View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

whomp whomp on lsd

drexen16

Greenlighter
Ok. so a couple months ago I doses 15 hits and I started hearing this whom whom vibrating sound. im tryimg to figure out if anyone else has experienced this before on high doses of LSD.

On that large a dose I would think just about any sensory hallucination was possible. Impossible to say what "caused it". Here hows this: some process in your nervous system that uses a frequency-based sampling loop to monitor some organ in the body or communicate to another sub-circuit in the brain, suddenly, due to that huge amount of LSD you took, was being inappropriately connected to and "read" as a sound signal by your auditory processing system.

As likely as any other explanation (and now that I think about it, a pretty damn good hypothesis).

Unless you'd prefer to think it was aliens trying to connect with you. If so, next time wear a metal helmet for your entire trip. And that will make a pretty picture for when they cart you away to the funny farm, haha, just joshing.

Last edited:
i got this the other night, a lot of times. freaked me out a bit at first.
turns out i was tensing the muscles in and around my temples and ears, and fucking with the blood pressure in my ears.

intense stuff.

Some cultures/traditions might suggest you were hearing the sound of the All Encompassing Everything, or OM.

yea seattle that's exactly it

It wasn't scary or anything but it was just weird. I had that going on for 3 days straight of myself figuring out how to play music with my mind. for instance I would hear the whom whom the I would think of my favorite dubstep song Sierra Leone - Mt Eden and then I would suddenly be listening to that song with no music devices around it was crazy and what was crazier than that was the the people I was around could hear it because they were all rolling balls.

the people I was around could hear it because they were all rolling balls.

I know you're enjoying making shit up and seeing how people on the silly internet react, cause that's what goofy 16 year olds do.... but be careful not to accidentally tell these stories to anyone in the real world or they will lock you away in the mental institution in a straight jacket... not much fun.

i shit you not

When I was around my friends rolling they said that they could here sierra Leone playing. I was dancing like a crazy man on ecstasy and acid. But I wouldnt lie about something that was possibly.the.coolest psyche moment I've ever had.

Last edited:
And for the record. I made this.username when I was 16 and have.kept it ever since. I'm 19 now BTW

I hope your musical tastes have matured along with your age. Mt eden is terrible

Anybody ever heard the tv on the radio song "heroic dose"? Lol the first time I listened to it I felt as though they must have been in my head when I ate my first big dose of LSD (8 hits). I've heard it on lower doses too.

If you made your username when you were 16 and your 19 now, why does it say your join date was this past September? somehow the math doesn't add up, unless im severely confused..

I think when your tripping/rolling with a group of people, its alot easier to get some sort of "groupthink" effect, do not underestimate the power of crowds to seriously distort perception. So, they whether they actually heard the music is kinda irrelevant to me, what it more interesting is that they perceived (unless they were just fucking with you) something that only you were perceiving. Lol or somebody left the music on and you collectively didn't notice

I have been using the username for more than just bluelight. It is possible to do that believe it or not.

Lol I was just kinda yanking your chain a little, were all friends here :)

that said, the "whomp whomp" sound often reminds me of what I hear on nitrous, is it similar to that?

When I was around my friends rolling they said that they could here sierra Leone playing. I was dancing like a crazy man on ecstasy and acid. But I wouldnt lie about something that was possibly.the.coolest psyche moment I've ever had.

Sorry if I seemed rude... just a little "challenge" to gauge how you reacted ;)

I have had what seemed like incontrovertible episodes of what could only be called telepathy, not to mention EXTREMELY unlikely synchronicity while on psychedelics. Also contact with the dead. A very close friend and I once did a stiff dose of 3g of dried shrooms a couple weeks after my partner of 20 years passed away rather suddenly due to AIDS-related illness... we had a Sarah Brightman DVD on the TV, and during the ancient and essentially mystical song Scarbourough Fair we both felt this REALLY intense sense of his presence in the room like a thick mental sentient fog... the cats were both acting REALLY weird and freaked during this time as well... cowering on the floor, ears back, looking up and around frantically, back hair bristling. Thing is we didn't mention this undeniable and palpable feeling of a paranormal presence in the room to each other till weeks later, and confirmed we both felt exactly the same way (note - it's a devastatingly touching rendition of that song... and later upon looking up its origins found that it goes back to possibly as early as then1400s... and is believed to be a metaphor about people's feelings after loosing loved ones to plague and such.... that gave me a chill when I read that... and also alot of reassuring feelings about "this" really not being "all there is" to our being.)

Soooo, anyway, I am not averse to ideas of paranormal experience on psychedelics... but having other NON-tripping people in the room able to hear your thoughs, I dunno. Well who knows, perhaps there really is some form of projective telepathy imminent within us that the drug triggered in you. Ummm... BE CAREFUL! :D Namaste!

NAMASTE-5.gif

(NOTE - This is a graphic they used to play at peak psychedelic moments of Dead shows.... it has a VERY intense and nearly paranormal effect when viewed tripping... try it! btw, it's spelling out the letters in Sanskrit for the word "Namaste")

HaHa... cool! Save it locally and display it in some viewer that lets you show it full screen in a darkened room... WHOA!

Oh, and Bon Voyage!!! <waves huge tie-dyed handkerchief overhead from the dock as you pull away, out to sea>

Last edited:
Yea. It's exactly like the whomp on nitrous. It was really cool to just sit listening to it. And it made me crack up like crazy.

^ "the whomp on nitrous" WTF?!

I still have absolutely NO idea what you people are going on about. I've done tons of Nitrous and never felt anything close to what I would call a "whomp". Nor on acid nor on shrooms. I guess I'll just forget it and write it off as some bizarro thing I am not susceptible to, thank goodness.

Learn to enjoy it or stop doing the drug is all I can suggest.

Last edited:
It wasn't scary or anything but it was just weird. I had that going on for 3 days straight of myself figuring out how to play music with my mind. for instance I would hear the whom whom the I would think of my favorite dubstep song Sierra Leone - Mt Eden and then I would suddenly be listening to that song with no music devices around it was crazy and what was crazier than that was the the people I was around could hear it because they were all rolling balls.

I have had that feeling many times after doing Lucy and being at a club or rave, then going home and hearing music and songs in my mind as if they were playing in my room, then by tensing or moving certain muscles / body parts I could change the effects on the music or change up the music, super fun.