• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Want to keep getting high off subs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comrade Kane

Ex-Bluelighter
:) Hi all. Um I take 9mg of suboxone/day for a 600mg/day codiene (only) habit. When I first transfered onto subs 5 months ago the subs felt just as good as the codiene except in a different way. Maybe even better. And the high would last all day. I was soo so happy you would not believe.

Now however it seems impossible for me to get properly high off my sub, I get a little out of it, and I enjoy NOT craving, but its not euphoric anymore.

I tried stopping taking my sub, I lasted a whole day, but afterwards it was actually WORSE, I think due to the subs halflife that my actual blood levels are higher than my dose. I have tried taking HUGE doses of codiene again, twice, nothing at all.

I either snort or sublingual my tabs, doctor inspects my veins so I cant shoot.

Is there anything I can do to get the original euphoria back, or am I stuck?

I have considered maybe try using H, on the weekends with sub inbetween. Would this be controllable?

I hope I havent asked too many questions, help me if you can plz.

if you would like to continue getting euphoria from your bupe, you need to do a comfy taper...

from here your dose should be somewhere between 0.5mg and 2mg SL....

you can get many beneficial effects from low dose suboxone.....euphoria, energy, antidepressant...

id check out the sub mega thread for more info....

i would not use dope just on the weekends for many reasons, one being that it makes the bupe work less effectively, and actually makes it harder to use sub properly.....

^^
Cant reduce my dose as three of my weekly doses are in front of the pharmacist. Also I could never risk getting my doctor to reduce my dose because then I wouldnt be able to increase my dose back up again.

Also I enjoy the alteration of my consciousness that comes from taking a larger amount, it feels like I'm disconnected so bad things dont matter so much, makes me happier.

I was thinking along the lines of a drug that would reduce my tolerance to sub, which maybe I could keep taking to keep tolerance down, and getting euphoria. Maybe I'm being unrealistic, hoping for a miracle pill.

Thanks for your response.

if you didnt have to take your dose in front of people ( i dont ), you dont have to lower your dose with your doctor, you just do it..... and from here you start to stockpile ( i got 40 already)......this can be beneficial for the fact your on low dose bupe, and that you will have spares.....

maybe in the future for you.........

You're on Suboxone, LET ALONE 9mgs/day, for a Codeine habit?

Jesus.

I don't even need more than 2mgs for a 300mg/day Oxy habit.

I have considered maybe try using H, on the weekends with sub inbetween. Would this be controllable?

Hell no. If you don't want to be a raging dope fiend anymore you have to accept that you have exhausted your getting high privileges. As long as you chase a high you will continue to be and become a worse addict.

Yeah, you''re taking waaay to much sub, bruv.

Just tell the doc you want to do a taper; it's not as if they have a gun to your head to make you take such huge doses.

Once you get down to 1mg/day or less you'll get euphoria again.

methadone and bupe are to block the receptors that you once had so of course you wont get high anymore ,thats the whole point,
But if you must gradually increase till desired level....
By no meens do i condone this as any other opiates and benzos could realy fuck with ya when on suboxone or methadone....
You may not feel it but the drugs are still there.
Increasing can lead to death as im sure youve read ........

No. Being on higher doses is actually much safer which is why doctors prescribe doses that many perceive as excessive.

i meen increasing opiates or benzos..
Oops kinda made a misstake i ment the benzos are felt to be increased while on bupe ro methadone but opiates ya dont feel so ya go higher and higher.
Both are dangerous..

Last edited:
I don't know if I should let this out, but it was told to me by a doctor.

You can snort suboxone.
Yes you can and it will not cause withdrawals due to the naltroxone as long as your stay under a 2mg threshold.

It will give you the desired effect you seek, but it will also increase the level of discomfort when withdrawing.

My own personal advice as an opiate addict of SEVERAL years is to take them as prescribed and do not be afraid to advocate for yourself if you want to consistently lower your dosage in order to become opiate free.
That is the object. No?

From my own personal experience Suboxone and Subutex are much more difficult to kick when taken over a long period of time than even methadone.
These meds should be used for detox purposes only and should NEVER be used as maintenance.

This is from my personal experience. Take it for what you will.

-Josepus23

I don't know if I should let this out, but it was told to me by a doctor.

You can snort suboxone.
Yes you can and it will not cause withdrawals due to the naltroxone as long as your stay under a 2mg threshold.

It will give you the desired effect you seek, but it will also increase the level of discomfort when withdrawing.

My own personal advice as an opiate addict of SEVERAL years is to take them as prescribed and do not be afraid to advocate for yourself if you want to consistently lower your dosage in order to become opiate free.
That is the object. No?

From my own personal experience Suboxone and Subutex are much more difficult to kick when taken over a long period of time than even methadone.
These meds should be used for detox purposes only and should NEVER be used as maintenance.

This is from my personal experience. Take it for what you will.

-Josepus23

gotta dissagree with that one methadone is definatly harder to kick than bupe..

gotta dissagree with that one methadone is definatly harder to kick than bupe..

This depends on the dosage and the length of time one is medicated on one as opposed to the other.

The half life of Methadone is usually 36 hours whereas the half life of Suboxone is 72 hours.

While Suboxone is a partial agonist and a partial antagonist, this leads to the common sense approach is that Subs are easier for withdrawal if they can be used sparingly, but when the realm of maintenance is reached then my experience is that Subs are much more difficult and much more prolonged.

I will repeat, suboxone and subutex are used best for detox purposes only and that is all.

It is the extended half life of subs over methadone that make them more MENTALLY difficult to quit.

-Josephus23

i think you might have some other problems you should address before you go about trying to get high off bupe.

First, why are you taking 9mg of bupe a day for 600mg of codiene habbit? That seems rediculious, also you have to see a Dr. who makes you take 3/7 of your doses in front of a pharmacist?

Just front first impressions, I'd say switch your Dr, but it sounds iike your underage and got in trouble for doing codiene and this your parents solution, or someting like that, but if you can see a different Dr.

Also, even if 3/7 of the doses are supervised you can always take less the other 4 days.

Another thing you said that concerns me is you said you can't risk asking your Dr for less because then you can't ask him for more? Again, this sounds like someone whose problem was a lite more than just the codiene.

First, the desperation to get high seems troubling, and I think that might have been what got you into this position, I could be wrong, just stating impressions,

Second, the higher dose isn't doing you any good. If you go down to say 4mg a day, going back up to say 8mg a day at some later point in time will do nthing for you except make you adicted to bupe harder/longer. It won't make you any more high, so its actually better for you to reduce dose and never go back up, if you want to get high off bupe, but it sounds like your scared of being w/o it, and your desperate for a high....

regardless, not trying to be harsh, just my 02

additionally you need to check out the suboxxone mega thread, and continue to ask questions there
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=531360

Eh, I have to agree with what other people here are generally saying about your situation.

First, as some others have said, I would definitely recommend getting a new doctor if I was you. I honestly have a pretty liberal doctor from what I hear, as I've never been drug tested, my dose is almost completely based upon what I ask for, he's experienced and understanding with opiate addiction, he takes as much time as he has to to talk about anything, even non sub related stuff, and he's usually pretty flexible when it comes to payments. I see him about once a month.

Anyways though, my point is that it's completely ridiculous that a sub doctor would make you take doses in front of him or wouldn't be cool with that kind of dose adjustment; the whole idea is that they do what they do and get paid in order to supplement the suboxone by talking to patients, making sure they're healthy, and not making life any harder. The fact that your doctor is not at all concerned about making you miserable, interfering with your schedule, or I'm guessing charging you money so he can police you, makes it obvious that he's an idiot that really doesn't respect you much as a patient, and that's wrong for any doctor, especially one that you're going to voluntarily for help. You should def. ditch him, especially if he supposedly cares about your dose and would have you taking that much for something like codeine.

Also, taking 9 mg of sub a day for codeine in pretty much any dose is pretty inappropriate. I got off a relatively heavy (for me at least) heroin habit of shooting .3-.6 g a day about 6 months ago, and I started at 8-12 mg sub a day, but it didn't take long for me to start rapidly lowering, and although the last time I used sub was about a week ago, I've been comfortably at doses of <1.5 mg for a long time.

See, there's reasoning for this in the sub mega thread, but here it is: TAKING LESS SUB GETS YOU MORE EFFECT. So saying you don't want to lower your dose of 9 mg a day cause you're chasing a high doesn't make a lot of sense. You'll get a lot more euphoria by lowering your dose.

Another thing, there's a ceiling dose to codeine I'm pretty sure, and even at that dose with any appreciable amount of sub in your system it isn't going to do much of anything at all. In case you weren't aware, codeine is probably one of the weakest opiates around (actually it isn't an opiate itself, your body converts it to morphine, but that another story).

Finally, about the H thing...the reason I haven't taken subs in about a week is due to the fact that I came into possession of some very high quality, almost free heroin (which I've just run out of actually. resuming subs tomorrow morning) and I'll say this from my own experience; unless you plan on taking a break from subs for a appreciable amount of time, it won't be worth it to take breaks.

I say this because in order to take another opiate and get worthwhile effects without shooting any large doses you would have to wait probably about 24 hours at least, so that means going without subs for a whole day which you said is an issue for you. Then you take your opiate of choice, and hopefully the suboxone won't still be an issue. Then, after you have your fun, you need to wait until you're in full on withdrawal/all the opiate is out of your system before taking subs again, cause if you don't, you'll get thrown into precipitated withdrawal, which I've heard is absolute hell. So in order to get high, we're talking some 32-40 hours in which you can't be taking subs.

That means it would be pretty much physically impossible to do it just on weekends, at least the way I see it (and I'm no expert).

This is assuming what I'm guessing will happen doesn't happen, cause what I'm guessing is if you get your kicks taking codeine, that when you try dope there ain't going to be any "only on the weekends" or "just every once in a while". Hell, the majority of relapses that turn back into terrible, ugly addictions start with the "every once in a while" line, and it happens easily enough to people who are veterans of heroin addiction and know exactly what to expect; so I mean no offense in this, but I'm almost positive just from how it sounds that you wouldn't stand much of a chance of keeping it from graduating into full blown addiction.

Some of the above replys are quite funny. I suppose I didnt really give enough info really, thanks everyone though for taking an interest, this is a cool website.
I have been browsing here for a while before I decided to join.

Anyways...

I like getting high, see nothing wrong with it, and never intend to stop. Lifes not worth living without opiates.
I just want to prevent my addiction harming me TOO much. I've never yet tried H, though I would consider it, but am worried about control. Thanks uberpenguin, you have confirmed what I believed about H and made it less likely I would try it, unless maybe I was going to commit suicide, then I'd definately use it to make myself happy again.

I ate codiene but always snort all my subs except on comein days, its hard getting 9mg up there, but I manage it in about 30 minutes. I cant imagine trying to snort codiene, oooaawwhhh. Shiver.

I live in Australia, a small eastcoast town. The laws are probably different from over in the USA.
No I'm not a kid, I'm 25.
Burnt an eye, given morphine in Hospital, switched to codiene outside.
I used codiene for a few years after that. It helped me work like superman, for a good while. Good stuff. BTW codiene actually does nothing itself, but its products are just the same as taking those products directly.
Roughly 5-10% of codeine will be converted to morphine, with the remainder either free, conjugated to form codeine-6-glucuronide (~70%), or converted to norcodeine (~10%) and hydromorphone (~1%).

I also take 30mg of escitalopram (anti-depressant) daily to try to boost the subs, it seems to help.

I reckon I have multiple functional alleles of CYP2D6, resulting in ultra-rapid metabolism of codeine, maybe, I just suspect from the enjoyment I got from them. Anyways opiates = good shit.
But when my tolerance went up and up and I had to buy n swallow 2 packs a day... yeah too much, didnt enjoy it anymore. Plus my chemist kept whingeing, wouldnt give me anymore than 2 packs a day so I couldnt increase it further. (Australia chemists sell codiene in 30 packs max, stupid fucks)
I went to the local doctor here, only one that does it.
He prescribed me 4mg/d, good for a month.
I wanted more, 6mg/d, good for another month.
Up to 8mg/d, even better, another month.
I wanted even more but the doctor only increased it by 1 mg/d to 9mg/d, and I get the feeling he wont keep increasing it as I want. So I,ve been stuck on 9mg/day for 2 months now.
Ideally I'd like to increase by 1-2mg/day each month as each time it was increased the original high came back awesomely.
Over here you have to get your dose from the chemist on a regular basis, I go in on mondays wednesdays and fridays to pick up for the following days in between. On the come in days, the head pharma guy watches me take my dose. Stupid I know, esp after I read about how you guys get it so liberal, but sometimes I am glad for it, cause I know I'd probably take em all at once if I had too many.
It costs me 5 dollars a day, and my doctor says I will be on them for life, which I want.

Yeah so I dont really think I can do much about it, try to keep going up I suppose, look for a miracle pill to prevent tolerance...hmmm.

Thanks again all!

Last edited:
thats normal, buprenorphine doesn't provide a "high" as such, more of a relief...

If you are ever able to get any of your doses home try rectal administration. I used to get no euphoria from subs at 8mg/day untill I dissolved them in water and shot them up my bum. I was really shocked how good and high I got off my normal daily dose just by putting it in my bum.

My suggestion is to try and wait as long as possible in between your sub doses. Dont start using heroin on the weekends, because thats what i did and it DEFINITLY gets uncontrolable. You start off doing it on weekends as planned and its great but then you start wanting to do the dope more and more and more and u end up wasting money on dope when youve already taken your sub, and you also end up boosting your tolerance to a ridiculous rate to the point where the 9MG of sub is no longer working and you now need to take 32MG of sub and you end up running out of your sub hella fast. and on top of that you have to worry about drug tests from your sub doc. DEFINITLY NOT WORTH IT in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.