female musicians

Kim Gordon (Sonic Youth/Free Kitten etc)
tumblr_l9ieqc2O5f1qzy1eno1_500.jpg

YAASSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!=D

oh how I love sonic youth. Great mention, her.

Ya know, I did a good bit of speed reading through this thread and don't believe I saw any mention of McLachlan?
Possession

great mentions here all the way around btw

Stonefield. In 2 words - FUCKING FIERCE.

They are a group of sisters, the bass player is 12 years old, the drummer is the lead singer and she's 16 - they won Triple J's UnEarthed comp this year. With this track:
Walk Me Through The Clover

I seriously can't believe how good this track is, especially given their ages - the lyrics, the tightness of the band - I guess that could come with playing together for so long. REALLY REALLY GOOD. I just heard their newest track "Drowning" on the radio on the way home - not released yet (on youtube, etc).

The lead singers voice is fucking fucking good. I've not heard good old rock this awesome for a long time - especially in an all-female band.

<3<3

Wow, that was really cool Samadhi..

Added to favorites. Lead singer is gorgeous.

Miki Berenyi - Lush

NSFW:
Miki_Lush.jpeg

l_9d7c10.jpg

Andreya Triana

NSFW:
Andreya_Triana_photo.jpg

Becky Ninkovic - You Say Party! We Say Die!

NSFW:
waat_b10.jpg

Emma-Lee Moss - Emmy the Great

NSFW:
emmy_2.jpg

emmythegreat_ss_mg_9455.jpg

233_3SPz3K.jpg

That last one is a bit of a guilty pleasure on the count of her being absolutely adorable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beth Gibbons from Portishead
Such a beautiful voice

23h36te.jpg

damn...i thought this post was gonna be about those of us who are female musicians ourselves! haha oh well, it's still groovy.

personally i dig karen o, victoria legrand, regina spektor, and the chick from deerhoof cause her vocals are funny as shit :b

*bump*

Love me some Cat Power
Chan has the most incredible, soothing, and raspy voice I've ever heard

Definitely my all time favorite female musician
I want her to sing me lullaby's before bed lol

cat-power.jpg

catpower7.jpg

Mimi Parker from Low has a really great voice - very expressive considering the nature of Low's music.

Low - "Embrace"

Sarah Balliet from Murder By Death (cello player) is pretty awesome, too. Classically trained and also pretty darn cute.

4574217210_bc60b18189.jpg

And then, Alison Mosshart from The Kills and Dead Weather. She's one bad ass chica.

NYLON+February+Issue+Launch+Kills+-3xtp5VrqOWl.jpg

Courtney love

courtney_love_hole_live_london.jpg

Janis Joplin

Janis-Joplin.jpg

Orianthi(gutiarist for Michael Jackson)

orianthi+in+lace.jpg

l.jpg

if lookin at this pic u think "i bet she makes songs about aliens n' shit" pat urself on the fuckin back fam cuz u right!~ http://youtu.be/3aRqLv39n7M

btw i got a folder full of pics of girls with synths / electronic music gear just thought yall liked to know /end perv ... %)

Last edited:
Can't beat this woman's singing abilities, Shara Worden of My Brightest Diamond
Also I love a little lady playing an big old Gibson 3?? series

74485-copy.jpg

*bump*

Love me some Cat Power
Chan has the most incredible, soothing, and raspy voice I've ever heard

Definitely my all time favorite female musician
I want her to sing me lullaby's before bed lol
I was gonna post my love for her then realized I already did so on the first page. Shit memory. Let's make out to Sea of Love?

We're forgetting Zooey.

6a00d83451c0f869e20133ef92e5e0970b-400wi