• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v2.0

Lorne??? said:
especially with multiple doses, it blocks the enzyme that converts codiene and tramadol into their active Mu opioids (Morphine for codiene, M1 for Tramadol)

Hey there bud! Your post was so spot-on, I hate to do this, but you know it's like a tick of mine--when you said M1 what you meant was O-desmethyltramadol, I'm sure you're aware (M1 refers to (one of) the muscarinic acetylcholine receptors, which don't play a role here, other than with certain old-school anti-histamines).

Anyway, glad to see you're well, and back in your old forum!

8) Of course Scrofula

To elaborate, tramadol has multiple metabolites, nor tramadol, (?) from r example. I can't remember all of this stuff, and they , although your right, they do, in a certain kind of context I guess, refer to tramadols metabolites as simply M1-M3(could be an M4, he/she!/ it can message me if they gots a problem)

Anyway, M1 in this context simply means "metabolite 1 " which is O-DM Tramadol, as you pointed out - However M1 is a designation commonly used to refer to it in research (that kind of context! I figured it out) and the specific pharmacology of opioids, I guess
- they occasionally use the designation with other opioids (and probably other stuff) , with M1 being the primary, or possibly active metabolite, if the primary metabolite is not the active metabolite
(which doesn't make any sense, though throwing it out there)

Really, it's just my laziness again, although they do use M1 for trams activr metabolite, among other things

Stay around, Scrofula, keep me on my toes - Wtf does that really mean?) Anyway, glad �� you are back around in your forum, friend

I use to mix a lot of tramadols and benzo with H use and always even if benzo or tramadols werent around i always did H and bottle vodka or brandy with it. Those two just had a synergy effect i like a lot. But the H this is not always good.

Due to circumstances with drug testing, the only opiate I can take Is kratom. I?ve noticed If you take 2g of phenibut then after 2 hours you take 500mg tagamet, then kratom (or any prefered opiate) an hour later you will almost have a guarenteed nod

Due to circumstances with drug testing, the only opiate I can take Is kratom. I?ve noticed If you take 2g of phenibut then after 2 hours you take 500mg tagamet, then kratom (or any prefered opiate) an hour later you will almost have a guarenteed nod

I just moved to get off of dope for like the 5th time lol.. used kratom to help with withdrawal but never tried to abuse it. I'm starting to get to that fuck it point where I'm tempted to go source a dealer. But honestly, this may be a better option lol.

2mg dilauded crushed mixed with "1 line" of cocaine. Much stronger than either one by itself.

Seriously? I?ve gone all out back in the day, but even I know a ?speedball? is a horrible idea.

People, don?t do this. And if you can, you need help. No no no jezzz Rick

the best opiate poteniater is a nice content blanket wrapped around you then you get so high you dont even remember the high.. Atleast its less addictive if you sleep through it you feel pretty good when you wake up to

Just a quick question as im very new to here so may not understand some of the rules. But is promethazine the same as piriton for potentiating codeine??? And if so, how much should I take?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies! How much should one take, and if one should, would the piriton (antihistamine) potentate the codeine?

Apologies! How much should one take, and if one should, would the piriton (antihistamine) potentate the codeine?

It would make next to no difference at all....

People often use Promethazine (Boots Sominex) with codeine (called lean in the States) but it's arguable whether or does anything at all bar make you tired...

Just take the codeine on its own...

And welcome to bluelight mate :)

It would make next to no difference at all....People often use Promethazine (Boots Sominex) with codeine (called lean in the States) but it's arguable whether or does anything at all bar make you tired...Just take the codeine on its own...And welcome to bluelight mate :)
don't buy sominex! Buy the phenergen tablets its the same active ingredients but a lot more for your money

Last edited by a moderator:
don't buy sominex! Buy the phenergen tablets its the same active ingredients but a lot more for your money

For some bizzare reason they don't like us discussing prices in this sub forum (even for OTC meds and even though it's fine to do so over in EADD).

I've never been offered a good reason why since its all the same forum, ie.Bluelight but jump from one sub to another and the "rules" change....

But, fuck it lol..

I've only ever seen the Sominex on the shelf and just mentioned it so he'd know what peomethaxine is commonly sold as. My point was m don't use either to potentiate codeine since all the Promethazine seems to so is make you sleepy..

To answer your question, chlorphenamine (piriton) will block the enzyme responsible for the conversion of codeine into morphine, so it most likely will decrease the effects of codeine, not potentiate them (it may make you drowsy so this could be seen as potentiation)

kleinerkiffer; said:
To answer your question, chlorphenamine (piriton) will block the enzyme responsible for the conversion of codeine into morphine, so it most likely will decrease the effects of codeine, not potentiate them (it may make you drowsy so this could be seen as potentiation)

^ Oddly enough this seems to also happen with Promethazine. Second generation/ newer antihistamines seem like the better option unless sedation is the reason for use.

Promethazine and chlorpheniramine inhibited CYP2D6 at concentrations that are very close to their therapeutic plasma concentrations.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11936702

Last edited:
You know sometimes w my high comes back when I lay down under a duvet after sitting/standing up for a while

Gabapentin, Hydroxyzine, are the "Main" potentiators I use, and are the most "safest" & "effective" IMO... And are easy as fuck to obtain from a doctor, well for me.