighter kunmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere North but not Canada
    Posts
    523
    wait till you feel WD's (usually takes about a day if you dont use a shit ton daily) so you know the bupe is starting to leave your receptors. If not you risk the chance of ODing because you wont feel it or youll waste your dope.
    Last edited by kunmo; 11-11-2010 at 03:42.
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by kunmo View Post
    wait till you feel precipitated WD's (usually takes about a day if you dont use a shit ton daily) so you know the bupe is starting to leave your receptors. If not you risk the chance of ODing because you wont feel it or youll waste your dope.
    People OD because they don't understand how opiates work, and they think they can "break through" the bupe. In reality, heroin isn't going to overpower bupe, ever. People end up with tons of heroin just floating around, then the bupe leaves, and the heroin binds, and they OD.

    Also p/w's wouldn't be occurring in the situation you mentioned. That would just be withdrawals.
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Bluelighter kunmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere North but not Canada
    Posts
    523
    I was implying he would do more H becasue he didnt feel it.....
     

  15. Collapse Details
    Just do it 
    #15
    Cool
    Yo jus shoot or wateva ,u can't believe how high i got on sub today off three eight mg dialuad iv its a myth busted so busted don't believe i'm a true opiate addict happy highs
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #16
    Bluelighter .Lucid.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    . ∞ .
    Posts
    740
    sadly most people i know who are on suboxone use it this way.. they just take it to avoid withdrawal and stay functional in between heroin binges.

    personally i think suboxone makes your addiction worse. thats just my experience though.
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #17
    Bluelighter opiatekrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, New York
    Posts
    2,774
    the trick is to do ur best dose of heroin, then an hour later dose suboxone....just kidding.

    i can break thru 8mgs of suboxone and get high on heroin later in the day, but still wasted money i still got a diminishment of the high, and had to use more. 4mg of suboxone u can easily get high without using much more opiates then u usually do, just dont dose 4mg, then take an opiate an hour or two later or u wont feel shit, for some reason, i took 4mg sub, then 100mg methadone, felt NOTHING, but ive always taken 4mg sub, and 100mg methadone and gotten real high, but that was when i dosed the methadone hours later...be careful bout precipiated W/D
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #18
    Bluelighter HlPPlE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    So-Cal
    Posts
    125
    lol this is the most ridiculous thing i ever read. Who is supporting your drug habit? How can you use all day everyday like that? You know how expensive suboxone is and using alot of dope all at once will only make you need more subs to come down on, and increase your want for dope, And 2-4mg of subs takes your sick away? that must be some weak dope, first time i tried subs it took me 16mg and that barley made a dent, this was after a weekend of smoking 2 grams of bomb fuckin tar.

    I think you are on a fast road to nowhere. Your tolerance will go up your kick will feel way more intense and your sub need will increase. Even with insurance its like 6 bucks a pill for 8mg suboxone. And you know that even while using subs you will feel pain/depression after using alot of dope like that....

    Your just trying to justify your binge, no one will here will say 'oh its okay to use massive amounts of dope all at once so you don't develop a habit', because its not true and it sounds to me like your barley starting on your 'habit', because no self-respecting dope user can take 2mg of sub right after using dope to make their sick go away.

    THIS IS A HARM REDUCTION SITE. Its not okay to take shitloads of drugs just so you wont use them tomorrow.
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
    #19
    Bluelighter .Lucid.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    . ∞ .
    Posts
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by HlPPlE View Post
    Its not okay to take shitloads of drugs just so you wont use them tomorrow.
    yea i was gonna say.. youre just asking for an overdose with this kind of mentality.
     

  20. Collapse Details
     
    #20
    Bluelight Crew Psilo707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    San Diego/Bay Area
    Posts
    4,728
    Quote Originally Posted by .Lucid. View Post
    sadly most people i know who are on suboxone use it this way.. they just take it to avoid withdrawal and stay functional in between heroin binges.

    personally i think suboxone makes your addiction worse. thats just my experience though.
    dont tell people to shoot.
     

  21. Collapse Details
     
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by opiatekrzy View Post
    the trick is to do ur best dose of heroin, then an hour later dose suboxone....just kidding.

    i can break thru 8mgs of suboxone and get high on heroin later in the day, but still wasted money i still got a diminishment of the high, and had to use more. 4mg of suboxone u can easily get high without using much more opiates then u usually do, just dont dose 4mg, then take an opiate an hour or two later or u wont feel shit, for some reason, i took 4mg sub, then 100mg methadone, felt NOTHING, but ive always taken 4mg sub, and 100mg methadone and gotten real high, but that was when i dosed the methadone hours later...be careful bout precipiated W/D
    The concept of "breaking through" is what causes overdoses. There is no such thing.

    Bupe has a higher affinity than heroin, thus you can't break through. When bupe wears off, the heroin simply binds, there is no "breaking through". By thinking people have to use some amount to initally break throuhg, and another amount to get high is very dangerous.

    Assume someone usually shoots 1 bag of dope, but they are trying to break through so they shoot 2, feel nothing, ahh 1 more. Then the bupe all wears off, and all 3 bags bind, leading to an overdose.
     

  22. Collapse Details
     
    #22
    Bluelighter .Lucid.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    . ∞ .
    Posts
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo707 View Post
    dont tell people to shoot.
    i didnt..
     

  23. Collapse Details
     
    #23
    Bluelighter Call Me"PRIEST"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    North East USA
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by HlPPlE View Post
    lol this is the most ridiculous thing i ever read. Who is supporting your drug habit? How can you use all day everyday like that? You know how expensive suboxone is and using alot of dope all at once will only make you need more subs to come down on, and increase your want for dope, And 2-4mg of subs takes your sick away? that must be some weak dope, first time i tried subs it took me 16mg and that barley made a dent, this was after a weekend of smoking 2 grams of bomb fuckin tar.

    I think you are on a fast road to nowhere. Your tolerance will go up your kick will feel way more intense and your sub need will increase. Even with insurance its like 6 bucks a pill for 8mg suboxone. And you know that even while using subs you will feel pain/depression after using alot of dope like that....

    Your just trying to justify your binge, no one will here will say 'oh its okay to use massive amounts of dope all at once so you don't develop a habit', because its not true and it sounds to me like your barley starting on your 'habit', because no self-respecting dope user can take 2mg of sub right after using dope to make their sick go away.

    THIS IS A HARM REDUCTION SITE. Its not okay to take shitloads of drugs just so you wont use them tomorrow.
    to answer yyour question i get my subs from a dr. i have insurance. and the question wasnt should i take a shit load of dope today so i don't have it tomorrow but if i am going to binge on dope is it better to use for two days or take that same amount and stretch it out over four days. the rational being will it be harder to go back to the subs following a binge.
    the only reason that 2mgs of subx holds me now is that i just had a year clean with the help of methadone, then i was weened off methadone with suboxone, and i got that down to minimal levels. that's when i relapsed about 5 weeks ago.
    i have money to support my habit because i don't use everyday now. i'll binge once or twice a week. i own my own bussiness and my wife has a good job so money isn't really an issue like it was when i was shooting a bundle a day.

    for those that are following i did 16 bags over 2 days. this morning i woke up and took 2mgs of subx then another 1mg. i wouldnt say i feel great but i don't feel sick.

    this was a stupid question that i asked while i was high on dope. the correct answer is i shouldn't be doing dope at all. now that i've gone back and read some of my threads i see how stupid i can really be. i'm sticking to my subx for now and trying my best to stayt clean.
    Last edited by Call Me"PRIEST"; 12-11-2010 at 04:21. Reason: corrections
     

  24. Collapse Details
     
    #24
    Moderator
    Sex, Love & Relationships
    The Lounge
    axl blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Lebron James, OH
    Posts
    23,764
    Quote Originally Posted by .Lucid. View Post
    i didnt..
    yeah... I'm confused as well?
     

  25. Collapse Details
     
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by .Lucid. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo707 View Post
    dont tell people to shoot.
    i didnt..
    I reported this post...

    Quote Originally Posted by briguy516 View Post
    Yo jus shoot or wateva ,u can't believe how high i got on sub today off three eight mg dialuad iv its a myth busted so busted don't believe i'm a true opiate addict happy highs
    And I think psilo just hit "quote" on the one right below it when he responded.
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •