• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v2.0

For the love of god, since the LAST opiate potnetiation thread was a zillion pages long, I respectfully suggest that people ONLY post legit questions and answers. Let's not bloat this thread with posts like "lol" and "thanks!"

Remember, future generations are going to have to read this entire thread looking for suggestions, let's make it easy for them and not fill this thread with unnecessary posts.
Hear Hear Mr Burrows. Oh fuk, did I just faux pas :X <3
Hari Om
edtree

"I'm high and happy and needed a laugh, please sir I beg you don't kick me in the arse"

Last edited:
My routine is as follows for oxycodone:
800mg cimetidine 1hr before dose
60mg dxm and 2 1/2 naproxen sodium pills (if I'm not drinking) 30min before dose.
2250mg of calcium carbonate (3 smoothie tums) to basify the stomach a little (if I'm eating it, skip if snorting) 10 min before dose.
Then dose.
Then snort half of a unisom (12.5mg of doxylamine succinate I think) when I feel effects. Insufflation of unisom has a higher BA than oral, and I can feel the sedation kick in fast. It goes well with the opiate buzz for me. Lot's of nod. Like now when I'm trying to type this haha.
If I'm not trying to scratch like a fiend I'll subsititute oral diphenhydramine (1 pill) for the unisom, but I prefer the unisom effects.

Last edited:
I found dimenhydrinate (8-chlorotheophylline salt of diphenhydramine) totally useless. I got totally confused instead of opioid potentiation. Alkylamines are far better than ethanolamines. And atropine with scopolamine beat them all. I smoke 200-250mg of leaves of Atropa belladonna 2 hours after drinking methadone syrup and taking clonazepam and I'm nodding off on a pretty low dose of methadone. Anyway I can't kill this damned anxiety when I'm a bit more sober and that's killing me.

I haven't read about mixing Opiates with Rohypnol (Roofies) on here, and since it was my favorite combo for a long time back in the days. Rohypnol first and then H, since with the opposite, you don't really feel the Roofies!
I used Roofies either with booze or with Codeine for many years first before doing H.
Later with mixing them, i used to get so out of it that i woke up 1 day to find myself standing up in the hallway outside my apartment! and at around the same time in my life, a buddy of mine was very much into coke and was also using Roofies to come down, so i remember well (how ironic) the image of having a plate in front of me with 3 different substances; H, Blow and Roofies :)
Depending on what time of the day it was or what we would be doing at the time, we'd mix with whatever ratio we would find suitable, an create some SuperDuperMultiColorfulMegaLine(s) and head to the moon :)
Good times...what's left from it in my memory...it's very much like a big jigsaw puzzle, and some pieces are lost forever.

"What doesn't kill you, make you stronger"

Last edited:
Methadone and TUM's a lovely combo

So I am on MMT and am always trying new ways to make my methadone more fun. Ya know double dose, benzos, herb, etc. So today a friend at the clinic hands me a handful of tums and tells me to chew them all up. He tells me they slow down metabolism of the methadone therefore leading to more being absorbed, etc. So an hour later and WHAM! I was nodding hard. Anyone else tried tums before?

You mean I eat calcium carbonate and and my methadone dose works better? Jesus, and there isn't a single day I don't hold a piece of chalk in my hand... I even used to eat chalk long time ago and that was justified by a doctor stating that my organism supplements calcium in this way. And no, it isn't calcium sulfate dihydrate.

Is it another myth or is it for real? And is it about calcium carbonate?

EDIT: Yeah, it's CaCO3 and MgCO3. Magnesium works good for constipation BTW.=D

I know where this comes from... Methadone "likes" alkaline environment better, it absorbs from stomach better when pH is higher. So basically, you could even drink sodium dicarbonate water solution to get the same effect. It's not about some magic in Tums (R), it's just chemistry. And both calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate have slightly alkaline reaction but to such an extent it doesn't hurt your stomach so it's OTC.

So, it's not about methadone metabolism change. It's about methadone absorption rate which can really vary orally depending on pH in your stomach. I guess they should start adding some weak antacid to syrups and tablets as 90% absorption rate is demanded, right? And it can drop to 50% or even less...

Last edited:
You mean I eat calcium carbonate and and my methadone dose works better? Jesus, and there isn't a single day I don't hold a piece of chalk in my hand... I even used to eat chalk long time ago and that was justified by a doctor stating that my organism supplements calcium in this way. And no, it isn't calcium sulfate dihydrate.

Is it another myth or is it for real? And is it about calcium carbonate?

EDIT: Yeah, it's CaCO3 and MgCO3. Magnesium works good for constipation BTW.=D

I know where this comes from... Methadone "likes" alkaline environment better, it absorbs from stomach better when pH is higher. So basically, you could even drink sodium dicarbonate water solution to get the same effect. It's not about some magic in Tums (R), it's just chemistry. And both calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate have slightly alkaline reaction but to such an extent it doesn't hurt your stomach so it's OTC.

So, it's not about methadone metabolism change. It's about methadone absorption rate which can really vary orally depending on pH in your stomach. I guess they should start adding some weak antacid to syrups and tablets as 90% absorption rate is demanded, right? And it can drop to 50% or even less...

makes sense to me

Hang on though; is ph balance a personal thing ie something we have to measure as individuals?
and does taking substances regularly change ones natural ph balance?
I wonder if regularly taking some form of gut bacteria restorer/pro-biotic might help to maintain ones ph levels?
Hari Om
edtree

So taking tums with done... How many tums did you eat?
do you think this could be dangerous for some one such as myself, who doesn't dose methadone everyday, but takes around 65mg when I do dose? I usually take methadone once or twice a week. I usually get pretty high, but sometimes I wouldn't mind a bit more of a high...

I have found methadone gives me a lot of energy, but when I lay down and really focus on it, I can get a tasty nod and some pretty heavy respiratory depression...

I have a bunch of 5mg Cyclobenzaprine's just laying around. How well does it work with opiates?

^Many people like to use cyclobenzaprine to potentiate opioids... as an anticholinergic that is closely related to tricyclic antidepressants (which were synthesized from first generation antihistamines such as diphenhydramine), they'll have similar potentiation abilities/effects as tricyclics and sedating antihistamines such as diphenhydramine (benadryl), doxylamine (unisom), hydroxyzine (vistaril/atarax), etc.

Also, there has been LOTS of discussion inside and outside of the first potentiation thread so check that out and do a search for more perspectives.

Tums makes sense a lot, just like any antacid medications based on calcium carbonate. It comes from a strong base and a weak acid so its solution pH is slightly alkaline. Sodium hydroxide pH > calcium hydroxide so sodium salts of weak acids would be even more effective. The question is would they be healthy for your stomach or healthy at all. Sodium bicarbonate would change one's pH in stomach even better and it is an additive in food but alone in higher quantities it may cause burns (and you can't titrate how much sodium bicarbonate would neutralize environment in your stomach).

It's not really potentiation-oriented then. Methadone BA can be as low as 40% orally. It's clear that BA will be lower if one takes methadone right after eating a meal (environment in stomach is going to be more acidic). For the best usage BA should be ~80%. Is it maximum? You won't push through stomach everything and pH in your stomach must be acidic for homeostasis but maybe you can push a bit more if you make pH in your stomach just a little bit alkaline like pH=7.05...

I guess most people don't get 80% and some say they start nodding after taking calcium carbonate (it makes most of Tums). This could mean most people take methadone not long after their meal. I've taken calcium carbonate two days in a row now before taking methadone and I didn't get any substantial difference, I didn't think of that much and some slight change was noticed but it was more like placebo; on the other hand I changed my methadone dose 10mg up a few days ago (placebo isn't bad, probably the best drug in the world under certain conditions). I will try it with sodium bicarbonate tomorrow and maybe it'll make better results.

Methadone Potentiation - Grapefruit Juice

Not sure if this is the right forum, given that this is still my 0_ post on BL, but after looking around I've come up lots of good, albeit conflicting/confused, advice: with or without research in support, some say grapefruit juice potentiates methadone and other say no it doesn't.

Any takers? :) Many people seem to say that the vitamin C/citric acid in the grapefruit juice is what takes away from the drug's effect. So I thought, why not take a bunch of calcium/magnesium/vitamin d supplement with the grapefruit juice, to maybe cross out the effects of the citric acid. Does it even work like that - calcium supps neutralizing citric acid? I know taking too much calcium isn't a bad thing, cause you can just drink some OJ and that does something along those lines. Just not sure if it works the other way around...

I'm actually about to find out... Which is why I thought this might not be the right place to post.

I took 25mg bendryl fifteen minutes ago (good all around potentiator (I like sedation) in terms of other opiate use imho), just drank a bottle (450mL) of "Tropicana Ruby Red Grapefruit" juice (@30% juice...), along with 2 Grams calcium (as calcium carbonate and gluconate), 800mG magnesium (as magnesium oxide and gluconate), 75mG zinc and 1200 IU vitamin d (as cholecalciferol). (okay, not my genius; all this is in a supp I found AMAZING for sleep issues with benzo/z-drug withdrawal I went through last summer, but that's a whole 'nother bag-o-worms)

All of that, of course, along with my pretty little 10mg Methadone.

FYI, I've been using 0-8mg suboxone for about two months, and have been off for about 72hrs, with a bit of H yesterday early PM.

Gonna think about all this while I sip (SLOWLY) a cup-o-kava tea.

Mods, edit at will. Friends, fellows, fiends, and finishers, I am your proverbial punching bag...

I'm sure that the zinc-magnesium combo would potentiate the noddy effects in a smooth, natural way.
And many people take calcium (like calcium carbonate in tums) to make the stomach less acidic before ingesting their opiate.

Personally, I only drink a little GFJ and instead focus on some cimetidine, which targets a specific enzyme in the CYP450 series related to opiate metabolism.

take 75 mg diphenhydramine
then take a once a day vitamin
then consume opiates
then chief up and feel good:)

thanks all, I should have remembered about this thread Captain. Results were mild but very enjoyable - I normally take 100mg of bendryl for the increased sedation, but I actually enjoyed the 25mg along with the vitamins. a bit less intense, but just as relaxing. I'll really have to try the tagamet, cimetidine whatever acid reducer. Thanks again. Think I'll wait till Friday to repeat...

I use grapefruit juice and Phenibut and sometimes some scopolamine in travel sickness pills (though I find too much of this can leave you feeling wierd).

Nicotine facilitates the euphoria and nod.

Don't like to use weed as it tends to over power the opiate high.

2 pills of ketoconazole will boost the fentanyl for sure(i can't say for the other opiates cause i haven't tried)but BE CAREFUL MAN!!!ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH VERY HIGH TOLERANCE!!!!You know that with fentanyl we don't play.Can someone tell me with simetidine and fent?(how much simetidine to take and how much time does it takes to work?)ketoconazole works slowly(about 3-7 h after you take,and it works better with full stomach.But i say again BE CAREFUL!!And don't rush, it will work for sure.First <3.