Spring Cleaning 2010 - down under style

I know there is a thread about slow response times but i can't find it.

A whole EIGHT threads down from yours :| Your answer is in post #4.

JUST a word of warning, you will find the server stalls a bit whenever we mass delete a bunch of threads. This won't be a scheduled thing, more an action when any given forum has reviewed it's content adequately. So the downside is, we should see several of these 'slow downs'; but the plus side is that they typically don't last more than 2-3 minutes and each one brings us that much closer to a healthy (ie, faster!) database :)

EDIT - these 'stalling' moments will delay your page loads, and will also cause frequent double posting (the server takes a submitted post and puts it in the thread twice). We will try not to do these deletions-stalls during peak online time for our members, but if you are thoughtful of others, you can EDIT->Delete when you create a double post ;)

Fwiw, we're going to do our best to avoid this problem. Instead, the admin are stockpiling ALL the threads we've cleared from review and will take the server offline for 5 min whenever we have a large enough number to delete. This means anyone accessing the site for those 5 minutes will get a 'Server Mtc' screen. It also means that when we do remove those threads, it won't effect anyone for those 5 minutes and we can run it more cleanly and effectively. These 5 min outtages won't be announced, but won't be long either. We'll probably see our first this weekend, but it also will b aimed for times of low server demand as best we can.

So...NASDD is effected, perhaps affected as well, when we get to them ;) You'll have word in your mod thread and we (the admin) will help get public notice going int o your forum when it comes. We can't pin a date, because it depends on how quickly we can get thru the other forums that are fatter than yours. We're pushing do get the whole site done ASAP, but with an understanding of the seasonal holidays and people's availability on a volunteer website. :)

could you not delete my thread on shrooming in ireland because i want to keep the infor for next years season, i didnt get a chance to use it this year

^You need to talk to the mods of the forum that its in. You should also find a link to it because people arent going to want to go searching for it themselves.

no probz mate thansk for ettingm know

im drunk by the way so my post is fuckedk :)

Last edited:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=446206 If this is the thread it has a 2010 reply and is safe from pruning. If you click on your name where it says 'Welcome nolys' you can click on the statistics tab of your profile and choose 'Find all threads started by nolys' Things responded to in 2010 are ignored in this prune.

1. I do donate.

2. If I sort things and get my new server your welcome to use it however possible , although I dont have the technical know-how to use it to full benefits when splititng a service, im sure some of you do.

Thanks Public//Enemy :) Someone in management here would need to officially accept or decline your kind offer on letting Bluelight utilize your server but I suspect the answer would be that Bluelight is a little to large and the member data a little to sensitive to be utilizing server time donations like that.

Yes, thank you on both counts = for the donation, and the offer of server space. As Enki points out, our data is a bit sensitive so we are fairly protective of where we host our site, and our hardware/bandwidth demands are being served well at the moment thru a trusted company in the Netherlands (this also helps us regarding the questionable legal nature of our content and global member locations with their regional laws). So, yes, thank you, but we'll have to decline the server offer for now.