female musicians

was never really my stuff some of her early hits are uncountable ++++ classics though also will always think of her looking more like

slide_413498_5232940_compressed.jpg

<3 and could link many more or from the earlier videos but I just couldn't really get down with the fake tits or whatever and whole image change, still think early 90s cutie

but as far as the shade throwin diva shit (and there are several other videos lol I was playing them in the background for a second while grabbing a drink) she has a point vocally none of these bitches can stand up and she has been straight up robbed melodically lyrically etc

have a feelin i could def get into garbage, luv 90s alternative cuz my sisters bumped that shit.

was always a fan of this garbage song since i heard it on the sndtk for romeo+juliet.

This is an old post but an ill track too and young Claire Danes

but as far as the shade throwin diva shit (and there are several other videos lol I was playing them in the background for a second while grabbing a drink) she has a point vocally none of these bitches can stand up and she has been straight up robbed melodically lyrically etc
yea, i was listening to the early hits you mention, and her voice. i guess you say "the ranges" those friggin high notes she hits... incredible voice/singer. she is something else, like in the coolest over the top way.

yeah a lot of the women in the R&B genre especially singing hooks for hip hop songs (just cause she was mentioned in the video, say, Ashanti, along with many lesser known of ones) have what I'd call a "pretty" voice but something that doesn't even compute next to a raw talent like mariah who is honestly right up there I'm sure with the really serious opera alto-soprano-crazy five octave range although she chose a different path and art form

[video=youtube_share;LfRNRymrv9k]http://youtu.be/LfRNRymrv9k[/video]

and then ODB and Tina Weymouth show up
ODB plus a reference to

and then ODB and Tina Weymouth show up
ODB plus a reference to
it's kinda funny in a way, we praise mariah for her amazing classic voice/vocal range, etc THEN we have ODB "singing" on a track with her in his own unique way. so wild, but sounds so good.

mariah was there at the funeral for ODB, and "In 2003, Mariah Carey joined him for a press conference following a prison release."

cool seeing a huge superstar help out ODB when he needed support. <3 mariah, RIP <3 ODB

tumblr_oeubisamI01upgx32o1_1280.jpg

Really can't get behind this Mariah love. Sure, great voice but what she sings is pretty ordinary, IMO. And nothing special in the looks dept.

all good and understandable for sure.

i love that type of pop/rnb n' i grew up with it, like remember having that shit on repeat before school. if it weren't for the memories perhaps i wouldn't love her so much.

ok i have to

this from few years back but just revisiting.

Sky Ferreira first announced her sophomore album, Masochism, back in April 2015, but it looks like the rollout is finally about to begin. The Los Angeles singer announced on Instagram that she will be introducing the album visually in the cover story of Playboy's October 2016 issue.

Last edited:
Dessa is my favorite female musician. This is her new single

ok i have to

this from few years back but just revisiting.

Sky Ferreira first announced her sophomore album, Masochism, back in April 2015, but it looks like the rollout is finally about to begin. The Los Angeles singer announced on Instagram that she will be introducing the album visually in the cover story of Playboy's October 2016 issue.

lol. /me patiently waits, sky ;p
giphy.gif

morning inspo... madonna comin out my speakers, reading a piece she wrote that i recall from a few years ago. i really like how i google "madonna harpaz bazaaz weed" and first hit is exactly the piece i wanted to read again...

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/news/a1095/madonna-interview-1113/

When you're 15, this can feel a little uncomfortable. Teenagers want to fit in on one hand and be rebellious on the other. Drinking beer and smoking weed in the parking lot of my high school was not my idea of being rebellious, because that's what everybody did. And I never wanted to do what everybody did. I thought it was cooler to not shave my legs or under my arms.

For any seasoned connoisseur of Madonna, her predilection for having armpit hair has been established since the mid-70s when she would show up at school reeking of body odor just to prove a point about the homogeneity of women. Her fondness for wearing scandalous outfits and presenting her physicality in a manner as different as possible is, ultimately, part of what would land her such massive amounts of fame.

Madonna was late, but that didn't matter because she is Madonna. What is time, really?

... okay now the day can begin.

screen-shot-2014-03-23-at-4-53-11-pm.png