• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Injecting into places other than arms

Nope. And I ended up in what sounds a spookily similar circumstance - the palm smarts a tad, dontcha think? :|

As others have said, once things are getting that bad there's just not many shooting years left, in my experience. I ended up quitting heroin cos it was taking upwards of two hours to get a shot a lot of the time. That meant refiltering and recooking nasty coagulated shots and perpertually looking like I'd been in a knife fight. Wasn't pretty or practical but quitting daily IV use was the only option. I have two or three usable veins now and quit daily use around five years ago.

Inside of the knees, ankles and knuckles are the ones I have left. I really can't recommend the latter lowly enough. I went with Subutex and reluctantly switched to plugging as a regular IV "replacement". It's not the same, but it has similarities and is better than a boot in the backside if your veins are gone bye-bye. Some of us drew the short straw when they were dishing out veins :(

Just reading this interesting post and you'll probably all wanna laf but i think its coz im from England but whats "plugging" i have got crap veins too n used 2 really struggle injecting (i quit that and swaped back 2 smoking it).. but ive never heard of plugging. could u pls explain any1? x

Plugging is intra-rectal administration.

Usually by making an aqueous solution, putting it in a needle-less syringe and squirting it in your bum.

Tripman gave it to you in very professional terms..but basically..it's shoving drugs up your ass. Hah. Though I haven't had the pleasure..I have heard it is a very efficient ROA, and the closest a long time IV user will get to that feeling—once their veins go into witness protection. :-/ I'm glad I got clean when I did, because finding a vein was becoming increasingly difficult, and I really don't find the idea of plugging appealing...

How to sharpen your syringes

Try using a new match book to sharpen the needles. Use the part where you strike the match like sand paper to sharpen the old syringe. A buddy of mine showed me this many years ago and it works great. IT WILL TAKE YOU ALL BUT 30 SECONDS AND YOU WILL HAVE 3 NEW SYRINGES. WELL NOT NEW BUT MUCH BETTER THEN WHAT YOU WHERE WORKING WITH. ALSO YOU DONT NEED A SCRIP TO GET SYRINGES. JUST ORDER THEM ONLINE. YOU CAN GET 2 BOXES OF 100 WITH SHIPPING FOR AS CHEEP AS $30

Try using a new match book to sharpen the needles. Use the part where you strike the match like sand paper to sharpen the old syringe. A buddy of mine showed me this many years ago and it works great. IT WILL TAKE YOU ALL BUT 30 SECONDS AND YOU WILL HAVE 3 NEW SYRINGES. WELL NOT NEW BUT MUCH BETTER THEN WHAT YOU WHERE WORKING WITH. ALSO YOU DONT NEED A SCRIP TO GET SYRINGES. JUST ORDER THEM ONLINE. YOU CAN GET 2 BOXES OF 100 WITH SHIPPING FOR AS CHEEP AS $30

Don't do this unless you want free particles of metal and red phosphorus in your bloodstream.

Seriously, do not do this.

i was rather seeking out the answers to my questions. OBVIOUSLY i should use a new needle, so thanks for rubbing that in my face.

Yeah, no shit hey? Every second harm reduction request question posted here lately, people give off topic advice. People ask specific harm reduction questions and people waste everyone's time rambling about getting new needles/berating someone for shooting pills/extracting fentanyl, whatever it is. It's pretty obvious people do these shitty things because they need to or at least they are simply going to do it, who cares about the reasons; give people relevant advice in a respectful manner or don't reply. It's counter productive for harm minimization. That person probably wont reply again. Someone lurking will notice the judgmental responses and hold back posting.

Good luck brother, have you considered buying online? Surely you could buy them from eBay or something? Some diabetes store?

Don't do this unless you want free particles of metal and red phosphorus in your bloodstream.

Seriously, do not do this.

Do you have experience in this? Any links to studies/experience? I can't imagine if you wiped the tip down and flushed it through, and inspected very closely and carefully, the chances of injecting some metal would be quite low. If it works, the risk of contamination/embolus could very well be outweighed by risk of someone fucking all their veins with a blunt ass needle.

Wow. I'd recommend that before you pass out judgement and resort to name calling that you actually understand what the hell you're talking about. In this case users are suggesting the use of aspirin ORALLY before using heroin INTRAVENOUSLY.

I do hope that you find yourself addicted to something someday, or better yet that maybe your child or another loved one does. It's people like you who throw stones from glass houses forgetting that your shit stinks worse than everyone else's and your house isn't as impenetrable as you think.

"Nurse" my ass. If that's a true title I'd say you're in the wrong business. Compassion is a requirement in that profession, of which clearly you have none.

In reply to herOinsik=
firstly remember from the outside in NAVY NERVE ARTERY VEIN Y-FRONTS!
if you find your pulse & go two fringers forefinger& middle finger side by side that should be where the vein (femal) is.
Also which should work use in your thumb at a 90 degree angle to your forefinger place your fore finger dead centre of your private (the opening) & keeping that on your slit move down or up depending on where you started until the thumb hits the crease (top of leg) & that should be the spot!
Two last things try to remember this poem "If it's red go ahead, if it's pink stop & think) the blood colour of course!
Secondly & lastly you should get it with a 1ml but id suggest a small orange then in time when the vein moves back to protect itself a long Orange, I used mine for 12 years without any problems until the vein started to collapse, always use clean works take care I now have DVT & ulcerated legs fucking nice rush & hit not a nice outcome (but there's never a nice outcome with good old heroin!
i hope this helps
try with an empty works & feel confident before shooting up your know just as soon as you touch the works to inject if your in the artery you can loose your leg so pls be careful 1lv Stafe MarcVinal X

Last edited:
HerOinsik
iv already done a reply on how to find your groin but I just want to add well said about you ain't ready to stop & after 3 times being told (well my Mum & family) he'll be dead in the morning & once 50/50(I'd joke I'd rather phone a friend)
not so funny now!
we're stupid in many ways becoming addicts I still enjoy it sadly it'll most probably kill me I'm nearly 50 but my mum accepts it & my lovely girlfriend of 20years so I have no intention of stopping!
your doing the right thing trying to get good advice on hitting up so I take my hat off to you & when & if your ever ready I wish you well until that time may or may not come take care you only have one life all the best stafe MarcVinal

captain heroin
I was going in my groin for 12 years & started to hit the artery in the end I've personally never known the pressure to push the plunger back if it did it would be a brilliant indicator that you'd hit the artery, that said I've pulled the pin out when I see pink blood & blood shot out like a laser!
i may be wrong & sorry if I am but personally I think that's a fallacy about the artery pushing the plunger out!
only personal opinion though Stafe MarcVinal

Specterchild,I am in same place with threadstarter,it hit me deep reading bout exactly same problems/despair!Girl who used to shoot me up always used a 0,45x12mm(26Gx1/2) which is also my prefered size as anything thinner here is your typical 0,33mm(29G)x12,7mm insulin syringe and i need that red flash were needle is attached to syringe to see if i am probably in,with insulines she always said my blood clogs up so fast that she hit it but cant register cause its already clogged.i used to take Aspirin nearly daily despite the kidney risk cause of that.I cant stop,not now maybe sum day so Please dont hit me with plugging,tried twice and it doesnt even come close and i did it right! I havent gone in groin ever but had 2 DVT already,am so desperate with that oh so rare good gear now that i am considering trying that femoral but if theres an alternative like that deep biceps vein Please tell me WHERE to stick for that,feet are shot,back leg veins completely wrecked and lumpy cause of DVT,AND I FEEL CHEATED,NEVER FEM BUT 2DVTs :-(
ANY HELP would be sooo appreciated,a guy on the scene told me to get the fem you feel for pulse and stick there,i aint gonna let one of those guys hit me,junkie“friends“cant hit me at ALL,so its up to me.If YOU or anyone can help,i BEG you too.Hit one of those tiny ones yesterday but popped like always halfway through.32degrees C and i wear long sleeves.....
Best wishes to the Community,hoping hard for help,
Mo

SickerThanYou,great post brother,i am not alone.Super said“if i cant do it....!“To make it short,i'm Greenlighter and cant pm anyone,but if you could help me that would be sooo appreciated(xcuse me for not always finding right words,my native tongue(?)is german.
Best wishes,
Mo

Such a sad thread :( I really hope & pray that the OP is still with us & has beating this terrible addiction. I really hope we'll hear from you love, but being honest I don't think we will again. My thoughts are with you xxx :(

you can definitely use your leg. That's the vein I use almost every time actually. For some reason i have a very hard time Iving in my arms. So I use that vein as it hits almost every time. hurts much less also. The rush takes about 15-20 seconds to hit, but its worth it.