View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy bk-MDMA (Methylone) Thread - Redosed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here know of any interactions between Venlafaxine (Effexor) and Methylone? SWIM received methylone and experienced NOTHING, no effects what so ever. SWIM is currently on Effexor XR 225 and thinks there is a mechanism in effexor that blocks the effects of methylone.

Anyone know of a similar experience?

Effexor is an SSRI, right? Those pretty much seem to block the effects of ALL psychedelic & empathogenic compounds. Either quit that for a few weeks (probably NOT a great idea) or sell/give away/stash away the Methylone because its just going to go to waste.

I dont know the mechanism for the trip-block. As we really dont understand exactly how/why these psychs/empaths cause THEIR effects, there's absolutely NO way to say how/why SSRI's block them, but the do, no question. Search and read about it. Plus I tried numerous psychedelics when I was on SSRIs for about 6 months many years ago, and like you got zero, zilch, nada.

To be honest, that, along with the severely sex-dampening effects was a BIG motivator to me to hurry up and get over depression and get OFF the damn things. Actually I switched to Bupropion for the majority of that duration, and it was nearly as bad for sex (for me anyway, despite what they say), and also blocked psychedelics (I could feel them a LITTLE on the B., but not much.)

BTW, ElectroChemical, we don't SWIM here on BL. There's no evidence that it gives you any legal protection and it makes posts hard to read.

Effexor is an SSRI, right?
venlafaxine is a SNRI, actually, but that doesn't make that much of a difference.

I dont know the mechanism for the trip-block. As we really dont understand exactly how/why these psychs/empaths cause THEIR effects, there's absolutely NO way to say how/why SSRI's block them, but the do, no question.
entactogens and SSRIs both act on the serotonin back transporter. entactogens revert them, leading to strong serotonin release, while SSRIs just block them, causing serotonin reuptake inhibition. the binding of SSRIs to the serotonin transporter is much stronger than those of the entactogens, so they compete for the same binding site, and the SSRIs win.

in my experience, serotonin reuptake inhibitors don't influence the activity of psychedelics (serotonin receptor agonists) that much. I only experience a small damping of effects of psychedelics trough SSRIs.

Has anyone else found re-dosing methylone the next day greatly reduces the high? Ive never had that problem with MDMA but if I take methylone two days in a row, the effects are almost purely stimulant with not much euphoria at all.

Methylone and losing the 'magic'

In comparison to how the 'magic' can be lost on MD** and in the case of some apparently never to return, even after breaks of years. What is the general opinion on how this transfers over to methylone? Do people who appeared to have lost the 'magic' associated with methylone find it can be regained again or could the same losing of the magic as with MD** also apply here?

quick question about dosing:
i'm getting my 1g of methylone soon, but won't have my .001g scale until possibly a couple weeks later, leaving me for now only with my .1g scale. i could just wait till the scale arrives, but on the other hand i'm dying to try this one out (mostly to test out its therapeutic value). is there way to get a relatively accurate gauge on on the dosing using my .1g scale, or should i just wait?

csrpj-

Well... you should wait for your better scale...but I know that in your position I would totally use the .1 scale. Maybe use the .1 scale to make sure your total quantity is accurate-ish and make a liquid solution? I may be talking out of my ass because idk what bk-MDMAs solubility is like at all in any liquid...

Has anyone else found re-dosing methylone the next day greatly reduces the high? Ive never had that problem with MDMA but if I take methylone two days in a row, the effects are almost purely stimulant with not much euphoria at all.

For me, the short term tolerance is pretty high but goes away fairly quickly. Two days in a row usually worked more or less like it did for you. There was a period of a couple months that I was doing 300mg initial doses and 200mg boosters once a week and never noticed a significant tolerance.

For the record, I now consider this an excessive dose and mostly work in the 200/100 range and find that it works just as well.

csrpj-

Well... you should wait for your better scale...but I know that in your position I would totally use the .1 scale. Maybe use the .1 scale to make sure your total quantity is accurate-ish and make a liquid solution? I may be talking out of my ass because idk what bk-MDMAs solubility is like at all in any liquid...

Methylone is soluble in water. That was the way I took it after the failed snorting experiment until I broke down and started gelcapping it. The taste is pretty foul but you can cover it up (some) by mixing it with sports drink.

I've never dosed methylone two days in a row, but had greatly reduced effects from doing MDMA two days in a row. Pretty much any empathogen, or psychedelic for that matter, isn't going to work that well without some time between doses, usually at least a week or two.

I've never dosed methylone two days in a row, but had greatly reduced effects from doing MDMA two days in a row. Pretty much any empathogen, or psychedelic for that matter, isn't going to work that well without some time between doses, usually at least a week or two.

Too true! The only empathogen I've used where I still get full euphoria and entactogen feelings using in consecutive days is Mephedrone.

Researching this over the weekend, my acquaintance and I have this to say:

150mg parachute.

+45 minutes feeling great. Waves of soft euphoria and empathetic effects were felt. Gurning had begun. We decided to extend with another 150mg parachute.

+5 hours pretty much baseline, still gurning a bit, but thoroughly enjoyed this chemical. Our relationship took another step forward as we were able to say whatever(sometimes too much) we wanted with zero inhibition.
We had plenty of the night left over, and we decided to take another small dose and have some extendo sex. The feeling of redosing was brought up with hesitation and not much desire, but we both thought it would be an excellent idea for sex.

Here, I guess, is where I got stupid. While weighing out two 50mg doses, I decided it would be a great idea to drop 10mg of 2C-D into each dose. Thinking this would help potentiate it and add a hint of psychedelia to the experience. In one swoop we insufflate. About 3-5 minutes later, my lady begins to feel nausea, as do I. Without warning, she begins to vomit small amounts. I begin to do the same. We both felt our bodies were confused (I felt I had to shit, then pee, throwup, etc, without needing to). My skin flushed green, but I did not panic. I'm glad I have experience (as does my girl) enough to not take the trip into horrible territory based on the situation at hand.
We lay around in the bathroom after the puking subsided and talked more (I think the 2C-D allowed her to open more than earlier) and looking at our paisley/flowery wallpaper produced wonderful visuals. I couldn't stare at them too long or I would begin to get nausea, but I will say they are some of the best visuals I have gotten(I am not one to get open eyed visuals--usually just lovely closed eye geometrical flowings).
2 hours of bathroom time later, we went into the bedroom and baselined an hour later. Sleep came easy for me but not so much for her.

I wonder if someone could tell me why we both reacted to the 2C-D this way. I'm kind of stunned, as Any_Major_Dude will tell you that his experiments have turned out successful (though consumed orally and at the beginning/redose period). Only thing I can figure is we "came up" too quick.

csrpj-

Methylone is SUPER soluble in water... I once fit 275-300mg into I think 3mL of tepid water.

And the great thing about it being so soluble is you can get loads into 1ML syringe.

Researching this over the weekend, my acquaintance and I have this to say:

150mg parachute.

+45 minutes feeling great. Waves of soft euphoria and empathetic effects were felt. Gurning had begun. We decided to extend with another 150mg parachute.

+5 hours pretty much baseline, still gurning a bit, but thoroughly enjoyed this chemical. Our relationship took another step forward as we were able to say whatever(sometimes too much) we wanted with zero inhibition.
We had plenty of the night left over, and we decided to take another small dose and have some extendo sex. The feeling of redosing was brought up with hesitation and not much desire, but we both thought it would be an excellent idea for sex.

Here, I guess, is where I got stupid. While weighing out two 50mg doses, I decided it would be a great idea to drop 10mg of 2C-D into each dose. Thinking this would help potentiate it and add a hint of psychedelia to the experience. In one swoop we insufflate. About 3-5 minutes later, my lady begins to feel nausea, as do I. Without warning, she begins to vomit small amounts. I begin to do the same. We both felt our bodies were confused (I felt I had to shit, then pee, throwup, etc, without needing to). My skin flushed green, but I did not panic. I'm glad I have experience (as does my girl) enough to not take the trip into horrible territory based on the situation at hand.
We lay around in the bathroom after the puking subsided and talked more (I think the 2C-D allowed her to open more than earlier) and looking at our paisley/flowery wallpaper produced wonderful visuals. I couldn't stare at them too long or I would begin to get nausea, but I will say they are some of the best visuals I have gotten(I am not one to get open eyed visuals--usually just lovely closed eye geometrical flowings).
2 hours of bathroom time later, we went into the bedroom and baselined an hour later. Sleep came easy for me but not so much for her.

I wonder if someone could tell me why we both reacted to the 2C-D this way. I'm kind of stunned, as Any_Major_Dude will tell you that his experiments have turned out successful (though consumed orally and at the beginning/redose period). Only thing I can figure is we "came up" too quick.

that does seem a bit strange. I've never insufflated methylone, & the only time i've insufflated 2c-d was in 2003 i think. I have vomited after insufflating 2c-c, but it was more a result of the intense pain & disgusting drip than the effects of the drug. When combining 2c-d & M1 orally i've gotten a bit of nausea, & at least one of my friends has vomited, but only briefly during the comeup. Sorry that didn't go as planned for you guys. YMMV i suppose

Sorry that didn't go as planned for you guys. YMMV i suppose

Not your fault!
In the past I have attempted 10-15mg of 2C-D insufflated and it seemed to have analgesic effects after a couple of seconds of sting.
I'm going to contribute the puking to coming up way too quick. The green/yellowish flush to my skin was interesting. I made the offhand comment while staring in the mirror that it looked as though I had Jaundice. I hope someone comes along with a theory of how this could happen.

All in all, I highly recommend it.

Well good luck, but I dont see how you can expect any explanation via a vague verbal description.

Without a physical examination and tests/measurements of various physical parameters (blood pressure, extensive blood chemistry tests, etc) actually taken DURING the "green" incident, tests on the chemicals to see a full account of any trace adulterants, any "diagnosis" is of course going to be 100% pure guessing. I don't see how that could have any value to you.

The most you are going to be able to get I think will be a generalized guess of "Queasiness from coming up too much too fast." I have gotten that myself from methylone by itself. But once vomit was over I was fine. I think that's nothing to worry over, just a very common automatic "purge of toxins" reaction by the body to many too-rapid-and-unexpected change-of-state events... I think that is just some generally over-protective program, as the limbic system decides "WTF? This should NOT be happening, emergency PURGE just in case we were poisoned" Animals that had that impulse built in probably tend to live longer, hence that program survived evolution, and its in us now.

So far as the green, I know of NO mechanism that could cause the skin/blood to turn green. BLUE from lack of oxygen yes, but GREEN is always an optical illusion/impression only. Blue skin can be caused by vasoconstriction. Which can be triggered by various stimulants. Combination of Methylone with ANY 2C drug, which are all phenethylamines and this very strong stimulants in and of themselves poses a HIGH risk of a synergistic reaction, strengthening the effect many times over the individual doses by themselves. So maybe you were really turning BLUE from excess stimulant trigger vasoconstriction, and in your psychedelic state the blue just APPEARED green. You state you were having visual hallucinatory effects, so how do you REALLY know you were turning green and it was not just another visual distortion???

Actually maybe the drugs triggered some huge release of BILE into the bloodstream? Can that happen? But that seems unlikely. Especially since it went away quickly I suggest halllucinatory color distortion. Even if your liver turned off due to the drugs...no... jaundice from hepatitis does NOT happen and go away so quickly... it takes a period of days.

Also MANY MANY sources on the net have been advising for YEARS now to **NOT** snort 2C drugs due to excessively rapid effects and cardiovascular instability. DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

And methylone is well known to NOT work well or have disadvantages being snorted.

WHY DO PEOPLE INSIST ON STUFFING EVERYTHING UP THEIR NOSES? I really wish people would get over this horrible pointless dangerous silly bad habit of snorting everything.

Well that's my 2 cents guessing and warnings for the general public. Please don't take any offense at my tone, just being emphatic that's all... I am glad things worked out in the end for you and you found the experience useful. Thanks for posting about it... all honest accounts add to our collective knowledge base, so good job with all the specifics. <3

Last edited:
WHY DO PEOPLE INSIST ON STUFFING EVERYTHING UP THEIR NOSES? I really wish people would get over this horrible pointless dangerous silly bad habit of snorting everything.

I apologize for coming off as ignorant. I like to think I do a bit more research than the layman. I have honestly never seen the warning of insufflated 2Cs. I am only aware of dose parameters and potential harm with MAOIs.
Also, I don't insist on stuffing everything up my nose. I actually do not enjoy it and this was only my 3rd time in life of insufflation.

And I do understand that I will not get a 100% correct diagnosis. I should clarify and say that I wish to know of a condition that causes a flushed green tint to the skin.

So maybe you were really turning BLUE from excess stimulant trigger vasoconstriction, and in your psychedelic state the blue just APPEARED green. You state you were having visual hallucinatory effects, so how do you REALLY know you were turning green and it was not just another visual distortion???

Because my girlfriend looked up at me after I asked her if she was doing alright and said "ARE YOU OK?? You have a green tint to your skin!". I looked in the mirror and told her it looked like Jaundice to me to which she replied "No, It is definitely more green than yellow". She is an RN and understands these pretty simple concepts. I am positive these were not visual hallucinatory effects. I kept an eye on my skin tone as it diminished (which was in parallel with nausea).
Sadly, I didn't take my actual heart rate; I did put my hand on my chest and noticed increased heart rate though. Palms were sweaty, cold chills (no hot flashes, and general discomfort.)
I know this isn't enough for anything more than "you were retarded, don't do that again". I shouldn't have even voiced my hope that someone would have that tasty bit of knowledge.

Well that's my 2 cents guessing and warnings for the general public. Please don't take any offense at my tone, just being emphatic that's all... I am glad things worked out in the end for you and you found the experience useful. Thanks for posting about it... all honest accounts add to our collective knowledge base, so good job with all the specifics.

I do hope my experience will stop someone in the future. I didn't take offense, as it was deserving.

probably just regurgitation jaundice. Happens fairly often. I've gotten jaundice on one occasion, back in high school i was about to vomit from too much booze & soma & turned quite yellow, sometimes it causes people to have a greenish hue as well though. Believe it has something to do with bile pigment getting into the bloodstream.

Status
Not open for further replies.