• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v2.0

I tried grapefruit juice for the first time the other day. Surprisingly it worked, I was skeptical but enough people on this site said that it worked, so that was good enough for me. I tried a 100% grapefruit drink I got at the gas station across the street from the hotel I was in. I saved it for my morning dose because it was my last dose till i could get more. My high and nod seemed to last longer. How long I am not sure, because I ended up nodding off in the car (i was not driving) But I drank a full bottle of juice about 25 minutes before I dosed (approx. 1/2 gram of heroin IV'd) I will definitely try it again and make it a habit

Hey guys, I've been taking hydrocodone for years and I'm looking for ways to get the most of it. I've tried white grapefruit juice in the past but honestly have never noticed much from it. I take around 30 mg of hydro per dose, and I was thinking of trying Tagament since I've never given it a shot.

How much Tagament to take and when? Do I also need to take an antacid at some point before the hydro? Thanks for any advice.

Between 400 and 600mg, some people will say as much as 800. Take about an hour before your consumption of the hydrocodone, and tagamet (cimetidine) is an antacid.

I tried grapefruit juice for the first time the other day. Surprisingly it worked, I was skeptical but enough people on this site said that it worked, so that was good enough for me. I tried a 100% grapefruit drink I got at the gas station across the street from the hotel I was in. I saved it for my morning dose because it was my last dose till i could get more. My high and nod seemed to last longer. How long I am not sure, because I ended up nodding off in the car (i was not driving) But I drank a full bottle of juice about 25 minutes before I dosed (approx. 1/2 gram of heroin IV'd) I will definitely try it again and make it a habit

1/2 a gram, shit, do you mean like 2 and a half balloons? Why the fuk would you have to potentiate 2 and a half balloons of hammer? Sorry but I gotta ask buddy8o
Hari Om
edtree

1/2 a gram, shit, do you mean like 2 and a half balloons? Why the fuk would you have to potentiate 2 and a half balloons of hammer? Sorry but I gotta ask buddy8o
Hari Om
edtree

I know people who have been heroin addicts for years, and shooting 0.3g barely gets them off. 0.5g shots aren't unheard of.

Keep in mind this is probably somewhat cut dope (30-50% purity at its worst).

I used to shoot up to 2.5g a day of brown sugar during last weeks of my 9-month adventure with heroin. But it was 20% purity so 500mg of freebase (checked, it was from one wholesaler; most home dealers don't even have scales so their "piece" (Polish: sztuka) supposed to be 0.25g then, now 0.2g, was measured roughly). Large doses aren't rare (well, I don't know now as heroin price has jumped 285% up recently and I used it from October '07 to May '08 when morphine was hardly accessible and it was before I obtained enough equipment to do complex researches).

Back to the topic:

In Poland:
I haven't found a medication with chlorpheniramine that wouldn't have paracetamol or phenylephrine and paracetamol. So it's useless. Cyclizine, doxylamine, and meclizine, orphenadrine, cyclobenzaprine aren't available in Poland. Diphenhydramine is available in combination with paracetmamol or naphazoline - useless. Carisoprodol isn't available. So you see this list applies probably only to the U.S. as a whole and there are people from all over the world on the forums. In Poland we have these:

1) Triprolidine (Status: OTC); mostly combined with pseudoephedrine but the dose of pseudoephedrine is too low to cause peripheral stimulant side effects. I haven't noticed usage of this as a potentiator. I used it once for my runny nose and found out it's also good to be combined with my methadone.

2) Promethazine (Status: Rp.); Dipherghan is widely used as a potentiator.

3) Dimenhydrinate (Status: OTC); too bad it's expensive per one 50mg pill.

4) Hydroxyzine (Status: Rp.); my subjective experiences: causes fucking nightmares and opioid euphoria is gone. I know it's one of the most used but in my opinion it's not a good one.

5) Baclofen (Status: Rp.)

6) Atropine and scopolamine (from leaves of Atropa belladonna, a dose of 200-250mg dried leaves is a safe dose and a very good potentiator)

Tramadol isn't a universal opioid potentiator. It's a partial agonist on opioid receptors, e.g. it's contradicted to use this during methadone usage and it's not because tramadol (or rather 3-desmethyltramadol) acts on opioid receptors. Just from my subjective experience - its euphoric (if it can be called euphoric, for me it's a dirty hybrid) effects come from mixed action of NAT and SERT blockade, and some weak action at mu opioid receptors. Noradrenaline and serotonin play a big role in analgesic actions of tramadol added to its some action at mu (without NAT and SERT blockade it's be of less use than codeine, being what it is, it can be comparable to codeine in some cases - it's Rp. here and the smallest dose is 50mg vs. OTC medication 15mg codeine/500mg paracetamol, when Codeinum Phosphoricum 20mg tablets were available here, a Rp.w. script was needed - Rp.w. scripts aka "pink scripts" are those on which morphine and any narcotic analgesics are prescribed, tramadol is the only one available for Rp.

Also, dextromethorphan may reduce tolerance to opioids but it must be taken hours before injection of morphine/heroin/..., this is not suitable for addicts who have to repeat their doses again and again. Normally, dextromethorphan has been proved to augment analgesic effects of morphine when combined with it after surgery. But when it's taken at once with some opioid, euphoria from opioid is attenuated.

If one wants to potentiate morphine or heroin, codeine extracted from OTC tablets is a better choice. When my veins fell deep under, I used codeine i.m. before morphine, levorphanol or hydromorphone (no, this magnificent drug levorphanol that's the real holy grail for me isn't available as a medication) to "bring up" my veins so I see them better. Of course I had to reduce the dose of the main opioid I injected i.v. in these circumstances.

I know people who have been heroin addicts for years, and shooting 0.3g barely gets them off. 0.5g shots aren't unheard of.

Keep in mind this is probably somewhat cut dope (30-50% purity at its worst).

Ah Ok the stuff bin gettin here is pure straight up, the guy I've shot with doesn't even bother filtering it. What I'm interested in is potentiating so as not to, or slow down the tolerance levels.

Adder are you saying that a cwe of codeine will achieve this? At the mo when cwe to extract the max usable amount of 450mg codeine I just can't use that two days in a row as the 2nd dose has virtually no effect. Do you believe though that the 2nd dose will still have a potentiating effect when combined with IVing?
Hari Om
edtree

Been trying the 400mg of Tagament an hour before hydrocodone dosage, and whether placebo or not, it does seem to make it more effective.

Ah Ok the stuff bin gettin here is pure straight up, the guy I've shot with doesn't even bother filtering it. What I'm interested in is potentiating so as not to, or slow down the tolerance levels.

Adder are you saying that a cwe of codeine will achieve this? At the mo when cwe to extract the max usable amount of 450mg codeine I just can't use that two days in a row as the 2nd dose has virtually no effect. Do you believe though that the 2nd dose will still have a potentiating effect when combined with IVing?
Hari Om
edtree

Oh nice!

I wouldn't IV codeine for the record, there is more information about this in Advanced Drug Discussion.

^^ No no Just drink it about an hr after eating a grapefruit. Read the iv codeine stuff thanks, nasty!

Captain.Heroin said:
I wouldn't IV codeine for the record, there is more information about this in Advanced Drug Discussion.

I wrote that I had injected codeine intramuscularly before injecting e.g. morphine. Any opioid effects from codeine injected intravenously are overpowered by unpleasant and deadly effects from histamine release (tachycardia combined with low BP, terrible headache, whole body allergy-like reactions with bumps around the place where i.v. was done and higher, e.g. if one shot codeine in his median cubital vein, one would get bumps from there up to one's arm).

450mg of codeine was totally usable for me ~18 hours after an earlier injection and I could do it for weeks. The other thing is I didn't use it for its opioid effects but for vasodilation resulting from histamine release so I didn't really need it as a potentiator. Anyway, still I have never dirtied my clear opioid high with tramadol. As a side note: the only thing I got from tramadol injection was a strange weak lightheaded feeling with a light improvement of mood. After ~5 minutes it was gone, no opioid warmness. Once I went to a clinic to get on a maintenance program, of course the physician told me he wouldn't put me on a program. An idiot gave me a script for tramadol and told me to start at 100mg x 4 / a day after I told him I had to take 120-160mg morphine / 40mg levorphanol. Well, I went to the point when I took 1600mg of this shit and it didn't do a thing. Thanks to clonazepam I didn't get convulsions... I don't know why I persistently wanted to cure my withdrawal with tramadol as I had my methadone anyway and quickly switched to it after 1600mg didn't work. It's funny I still have some tramadol from that period and it makes me laugh when I see people dying to take it. And I think "what's the fuss?".

It's useless as a potentiator for reasons given earlier. I know my subjective opinion doesn't make any drug useless but articles showing it's only a partial agonist are definitely objective. ;)

Been trying the 400mg of Tagament an hour before hydrocodone dosage, and whether placebo or not, it does seem to make it more effective.

I get 600mg an hour before my oxycodone dosage. Definitely makes a better experience and extends the buzz for me. Cimetidine is fairly safe in higher than stated doses as far as I've read. I'm sure the effects maximization comes to a halt at a certain dosage. I'm curious as to what that dose would be.

I'm getting the same and the title really gives me wonders.

EDIT: OK, that worked (stupid of me I didn't try it as it helps in numerous cases...). Well, it's not much of something concrete added to the topic so I just edit out this post. I believe there was something like that posted before, only it wasn't just Purdue drugs but all opioid-containg medications in the U.S. So this might be useful.

Last edited:
One thing that no one ever seems to think about is your diet. If you are on a very low carb high fat diet, and your body burns fat for energy instead of carbs, which takes about a month to do. Fat, like coconut milk, will enhance any opiate. I am on a paleo diet, and pain pills work better now than they ever did before I changed my diet. And, coming off of them isn't nearly as bad. Carbonated alcohol gets you drunk faster, cream helps caffiene get in your system faster, and fats help opiate absorption. It's all biochemistry...

Yeah, it's all biochemistry or I'll put it out as neuroscience generally for one purpose. People who take opioids because they relieve their psychological pain won't spend time for any diets to start working and furthermore they won't stick to any diets. It's psychology.

They prefer to take an opioid with some drug that will enhance its sedative and depressant properties because this gives an instant effect. Some take drugs that potentate opioid effects (go into synergy as they're also depressant/add their effects which combine great with opioid receptors stimulations etc.) because their opioid is weak (e.g. codeine) and potentiators may allow them to experience something nod-life, some will take potentiators because their tolerance is high and potentiating drug will make their regular dose work.

It's not the diet that is here to help because you have to wait long for benefits. And why not? This doesn't apply only to people who are high all the time and they shoot up all the time. I don't shoot up anything anymore, I take methadone and it's just my personality that opioids have helped me to get through this life and it's my personality that I don't feel like going on some diet.

Also, why would I start putting more fat into myself? Is it healthy? Of course you can go to a gym and it's alright but I prefer to have more hydrocarbons with a diet that'll get rid of fat and get stronger and bigger muscles (yeah, another thing junkies think about, I know).

Does anyone use diphenhydramine as a potentiator here? I tried to use dimenhydrinate (8-chlorotheophylline salt of diphenhydramine). I took ~54.4mg of diphenhydramine in this salt and it's much worse than 2.5mg of triprolidine. But in terms of that Atropa belladonna sedating feeling all of those chemicals feel different despite their anticholinergic action.:\

Oh, well, I see this could be effective at (at least) 200mg (=108.8mg) or I don't know else. The whole pack (5 x 50mg) might not even be enough. It's strange, as I don't weigh much and this sedative may easily turn into a deliriant at e.g. 400mg. I wonder if it would have the same "twilight sleep" effect as smoked Atropa belladonna or I would feel like shit...

Last edited: