• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Injecting into places other than arms

^ What about my suggestion of using aspirin to prevent your blood clotting the syringes?

I'm gonna try that one out myself, Mr Blonde. Ingenious indeed. Plus may possibly be a small assistance with vasoconstriction when shooting stims. Bonus :)

I have to tell you,m regardless of what happens, clogging or not, you nee to stop, or start using 30 or 31 gauge needles. Thats what i now use and have always used. As long as you filtered your tar well, and inject as soon as you register, you will be laughing all the way to getting high.

I am a 24 year old man, and My veins hide well. So when I need to hit the more visible ones, since i hate digging, I always hit them, and good enough to inject in a matter of a few seconds. The ones on the top of my hand., and foot, are so easy to hit with the 31 gauge,

check your ankle...i feel you, dope messed my veins up good but 3 months of shooting coke and im without a vein on my body...I've gone into my penis once with a 30 gauge 1 cc syringe, do not ever do this dudes, its extremely hard to hit. Try looking in the mirror and holding your breath to see if u got a good jugular vein...other then that you gotta start skin popping not much you can really do when your outta veins

I actually had a "long orange" (about 1 1/2'') snap off in my groin, and had to have it removed via a 5-day stay in hospital.

Once you get to the point of having to hunt round for veins like this you really are on a downwards spiral.

Have you checked the top of your arms? I got by on them for a long time - there are loads there..

You have two veins that run along the bottom of your tongue, but I'm not sure how dangerous it would be to use them. Hope everything works out so that you can keep using heroin!

^ i think that might work, because i had taken some ibuprofen a couple hours before IVing my dose once and it seemed like my blood was more "liquidy" if that makes any sense. It also made my blood a little brighter than usual also. At first i thought "oh shit i hit an artery" but it wasn't lol.

EDIT: I think ibuprofen thins blood.. it seemed it to me anyway.

If you're not properly hydrated, your vein blood might be lighter than normal.

check your ankle...i feel you, dope messed my veins up good but 3 months of shooting coke and im without a vein on my body...I've gone into my penis once with a 30 gauge 1 cc syringe, do not ever do this dudes, its extremely hard to hit. Try looking in the mirror and holding your breath to see if u got a good jugular vein...other then that you gotta start skin popping not much you can really do when your outta veins

It's a bad idea to advise people to start skin popping. Subcutaneous injections of street drugs often results in terrible things. :\

You have two veins that run along the bottom of your tongue, but I'm not sure how dangerous it would be to use them. Hope everything works out so that you can keep using heroin!

You cannot inject in your tongue; your saliva would render it an unsafe area for injection.

Please don't recommend things if you're not sure about them.

Last edited:
HeroinSik, you're not alone! I never had good veins to begin with, and a couple years of IV use destroyed my veins entirely. Mostly it was from re-using needles when my boyfriend and I were out of money or couldn't get to the exchange, which if I had to do over again, I definitely would. I've been using the tiny ones in my hands lately as well and also noticed massive swelling, which is extremely painful! Feet are just about impossible. The few times I have managed to hit one in my foot were excruciating.
I know this is going to sound horrible, but have you ever tried using veins in the center of your forehead? These are good veins that have lasted me a while, and because of the close proximity to the brain, the rush is fast-acting and very strong. I would NOT recommend using a needle in these veins that is the slightest bit dull, or using the same spot in your forehead repeatedly. No one wants tracks on their face! :| Hitting up near the hair line is a safe bet because the spots won't be visible, unless you're fishing around a bunch. It's crucial that you make a very clean stick every time.

^ just the thought of someone sticking a needle in their forehead frightens me lol..
I'm glad i still have good veins.

Just make sure you get a vein not an artery if you're hitting up veins in your face. Blood pissing out your forehead is not a good look. And the swelling doesn't look too clever either. And it's ow.

Please don't try to hit your femoral vein, subclavian vein or any other deep, "central" vein. You are right, this is 100 percent a blind stick and large arteries run directly next to these vessels. The risk of arterial stick is high and these types of bleeds are NONcompressible. Risk of systemic infection very high too. It's not worth the risk. I Understand you're frustrated... Sorry you're having troubles, maybe you could use IM or smoking for awhile& see if some of your veins recover. Good luck

im getting to the point where im losing so many hits/snowballs/herin mixed with crack that im seriously considering my groin,im 34 started using 12 years ago and ive o veis i can fing tho i never gone in palms of hands man thats nutty ad painful too id imagine,1 problem im from london uk well i live here im born n raised in glasgow scotland but when i started chasing dragon on tinfoil in 96 i lost my job and same story aim jim thanks.s yall stealing shoplifting homeless etc so i came 2 london in 2000 10 yrs ago i have 14 yr old son aint seen him since 98 in prison barlinnie on remand for shoplifting then she sent a dear john.so i get out and a guy says ill get your groin with a set of 1ml tools and the cunt hit an artery and the PAIIIIIIIIIIIN SHOT DOWN BACK OF MY LEG ALONG MY FOOT LIKE WORST PAIN EVER,i was ok but im hesitant as of that incident 13 yrs ago when it was my first hit why didnt he use my mainline?im on 120 ml 1mg/1ml methadone per day with 60 mg diazepam and 90 mls of nitrazepam at bedtime.
i smoke my crack now rather than miss a vein in arm/leg whatever but i know a nurse whos gonna show me how to do it correct spot as i miss the buzz and taste of a snowball!!!!!!!!when you get a good vein and its paradise then a nice flush.i just joined 2day id love to meet some females with drug problems like me im goodvlooking stocky nice white smile 5ft 10 170bs brown short hair
preferably londo uk or usa.im jim x

you should REALLY try and workout,intensly!! will help with the small vein problem

i have found some weird veins in my life ,one running right under your pinky on your palm ,like open your hand and turn it so your thumb is facing OUTWARD ,mine was right at the wrist joint

another was righ under my bicep ,like the femoral vein i had to push to hit it,but the artery is right there as well,ive hit the artery a few times so be careful,but i would rcomend working out ...hard do some straining get some oxygen in them veins to do some stretching

^ What about my suggestion of using aspirin to prevent your blood clotting the syringes?

I'm gonna try that one out myself, Mr Blonde. Ingenious indeed. Plus may possibly be a small assistance with vasoconstriction when shooting stims. Bonus :)

^ Let us know how it works out Shambles. :)

Better late than never... Aspirin did help a bit - especially when shooting stims - but it's no magic cure. A definite improvement though so thanks for the tip, Mr B :)

My heart Shatter's everytime i read thread's like these, or anything Related to Heroin.
I've lost close one's to major heroin addiction's, and i know you dont want lectures.

If you can't find a vein, (Not to be rude) it might be time to think about stopping :)
Rolling - Smc's - Smoke Pot - try to get prescribed adderall..
I'm only 16, and have never done heroin and have commited myself to keeping it that way.
have fun.. but stay safe, Pleaseeee. Self Motivation and willpower might be stronger than you thinkk :) to be honest, i dont really know what to say to convince you to stop.. but even though i don't know you, I care for you and i know there's other people in ur life that do too.

Ps - im very fucked up right now, and that's off the top of my head, however i really do mean it. whatever your response is to this, Good or bad.. or none at all, Stay safe - have fun <3

Hmmm, I better start working out more and pumping up those veins, just in case I start shooting my roxies! Had someone shoot me up before, felt real nice, but that was years ago and have only been snorting since.

But would the risks of infection with a catheter, be so much higher than the risks of infection with a needle, that it outweighs all the benefits? (no diseases from shared needles, no missed injections, less vein trauma, etc.) Also you need to take care of them but not so much more so than needles. Just add an anticoagulant to your hit and keep the actual area clean, much like needle use sites.

edit: sorry if this is off topic

Actually I think the risk would be higher for most people if they decided to use a catheter. Why do you say there would be no more shared needles? You can still share a needle to inject it into your catheter. And having a portal into your body constantly open and exposed sounds very risky/dangerous to me, not to mention gross.

Whatever you do DON'T skin-pop. It will cause abscesses real quick. I have a friend that used to live in B-more that has 2 or 3 holes in her arms from skin-popping. It looks like she was shot in her arms with a .357.

If anyone is reading this and needs a specific answer to a question about how, where, and when to soot something PM me. I mite be able to lend some advise..