• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v2.0

How effective is Hydroxyzine as an opiate potentiator? I have to conserve my pain pills and I want to know if 10 mg Hydrocodone and, say, 50 mg Hydroxyzine would set me good. I usually take 30+ mg's of Hydro to get fucked up.

it makes you nod pretty damn hard and its a very floaty spacey feeling. not as euphoric and heavy as opiates but still a good potentiator.

ive never taken it with hydro, just dope

in less than a week i get my oxys so i'ma try out milk thistle i've heard good rumors now to put them to the test

hydroxizine is and amazing potentiator when i was using h i COULD use a quater less and feel the same effects... but i didnt lol :)

so which antihistamines (i have promethazine on hand) actually will have an effect on DHC in the enzymes and shit in the liver? I know with normal codeine i think DPH if taken at the peak can lenghthen the effects, will promethazine do the same.

If not i might just go get a beer lol.

Damn, bet me to it.

Anyone getting sick of the Do insert potentiator here actually work?

There's 8 pages and 2 threads worth. HAVE A READ! And listen to what Captain.Heroin and NeighborhoodThreat! -_- *le sigh*

Short answer YES* *different once work for different people for different reasons.

Long answer, 1st generation anti-histermines ("the nod"), P450 enzyme (CYP2D6), other potentiator who works on the MOA, other potentiator who work on similar MOA (read: GABA). So I guess the long answer is still; READ, READ, READ.

Last edited:
A way to potentiate oxycodone....

This will not be for everyone and is not true potentiating as it is not elevating the opiate in the blood. I have been on oxycodone for about 6 years. I have HIV and the earlier drugs I took messed up my nervous system. It was only when I had a severe thumb infection that I found relief with oxycodone. I noticed early on that I seem to get a bit of an "up" on it. I researched oxy and found that it was probably the chemical thebaine that is in it. It is apparently a stimulant. So what I have done is take some coffee with my pills, as well as those headache relief tabs from Walmart (green bottle), they contain acetaminaphen, aspirin and caffeine. Later, I added chocolate and a cigarette. The stimulants seem to really play well off each other for me. I hope that helps some of you who are looking to get the most out of your medication.

Thebaine is not in oxycodone. Oxycodone is made by starting with thebaine. It's one of the 3 main naturally occuring opiates in poppies. Thebaine doesn't get you high though, but it will make you sick or kill you. Here's a quick wiki article on it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thebaine

The chocolate and cigarettes increase the level of dopamine in the brain.

So what I have done is take some coffee with my pills, as well as those headache relief tabs from Walmart (green bottle), they contain acetaminaphen, aspirin and caffeine. Later, I added chocolate and a cigarette.

Excedrin is the name.

Thebaine is not in oxycodone. Oxycodone is made by starting with thebaine. It's one of the 3 main naturally occuring opiates in poppies. Thebaine doesn't get you high though, but it will make you sick or kill you. Here's a quick wiki article on it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thebaine

The chocolate and cigarettes increase the level of dopamine in the brain.

Excedrin is the name.

This is a good point, just because something is used to make (synth) drugs does not mean that it is part of the end product. Thebaine is not "in" oxycodone and it certainly is not oxycodone. The Wikipedia article that DexterMeth linked explains this as well. Thebaine is used to make various opiates besides oxycodone, this includes oxymorphone, buprenorphine, nalbuphine and others. Do not consume thebaine, it can cause convulsions and will be anything but pleasant and/or recreational.

just because something is used to make (synth) drugs does not mean that it is part of the end product.

Oh but everytime I have an XTC I'm eating bleach, nail polish remover and drain cleaner aren't I?

8)

In all seriousness though, this little bit of (I would have thought basic but :\ ) knowledge needs to be more wide spread.

Along the topic of "little bits of knowledge", I realise it's done for use of ease but just reiterating a convo Mr Blonde and I had a while back - someone really needs to write, I guess just for informational purposes on the top of a thread, the difference between a "potentiator" and an actual drug which potentiates another. Eerks me a little sometimes. ;)

Oh well I read mixed reviews on using promethazine and vicodin...

I have a promethazine (25mg) and 2 vicodins/hydrocone (10/300).

Does it actually potentate it or not? and if so how should I take it? Like pop the prom 30 minute then pop the vics? Or what? and does breaking the pills in half make them last shorter or just the same amount of time?

Does it actually potentate it or not? and if so how should I take it? Like pop the prom 30 minute then pop the vics? Or what? and does breaking the pills in half make them last shorter or just the same amount of time?

yes take the promethazine 30mins earlier and then pop both hydros. you dont have to break them and for me if i break pills they feel really weird going down my throat. promethazine with opiates is tha shit!! except it isn't OTC in the US so i stick with DPH

Anything metabolized by the (cytochrome P450) enzyme CYP2D6 in theory may be potentiated by promethazine. So yes Vicodin (hydrocodone) will be.

except it isn't OTC in the US so i stick with DPH

OTC here in Aus baby! Yaya! :)

Add vitamin c 30min - 1hour before administering said opioid, if on an empty stomach that is, basically let the vitamin c get into your system, personally i mega dose vitamin c, when i feel the energy lift from it, this is the premium time to dose your opioids..... The enzyme that breaks down vitamin c is also the one that breaks down opiates..... It will increase your 'high' and/or pain relief in longevity as well as intensity... Works better with non-codeine based opiates i.m.o., idk why but it does

OK might sound like a stupid question but what if I drink grapefruit juice (ruby red--and 2 tums) and take a promethazine and like 45 minutes later pop the norcos, will that potentate it even more?

I also hate grapefruit juice so I'm wondering after I chug that down if I could wash it down with a cola or pepsi (need more can of soda in the morning before work).

Sorry if I sound dumb haha just wanna get the best bang for my bucks.

The enzyme that breaks down vitamin c is also the one that breaks down opiates..... It will increase your 'high' and/or pain relief in longevity as well as intensity... Works better with non-codeine based opiates i.m.o., idk why but it does
Different opioids are broken down different ways by your body. Oxycodone by CYP3A/CYP2d6, morphine by glucuronidation, and codeine needs to be turned into morphine by CYP2D6 or at the very least into c-6-g by a phase II mechanism as well.

OK might sound like a stupid question but what if I drink grapefruit juice (ruby red--and 2 tums) and take a promethazine and like 45 minutes later pop the norcos, will that potentate it even more?
Grapefruit juice inhibits cyp3a4, I don't know if tums effect absorption much, and promethazine will sedate you and prevent any itching.

hydroxizine is and amazing potentiator when i was using h i COULD use a quater less and feel the same effects... but i didnt lol :)

I'm Rx'd 75mg of Hydroxyzine a day. It used to kick ass when I could take it in conjuction with the Oxymorphone I was sniffing or the Dope I shot.
A friend of mine had IV'd Hydroxyzine with his shot of Dope and he seemed to be completely nodding harder than I've seen him he said he was shitfaced.

Sadly now I take my Hydroxyzine simply as an antihistamine to help with anxiety and to deter me from picking at my skin and such and gettin rashes. I don't really think it has much of an effect in potentiating suboxone.

Anyone know if hydroxyzine potentiates Tramadol? I'm having 4 Wisdom teeth pulled and I'm on probation and suboxone so even tho the doc is gonna offer me narcotics to deal with the pain im going to request he gives me tramadol because it is the only thing that will work with my subs, otherwise I'll be turning down the painkillers fully which I know in my heart is the right thing to do. (My brain on the other hand has no regard for any morality and is rly gonna be mad at me for this X_X)

Sorry if this has been asked already but when using potentiators do you need to lower your opiate dosage especially if you don't have a high tolerance. (Of course not including obvious contraindiction's like alcohol.) But for example if I drink some grape fruit for before dosing do I need to be more careful? Both of these could lead to greater highs than you want and overdose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this has been asked already but when using potentiators do you need to lower your opiate dosage especially if you don't have a high tolerance. (Of course not including obvious contraindiction's like alcohol.) But for example if I drink some grape fruit for before dosing do I need to be more careful?
Yes. Enzyme inhibitors or attempting to increase total absorption will let more drug get into your system as if you actually took a higher dose. Combining opioids with other sedating drugs will increase the total sedation.

Chitosan. But it's not a drug though. When snorted along with morphine, it raises morphine's BA.

Any idea about how much it will increase BA?
It's in the Bioavailability megathread (which can be found in the OD Directory - which can be accessed via my signature or the top of the OD Forum). I know it's definitely over 50% but don't recall what the source officially said.