View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nitrous Oxide from a Whipped Cream Can?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inhaling directly from a whipped cream can is relatively safe, so you really don't even need the balloon. Unless you're trying to fit a few can's worth of nitrous in a single balloon, but I'm not sure how that would work out.

Since I've never managed to do a whippet from a can without getting some whipped cream too I expect you'd wind up with a balloon with whipped cream in it.

The short answer to your question is you hold it upright with the nozzle in your mouth and push it to the side like you would to get the whipped cream out. Inhale. Eventually you'll get a mouthful of whipped cream. You probably only get 2 or 3 good hits from a can so it's not really a cost effective way to do it but if you want to try out nitrous without a huge investment in equipment it's workable.

For me whippets are a lot like shrimp..... awesome but ultimately not worth the effort.

With most of the cans i have tried you get 1 super lungful fat hit before it dies out, chargers are way more efficient and price friendly then whip cream. a tank is also nice as well :)

A nitrous gun while tripping happens to be godmode for me,

Same man. I dont even buy em unless im tripping because its no comparison. The feeling you get on acid and nitrous is infinitely more euphoric than any other drug in the world imho. Except of course for acid, mdma, and nitrous!

I bought a can of Reddi Whip and some balloons. I put a balloon over the nozzle and tilted the nozzle ever so slightly, filling the balloon up with nitrous oxide. When I inhaled from the balloon, nothing happened. The whipped cream nozzle has now stopped working completely.

its important that you breathe in normal air with the whippet... just ike they mix it at the dentist. the balloon method is often done in a way thats worse for the brain. one could get a good amount of cans push the nozzle with the cans rightside up, put their mouth slightly above, inhale the fumes along with some air, hold it in until they feel something, make sure they are sitting down for safety's sake. once they start to feel the effects they should just focus on breathing, getting enough oxygen during the effects is just as important. they would come down fast, they should take breaks in between.
a word to the wise, dont be an idiot and do 10 cans in a night just for fun.

^^I agree, a very trollable thread. But nitrous can me a tad confusing at first. Alright, to clarify...

There are basically 4 ways to do nitrous:

1.) Tank
If you're actually lucky enough to come across one, more power to ya. These are big $100^ tanks like they use in dentists offices. Not very easy to come by, generally used for parties and such. Never use a gas mask with one, you could suffocate.

2.) Whip Cream Dispenser $25-$60
A roughly 1 ft. tall metal container with a spout, you would expect to see one of these behind the counter at a coffee shop. They're intended to be reusable, so you can put you're own liquid cream filling in them, then screw in an N20 charger to pressurize it. For you're purposes you would leave out the cream altogether and just put in one or two chargers. It's pretty easy to load a double charger, and you'll notice the difference. Unless you're doing 2+ chargers, I consider balloons optional here, because it doesn't come out that cold. But if you take in more than half a charger at once, it's going to be mighty hard on your lungs. And balloons are nice in general because you can be breathing more nitrous than your lungs can hold at once.

3.)Cracker $6-$30
A common way to do budget whippeting, the cracker is a 2 piece metal tube that fits in the palm of your hand. You screw the pieces together to break the seal on the charger, then unscrew them to release the gas out one end. They aren't a bad option, but they can be tricky to operate, especially the cheap ones, which break sooner. They break more frequently than dispensers in general, and they can be a real pain when you're trying to dole out whippits to a large group. Also, these things are where it's REALLY important to use a balloon.

4.)The Lowly Whip Cream Can $1-$4 (More expensive in the long run)
Yeah, try it once, for sure. Then you'll be able to recognize the taste when you do a real whippit. There's not really enough gas in a grocery store can of whip cream to get much more than a taste. Figure roughly the equivalent of half a charger. Just forget the balloons here. Get the largest can you can find, hold it like it's sitting down, and take it all into your lungs. The whip cream won't come until it's empty, and it won't come that hard or fast. Basically, you just end your run with a nice taste of whip cream. Hopefully you're not allergic. When this is done, there will be no more propellant left in your can, hence no whip cream. You've basically got a big can of sweetened milk, which you're welcome to suck at. Sometimes the big cans will have enough pressure left for some cream.

If you can afford the dispenser that's great, but the cracker works fine. But you're definitely going to have a limited experience if you stick to the cans. If you can't figure out where to get this stuff, I'm going to tell you a little secret. Ebay. Yeah, seriously. If that information is to classified and risque to share on this lovely little site, then may the great moderator in the sky strike down this post.

I just inhaled nitrous from the whipped cream can, i'm peaking on some fine ass bud right now and the nitrous had some nice synergy with the bud, it was a small hit of nitrous, I just got a little light-headed, some euphoria, audio distortion (I was listening to music) and ear ringing, I know IV coke is always called a bell ringer but I always call a hit of nitrous that, that shit gets my ears ringing like a mofo

These whippet highs don't last very long and after continued use (around 4 cans) I end up with a headace and a weird buzzing sound going on in my head. I stopped doing it.

^Oh pshaw! This whole thread is one big troll. A kid who cant figure out how to get the gas outa a can of whipped cream??? Puts a balloon over the nozzle even after told by multiple people NOT to do that??!! This is either an 8 year old, or an older annoying teen who thinks it is fun to come on the net druggie group and pretend to be a retard.

commander-blue hasnt a clue what he's prattling on about. You do NOT need to be sure to get air along with the nitrous. There is already plenty in your bloodstream... when your body needs to breath.... IT WILL FORCE YOU TO BREATH!

And he would not cause himself any damage whatsoever if he was so stupid (in terms of wasting money) to do 100 cans of N20 from whipped cream cans in one night. It is such a safe substance its ridiculous. It's NOT anything close to other actually very dangerous inhalants like gasoline or glue. Why the hell do you think dentists use it? Because it is 100% safe and non-toxic.

Kid's gonna undergo FAR more tissue damage when his mom smacks him upside the head after finding out he spent all the grocery money on 4 dozen cans of whipped cream! =D

Last edited:
LOL, we were sucking N2O out of whipped cream cans as kids. Nowdays the cans in the store are shrink wrapped on the caps, but years ago we'd just pop the tops off in the store & suck gas. Kid stuff.

nitrous oxide is not a psychedelic. its a dissociative.

Nitrous oxide is certainly not one thing, but labeling as one wishes is how shit gets done I suppose. (Psychedelic is not a word to describe a generic receptor site in my book, not at all!)

LOL, we were sucking N2O out of whipped cream cans as kids. Nowdays the cans in the store are shrink wrapped on the caps, but years ago we'd just pop the tops off in the store & suck gas. Kid stuff.

Buy some whippets you punk!

Yes, nitrous oxide is a dissociative. This board is for the discussion of psychadelics, dissociatives, deliriants, and those weird in-between drugs (salvia, nutmeg, ect.)

I didn't realize whipped cream cans had such a small amount of nitrous in them. I'm guessing it'll take more than one can to get high? I want the best-possible results.

Then acquire a box of whippets and and a means of dispensing it, a "cracker" + punching-bag balloon... OR a whipped cream canister. All of which you can find online. Too young to have a credit card? Get VISA debit card from your bank that has your savings account. OR, buy a VISA gift card at the grocery or drug store or even gas station. You pay cash and I don't think they have any way to check your age. If the card needs registering before it can be used to make purchases, just fib about your birth-year so it looks like you are 18.

Try using your head, just a little, I promise it won't hurt.

Yes, nitrous oxide is a dissociative. This board is for the discussion of psychadelics, dissociatives, deliriants, and those weird in-between drugs (salvia, nutmeg, ect.)

Have you ever heard of one object more holistically being described as two things?

Whoa I'm in PD?!?! I know what the board is for lulz.

Also, I do believe that the word you are trying to fill me in on is "psychedelic"

commander-blue hasnt a clue what he's prattling on about. You do NOT need to be sure to get air along with the nitrous. There is already plenty in your bloodstream... when your body needs to breath.... IT WILL FORCE YOU TO BREATH!

Albeit "unhealthy", a held lung of pure nitrous feels like the proper "natural" mechanism for a full nitrous experience if there is such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.