• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Want to keep getting high off subs

Status
Not open for further replies.
There uis no way in hell you can stay gettin ghigh off a massive dose like 9mg daily.
I can take 4mg or 32mg and it doesnt make jack shit of a difference. After a few months on bupe it doesnt matter how much extra you take.. you will never get high off it again. The only way to stay getting high is to never take more than .5mg daily.. other wise the honeymoon ride you get in the beginning will be long gone soon/

If you wanna get high, get a full agonist. A partial agonist is never going to compare. On the real though.. it's bupe not heron./

Being a partial agonist/antagonist, you are not going to get high once a tolerance has developed, no matter the dose, which has a ceiling at 32mg anyway.

Unfortunately, this is the nature of buprenorphine. Also, I don't see why your doc would be opposed to increasing your dose back up to 8-9mg, after tapering down to 1-2mg. It is common practice to increase dose to where the pt is comfortably "held."

He prob won't go higher than 9mg bc that is an INSANE dose for codeine dependence, even if you are an ultrarapid metabolizer due to duplicate CYP2D6 alleles.

There is no drug you can take to magically reduce your bupe tolerance, other than a high affinity antagonist which would throw you into precipitated WDs.

The dose and duration of your bupe treatment make it unlikely that even 24-36 hrs of abstinence would reduce the blockade (competetive antagonism) effect (due to saturation and quasi zero-order elemination kinetics).

Conclusion: no you can't keep getting the subjective high from bupe once tolerance is established.

This thread is 2 years old and about getting high.

Not only that it is the most irresponsible suboxone usage i've ever heard of...

600mg codeine to 9 mg bupe is insane.

I'm closing this because it's an old thread about how to get high off bupe.

closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.