PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nitrous Oxide from a Whipped Cream Can?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metropolisforever

Bluelighter
Can someone tell me how to get nitrous oxide from a whipped cream can?

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand it. I'm NOT stupid.

Thank you.

it doesn't come from a can, it comes from cartridges used with non-disposable whipped cream dispensers used in catering. The cartridges are sometimes called whippets. Actually the compressed gas disposable cans DO contain nitrous but it's not the usual source.

-461404200340080.jpg

if you don't know how, i'd suggest not doing it (troll...?)

whether you are or not, hold the can upright and inhale (from a grocery store one not a highly pressurized one)

Just hold it upright and hold down the nozzle as if to release whipped cream. Most of the gas that comes out is nitrous. It's a really expensive way to get a really small dose of nitrous, though - an entire can of whipped cream might net you barely a lungful for a couple bucks. People usually take several 'hits'/lungfuls of nitrous in a row for one session, since each dose only lasts a couple minutes, so unless you want to waste a lot of money on cans of whipped cream, it's not really a good option. Typically, people use chargers like the image ColtDan posted. You can buy an empty whipped cream dispenser that has a mechanism built into it to crack open the chargers, and a nozzle to suck the gas from. They look like this:

ZfqwUTdcaItUlq4nAsgSw5vhfI5kCbY97rRZb8gEaxJ97xnTNZap6ZXVnqb44m6hJSNCAg79_LMRckUFSqZsDSKG-6d8ADzeetM6T9SELVUGvqGyijZgKzYK5rUJCPGrtjUCIFabzZc1AugUsQSg7nXHOuFDQOMfkP42-QTYYfSKGAae3RqBxtcq2in2iuzA-mNCqh7D0VtnxwWW8CWFpVv7a2czn-73ytHIaDI

It's against site policy to link you directly to a place where you can get them, but the things with the nitrous are called whipped cream chargers and the thing that opens them is called a whipped cream dispenser. They shouldn't be too hard to find if you do a little searching. I strongly recommend getting a dispenser like the one above instead of one of those ghetto ass 'crackers' you can get at headshops. Those things will save you 10 bucks but they're a pain in the ass to use and if you do it wrong you can get frostburn on your fingers. Dispensers are basically idiot-proof.

Last edited:
do not inhale direct from the dispencer, the NO2 can be very very cold and damage your lungs etc.

use it to fill a balloon and then use the balloon to inhale

I only use balloon wen i hit from a tank..no need for it if u got a wip cream can but use a balloon if all u have is a cracker then u will save some N2O

Last edited:
OP: read solistus's post.

do not inhale direct from the dispencer, the NO2 can be very very cold and damage your lungs etc.

use it to fill a balloon and then use the balloon to inhale

And this is just flat-out wrong. I always inhale directly from the dispenser and my lungs are still very much intact. My guess is that the gas warms up a little when it passes through the dispenser itself; it's not like one is hitting it directly from the cartridge when using a dispenser.

A nitrous gun while tripping happens to be godmode for me, but I have never seriously gotten high from the half-lung of cold nos from a whipped cream can.

If you have a nitrous gun that can unload whippets in a hiss, then I have to strongly reccomend inhaling straight from the nozzle as the nitrous is able to cool astonishingly quickly into the compressor.

So, I'm supposed to buy a can of whipped cream, somehow open up the can, and take the charger out?

If you have any whip cream that you can eat, then you have bought something that you do not need to become incredibly high on nitrous through legal means.

Some culinary stores along with head shops sell "whippets", little silver cylinders that are compressed with a lung full of nearly pure nitrous, waiting to be cracked open through some means. They cost around a dollar per lung down to under twenty cents per in wholesale at the right places, a metal cracker device that is a little bit bigger than the whippet iself is the cheapest dispenser but using a balloon to disperse into is a must.

A nitrous gun involves screwing a whippet into the top of the gun and it takes just a second of hissing to have the lung ready to catapult into your lungs, don't buy any more whippets than you plan on consuming!

Last edited:
The short answer to your question is you hold it upright with the nozzle in your mouth and push it to the side like you would to get the whipped cream out. Inhale. Eventually you'll get a mouthful of whipped cream. You probably only get 2 or 3 good hits from a can so it's not really a cost effective way to do it but if you want to try out nitrous without a huge investment in equipment it's workable.

For me whippets are a lot like shrimp..... awesome but ultimately not worth the effort.

And, in keeping with the harm reduction intent of BL, NEVER, EVER do nitrous out of a mask that's attached to your face. Cuz that's how you can die, kids.

No2 is poison n2o is good

Would the uneducated please stop saying NO2, that is a poisonous gas, and saying that is reason why people get harmed inhaling nitrogen dioxide/nitric oxide out of tanks.
Nitrogen dioxide is toxic by inhalation

It's N2O NOT NO2.

Oh, so I can just buy a whipped cream can, press the nozzle to the side ever so slightly (but not hard enough to actually get any whipped cream out) into a balloon, and then inhale from the balloon?

Oh, so I can just buy a whipped cream can, press the nozzle to the side ever so slightly (but not hard enough to actually get any whipped cream out) into a balloon, and then inhale from the balloon?

Dude, Are you not paying attention? You don't need a balloon. You need a can of whipped cream. Hold it upright and put your mouth on it.Push the nozzle to the side and inhale. Eventually, you will get some whipped cream in your mouth but it's ok because it's edible. It's not rocket science.

Inhaling directly from a whipped cream can is relatively safe, so you really don't even need the balloon. Unless you're trying to fit a few can's worth of nitrous in a single balloon, but I'm not sure how that would work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.