• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v2.0

Hyoscine is scopolamine. But I don't think the doses enhancing the nod are like 600mg. 600mg of scopolamine would kill you (look up doses for atropine used in asystole). Also, I guess you mean hyoscine hydrobromide but hyoscine butylbromide which is a different thing. Scopolamine used to be used with morphine to potentiate analgesic effects.

Scopolamine butylbromide is OTC here but I don't use it. I prefer to take one 6mg dextrobrompheniramine / 120mg pseudoephedrine along with my methadone. And if I'm not lazy, I make stocks of Atropa belladonna (Deadly nightshade) leaves. 200-250mg of leavesp smoked brings that twilight dream.

If you are interested in mixing OXY and PROMETH like me than this is the best pill saving dosage combo:

1. 30mg OC......not OP (I hate the new time release bullshit with that jelly)
2. 125 mg of Promethazine tablets (benadryl works too)

***note: take the promethazine or benadryl tablets 30 min before taking the OC.. i would also recommend doing this on a light stomach to maximize the effects..

bassically the promethazine is able to increase the power of the OC by almost half more!!! it also helps you from not scratching yourself to the bone.

HAVE FUN YALL!

Guys please why wont anyone answer my question ?!

I will ask again....can you induce potentiation after you have already ingested the drug ?

I asked this earlier and when no one answered so I tried it out, I took 10mg Oxy and soon as I felt it kicking in about 45 mins later I drank a glass of pure grapefruit juice and just when I thought the Oxy rush was over I then got a second wave rush induced from the grapefruit juice, but it felt unpleasant.

Now I dont know if what I felt was from potentiating but I asumed it was because I dont usually get a second rush after the first ones over. So can anyone confirm if potentiating about an hour after ingesting can cause this? People usually potentiate before they take the drug so I want to know if my method is valid? I have a very fast metobolism and it usually takes me around 15 - 30 minutes for anything ingest to take effects so it wasnt long befor ethe grapefruit juice kicked in whilst I was already feeling the effects of the oxy.

^^Altered, you can, but at the same time you can't....I went through a phase where I would take diphenhydramine (and hydroxyzine when I could get it) about an hour or so after taking a Norco...or three. Anyway, the point of the antihistamine wasn't really to potentiate the hydrocodone, I general pre-load with lorazepam or cannabis for this purpose, but mostly to knock down the itching. I have since changed my opiate cocktail formula many times over, but the point is the diphenhydramine brought some the opiate peak effects back. It was most likely due to the increased sedation that first generation antihistamines are so damn good at making combining with the other sedatives (usually lorazepam) in my system.

It is certainly worth more research and testing out personally though!

Thanks for replying, you said pharased that better than I did when you said it "brought some the opiate peak effects back" that exactly what I was asking, whether potentiating afterwards can bring back some of the opiates peak effects.

Not a problem, I still think it is hit-or-miss though, and I've noticed that even though the nice warmth comes back it is short-lived.

The best way to get it back is to take more opiates :)

The best way to get it back is to take more opiates :)

Yea on that note I have another question... Does potentiating give you the exact same effect as just taking a higher dose of the drug ? Say you had acess to unlimited supply of Oxycodone then I assume one would not need to ever potentiate ? Unless of course potentiating gave you an additional different sensation or high then just taking a higher dose of the drug or made it last longer?

True potentiation would cause it to feel exactly like you took more of the same drug, playing with a Cytochrome P450 enzyme inhibitor (such as cimetidine)...shameless copied from Pink1966Floyd's post on the first page of this thread! does that.

If I had access to an unlimited amount of oxycodone I would still probably take benzos and/or antihistamines with it, mainly to enhance the nod while getting rid of the itches. Oxycodone is one of the more itchy opiates, at least to me.

Now if I had an unlimited supply of oxycodone and hydroxyzine, that would be another story :)

Thanks again, you sure are knowledgeable. If there isn't any additional enhancements from potentiating as opposed to taking more of the drug I dont think I will bother with it.

I thought I read someone say potentiating makes the effects of the drug last longer in duration which is not something you can achieve by taking a higher dose but its probably wrong.

It really depends on you personally, some people get a lot more out of taking the extra steps to potentiate whereas other people don't get much of anything. It has to do with tolerance as well as individual reaction to all the other drugs you're taking to enhance the original drug you took...remember everybody reacts differently to every drug. So you really just gotta experiment and find out what works best for you. A lot of times I add other things just to make my supply last longer, if I could take more of the opiate in question I would just do that. So it really depends on your supply situation as well.

This thread has pretty much everything you too need to play with the different combinations. It sounds like opiates are your DOC (they're mine too :p) you're well aware (I'm sure) of the cautions that need to be taken when it comes to combining opiates and other strong depressants such as benzos and alcohol.

@ blazelate
Read through the second post (on the first page) of this thread, they're all good potentiators :)

A lot of times I add other things just to make my supply last longer, if I could take more of the opiate in question I would just do that.

Hi again,

Rather then making the "supply" last longer I was wondering whether potentiation makes the "effects" last longer. Say the opiate peak lasts about 30 minutes, can taking potentiators stretch that to say 1 hr? Because your inhibiting liver enzymes can it actually cause the drug to be absorbed a lot slower thus causing longer duration and more enjoyable high as opposed to just taking a higher dose of the drug ?

Last edited:
I found that 600mg tagamet taken 30mins after 80mg insufflation of oxymorphone did not do anything I could feel, lol

Oh you talkin bout exorcist type dessert-launching? It's like I swallowed an inter-continental-ballistic missile, lol

Rather then making the "supply" last longer I was wondering whether potentiation makes the "effects" last longer.
Yes that's exactly what I do with them (grafefruit, cimetidine to extend my methadone). See, e.g.:
"Background and objectives: Cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A4 is the main CYP isozyme involved in methadone metabolism. We investigated the influence of grapefruit juice, which contains inhibitors of intestinal CYP3A, on the steady-state pharmacokinetics of methadone.

Methods: For 5 days, 8 patients undergoing methadone maintenance treatment received 200 mL water or grapefruit juice 30 minutes before and again together with their daily dose of methadone. ...

Results: A decrease in the midazolam ratio was measured in all patients after grapefruit juice (mean SD before grapefruit juice, 9.3 5.9; mean SD after grapefruit juice, 3.9 1.2; P < .05). Grapefruit juice led to a mean 17% increase in the area under the curve** extrapolated to 24 hours for both enantiomers of methadone (range, 3% to 29% [P < .005]; range, -4% to 37% [P < .05]; and range, 1% to 32% [P < .01]; for R-, S-, and R,S-methadone, respectively). A similar increase in peak level and decrease in apparent clearance were measured with grapefruit juice, whereas time to peak level, terminal half-life, and apparent volume during the terminal phase of R-, S-, and R,S-methadone were not affected by grapefruit juice. No symptom of overmedication was either detected by the clinical staff or reported by the patients.

Conclusions: Grapefruit juice administration is associated with a modest increase in methadone bioavailability, which is not expected to endanger patients...."
Benmebarek et al. 2004. "Effects of grapefruit juice on the pharmacokinetics of the enantiomers of methadone." Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics 76, 55–63. http://www.nature.com/clpt/journal/v76/n1/abs/clpt2004460a.html
I'll be honest, I was kinda disappointed to see it wasn't considered dangerously effective. haha no big deal here, right, but normal people would think I'm sick I bet.
Btw wtf is the "midazolam ratio"? Not a typo (not mine anyway) for methadone. Some measure developed in research on midazolam (if so: confusing, poor choice)?

** EDIT: "Area under the curve," if I'm not mistaken, refers to the area between the x-axis (here, representing time) and a line showing values for how much drug remains in the body at any moment. Calculated by taking the integral. But it has a simple everyday interpretation: In practical terms, it's close to "having a total of 17% more drug in your blood, on average, over the entire course of one day." The peak doesn't actually happen to be significantly higher, but the line (average levels of drug) is somewhat higher throughout, especially after absorption to peak levels (i.e., with GrapeFruit, some of the time there is more than 17% extra drug compared to without GF, sometimes less).
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong or provide a simpler translation.

Last edited:
Btw wtf is the "midazolam ratio"? Not a typo (not mine anyway) for methadone? Some measure developed in research on midazolam (if so: confusing, poor choice)?

I was wondering the same thing...

I am planning to use 10-20mg of Loperamide to potentiate pod tea in addition to my normal potentiators of chelated magnesium glycinate, naproxen (naproxen only once a week, accounting for risk of ulcers), DXM (taken when naproxen isnt).

The theory is that the Loper will occupy the opioid receptors in the intestines so MORE of the pod tea opiates go to the brain (still accounting for morphine's low bioavailability orally). If the science is unsound in this please don't hesitate to reply.

I understand the risk of increased bad stuff like impacted colons and stuff but I'm a pretty big guy and constipation has never been too much of an issue on or off opiates or opioids.

I've decided against white grapefruit juice and/or cimetidine because I actually feel more warm when the codeine in poppy tea hits me -- I know there's a limit to how much codeine can be psychoactive at a time.

Last edited:
When I was researching opioids I read somewhere that CNS stimulants have the potential to increase the potency of opioids

Yes, I read that ephedrine in particular can potentiate morphine's analgesia. I'm not sure whether that means it'll increase the high or just the pain relief.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8067229

I use Ephedrine as part of ECA stack at times and have combined it with opiates before and found no potentiation personally.