Synonyms: 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylcathinone, MDMC, M1, Methylone, bk-MDMA

methylone_3d.jpg

External links:
Erowid Methylone Vault
Wikipedia Methylone Entry

Previous Big & Dandy
First Page Last Page

Now stop gurning & get chatty, RE: methylone :D=D8o
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For those who have tried using this in combination with psychedelics-

Did you find that dosing this during the experience and crashing a little while later actually ended up detracting from the experience of the psych?

Do you just have to keep redosing every hour as to not crash and ruin the rest of the psych's plateau?

Also- what seems to help with the inevitable crash? Little Alcohol? Nothing?

i don't crash too hard from M1. Lately I've combined it with 2cd a couple of times with very good results, definitely extends the experience & lessens the crash. Still good to have a few beers or some wine & a bowl or two on the comedown though

This is interesting as I enjoy both chemicals. Would you care to explain your dosage scheme (timeline & dosage) combining these two, and elaborate a little what is to be expected of this experience?

total duration <8hrs with reasonable dosages. I have put both chems in the same capsule or taken the 2c-d 20-30min before the M1, doesn't seem to make just a huge difference though. May try preloading the 2c-d a bit earlier some time in the future. don't like to take empathogens/monamine releasers too much these days though.

Usually i've taken ~145-160mg M1 with 25-35mg 2c-d, and typically i'll redose this combo once between 1 & 2hrs into the experience. Usually when i get that first good M1 push. Never felt the urge to take a 3rd dose though. I had tried some MDAI & M1 combos back in the winter/early spring & that was definitely more of an MDMA mimic than this. the 2c-d M1 combo is kinda like a shorter lived MDA. It doesn't alter my decision making ability quite as severely as MDMA and is a little trippier and in general feels more "in control" than MDA or MDMA, to me anyway. And if you take about 500mg magnesium a couple hours before, next to nill gurning, FTW!

Last edited:
You might be having an allergic reaction. You could try taking a Benadryl or two 30 minutes before taking the methylone. If that doesn't help, then I wouldn't take any more methylone.

Its definitely not an allergic reaction...this redness appears relatively often. It happens every time I take a stimulant, but with methylone it is very pronounced. It also happens when I feel a particularly strong emotion -- specifically anxiety but also happy/sad/etc. I imagine it has something to do with an increase in blood pressure, coupled with my very sensitive skin, causes my face/neck/etc to turn red.

Then again I'm no doctor and that explanation may make no sense...just an attempt at using logic :eek:

so, anyone have a similar problem with methylone (or uppers in general i guess too)? or have this problem in general (regardless of drugs) and have a solution?

sorry if the end got a bit offtopic but bluelight always knows best :)

total duration <8hrs with reasonable dosages. I have put both chems in the same capsule or taken the 2c-d 20-30min before the M1, doesn't seem to make just a huge difference though. May try preloading the 2c-d a bit earlier some time in the future. don't like to take empathogens/monamine releasers too much these days though.

Thanks for explaining this a little more any major dude. Anything below 30mg 2C-D is a very low dose for me. It would be above threshold to be sure, but it wouldn't do much at this level. Are you sensitive to 2C-D or did you deliberately chose a low dose because you wanted just to add a small pinch of psychedelia? Or does M1 and 2C-D potentiate eachother to some degree? Sorry if I pester you with my questions.

And if you take about 500mg magnesium a couple hours before, next to nill gurning, FTW!

Ah, I might try this next time I experiment with M1. At first I dismissed this particular side effect as insignificant but it became more and more of nuisance over time, and is one of the reasons I'm not using it that often.

What is your usual redose size?

140-145mg M1, 25-30mg 2c-d

Thanks for explaining this a little more any major dude. Anything below 30mg 2C-D is a very low dose for me. It would be above threshold to be sure, but it wouldn't do much at this level. Are you sensitive to 2C-D or did you deliberately chose a low dose because you wanted just to add a small pinch of psychedelia? Or does M1 and 2C-D potentiate eachother to some degree? Sorry if I pester you with my questions.

Ah, I might try this next time I experiment with M1. At first I dismissed this particular side effect as insignificant but it became more and more of nuisance over time, and is one of the reasons I'm not using it that often.

Its a pretty low dose, but I usually end up taking a total of 50 or 60mg 2c-d as i usually redose once. However i'm thinking it may be more advantageous to take all the 2c-d at once then the M1. Have to give that a go in a few weeks after my receptors reregulate.

I'm honestly wondering how well 2C-E (rectal - 5-7mg) would mix with methylone...

Maybe because there is no such place as "Austia" :D

lol, sorry, we can't even discuss imaginary or otherwise non-existent vendors ;)

I'm honestly wondering how well 2C-E (rectal - 5-7mg) would mix with methylone...

I've combined 2c-e with a M1+MDAI combo i was experimenting with about a year ago. The empathogen combo almost negated the 2c-e for me. I suspect the MDAI had more to do with it than the M1. Think since MDAI is a competitive agonist it might've blocked the 2c-e from binding. Of course this is rampant speculation on my part. I've combined M1 with 2c-d successfully, so that further supports my hypothesis that the MDAI was to blame for negating the 2c-e. Do tell how it goes if you give it a try though. At some point i may give that combo a go, but next on my list is 25C-nBOMe :D

140-145mg M1, 25-30mg 2c-d

Its a pretty low dose, but I usually end up taking a total of 50 or 60mg 2c-d as i usually redose once. However i'm thinking it may be more advantageous to take all the 2c-d at once then the M1. Have to give that a go in a few weeks after my receptors reregulate.

i've tried 200mgs m1 then an hour into it i decided to take 30mgs 2c-D. it blew my mind .the m1 did potentiate the 2c-d IME. i didnt even think about re doseing.it was PLENTY STRONG . i can handle 50mgs 2c-D ,but on the combo al i could do was roll my eyes back and let go of reality for a few hours.

I had tried some MDAI & M1 combos back in the winter/early spring & that was definitely more of an MDMA mimic than this. the 2c-d M1 combo is kinda like a shorter lived MDA. It doesn't alter my decision making ability quite as severely as MDMA and is a little trippier and in general feels more "in control" than MDA or MDMA, to me anyway. And if you take about 500mg magnesium a couple hours before, next to nill gurning, FTW!

In relation to the M1 - MDAI combo what dosage range for each have you found in your research to give the best results? What size of redose for each and how soon following the original dosing? Thanks for any insight!

i'm interested in this stuff lately, since no good x around and i dont like the comedown of it anyways.

So, how does 4-aco-dmt sound with it? or 2c-i? take a bit after the peak...? that's what i'll try soon hopefully but would like some insight for those who've done it.

how long does the crash last?

^ I have found (as have others) that I need at least 175mg of methylone (but never more than 200) for empathogenic effects to occur. Below 175, even a little at 150, seems below the threshold to trigger the Serotonin release pulse that is required for the empathogenic euphoria to manifest.

Have you done methylone itself alone before at 150 and *HAD* empathogenic effects?

In relation to the M1 - MDAI combo what dosage range for each have you found in your research to give the best results? What size of redose for each and how soon following the original dosing? Thanks for any insight!

Usually about 150-180mg M1 & at least 100mg MDAI, i'll have to find my notes to be sure, but I'd usually redose once or twice

^ I have found (as have others) that I need at least 175mg of methylone (but never more than 200) for empathogenic effects to occur. Below 175, even a little at 150, seems below the threshold to trigger the Serotonin release pulse that is required for the empathogenic euphoria to manifest.

Have you done methylone itself alone before at 150 and *HAD* empathogenic effects?

this threshold seems to vary a bit from person to person. I've known a few people to get empathogenic effects at 100-150mg, and some that require more. Think there are probably a lot of variables that affect this.

Last edited:
It may have even been 200 mgs now that I think about it. I remember thinking to myself if it was a smart idea or not cause I had not read anything prior to trying it. I have experienced slight empathogenic effects at 150 mgs methylone by itself, its usually my redose amount. Now that you really Got me thinking it very well could have been 200 mgs and it felt like I dosed adderall along with the 2ce.

This was posted in the 2C-I thread:

I was giddy and happy the entire time - much better than anything I can get from methylone.

I was thinking of trying methylone for an MDMA like experience someday, however if 2C-I is trippy and more euphoric, it sounds like an easy choice. Do others share agreement of the quote?

This was posted in the 2C-I thread:

I was thinking of trying methylone for an MDMA like experience someday, however if 2C-I is trippy and more euphoric, it sounds like an easy choice. Do others share agreement of the quote?

I really enjoy both. Some people find 2cb and 2ci to be more euphoric than MDMA, that has not really been the case in my experience. I find the methylone experience closer to MDMA but 2ci obviously lasts longer and more bang for your buck.

2ci is very hit and miss for me, some trips' its very euphoric and busy visually/mentally and other trips' its more uncomfortable and lacking visually/mentally and can be both on the same trip. Methylone doesn't necessarily make me giddy but it can have that embracing immeadiacy of MDMA and can feel really good! Methylone is like the MDMA I'm not afraid to take at bars,strip clubs, mini golfing, hookah lounge, etc. Got a bit more toned down quality than MDMA but definitely a similar head space.

They're quite different. I get mad trails/tracers on 2c-i but only at about 25mg, which yea is quite stimmy, but actually I kinda like that, I know some dont. Never an issue, if it gets intense I just be sure and take deep breaths and have something like gatorade or sports drink with electrolytes and a little sugar to support energy expenditure and ride the wave, soon enough it mellows out and I have just brighter colors, crisp edges, amazing trails and this super-calm zen-like mind-space... contrary to other drugs, it seems to actually STOP my thoughts, and just leave me feeling like a giant happy eyeball with a complete absence of bothersome wordswordswords swirling around my head. It is definitely euphoric but in a long-term, man-this-feels-nice way.

Methylone though, dosed right, gives you this amazing buildup lasting 45-60 mins then this big ass burst of released tension and tingly swimmy floaty euphoria... along with a few trippy effects like color enhancement and ecstatic excited thought processes... while it seems to be lifting the weight of the world of troubles and worries from your weary shoulders, like you have not a care in the world. It's really beautiful feeling stuff, IMO.

You gotta try both and use each when you know the mood is right for their sort of feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.