• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v2.0

If you're super determined to find a way to take the 2 hydro condone you have a limited number of options.
1. Oral
2. Snort/shoot (good luck with the massive quantity of powder)

3. UP DA BUTT

Ak Thunder,
So do you take D-phenylalanine supplements? Like from the vitamin section at the store? I looked this up and what an awesome find. What daily regime are you taking?

I apologize for the long delay, ChemicalFeelings!!

I take 4-6 grams 1-3 times a day of the d-phenylalanine.
What a find indeed!! Tell me about it!!! I was pretty stoked after reading the research about it, although much of the available research is sadly outdated. Still, what IS available convinced me to try it.

I love it, but I'm afraid of now being dependent on IT in order to keep this same level of highdom I get now. And boy, do I gotta be careful!! Especially with fent!

Last edited:
Am I the only one who didnt really get anything from potentiation? I tried both White Grapefruit Juice and Tagamet and neither did anything. The only thing that ever made the high different was if I took at least like 60-70 mgs of DXM, and I think that was just more the effect of DXM then changing how the dope hit me.

Am I the only one who didnt really get anything from potentiation? I tried both White Grapefruit Juice and Tagamet and neither did anything. The only thing that ever made the high different was if I took at least like 60-70 mgs of DXM, and I think that was just more the effect of DXM then changing how the dope hit me.

If you take too much DXM, enough to get you into 1st Plateau, it'll interfere with the opiate high. 1st Plateau is different for everyone, but it typically begins at >100mgs. Incidentally, I take 30-45mgs a few hours beforehand.

What are you trying to potentiate, cerebral_pauly?

Last edited:
I tried it back when I was using Heroin but honestly the only thing that really made it better was different stuff or another opiate thrown on top.

The only thing that potentiates opioids for me,specifically my methadone dose, is a small to moderate dose of benzodiazepines, say 1 mg of clonazepam and,
100 mg's of dimenhydrinate usually works good for me....but thats just me.

In my experience taking 50-100mg of Hydroxyzine before taking say a Oxy 30 and it will defintely make it more euphoric.
Science wise I have no clue how this works but I noticed it seems a lot 'cleaner' then using a Benzo.

In my experience taking 50-100mg of Hydroxyzine before taking say a Oxy 30 and it will defintely make it more euphoric.
Science wise I have no clue how this works but I noticed it seems a lot 'cleaner' then using a Benzo.

I'll take hydroxyzine (50-75mgs) at the same time as hydro's, or a low dose of morphine. I do not like the nods, tho, and I HATE falling asleep and wasting it, so I will take some ephedrine with it. And/or I'll drink copious amounts of caffeinated beverages, like coffee or Rockstars.

Hydroxyzine is a potent enzyme inhibitor.

I don't like nobs either, prefer speedy affects of hydo instead of nobs like oxy. I drink tons of coffee and coco cola.
Just been having a hard time finding the right potenator for me.

Can someone please tell me when to take the potentiator? I'm not sure if I would get the total benefit if I take them together. I think but I need someone to tell be if I should take the Potentiator and hydrocodone at the same time or before and if before then how long before should I take the potentiators before the hydrocodone. How many minutes before because it seems to me that you should get the potentiators working in your body your body pluggingup the enzyme. But I'm not sure so doesanyone know the answer? Thanks

Can someone please tell me when to take the potentiator? I'm not sure if I would get the total benefit if I take them together. I think but I need someone to tell be if I should take the Potentiator and hydrocodone at the same time or before and if before then how long before should I take the potentiators before the hydrocodone. How many minutes before because it seems to me that you should get the potentiators working in your body your body pluggingup the enzyme. But I'm not sure so doesanyone know the answer? Thanks

It depends on what you are using and what ROA's.

It seems you are taking hydrocodone orally.

If you are going to be using antihistamines/benzos for potentiation, take it alongside the hydrocodone. You could take it a few minutes before the hydrocodone too.

If you are going to be smoking weed, or smoking/IVing anything else, do it when you are feeling the hydrocodone.

So yea I did some reading on potentiating opiods and decided to ingest 500ml white grapefruit juice from concentrate, about 500ml of tonic water containing quinine, 30mg of dxm and then the guide recommended 1.5 tablespoons of baking soda.
Threw the baking soda in a glas with a small amount of water and knocked it back in one.
What followed from ingesting this was violent stomach pains and cramps followed by projectile vommiting all over my room, my stomach still feels rather painful now nearly half hour later.
Whats worse is now due to the vommiting i am unsure if all the previously ingested grapefruit juice and quinine would have taken effect.
So yea wtf was there supposed to be a certain way of ingesting the baking soda where it doesnt explode in your stomach?

1.5 Tablespoons of baking soda? I think therein lied your problem.... Why not just use Tums instead??

^Yeah, use Tums instead. And that's a lot of baking soda! If you are insistant on using baking soda just mix a teaspoon with a large glass of water and drink it, don't mix DXM and tonic water and tons of baking soda and grapefruit juice. That sounds gross. Baking soda should be mixed with plenty of water, not taken in large amounts with a tiny bit of water. And why do you need 4 potentiators at once?

I have benadryl, promethazine, and Xanax. What is the best to potentiate opiates and are there any other OTC supplements that will increase the intensity or duration or reduce tolerance? I want to avoid Xanax as I already have a tolerance from using about 10 mg a week for a while now and personally I find benzos add much more sedation but detract from euphoria.

I haven't noticed much effect from grapefruit juice. Trying to potentiate some H which I insuffilate or smoke.

Is DXM any good and is 50 mg. reasonable dose?

Cheers

For those looking for a hydroxyzine-like drug to potentiate opioids but only have access to OTC drugs, then take a look at Bonine (Meclizine 25mg tablets, chewable), or Dramamine Less Drowsy (Meclizine 25mg). The half life is less than hydroxyzine, but it has unique anti-emetic effects shared with mirtazapine and Zofran, through 5-HT3 activity. It also has 5-ht2c antagonist effects, but not as strong of a 5-ht2c antagonist as hydroxyzine, but it's OTC and relatively cheap if you get generic.

Also, cyclizine has been OTC in the US since 2009, and cyclizine greatly potentiates opioids, and is sold as Bonine for Kids, similar to hydroxyzine but apparently it's an experience of its own. People tend to combine these piperazines with open-chain methadone-class opioids, as they have unique synergy, and can be much more dangerous than using it to potentiate a [closed chain] opiate or non-methadone class synthetic opioid such as tapentadol.

Hydroxyzine also metabolites a fair share of it through your liver into cetirizine, it's one of it's main metabolites. One source even claims up to half of hydroxyzine is metabolized into Cetirizine (Zyrtec) but hydroxyzine is able to readily cross the Blood Brain Barrier, unlike Ceterizine (OTC Zyrtec and generics) and probably meclizine (Dramamine II/less drowsy).

Only reason I mention it (besides being totally relevant) is that IMO hydroxyzine is perhaps the best antihistamine with the LEAST amount of anticholinergic / drying out effects, and because it's main metabolite is cetirizine which is another potentiator (just one that doesn't cross BBB) so your kinda killing two birds with one stone w/ Hydroxyzine HCl.

I think that diphenhydramine is by far the best anti-itching anti-histamine but it definitely can cause too much anticholinergic effects like constipation, which is usually already a problem for opioid users, which is why I prefer to take a higher dose of hydroxyzine (50-100mg) to compensate for the same anti-itching relief that 50mg diphenhydramine would have provided.

I find none of these antihistamines to be sedating, at least not at the doses I use (100mg and less).

Promethazine is another really good one but it's NOT one that you should be using regularly due to it's ability to induce extra pyramidal effects like the antipsychotics it's so chemically related to. (Hydroxyzine is also reported to sometimes cause this after prolonged (4 month+ daily) high-dose usage, but is generally regarded as much less benign than promethazine and other antihistamines).

Thorazine to potentiate Hydrocodone

I have a question that may be answered already but couldn't find it. Anyway does Thorazine potentiate Hydrocodone if so when and what does should I take? Any replys are welcome and thanks in advance.