• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Injecting into places other than arms

Have you tried taking aspirin prior to trying to IV to thin out your blood so it doesn't clog the syringe?

Might work, I've never heard of anyone doing it before but hey worth a shot in your situation.

I think that'd work perfectly. Aspirin does thin out your blood, but I guess I don't know how that relates to how quickly it will clot.

I suppose you could get good and drunk too, that ought to thin out the ol' blood. [I'm kidding, don't do this, I've shot while drunk and it is just NOT a good idea.]

For some reason I also find that aspirin almost potentiates heroin and other opiates - or at least increases the duration a bit. I don't have any solid proof, but I've had a positive experience with it. It might have something to do with the thinning of one's blood after taking aspirin.

Just stick the pills in your vagina or ass or put the herion in a blank capsul then put it up there(not trying to sound outlandish)...

you will die before you know it if you keep shooting it... my aunt totally ran out of veins & she started shootin in places where its not good too... not soon after that they found her dead on the street...

Last edited:
Shooting Heroin into Leg?

so i haven't had access to any clean needles, therefore i've been rotating these 3 that i do have and they're getting pretty dull now with 6 or 7 uses. i missed on both my arms, so i don't really have many options except for the vein on the inside of my lower leg (next to or along my shin). i've never shot up in the leg before, so is it going to be a lot harder to penetrate the skin down and there actually register in a vein as opposed to registering in the arm? also i want to slide the needle in so that the point is facing upwards towards my heart (same as the arm), correct? btw, i'm shooting BTH.

unfortunately i can't. they require a script or whatever at the walmart i used to get them from in my town. nearest place that does...2-3 hrs away...

I would say try on top of your hand, IME that's the easiest place for me to hit when all I had was dull needles because the vein is close to the skin and generally if you use what I call the tapping method (tapping the end of the gear into the skin) you shouldn't have to much trouble registering. But anyway good luck, and be careful and safe!

unfortunately i can't. they require a script or whatever at the walmart i used to get them from in my town. nearest place that does...2-3 hrs away...

Are you close to a needle exchange?

At the very least, buy some more needles online.

Ok, I would recommend getting new needles, but I have found this trick to work great. Also, sidenote: I missed 12+ times the other night with brand new needles, everytime, draw blood, push a bit, AHHH, finally I hit and had to basically cry and get another bag because my arms were purpleish, anyways....

• Get a razor blade, not from a razor or a thin one, but one you can easily hold and be able to apply significant pressure to.
  • Take a needle and put it on a hard surface (the hardest/most sterile you can think of). Angle the needle away from you, for example if you are standing at a table, you and the needle should be perpendicular.
  • Angle the razor blade towards you (opposite direction than needle point).
  • With pressure slide the razor down the tip of the needle, rotate, and continue. Do this several times, making sure to get the entire circumfrence of the needle.
  • Wash the tip in water, although doubtful, there could be metal scrapings, and I don't know what metal the tip/razor is, so could be harmful, but most likely minute/not, still should be sa
fe.

You will now have decently sharpened the tip of the needle, tap it with your finger and you'll easily notice it has gotten much sharper. If seen close up before/after pics of needles and doing this, works excellent. Just make sure you angle the blade correctly or you will make it worse, and dull the tip more.

Also, for the record I've shot in hands/feet/arms/legs/pelvis area's before. (by pelvis, where your stomach and your leg connected, up and to the side of where your junk would be)

I would say try on top of your hand, IME that's the easiest place for me to hit when all I had was dull needles because the vein is close to the skin and generally if you use what I call the tapping method (tapping the end of the gear into the skin) you shouldn't have to much trouble registering. But anyway good luck, and be careful and safe!

I really hate to say that this is bad advice but it is; with a dull needle, your hand veins are the LAST ones you want to use. They are so small that the damage from a used needle typically causes your shot to not work, and worst of all it could cause the vein to collapse, or at least disappear only to come back days/a week or two down the road if you're lucky enough for it not to collapse.

I would only recommend someone use their hand veins with a new needle. After one puncture, the needle really shouldn't be used for tiny veins, because they have less room for error/damage.

i was rather seeking out the answers to my questions. OBVIOUSLY i should use a new needle, so thanks for rubbing that in my face.

i was rather seeking out the answers to my questions. OBVIOUSLY i should use a new needle, so thanks for rubbing that in my face.

Well unsui I sadly don't have any black tar heroin experience, nor would I willingly use a needle six or seven times over, so I am sorry to say I'm not sure what else I can offer as help or advice.

I hope that whatever you choose to do works for you, and if you do choose to inject, I really hope you don't get any IV complications. No matter what type of IV complication you may acquire, they all suck, and it's never fun to experience one.

Best of luck.

One last thought; would you be willing to switch to smoking/water lining the BTH, at least until you can buy a box of needles online and it arrives?

OP don't do this, you will scar the shit out of your hands using a dull as needle. Get some really fine grit sandpaper and sharpen the needle tips as a last resort following the same angle they are already sharpened at. That's last resort though, if you can't get syringes at a store or local needle exchange then order them online (PO box if you live with parents, they're 9$ or something for a month), like DexterMeth said you shouldn't be shooting up if you don't have access to clean needles IMO, use a different ROA (which I know is hard once you're an IDU) until you can get new rigs... :\

PS - Check out this Opiophile thread for some good excuses to need a bag of fits given to a IDU in a similar situation as you... good luck and try a few pharmacies, don't give up easily your body and veins will thank you in the long run, trust me.

http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=32411

[*]Get a razor blade, not from a razor or a thin one, but one you can easily hold and be able to apply significant pressure to.

-exacto blade
..and I don't know what metal the tip/razor is, so could be harmful, but most likely minute/not, still should be sa
[/LIST]fe.

I'm not ragging on you, but you really shouldn't just automatically assume something so dangerous is safe.

I'm not ragging on you, but you really shouldn't just automatically assume something so dangerous is safe.

I made the assumption that the metal on the needle would most likely be safe, as I doubt using lead for tips would be a good idea, however, I in no way say it is safe, and suggest washing them to make them less dangerous, but with metalogical reports on tip/razor of course this could be very dangerous

i ordered a pack of needles last night and just wanted to get high today before i have to stop and wait for those to arrive. snorting/smoking is out of the question as my tolerance is way too high. and i'm not dumb enough to shoot up in my hands with a dull needle (ouch!). i guess nobody can answer my questions, so i'll ask a new one.... i just ended up shooting into a vein that i don't use often because i believe i had collapsed it around 2-3 yrs ago, but it's visible now and i've shot into it in a spot lower down my forearm. well i shot into it a little bit higher up by forearm (since there was a missed shot at the bottom) and i registered, and halfway thru the shot i began to feel a tingle sensation that would start to burn or something, yet the pain wasn't even near the injection site. i felt the pain, as i was shooting up, about 6 inches up my arm from the injection site and now it's all red as if i've missed a shot or something. anybody have any idea as to why this would occur?

i ordered a pack of needles last night and just wanted to get high today before i have to stop and wait for those to arrive. snorting/smoking is out of the question as my tolerance is way too high. and i'm not dumb enough to shoot up in my hands with a dull needle (ouch!). i guess nobody can answer my questions, so i'll ask a new one.... i just ended up shooting into a vein that i don't use often because i believe i had collapsed it around 2-3 yrs ago, but it's visible now and i've shot into it in a spot lower down my forearm. well i shot into it a little bit higher up by forearm (since there was a missed shot at the bottom) and i registered, and halfway thru the shot i began to feel a tingle sensation that would start to burn or something, yet the pain wasn't even near the injection site. i felt the pain, as i was shooting up, about 6 inches up my arm from the injection site and now it's all red as if i've missed a shot or something. anybody have any idea as to why this would occur?

It sounds like a histamine reaction, a histamine reaction can swell just as much, if not more so, than a missed shot, and it can get just as red. I'm not 100% certain or anything, but it's a possibility.

Yeah, for the the sake of harm reduction, I don't think anyone should attempt to sharpen a needle.

Well god damn everyone tore me apart on this one including the OP, in my defense I put IME, which obviously means it worked for me, assuming everyone here knows that it may not work for everyone is assumed, and OP don't cry about it hurting that comes with the territory and while I'm on the subject so do scars. Good night Bluelight thanks for my first flaming guys lol.

I have sharpened a needle it worked reasonably well im still here no major complications. Doesn't mean its good harm reduction advice as its not. Honestly if the needle is too dull for the arm its too dull period