• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth-Induced Psychosis and Paranoia

N

Not sure

Hi everyone.

Since September I have made the mistake in overdoing it with meth. I live with my friend in an apartment and I basically binged for 2 days. I got into a crazy paranoid state, hearing voices, thinking everyone in the apartment knew what I did, and they were out to get me and ruin my life. This happened twice. Yes, I didn't learn my lesson the first time. The thing is, after the 2nd time, it feels like I really haven't "come back" or "recovered." Smoking weed when I'm at the apartment fucks my head up real good. I get paranoid and high levels of anxiety - even off of less than 0.1g. However, this only happens here. When I'm at home and I smoke weed, everything is fine. Also, even when I'm not stoned, if I'm coming back from my parents house to stay at the apartment, the closer I get to it, the more tense, anxious, and paranoid I become. It really takes a toll on me. It gets so bad that even going out on the balcony to smoke a cigarette is hard. I feel like I'm constantly being watched or talked about. And I'm just waiting for something bad to happen.

I was wondering if anyone experienced with something like this could give any advice. I'm starting to think that I have like, "environment related problems," with the environment being my apartment - since that is where I've freaked out twice. Has this happened to anyone else? What measures did you take to overcome it? I also have an anxiety disorder, which definitely doesn't help the problem. But even when I'm on my clonazepam, the feeling doesn't go away once I get close in proximity to my apartment. I don't know how I can live like this for the remainder of the school year.

I've washed my hands with speed. So I'm not touching it again.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

Apologies for the delay in getting this ANON post approved.

Moving ANON to BDD

Hi everyone.

Since September I have made the mistake in overdoing it with meth. I live with my friend in an apartment and I basically binged for 2 days. I got into a crazy paranoid state, hearing voices, thinking everyone in the apartment knew what I did, and they were out to get me and ruin my life. This happened twice. Yes, I didn't learn my lesson the first time. The thing is, after the 2nd time, it feels like I really haven't "come back" or "recovered." Smoking weed when I'm at the apartment fucks my head up real good. I get paranoid and high levels of anxiety - even off of less than 0.1g. However, this only happens here. When I'm at home and I smoke weed, everything is fine. Also, even when I'm not stoned, if I'm coming back from my parents house to stay at the apartment, the closer I get to it, the more tense, anxious, and paranoid I become. It really takes a toll on me. It gets so bad that even going out on the balcony to smoke a cigarette is hard. I feel like I'm constantly being watched or talked about. And I'm just waiting for something bad to happen.

I was wondering if anyone experienced with something like this could give any advice. I'm starting to think that I have like, "environment related problems," with the environment being my apartment - since that is where I've freaked out twice. Has this happened to anyone else? What measures did you take to overcome it? I also have an anxiety disorder, which definitely doesn't help the problem. But even when I'm on my clonazepam, the feeling doesn't go away once I get close in proximity to my apartment. I don't know how I can live like this for the remainder of the school year.

Thank you

That is absolutely normal with meth. Someone has it after first use, someone after months. The earlier you get it, the better for you.
I can't express, what paranoia I have experienced and how it was. Nobody who has not experienced it can't understand. Everybody knows all the deepest personal things what you never told to anyone and everybody (including best friends) is abusing that information to make a hell of your life.

One advice - stop using it (I did), take some rest and when your brain clears up, find some better toys. Do not use any that are bringing it back. It might take a while, but calm down, it will go away.

Last edited:
Very much so.
When I'm doing speed at I'm alone at my house at night it is the worst. The first night is okay but the third and fourth suck. When I'm with other people SOMEWHERE else other than where my mom can hear me, I feel much better. Just learn from your mistake and make sure the situation is one that is comfortable to you next time you use.

That is NOT meth psychosis. It is your brain telling you that you are in a bad situation and need to be elsewhere. Listen to it.

i dont know you but if your anything as bad as you sound, stop it and get help. if you only knew my dad and what doing meth in his younger days has done to him now. he's a paranoid schizophrenic and if he wasnt in the other room id swear this was him typing this. it's ruined his life, he lost his $75/hr job years ago and became so paranoid he thinks not only my family - but the government is out to get him. he's on oxycontin and xanax for his back problems and anxiety and he'll misplace things and swear up and down someone took it. he forgets everything we tell him and he constantly thinks were talking shit about him and he thinks so much into it you cant even talk to him bc he's always trying to figure out our 'motives'. man for fucks sake ANYONE THAT FEELS THIS WAY about any drug please stop, not only for you but for your friends and family/future family. a high just isnt worth this

getting super paranoid on meth

okay well just let me say that its pretty common. Your body is pumping huge amounts of adrenaline into your body. So the adrenaline puts you into a super sensitive hyper state. Its not in your control anymore. You cant control all that adrenaline. I used to smoke it and get super duper paranoid. Hearing voices. Seeing people. Thinking everybody was watching me. Thinking people were trying to kill me. Called the cops on myself. And this is just one episode. Everytime I use i have the same experience. Even if i dont use for a year. Ill use it once and go ape shit. Straight to the mental hospital. you might be able to counter the adrenaline and panic attack with some type of medications. I dont know. Its such a horrible fucking experience. And afterwards you still feel like it was real. Know that its not. And also if you use, use with someone else. Dont do it by yourself. Thats the worse.

Its totally normal. My ex husband would over do it with meth he got paranoid to the point he would use our baby video monitor as a survalence camera around the house.

Its a bad drug but you should start to feel normal again the longer you are off it.

There's something else going on here. I've done a lot of meth, and while while it doesn't make me especially paranoid I've seen many people it does. It goes away when they get some sleep.. Weed can also make people paranoid of course. But the OP is getting paranoid when he's at a place even with no drugs except klonopin. That's not normal. Either there is some sort of mental health issue or something about that place is setting off alarm bells. I learned to listen to my gut on feelings like that.

Hi everyone.

Thank you

It doesnt sound like meth psycosis when you are going back to your apartment & getting those thoughts only there. This is like a super natural thing, very weird. Meth can cause schizophrenia if over done. I sugeest not smoking weed because that can trigger past effects of certain drugs taken.

I use to get lsd flashbacks when I smoke weed months after dosing so I can see why you get the thoughts & anxiety when smoking weed.

I can't step outside my house more than maybe once a month -.-
Marijuana is the main cause, speed is the catalyst, and all the other drugs
are there because I don't have enough benzos to cure the feeling and I hate Seroquel. Stop using weed it's the worst drug in the world for you and stop using the lighter ones too. Things may not get better, but they probably will.

I've seen loved ones have full psychotic episodes, getting ready to go to work at 3am on a sunday morning (work M-F, 9-5), think the papparazi are outside, think i'm an undercover cop... madness!! Her loving boyfriend/dealer/deadbeat's soloution, give her another shot of course!! Tragic to watch a train wreck infront of you and not be able to stop it.
Last i knew she was a lady of the night to help pay for hers & the pimp/bf's habit!

Me and my friend would shoot meth and be up for days at a time i wouldnt eat for weeks maybe an ocassional bag of chips or something she would take xanax and smoke pot though so she ate. But i noticed after a couple weeks her paranoia would stay with her even when we werent on it. Now she always thinks that im plotting something against her or that im talking about her shes vietnamese im hispanic so i speak spanish to my bf and shes asking every 5 minutes are yall talking about me? do yall want me to leave? she also thinks therez bugs everywhere now... and when shes actually high shell go and sit in the closet in my other bedroom cause she says were looking at her funny shell also sit in my livingroom and look out my glass doors into my patio which is on the 2nd floor and say someone is climbing up my patio its pretty funny but when you cant convinve them its not real anymore it just gets sad.. i stopped doing it because one bad trip i had where me and my bf were up for about our 4th day and we started seeing bugs all over my apt like they were literally crawling amd flyinh amd jumping all around us i called my apartments office and told them what i supposedly saw (so embarassing now) so they wpuld send the bug mam to spray packed pur clothes and went to my parents house and continued getting high in garage bedroom and continued to see bugs on that bed and we thought we brought them on our clothes Nd they were mulyiplying like crazy suddenly bugs were under my skin got a blade started cytting into my skin to get em out and in my eyes i was really pulling out bugs luckily i didnt hurt myself to bad just a few cuts after i calmed down a bit ran out of meth then just up at parents house looking out window thinking my parents or sister was outsixde listening to my conversation iand seen a masked man outside which i made the mistake of mentioning to my parents they knew i was on something once i said that.. worse drug i sould say is meth its too addictive or for me it was no matter how long im off it my thoughts always go back to it..

Stop doing meth and you should be fine, it's really not a 'worth it drug'

In my opinion, which is something you kind of touched on, is something called Environmental Tolerance. When you're at home with familiar surroundings, sounds and cues. your body gets ready ahead of time before you dose. When you're not in a familiar environment, your brain no longer has those familiar cues to tell it to get ready, hence getting into a state of almost a technical overdose.

But like everyone else is saying, that drug is no good, don't learn to adapt to the psychosis...use it as a reason to get off.

Completely, this is exactly why I do the antipsychotic Lurasidone whenever I'm up 24+ hours on amphetamines. Recently did 61 hours with it and had no psychosis to speak of.

personally straight up be an ex meth addict, of smoking it.

i went crazy crazy. short story but.. first of all this is my personal opinion, it's the people you're around, previously before you started doing the meth, if you thought they were the kind to talk shit about you, talk behind your back whatever, if you're worried on the way you are how you act the way you present yourself around them. it's absolutely ridiculous to smoke meth and stay up a few days with them in your presence. and this is what i reckon makes the phyco come in. if you have the issues with the people i just stated. i puffed around these people that i just tried to please, and i full thought they were calling me various rude names, they weren't saying anything at all, then i puffed around a different group of people i had no problems with and i never "heard or see" them say anything.