View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy bk-MDMA (Methylone) Thread - Redosed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best (legal) substitute for Methylone now it is banned? Does anything come close?

(Long) Methylone 1 g binge report

The following trip is a detailed description of my first Methylone use (1 g).

Here's the intro on my myself and my history. Skip it if you are not curious but it might help to compare our experiences in order to fully understand my usage of Methylone today in a wider context. By comparing the experiences you will be likely to either relate to what I say or don't relate to that all.

I am a healthy 22 years old male, my weigh is 200 pounds and my height is 6'3”. I was diagnosed around a year ago with a clinical depression, I used to take Fluxotine on and off but was having none of it in my system for 2 weeks prior todays experience. I have mild chronic hypertension, which is difficult condition to have if you choose to enjoy stimulants. In the past from amphetamine use and Mephedrone use a big part of the negative experience was elevated blood pressure, high rate of beats per minute of my heart and strong anxiety to follow during comedown and for a day after. Some aftereffects such as general tiredness and hyper sensitivity of my heart remained for up to 3 days but it didn't interfere anyway with my usual lifestyle: school and work. However, it was not as bad with Mephedrone which I did 4 grams in the past two months with 2 g over 12 hours as my highest dosage which I survived fine but developed hypersensitivity to caffeine and some other short term problems that were gone by the time I tried Methylone.

Prior doing Methylone I didn't do any strong stimulant drugs for over 10 days. A night before I smoked a couple of joints and had a couple of shots of whiskey.

6:10 – Woke up, showered, etc. My lower back really hurt...

7:00 – 2 x Naproxen Sodium (backache from lifting heavy weights over the weekend and partially due to having a not very comfortable sleep last night), multivitamin complex, milk, water.

7:45 - Light breakfast (milk, cheese, toast, some ham, banana).

8:00 – Doing errands, submitting assignments online, getting my setting and mind ready to have zero needs and obligations for when the drug will be taken. Always good to feel accomplished and proud before a major psychoactive experience. Perfect mood and setting always makes trips go smooth and well.

11:00-12:00 – Mildly fast walk around town to wake myself up completely, turn on my metabolism and digest the food.

12: 30 – I broke down the gram I ordered into 4 approximately same looking piles and prepared 3 gel caps with around 250 mg in each, 1 gel cap with 150 mg and two lines 50 mg each. Approximately 100 mg worth of lines was insufflated using both nostrils. Slightly bitter drip, not as bad as Mephedrone. Came in sugar-like crystals, not sticking to each other, white color, slight odor. Dried my nasal cavity slightly but didn't cause unpleasant and hard to fight, as usually in my case, congestion some drugs cause from snorting.

12: 35 – Approximately 150 mg plugged in a gel cap. My bowls were moved a couple of times during the morning so I wasn't afraid of unpleasant feeling and lack of absorption. Such method was working very well with Mephedrone, should work just as good for Methylone.

12:40 – First signs of come up. Slight tension in my jaws. Slightly elevated heart rate, no speedy anxiety whatsoever.

12:50 - Feel of some build up. Still feel fine, much better than after an equal amount of Mephedrone, no edginess and lightheadedness. Decided to drink 16 oz of light beer to get a heart healthy amount of ethanol to expand my blood-vessels slightly and reduce risks associated with blood vessels' constriction due to the side effects of the chemical. Decided to lay back in my chair, listen to some on-line music station hoping to find something fitting my mood and smoke a cigarette. The drip is prevalent but it's nothing nasty and a little of beer helps. Have lots of water handy and chewing gum if jaw tension persists and clenching results.

By the way, rectal administration of Methylone wins over Mephedrone's. With Mephedrone in the past I had unpleasant burning sensation as the chemical was absorbed, today I didn't feel it at all.

12:55 – Same effects but body temperature seems to go up. Brain starts to work faster but concentration is becoming a little more difficult.

1:00 – Smoking old stale light non-menthol cigarette was surprisingly pleasant for the poor quality of the cigarette, breathing the smoke in was easy and the flavor was almost unnoticeable yet seemed pleasant. Decided to stop on Faithless as a soundtrack for coming up. Their early track Insomnia feels great to listen to due to its steady but not overly fast beat and the melodic synths really feel catchy. Can't resist moving slightly to the music. Feel mentally intact. Same effects as before yet in terms of slight uplifting body load. Little tingling in my hands. Vision becomes noticeably very clear, indirect sunshine visible outside through my apartment's windows seem to hurt eyes a little more than usually, some photosensitivity develops I imagine. My lower back pain is not bothering me anymore as much and it's only slightly noticeable instead. I can sit and bend without grimacing. Already a very good sign. At least decent pain relief out of the first dosage makes the experience already worth it. My slight hunger diminished to zero.

1:05 – Rush started to rise slowly as well as my heart beat (still comfortable) and tingling. I am gonna take a little brake and enjoy the ride for a little bit. No sexual arousal noticed. Moving feels awesome...

1:45 – Shortly after my previous note I dressed up and decided to go for a walk in the park around the lake, quite a beautiful and serene place as it is, especially during the Monday midday when it's quiet and no one is around. Even though it was very cold and windy outside (golden autumn time – my favorite!), so I had to wear a padded leather jacket and a sweater in the morning. During my walk I didn't feel cold and wind seemed to be very pleasant. The sunshine felt great, starring at water waves and a myriad of ripples is very interesting, the patterns in the waves and vibrations of water produce pure joy when admired and watched. The nature is in its calm state, slightly melancholic and nostalgic. I could sit for an hour on a dock looking at pale blue skies full of hanging white clouds and being cradled by waves underneath. I felt like my inner being was pleasantly elevated from the ground and then gently put back every time the dock would be hit by a wave.. So good. My body temperature and metabolism got very high even from a slow relaxing walking, so I was sweating and didn't feel cold at all. I think I was peaking but the feeling was never declining. After I came back I noticed that I feel very euphoric and calm with less side effects from similar amount of Mephedrone I had in the past. I feel not as speedy and much more mentally relaxed and my entire body feels cozy and right like never before. Loud music of Faithless on my 750 watt system feels very good, I couldn't enjoy similar fast paced electronics on Mephedrone as music seemed to intense, but with Methylone it's perfect, very alive and penetrating but doesn't produce a trance-like effect I would have from smoking a potent Marijuana cigarette. I want to move my tongue around my mouth and lick my lips but it's easy to resist on its own but a couple of pieces of gum makes it even easier to resist and it also helps the slightly dry mouth I developed, but it doesn't feel like cotton at all. I am very surprised at this moment for 250 mg I took in total about hour and a half for it's mild load and side effects and the amount of confidence, introspection and euphoria it offers. It doesn't feel like my whole entire body is being ripped apart by a strong Psylocybe Cubensis come up, which is a very powerful body load for me I could barely handle. Methylone is so much more gentle in its seratonergic effect. The high doesn't make me like the high only and not care about my surrounding, I was thinking about my girl friend and my friends with a great joy.

Methylone is lower to medium dosages seems to be a great mood enhancement that makes all kind of activities special and pleasant. It's definitely a waste of high to just lay on a couch or sit in a chair. Moving, walking, looking and observing really expands the experience.

A pack of Newports I bought during my walk in downtown after visiting the lake seemed to be a perfect smoke for the occasion. Just enough menthol, lots of flavor with bad flavor undertones cancelled by acting Methylone. Socializing seemed very easy and pleasant, I didn't want to say any gibberish and enjoyed having a short conversation with the convenience store owner that resulted in many smiles and good wishes. When I am on Marijuana I can really keep talking randomly and exposing myself mentally or become locked up within myself. On Methylone I am more in a control it seems.

2:30 – Spent time in between posts editing my report, expanding it and enjoying the music. This time I feel very concentrated and I enjoy typing, reading, reevaluating my thoughts and editing a little too much. I realize that the trip is done for therapeutical and recreational use first of all, it would be a loss to spend the precious time on something I could afterwards do when I am sober. But I guess you are getting a first hand experience.

The feeling is definitely still there but not so relaxing and a little bit more “speedy” ( for me it's like having about 20 mg of Ritalin orally without re-dosing afterwards). I guess I started to come down but it feels to me much more mild than coming down from a similar dosage of Mephedrone. No anxiety and restlessness, but only a minor uncomfortable feeling at most. Right night if I could stop taking it I would most likely have a completely normal day with no consequences, at least that's what my mind and body tell me confidently. But it's too early to wrap up! fThe chewing gum gets really old as I can't stop chewing it constantly. My jaw muscles as a result are getting little too tense but I didn't bight my tongue or lips over the elapsed time which for me is a good trade-off. Time to suck on some mints instead. I decided to try orally another 250 mg gel cap and see what happens next and how it can be compared to my previous rectal/nasal dosing.

2:50 – I started to feel a similar feeling of come up from the past besides the fact that it's even less intense, probably due to slower absorption of the drug in the stomach versus rectally and inter-nasally. Taking into account my intuition and the experiences of others I researched throughly, I should get to plateau like state in about 40 minutes. For now I am gonna relax, listen to music and look outside through the window as such activities seem to be most pleasant. So simple but rewarding, it reminds me how it is possible to just live and love living simply, enjoying small things and finding beauty where it might seem at first it doesn't belong.

4:15 – Where did all the time go by? Well, I tried to masturbate and it was very bad.. I felt very aroused mentally and really wanted to orgasm. I spent about an hour not ever realizing that the time keeps going without any success on my side no erection and only a slight promise of erection-less orgasm but it never really got close. I realized all the ridiculousness about what was happening, I started to sweat a lot, my shirt got soaked through, I knew that it's a bad idea but I felt almost obsessive with finishing. The rational mind finally took over the animal part and I stopped, and took a shower to clean myself and cool down.

No wonder I didn't feel well after such a ridiculous and intense activity. I still felt the pleasant effects from Methylone but my heart beat got higher and I started to be a little dizzy, shaky and hot, plus my breathing was a little heavy. I was definitely dehydrated since my entire body was covered in a layer of moisture. Sometimes under normal circumstances I might feel similar way after long and active sex, so I will be hoping that I will feel myself much better soon.

Advise to you: don't masturbate on this chemical. I was more successful with Mephedrone in the past trying to achieve an erection-less orgasm but I also smoked pot then and drunk beer, so it's hard to tell whether there's certain correlation. Better not to risk and have fun after comedown than loosing an hour worth of high and energy on something so pointless.

4:25 – I calmed down quit a bit. Feel nicer. For now I am going to relax and cool down, listening to music of course and drink a lot water to replenish the lost moisture and ease my dry mouth. Little mints, actually, really help giving something your mouth to do, providing a pleasant fresh taste. I advise before you try Methylone first time to have some laying around.

4:50 – My bpm is quite alright now at 100. In comparison I rarely had my bpm on Mephedrone lower than 120 using similar dosages... Hands are tingling and my head is tingling. I am trembling a little, but it's rather pleasant than not, more like an electric current versus sick uncontrollable shaking. I feel very concentrated if I am doing something such as typing and all I feel is a pleasant warm stimulation. However, as soon as I take a deep breath and lay back, relaxing, I start feel more of a subtle relaxing high that is much more euphoric if I focus my attention it. I realized that I want to make the pleasure last I should really stop running around and doing things but instead choose one good activity that leaves enough place in my mind for thinking, dreaming and self-observation. Such as smoking ;)

5:30 – I've written some poetry and relaxed. It was good. I still have a prevalent mood lift but “concentrating” on euphoria is becoming more difficult. I sweat quite a lot, my body is a furnace! I am going to wait for my girlfriend to come over and then do another 250 mg gel cap rectally. So far I don't have any desire to start re-dosing.

7:10 – I decided to go for another walk but now it's dark outside, so things look very different. I plugged 250 mg and went outside. I walked for 10 minutes and then started to experience a very strong come up, which, however, didn't feel dangerous. I wanted to fully come up in the coziness and warmth of my apartment, so I took a couple of shots with my camera to preserve the scenery and went back home.

7:27 – I feel like electricity is pulsing through my body, not constantly though but I get waves when the hair on my head feels like it's moving. Very interesting, can't wait for reaching the peak to see what's going to happen. 250 mg rectally is a pretty big dosage, especially taking into account the fast absorption.

8:13 – I feel a little wired, meditative. My heart beats at 120 bpm. Still euphoria but in comparison with the previous experience I have a little heavier load on my heart. I feel very introspective and don't have much desire to talk to anyone. I sat down and wrote a poem which my girlfriend really liked. It was an inspiration for a moment, I merely put onto the blank page how I felt and what I thought and it turned out to be one of my recent favorites. No editing or thinking, it just felt natural to write that down. I am debating what should I do with the remaining 250 mg. I am thinking to take it all tonight. What a hell. Get done with it and not order for the next few months. I am pretty bad at saving things for future so I just buy enough for a one time binge to stop for some time afterwards. Plus, I am sure that if I take that last portion some other time it would be very much wanted by me to re-dose at least for a second time but having no extra it would be just a teaser for me. I will mess up my system tonight and then heal (so far I don't feel that messed up at all) and take a brake from all of it for quite sometime.

8:40 – Getting jiggy with it, measured my bpm (around 100) and swallowed with water the last gel cap. The effects started to rise, this time not comfortable and not as euphoric. My body temperature started to fluctuate, I was very warm and then my girlfriend noticed that my fingers are very cold. Not good, means poor circulation.

10:00 – I guess I came up. I spend the last hour sketching abstracts on a piece of paper, playing guitar and singing (worked out very well, I could control my voice and intonation, stimulant properties also made my fingers go around much faster, yet not very precise down the neck of my guitar)I am back to warmth, my scalp feels tingly, I tremble quite more than before but still it's controllable and doesn't make me worry too much. I went outside to have a cigarette and I noticed that all the street lights had auras around them. If usually you see a light in the distance it looks like a blob or if you have a poor vision the light doesn't get very focussed and looks very fuzzy... In my case the streetlights were across the road and I could see them well (I have perfect vision) but then I felt that something isn't right. It wasn't foggy outside but everything seemed to give away a slight fog. Plus those lights had auras, as I mentioned previously, they looked like circles around the lights, very wide circles and they had colors of rainbow. They would be so wide that the edge of auras went around the poles up to the middle of their length. Definitely, if something like this starts to happen from a non-hallucinatory drug (some people report slight visual changes due to large doses of Methylone) then it's time to stop and take a step back. My guess is that the brains of mine are quite exhausted, plus Methylone serves as a reuptake inhibitor/releasing agent of serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine. Releasing all of that goodness for an entire afternoon can't be good. It's risky. That kind of thing can mess up your brains a little. I decided to come down in comfort under a blanket with good music, once the bpm is lowered I will roll a big thick joint and take a few gulps of whiskey. I hope that will help to fall asleep. I will be back to share my results. As of right now my breathing is not very even and my pupils are super dilated. My eyes look black. However, mentally I feel pretty sweet, high but not intoxicated, social but not overly so. The desire to move my tongue in my mouth really annoys me though. I went through so much gum and mints tonight, it's better to give my jaw muscles rest and mints are becoming a little too sweet for my liking. I wish I could be less stimulated and more calm like after the first dosage. In conclusion, really think hard about how much you want to do and don't overdo it. The odds are you won't die but the RC's nature is not known, so who knows what kind of complications can be caused over time including permanent health damage. Be careful, so.

11:00 – I am still coming down, sweat, tremble, heart beats fast but mood is still OK somehow. I was washing my nose with water and I realized that due to my chronic congestion a whole lot of the powder I inhaled hours ago is still there. There was no choice, I had to clean my nose and by an accident I got high again while taking a shower.

THE BIGGEST MISTAKE:

11:30 - I decided to relieve the edge by smoking marijuana, finally. The wine didn't help that much and I didn't dare to drink more (than two glasses) to avoid even further dehydration of my body. So I took about 3 medium hits. In about 5 minutes I started to notice even more fog, movement in the corner of my eyes. Needless to say I got stoned. On top of Methylone. On top of two glasses of wine. I still can't sleep and I would rather stay up. I am going to roll a legit joint and see what happens then... :D My girlfriend gave up and went to sleep realizing that my life is not in a severe danger (yeah, keep readin'). The absence of Methylone gave her some piece of mind. I took a shower and it slightly helped, especially the warm warm water down the constricted blood vessels of my body.

12:00 – For some weird reason while I was surfing web and listening to music around midnight I felt a strong rush almost like the first time. The same tingling in my hands and the same meditative state of mind. Exhausted and with even more visual glitches. For some reason I am in a good mood, I think those three hits really helped to elevate my mood and chill, but hits did add to a noticeable strain on my heart. It also became extremely hard for me to focus my vision on objects close to my face. Not unlike my pipe which is pretty short but usually I am able to see lighter's flame and distinguish visually between different pieces of herb tucked into the bawl, quite sharply. When I smoked my weed tonight I couldn't focus my vision enough in front of my face so all I saw was a bright spark of the flame. And I still sweat, really don't know what's the deal, seems that all I drink comes out through my skin right away. Not good.

12:45 – HOLY SHIT! I smoked that joint, more of a ¾ of a decent one (long roach= less weed). Soon after I just sat down in my chair, couldn't even straiten my back against the support, not moving and looking around myself. I was super stoned and super speedy.. After a long effort (can't tell how much time has passed while I was just sitting). I decided to measure my bpm. Then I started to freak out. Once I counted something like 150 bpm, once my heart seemed to skip. Once it felt like I had two small hearts beating right after each other. I thought: “don't freak out!” “You are still alive. If you can stand up, open the window and smoke that Newport you will live. At least for the night.” I am typing it pretty much real time, the whole report was written this way. I smoked ¾ of that damn Newport (¼ – is a harm reduction amount tonight, wish it could be the case with Methylone, haha). Sat back down. Managed to measure 136. Not the end of the world, probably shouldn't smoke as much (nicotine=vascular-constriction, baby!) for the rest of the night. I am not feeling sleepy and I honestly feel a very powerful Methylone rush (feels like my head is opened on top). I have two hypothesis: Methylone really does stay so long in the system and especially if the body was dehydrated, subsequent dosages may not have been dissolved completely; as soon as I started drinking a lot of water together with my wine I never went to use a toilet but tried to drink H2O like crazy! It must be kidneys and/or what Methylone does to them... Which is super bad. And my second hypothesis is that there's a unique action between weed and Methylone. Must have something to do with serotonin chemistry. So that during the calm down there are certain properties of serotonin re-uptake inhibitor/releaser functions of Methylone still remaining that become amplified when weed is smoked. There are plenty of horror stories on this matter but I never heard a good explanation. I am going to try to relax, drink more water and listen to music until 2 am and then I will try to fall asleep.

1:35 – It's pretty pretty trippy. My heart is steady at 120 bpm. I keep drinking water but nothing happens. It almost feels that with every single gulp of water I get higher and higher. Honestly, I am pretty scared because of possible health consequences. At this point I damn Methylone with its cowardly and deceiving nature. I wish this what I am going through now would never happen. I can't imagine how I am going to feel tomorrow. Curiosity killed the cat, old story.

5:00 – That's when I finally started to get something like sleep.. Until then I felt pretty wired, uncomfortably high and wrecked up in generally. I didn't develop a severe depression, just a severe lethargy. I didn't want to move, read, listen so I spent a lot of time just sitting and evaluating my condition. No doubt I overdramatized my condition but that's how I felt back then...

In conclusion. I will do 0 editing and leave it like it is. It was written under influence(s). But I still find it a valuable report. Remember, don't do more than 500 mg. That seemed to be the perfect dosage for me taking into account my weight, gender, metabolism rate, etc. Might not be the same for you but either way don't go above. As many noted the first dose and then a final re-dose will give you as much euphoria as Methylone can, everything else is an overkill and will result in a very shitty night and next day. I woke up barely having 4 hours of solid sleep and felt noticeably better than before I slept. I took vitamins, ate a banana and drunk a lot of water and milk. There's nothing else I can possibly eat, I still have 0 appetite. And I do feel very lethargic and withdrawn... It feels like if I start climbing stairs my heart will jump out from my throat. Not a good feeling at all.
My guess is that there's not much serotonin left and Methylone does have substantial amount of cardio toxicity to it (but what doesn't if you do a lot of it?) and it will take at least a couple of days and maybe up to a week to restore the chemical balance after having such a binge.
I decided to start taking SSRI Fluoxetine, stop smoking pot for good now and for sure stay away from stimulants. I got beaten over the head too many times by my experiences that uppers are devil's coffee that will bring you down eventually, no matter how pretty is the package.

Regarding the recent mention of snorted methylone... methylone just does not work nearly as well even with the same dose as oral dosing. Many things work better snorted, or at least stronger, but with methylone it is just purely a waste. The experience lasts the longest and has the most pleasurable effects orally... rectal admin is also good but it's shorter and the drug is already so short that I just use it orally when I use it.

Weed and alcohol seem to diminish the euphoria from Methylone a bit. Cigarettes are awesome. Nitrous Oxide (wait till after the M peak has arrived to avoid interfering in its development) is STUNNING. I find sex/masturbating is actually OK... during the come up I get so turned on... physical arousal can be somewhat impeded, but at some point that seems to reverse at least for me and I get super excited... Maybe all the nitrous and cigs help... I suppose the Cialis also helps, but I do fine even without that. Sex-boosting herbs or pills also help. But the long post above is right... moving around and activity seems really enhanced.. a walk on a nice day or eve is fantastical.

What about K and methylone? I never hear about that one but with how well it synergizes with MDXX, I'd imagine it would be a nice booster?

What's every ones opinion on using MDMA and Methylone together?

Not a good idea. Methylone works well on the comedown of MDMA but I would never mix the two - the crash would certainly be hell and you most likely will be so out of it on the peak that you will black out most of it.

Simply put, those who live to get high, will tell you that it's a fucking awesome combination that had them probably unable to walk, moaning in ecstasy for a good 2-4 hours if they dosed right.

Those more concerned with harm reduction, will tell you you're wasting perfectly good MDMA, that m1's safety profile isn't even established and it sure as fuck isn't established with MDMA in the mix. Most likely highly neurotoxic.

say i'm doing methylone solo in the late-day/evening (meditation, music, going for the therapeutic aspect of it). when coming down, would it work for me to drink and go out?

Heck yea. Should not be any issues. Have fun. (Hi TK... KT here. hehe that sounded funny!)

Not sure if I should put this here or start a new thread but I was wondering if anyone has developed severe RLS after methylone use? It could have been other drugs but methylone is the only one that I felt I overdid (~4g in 2 months). I haven't used it in several months and don't plan on starting again mainly because it destroyed my ability to recall names and dates for weeks.
Anyway, my RLS symptoms are very severe and started around the time I stopped using methylone although they were directly triggered by the antiemetic domperidone (which I have used before with no sides). I use pramipexole to treat it but use it for less than a week and stop until the symptoms show again. Comedown from (very low dose) MDPV or modafinil seem to consistently trigger it which sucks because I used to use them occasionally for work.
What is going on here? No one in my immediate family has RLS. Could this be because of damage to dopaminergic neurons?

This was posted in the 2C-I thread:

I was thinking of trying methylone for an MDMA like experience someday, however if 2C-I is trippy and more euphoric, it sounds like an easy choice. Do others share agreement of the quote?

Methylone in high doses is very close to MDMA. M1 and 2C-I are very different. I do feel "happy" and "giggly" on 2C-I but it's not the same type of happiness I feel on M1.

I'm experienced with both drugs. Here's what I think from my own experiences as well as the people I take them with.

2C-I: Puts you in a psychedelic mindset. It does act as an empathogen and makes you happy and talkative, but it feels like you're coming down on shrooms. It's a "wow, life is beautiful" feeling where everything you're looking at becomes interesting and deep.

Methylone: This hits me very hard. My normal dose is 300mg dissolved in water on an empty stomach preloaded with a pinch of 5-HTP. I take wellbutrin XL 150mg a day. I feel it's something everyone here should take. It eliminates the methylone crash and probably prolongs the effects quite a bit.

I feel the methylone within 10 mins and within 20 min I'm peaking. The peak can be overwhelming on the senses (especially auditory.) A very loud club that's crowded makes me almost nauseous during the peak. I feel VERY fucking good! but I want to sit down and take it all in. Just going into the bathroom to breathe and wash my face is enough to tone the intensity down.

Now on to the high itself. I wouldn't consider it a "trip" and it doesn't put you in a psychedelic mindset. I feel 100% normal but like all my inhibitions are gone. Zero anxiety. I walk out of the bathroom and literally talk to every single girl and guy that I see is standing/sitting alone. I'm smiling, I'm funny and charming, and I become "alpha as fuck." It gives me the social skills of a salesman, and I see people as being beautiful and I see my "purpose" is to communicate with them and make sure they're doing good as well. I don't like taking methylone alone or at home. It's great but definitely something you need to take in a club or lounge.*

* I don't normally go to clubs/raves/lounges. I only go on methylone. It lowers inhibitions and I become very physical, and it gives me energy to dance. I wouldn't think methylone is suitable in a more reserved and fancy setting, at least not in the dose I take and in the mindset I use methylone for.

Oh and Methylone has absolved my social anxiety even after it wore off. I negotiate prices when buying anything, I make talk with cashiers/workers/classmates, I can and do easily walk up to people around me to meet them, etc.

Methylone has been one of the most profound drugs I've ever taken. I've had E a lot of times but it has never gotten close to Methylone and the crash the next day wasn't worth it. I believe these weren't very pure/strong molly capsules though.

I respond very well to SSRIs. I don't take them, but when I do I feel like I'm on a low dose of methylone/E 24/7. I'm saying this because I may personally just respond well to any drug that increases serotonin.

We all take drugs for a reason. Maybe it's to self-medicate, maybe just for recreational, but either way, methylone, or rather, the way it makes me feels, is the feeling I've been searching for in the last 10 years of drug use. I trip so I can "learn" how to feel this way, and there's progress there, but nothing has been as significant a catalyst as methylone. I'm saying this to people who suffer from depression/anxiety and especially social anxiety.

Every time I take it and walk around looking at girls/guys who seem anxious and depressed, I become infuriated that psychiatry/psychology aren't utilizing these chemicals for the good of the people. It really does help, and not just when you're on it.

I hated methylone at first because I only insufflated it. That's a waste IMO. I get speedy and agitated, and it feels very neuro toxic to me. An oral dose hits very fast so I have no reason to insufflate.

Methylone is not neurotoxic but to avoid losing the magic I would not dose more than once a week with maybe a 2-3 month in between every couple of weeks.

Not sure if I should put this here or start a new thread but I was wondering if anyone has developed severe RLS after methylone use? It could have been other drugs but methylone is the only one that I felt I overdid (~4g in 2 months). I haven't used it in several months and don't plan on starting again mainly because it destroyed my ability to recall names and dates for weeks.
Anyway, my RLS symptoms are very severe and started around the time I stopped using methylone although they were directly triggered by the antiemetic domperidone (which I have used before with no sides). I use pramipexole to treat it but use it for less than a week and stop until the symptoms show again. Comedown from (very low dose) MDPV or modafinil seem to consistently trigger it which sucks because I used to use them occasionally for work.
What is going on here? No one in my immediate family has RLS. Could this be because of damage to dopaminergic neurons?

What you're talking about is serious. What damage do you think is being done? Methylone does not cause much damage other than oxidation, at least from what I've read. Always take vitamins and antioxidants.

I don't get RLS but I do feel physically weak and sore like I've been at the gym. I also get muscle spams. Usually my eye will twitch or my lip, or my hand or leg. It's not a visually noticeably twitch. It goes away after 10-30 hours. It also starts about 1 full day after I take the methylone.

It also really fucks up my jaw. I talk nonstop and smile when I'm quiet. I also tend to clench my teeth if I'm not paying attention, or I obsessively kiss or chew gum long enough to make my mouth sore. But I noticed that it may just be due to weak muscles in my face which strengthen the more I use them (the more I take methylone.) The first 2-3 times my jaw was sore for a few days after. Now It's only sore for a day at most and it's not unbearable.

If you guys plan on redosing constantly. I suggest taking a SMALL dose of a short acting SSRI when you're coming down on methylone. This will help keep your serotonin levels pretty balanced until your next dose (i.e., if you plan on taking methylone over an entire weekend.)

DANGER: I'm talking about as low as 5mg zoloft. If you go too high and dose M1 too early, you may get close to inducing serotonin syndrome. I take 5-HTP 1 hour before M1 but I don't know if it really does anything.

If you guys plan on redosing constantly. I suggest taking a SMALL dose of a short acting SSRI when you're coming down on methylone. This will help keep your serotonin levels pretty balanced until your next dose (i.e., if you plan on taking methylone over an entire weekend.)

DANGER: I'm talking about as low as 5mg zoloft. If you go too high and dose M1 too early, you may get close to inducing serotonin syndrome. I take 5-HTP 1 hour before M1 but I don't know if it really does anything.

If bk-MDMA utilizes the same mechanism of action, an SSRI would help eliminate or reduce the serotonergic effects. You did say short acting, so you may be hinting at this.

Also, because it is a phenethlyamine, it does have contraindications with SSRIs.
Even though:

Wikipedia said:
In vitro, methylone has one third the potency of MDMA at inhibiting platelet serotonin accumulation and about the same in its inhibiting effects on the dopamine and noradrenaline transporters.

I would still say that taking an SSRI with bk-MDMA is a bad idea and should not even be discussed for fear of disinformation, one thing leading to another, and someone downing a couple bars with their Methylone.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. It just seems too iffy for what little we know of it.

Oh and Methylone has absolved my social anxiety even after it wore off. I negotiate prices when buying anything, I make talk with cashiers/workers/classmates, I can and do easily walk up to people around me to meet them, etc.

[...] I trip so I can "learn" how to feel this way, and there's progress there, but nothing has been as significant a catalyst as methylone. I'm saying this to people who suffer from depression/anxiety and especially social anxiety.

I think you're right. This came up in a recent thread btw.:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=8932276&postcount=10

Methylone is not neurotoxic but to avoid losing the magic I would not dose more than once a week with maybe a 2-3 month in between every couple of weeks.

Completely untrue. Methylone should theoretically be about as neurotoxic as MDMA.

I don't get how an SSRI will help after M1 has worn off. If taken before or during M1 yeah it should dramatically reduce its effects by competing for SERT binding (SSRI's have better affinity). The damage in terms of transcriptional changes and tryptophan hydroxylase inhibition has already been made by methylone and SSRI's will not fix that. As methylone causes SERT endocytosis, taking SSRI's after M1 might reduce the immediate crash by allowing some serotonin to remain in the synapse after M1 has depleted most of it but in the long run this will cause more inhibition of typ hydroxylase and lowered serotonin production after your binge.

What you're talking about is serious. What damage do you think is being done? Methylone does not cause much damage other than oxidation, at least from what I've read. Always take vitamins and antioxidants..

Damage or transcription level chages to dopaminergic neurons. I really don't know though. I can't point my finger to any other drug and its sudden and severe onset after methylone use worries me. Maybe its something that would have happened regardless but methylone use just speed up the process. Also, methylone does a lot more damage than "oxidation". Just like MDMA it is not a drug that you want to take with any frequency if you care about your mental well being.

Status
Not open for further replies.