• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v2.0

Lemon Juice inhibits CYP450 enzymes almost as well as Grapefruit -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Sorry, no intent to double-post, but methinks this belongs here. PM me to request I remove anything redundant with other posts.)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18968322
Application to drug-food interactions of living cells as in vitro model expressing cytochrome P450 activity: enzyme inhibition by lemon juice.
Baltes MR, Dubois JG, Hanocq M. Talanta. 2001 Jun 21;54(5):983-7.

Abstract
... Grapefruit juice is a well-known potent inhibitor of cytochrome P450 3A4 activity. With regard to the clinical relevance of grapefruit juice-drug interactions, an investigation of other common juices is undertaken with this in vitro model.... It is demonstrated for the first time that lemon juice significantly inhibits by 60+/-3% the CYP3A4-mediated oxidation. Grapefruit juice inhibits this activity by 82+/-4%. The mechanism of lemon juice inhibition is competitive, whereas it is mixed for grapefruit juice. ...
Lemon juice -- better, lemonade -- works almost as well as grapefruit juice at potentiating almost any opioid. (This does not apply to codeine, which works by being metabolized into morphine. Others?)

Lemon juice, like Grapefruit Juice, Cimetidine, and other substances, potentiates by inhibiting one or more of the CYP450 liver enzymes responsible for metabolism of opioids.

Star Fruit, too, among others. Useful to check specific fruits, esp. citrus, since many have some degree of inhibition.

Here is a table showing selected CYP450 substrates, inhibitors (i.e., potentiators), and inducers. Broken down by specific enzyme (e.g., 3A4 & 2D6, those most responsible for opioid metabolism; inhibiting them is good for opis):
See also:

Need advice: Best potentiator for oxymorphone?

Hey guys...I know tagamet is supposed to be good but I dont have any of that. I'm also out of atarax haha. But I've got benzos, muscle relaxers, and then most of the normal spine damager/back pain meds.

So what is a really good and not to difficult to obtain potentiator for oxymorphone?

Milkshake from Mcdonalds, just try it, trust me, eat one 30 minutes before, let me know

are you blowing or swallowing them? if swallowing, i heard having alcohol in your system helps BA. probably cant hurt with snorting either.

also, greasy/fatty foods 45min before hand, like mentioned above.

weed brings out the euphoria in an opiate more than anything else, for me at least.

valium feels great with opana. so does alcohol.

gotta be careful when mixing CNS depressants though, esp with opana.

lol i had some chips and guacamole b4 snorting a few opanas, 4 wasn't enough but 8 made me pass out for 12 hours and vomit everywhere and on everything hahaha

We have a mega thread for opiate potentiation, I'll merge this into that thread.

Hi Captain H.How are you,i hope you're full..I'll try to be soon,i take durogesic 100mg for 7 years,h once a week now,snorting and not too much,less than 500 mg.I ate 12 fuckin tagamets and i didn't feel anything,nothing at fuckin all!!:? Can you suggest me something,all the potentiations are for OC and hydro and others,fent doesn't play..Anwer me if you know and if you're not boring,and if you want add me to your friend's list and tell me to do the same.I'm new in BL and i really like it,but if you don't want to add me,just tell me and there's no problem:).I hope that my english was not so bad..See you.

Hi, i think that if you click your name at the top(and right)on your screen,it will show you!do it and i'm sure that you'll understand it:)

Wow,what the fuck did i understand..i thought that you didn't know how to add a friend...maybe the 12 worked..You mean that i'm kind,i have good manners etc.?:\

I like to stimulate my morphine "ms-contin" with Ephedrine: Anywhere from 25mg to 100mg ephedrine mix with 100mg - 200mg ms contin. I know most here like to enhance the sedative and depressant properties, but i like to stimulate. Helps me get through my work day or just be more productive. Sudafed will work as well, just not as good.

I find Damiana really enhances the euphoria when on opiates. Had an infusion from 15g of Damiana dry leaf after I'd had my poppy tea, never felt so euphoric!%)

Interesting, I looked it up and it's a natural thing and really cheap looks like, 1-5$ LOL, I'll have to order some

I know this has already been mentioned, but I thought I'd add my two cents from personal experience. I find 25 mg of Hydroxyzine nicely potentates anywhere from 40-60 mg of Oxycodone.

I like my morphine ... [with] 25mg to 100mg ephedrine... [to] get through my work day ... be more productive. [&] Sudafed...
Interesting, never heard that about opioids + the "-pheds". (Pero con la cocaina, claro, si.)
I do use downers of various species for the same. Are the combination's effects:

Simply "doing 2 drugs at once" (i.e., complimentary effects?), or

Do you believe they actually "potentiate" ?? , for example:

--if combined effects are greater than the sum of the 2 individually;
--qualitatively different effects are due to combo and can't be felt with either alone;
--or duration of effects is extended?
I've always liked mixing ups (mild) with downs (as heavily as supply permits): Relaxation with motivation!
Figured effects were strictly complimentary, each mitigating the other's negatives.
Never sought book learning about this topic specifically, though.
Anyone know if it's "true" potentiation? (IMO, it IS true funness -- & mas importante, es bien tonic of getthrumyworkdayproductively.)

When I was researching opioids I read somewhere that CNS stimulants have the potential to increase the potency of opioids

hyoscine hydrobromide is by far the best potentiator i have found.in the uk it is available otc as travel sickness pills,and is very cheap and far superior to benzos etc.give it a bash(3/4 tablets)and i know you wont be dissapointed.

hyoscine hydrobromide is by far the best potentiator i have found.in the uk it is available otc as travel sickness pills,and is very cheap and far superior to benzos etc.give it a bash(3/4 tablets)and i know you wont be dissapointed.

I find the Hyoscine Hydrobromide to be effective.

600 mg enhanses the nod, though 1200 mg leaves me feeling really strange, and my eyesight blurs.

I have a question...Can potentiation be induced after ingesting the drug to achieve a second high ?

Lets say the most intense part of the drug causes you a rush or nodding and lasts for about 30 minutes so say if you took the potentiater soon as you began to nod can the poetentiater induce a second round high just as you begin to come down off the nod?