• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

METHADONE VS. SUBOXONE....Your experience w/each-Which one do u think is better?

Which maintenance med do you think is the best most effective one?

• Methadone

Votes: 42 45.7%
  • Suboxone/Subutex (buprenorphine)

Votes: 50 54.3%

• Total voters

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
We never had a thread of this before, but i think we need one, since I noticed that alot of yall got some pretty strong feelings about these 2 drugs and which one works better, etc. So heres the spot for it.

For anybody and everybody who been on Suboxone or Methadone or BOTH, Tell us about your experience with it, and if you been on both, which one worked better for you? If you feel like one was a total failure and one was a lifesaving success, which one was it or did they both work ok, or did they both suck? If you had to choose,Overall which one do you think is better for addiction management, in your opinion/experience?

Some people swear by sub and call it a miracle drug, other people cant stand it for the life of them. Some people HATE methadone, and other folks say it saved their life. There cant really be a objective 'winner' since each one will work different for different ppl, and it really depend on the individual, but you can just share your experience for wat its worth.

I know alot of us been on both and have tried one or the other and got really strong feelings about it, so here is the place to share em and battle it out. Ill add a poll on here too so you can vote which one you think is better--but please reply to the thread and write about ur experience on either/both, dont just vote, i wanna hear yall opinions!:)

I always liked the fact that with my Subs I'm not chained to a clinic. I see my doctor every four months now. Its GREAT.

Although I do crave pretty seriously sometimes.

I think that methadone is a better option if you want to get out of the "game", but continue to get your fix. It is great because it gets a lot of people off of the needle which is a huge step. Also, you can get high on other drugs while on methadone, so if you really crave you can just use. I hate the whole clinic and getting it daily idea, but some people like it so if that works cool.

Suboxone/Subutex are better (IMO) for someone who is trying to completely get opiates out of their system, AND want to get out of the lifestyle. I have seen so much success with this system, and people just dropping out of the scene, tapering from subs and living a clean life. A lot of people I know who are on MMT are still around sketch shit a lot.

All in all, I would say Suboxone is the "better" choice. It does a better job at stopping withdrawals, and keeping people out of the lifestyle/addiction.

Good topic idea by the way, me and a friend were just having this discussion the other night.

I understand wat yall sayin about clinics sucking, but this is about the drug only.

nevermind the shit you DO to GET the drugs, we are just talking about the effectiveness of the DRUG ITSELF. Methadone Vs. Sub....Not "Going to a clinic to get your dose, vs going to the doctors office, and if you didnt have to go to the clinic methadone would be great but it sucks cuz you gotta go to a clinic, so ima vote for suboxone."

Obviously its much easier to go to a dr office once a month than a clinic everyday or a few times a week. But dont let that change your opinion of methadone, becuz this thread is only asking about the drugs effects and effectiveness for addiction treatment, and the way you get the drug is totally irrelevant to that.

I know that in real life , realisticaly it makes a difference for many people, but this thread is only concerned with THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE DRUG AND HOW WELL IT WORKS, PERIOD. If you look at it in terms of convenience or watever, that is gonna distort your view. I only want to know about which one you think WORKS better, not which one you think is easier/more convenient over all, you feel me? I think alot of peoples answers would be different if they had a choice between a methadone script and a suboxone script. It aint a fair comparison if you are lookin at it from the clinic vs dr office perspective, so just imagine that you are choosing between having a take home script for methadone, and a take home script for suboxone, and base your opinion off of that scenario. Then, you can just judge based on the DRUG ITSELF and not the situation surrounding it.

Last edited:
Anyways...now that I got that cleared up Ill tell about my opinion and why I voted for methadone.

Straight up, My experience with suboxone always sucked. i was on it for over a year and never had nothing but misery and failure.

Lightitup, IDK your experience with methadone, I think you really got some misconceptions about how it works. Iunno where you got the idea that if you cravin dope when you on the clinic, you can just use. It dont work that way at all. I mean, you CAN do it, but you aint gonna get high for shit. Any dose thats worth a fuck will block your dope. And all clinics are required to do random urine testing AT LEAST once a month, so you never know when you gonna go in the next day and get a piss test. You get a shitty not-even-high, no matter if you keep bootin double your dose you cant break thru and catch that rush and nod, the done just overpowers it completely, and then you never know when you gonna go in the next day and get handed a piss cup. you come up dirty, and your clinic can do all kinda shit. For example the dreaded "administrative detox" where they detox you as fast as legally possible for failing piss tests and not "complying", etc. You can get your dose reduced, lose your take homes, etc. It really aint some shit that you can just get high whenever you want if you feel like it, cuz for one you dont get high and second the consequences make it totally no worth it at all.

Thats why I feel the opposite of how you do. In my opinion, methadone does a way better job of stabilizing your life and keepin you off dope than sub. the done makes the dope worthless. You can take like, 30, 40 mg of done and still break thru kinda, but anything above that, at least in my experience and believe me i tried many many times, always just ends up as "blah". There aint no rush, you can barely feel the dope, it reallllly aint worth it. and if you only on 30 or 40mg of done and thats enough to hold you, you prolly didnt need to be on it anyways and woulda been ok with suboxone.

Now, about the shit u said about methadone is easier to keep using, you dont break free from that lifestyle, etc--I really disagree. Its just my opinion tho, neither one of us right or wrong but Im just swayin. This is my 2--

Suboxone is the ULTIMATE ENABLER...It makes it sooooo easy to stay in that junkie lifestyle and keep gettin high and never gettin nowhere. For me, suboxone is just treading water. So many people just use it to avoid bein sick when they gotta stop using. Its "withdrawal insurance". Sure if you using it and really trying to get clean thats different, but Ima get to that later-For me, it was impossible to get clean usin sub even when i really tried, becuz it sucked so bad and was such a piece of shit, ineffective garbage drug.

But, before i get into that, i just wanted to say that just like mad people on here, I used on sub all the fuckin time. Suboxone makes it sooooo fuckin easy to just jump on and off back and forth. IMO, Methadone is WAAAAAAY more likely to keep you on a long term dope free existence than sub. In a clinic you cant skip a dose or the will half your dose the next day, and if you skip a dose you get a immediate piss test the next day in most places too. So, if you want to get high you cant just not show up and skip your dose so you can use or u gonna end up with definate consequences. With sub you can just stop anytime you want, take 2mg at 9 in the morning and by 5 that afternoon you can be bootin dope without a care in the world. You can take sub all week long and then get high on the weekend and do that shit indefinitely. For me , sub made the lifestyle of staying on dope sooo easy, and it gave me no reason to quit. I could just do dope as long as i wanted then when i ran out of money or dope I could just take my sub and avoid bein sick til i could cop again. It just kept me in that cycle.

And when i finally did try to really get my shit together on sub....forget about it. Fuckin trash-ass bullshit piece of shit excuse for a treatment. I always, constantly felt like shit. regardless of my dose, from 16 to 20 to 32 mg, no matter wat I took (and my doc would put me up higher when i told him i was still hurtin) i never felt 100%. I always felt like i was still sick. sub made me feel like, 65% not sick and still 35% sick. I never got good relief from it. I could never sleep, and i had the worst fuckin depression on that shit. It wasnt just the "i aint on dope" depression, i actually felt better MENTALLY, when i wasnt on sub and was sick, than i did on it. obviously the physical WDs made me have to take the sub, but my mental state was better when i wasnt on it, shit was like it actually triggered depression in me, it was mad weird. Seriously, every hour i spent on Suboxone was like pure fucking torture. i absolutely despise that fuckin drug. It never did shit for me, it just wasted my time and money for a long time. Like i said--dont put it off on me not trying. Cuz yea, for a long time i just used it as a way to keep gettin high witout havin to kick. But once i did really honestly give sobriety a shot on that shit, it did NOT help me at all, not in the slightest. all i could ever think about was when i could get high again and how bad i wish i could be high, etc.

On methadone its like the COMPLETE opposite. Seriously this shit saved my fuckin life. From day 1 of being on it, its like i was a totally new person. I been on it over a year now and yo, word bond, i am so much of a different person that it aint even believable. its just absolutely insane how different I am now with the methadone.

Cravings for dope? Methadone straight DEADED that shit, oh my god, it straight up STOMPED the FUCK outta my dope cravings. Its like it goes in my brain and hits all those good pleasure spots that dope used to hit, without all the bullshit associated with dope, without a high, but just doin all the good shit that dope used to do as a self-medication, you know? its like magic, god damn I love the things it does for me.

Another issue for me is that I got in a car accident a few years ago and fucked up my back, and had a injury at one of my old jobs and on top of both of those I did manual labor for a few years. I got a LOT of back pain. Without any opiate meds, I literally cant walk straight without a limp cuz the pain shoots down my leg. I cant move certain ways, i get "stuck" in certain positions and the pain is so bad that i cant move myself and got to have somebody actually pick me up and move me. That pain was with me so bad when i was on Suboxone. it didnt do SHIT for pain. It was horrible. Im sure that was part of why i was so miserable on it too, becuz i was sufferin all the time and couldnt move around that great. The Methadone straight up annihilates pain. Well, not quite, im on 90mg and I can still feel intense pain THRU that 90mg alot of the time, but the point is that without it, Id be a fuckin cripple. methadone is a seriously wonderful painkiller, its better IMO than oxy, and even Opana. nothing comes close to it for long term, heavy duty pain relief. So for me personally thats one more thing that makes me love it, even tho the majority of people aint got that situation and is strickly lookin at it from a addiction treatment point of view.

it also helps that I dont go to a clinic for my done. I get a script from a doctor, for pain management. i HAVE been a patient of the clinic in the past , twice.

And i would say, that EVEN GOING TO A CLINIC, Methadone STILL wins for me, HANDS DOWN.

I rather go to the clinic every fuckin day of the week and get my dose than go to a Sub dr. once every 2 months for a refill. Real talk, it aint no question. Methadone is the best treatment that is available, IMO. For me, in my experience, suboxone aint nothing like the miracle drug that its suppose to be.

I honestly believe that for some people, sub just dont work. I have noticed that for people who have smaller dope habits, and who are hooked on painkillers instead of heroin, suboxone seems to work great. matter fact, for somebody who is addicted to Oxy or somethin like that, I would actually discourage them from going on Methadone--like i have heard ppl here before say, its like using a sledgehammer to kill an ant.

but all the people I known who was some serious dopeheads, who had a heavy duty habit, methadone has been the only option that helped them. i know it was that way for me. And my habit wasnt even that huge. But for people who only do like, a bundle a day, 15 bags a day, a half a g or a g a day, sub seems to hold them OK. Its the people who do half a brick, 30 bags, a brick a day, that need methadone. thats just my totally un scientific opinion based off the shit I seen in myself and my friends, but take it for wat you want to.

Buprenorphine. I haven't had any experience with methadone, but I lost a friend to a massive methadone + butalbital overdose.

Methadone is still a solid option, especially for people who are not prone to use or abuse benzos/barbs/other GABAergics. I would just hate for more people to overdose, since benzos/GABAergics tends to be "safer" but not foolproof with buprenorphine.

Great idea for a thread!

ive never tried methadone but ive had experience with subs. i hate suboxone. it tastes horrible, makes me feel kinda sketchy and, like clockwork, my refill would get screwed up by the stupid doctor (that is horrible and incompitent but is the only random licensed sub doc that insurance will cover) and id end up getting my refill a week and a half after id run out - hence suffering through withdrawl before script is filled. that made me so mad (and the sick is just as bad as dope sick) because i was taking these pills to kick dope and i still end up sick. i felt chained to them - most docs i talked to just kept pushing them - insisting that you take them for at least a year. besides, i hear of a ton of people that use them to get high (this boggles my mind) or just use them to keep from getting sick between scores. i landed back in rehab this summer and they immediately wanted to put me on subs. no way - you can have those nasty, psuedo orange flavored things. just thinking about it is making me nauseated.

For people with small habits sub is better, for people with large habits methadone is a better fit. When my heroin tolerance was high sub would not work for the first couple of days, I would be sick and the cravings where out of control. Methadone sucks because when I was on it I still felt drugged up. Once you stabilize on sub you feel more closer to normal than on methadone. That's why I prefer buprenorphine.

by the way i just wanted to share in here that one of my family members died from a methadone overdose, and I still 100% feel like its the superior medication for addiction management...Alot of people use not quite logical reasons when they say it aint as good as suboxone-like sayin its easier to OD on, or people are more likely to abuse it, etc, that its more dangerous than sub....Shit like that shouldnt be goin into your judgement on how effective the medication is. Alot of people say "oh well my _____ died or almost died from methadone and look at how easy it is to die if you mix it with benzos" etc, but anything is dangerous if you mix it the wrong way. When methadone is used AS PRESCRIBED, it ain dangerous..Just somethin to think about.

I wanted to bump this thread too since Im suprised it aint gettin responses so far, everybody loves to argue about it in other threads not about that, but when theres a thread just for this nobod wants to post :p

I have to agree with lacey on this. I've always been more stable on methadone, and don't fool yourself, you don't get high on it. I never did. Just normal. I never really felt my dose.

As far as suboxone goes, I've tried that shit every which way but loose, I can't get RIGHT on it. Small dose, large dose and I have to wait far too long to take it. I don't do dopesick well at all. I can't use it as a dope vacation like a lot of you can. The first time I tried it, I was sick as hell, went to the doctor and he dosed me and I got worse. I was scoring high on the cows scale and he commented that I was the first person that he didnt have it work well on. And whenever I did get on it, I craved so bad that I couldnt stand it.

But all that being said, I've been on both at least 5 to 6 times each. Methadone withdrawal has to be the worse thing I ever went through. I detoxed off 120 mg coupled with a 2 bundle good dope a day habit, I was sooo sick, I had to be hospitalized twice for dehydration. It lasted more than 3 months and even then, I was only at 80% functioning before I went back to dope (worst mistake of my life).

On the other side I hear that suboxone withdrawal can be just as bad, I always used before I went through it.

Personally I find that subutex works better for me, yeah sure it feels at bit uncomfortable at first but I find it easier to detox from, that's just my opinion obviously! I ended up getting back on to gear to come of methadone, stupid I know! oh well I'm stable on .4mg subs now!

i been on both and i like methdone better. i initially wanted to do a 30 day detox and not maintenence but half way through decided i need more of a dose. 20 mg just aint enough to keep you off dope. I already noticed that I dont do half as much dope as before when only on 20mg so im sure once i get to 50mg+ i wont be doing dope at all.

subutex was just there incase i couldnt afford dope or couldnt find any for some odd reason. I would have a bottle full of subs sittin in my car with me while i was coppin dope. They didnt do shit for my cravings. If i woulda used them how they are intended then they would be fine. they do a great job of making withdrawl pains go away.

i vote methadone.

i noticed there is only 3 votes for methadone but there is more replies that say "methadone is better" than 3--so who didnt vote on the poll? :p Come on, dont let methadone look that sorry, support your maintenance med of choice;)

oh man i think subs are better if you want to get clean , methadone is better if you cant get clean and u need another drug to keep you high, and not go out and score.\ if you get on methadone your pretty much on it forever.

i loved the methadone high. actually i liked the methadone high better than booting oc.

For people with small habits sub is better, for people with large habits methadone is a better fit. When my heroin tolerance was high sub would not work for the first couple of days, I would be sick and the cravings where out of control. Methadone sucks because when I was on it I still felt drugged up. Once you stabilize on sub you feel more closer to normal than on methadone. That's why I prefer buprenorphine.
That is exactly how I feel. I'm so sick of 5am runs to a clinic. It sucks and then it just sucks once you do get stabilized and taper. To me it feels like if I were a heroin addict and didn't get the full hit or the last line. It doesn't make me crave at all as I hate opiates anymore, because my physical addictions will turn shit bad. I hate the methadone sedation you get when starting, and hate it more when it stopped. I should have tapered with all the morphine I had at the time I quit the first clinic in hopes to not have to return...That didn't happen. I'm in the process of TRYING to see if I can deal with Subutex....not for several more month though as my dose was 115, and I'm just not at 103 and ughhh. Annoying. Thats what it is. Worlds most annoying drug--------METHADONE!..

I'm actually very very scared after reading about op being hospitalized twice. I was told from my clinic go to a hospital always if something goes wrong or you want to switch over. I do NOTdo dope sick well either. I had a physically mind fucking habit and now that I keep reading all these bad stories I am very scared. Puking is my only issue. I heard gravol or something like that wouldnt help much would it? If anyone can talk to me about it I would appreciate it. I'm so scared after reading that

Anyways...now that I got that cleared up Ill tell about my opinion and why I voted for methadone.

Straight up, My experience with suboxone always sucked. i was on it for over a year and never had nothing but misery and failure.

Lightitup, IDK your experience with methadone, I think you really got some misconceptions about how it works. Iunno where you got the idea that if you cravin dope when you on the clinic, you can just use. It dont work that way at all. I mean, you CAN do it, but you aint gonna get high for shit. Any dose thats worth a fuck will block your dope. And all clinics are required to do random urine testing AT LEAST once a month, so you never know when you gonna go in the next day and get a piss test. You get a shitty not-even-high, no matter if you keep bootin double your dose you cant break thru and catch that rush and nod, the done just overpowers it completely, and then you never know when you gonna go in the next day and get handed a piss cup. you come up dirty, and your clinic can do all kinda shit. For example the dreaded "administrative detox" where they detox you as fast as legally possible for failing piss tests and not "complying", etc. You can get your dose reduced, lose your take homes, etc. It really aint some shit that you can just get high whenever you want if you feel like it, cuz for one you dont get high and second the consequences make it totally no worth it at all.

Thats why I feel the opposite of how you do. In my opinion, methadone does a way better job of stabilizing your life and keepin you off dope than sub. the done makes the dope worthless. You can take like, 30, 40 mg of done and still break thru kinda, but anything above that, at least in my experience and believe me i tried many many times, always just ends up as "blah". There aint no rush, you can barely feel the dope, it reallllly aint worth it. and if you only on 30 or 40mg of done and thats enough to hold you, you prolly didnt need to be on it anyways and woulda been ok with suboxone.

Now, about the shit u said about methadone is easier to keep using, you dont break free from that lifestyle, etc--I really disagree. Its just my opinion tho, neither one of us right or wrong but Im just swayin. This is my 2--

Suboxone is the ULTIMATE ENABLER...It makes it sooooo easy to stay in that junkie lifestyle and keep gettin high and never gettin nowhere. For me, suboxone is just treading water. So many people just use it to avoid bein sick when they gotta stop using. Its "withdrawal insurance". Sure if you using it and really trying to get clean thats different, but Ima get to that later-For me, it was impossible to get clean usin sub even when i really tried, becuz it sucked so bad and was such a piece of shit, ineffective garbage drug.

But, before i get into that, i just wanted to say that just like mad people on here, I used on sub all the fuckin time. Suboxone makes it sooooo fuckin easy to just jump on and off back and forth. IMO, Methadone is WAAAAAAY more likely to keep you on a long term dope free existence than sub. In a clinic you cant skip a dose or the will half your dose the next day, and if you skip a dose you get a immediate piss test the next day in most places too. So, if you want to get high you cant just not show up and skip your dose so you can use or u gonna end up with definate consequences. With sub you can just stop anytime you want, take 2mg at 9 in the morning and by 5 that afternoon you can be bootin dope without a care in the world. You can take sub all week long and then get high on the weekend and do that shit indefinitely. For me , sub made the lifestyle of staying on dope sooo easy, and it gave me no reason to quit. I could just do dope as long as i wanted then when i ran out of money or dope I could just take my sub and avoid bein sick til i could cop again. It just kept me in that cycle.

And when i finally did try to really get my shit together on sub....forget about it. Fuckin trash-ass bullshit piece of shit excuse for a treatment. I always, constantly felt like shit. regardless of my dose, from 16 to 20 to 32 mg, no matter wat I took (and my doc would put me up higher when i told him i was still hurtin) i never felt 100%. I always felt like i was still sick. sub made me feel like, 65% not sick and still 35% sick. I never got good relief from it. I could never sleep, and i had the worst fuckin depression on that shit. It wasnt just the "i aint on dope" depression, i actually felt better MENTALLY, when i wasnt on sub and was sick, than i did on it. obviously the physical WDs made me have to take the sub, but my mental state was better when i wasnt on it, shit was like it actually triggered depression in me, it was mad weird. Seriously, every hour i spent on Suboxone was like pure fucking torture. i absolutely despise that fuckin drug. It never did shit for me, it just wasted my time and money for a long time. Like i said--dont put it off on me not trying. Cuz yea, for a long time i just used it as a way to keep gettin high witout havin to kick. But once i did really honestly give sobriety a shot on that shit, it did NOT help me at all, not in the slightest. all i could ever think about was when i could get high again and how bad i wish i could be high, etc.

On methadone its like the COMPLETE opposite. Seriously this shit saved my fuckin life. From day 1 of being on it, its like i was a totally new person. I been on it over a year now and yo, word bond, i am so much of a different person that it aint even believable. its just absolutely insane how different I am now with the methadone.

Cravings for dope? Methadone straight DEADED that shit, oh my god, it straight up STOMPED the FUCK outta my dope cravings. Its like it goes in my brain and hits all those good pleasure spots that dope used to hit, without all the bullshit associated with dope, without a high, but just doin all the good shit that dope used to do as a self-medication, you know? its like magic, god damn I love the things it does for me.

Another issue for me is that I got in a car accident a few years ago and fucked up my back, and had a injury at one of my old jobs and on top of both of those I did manual labor for a few years. I got a LOT of back pain. Without any opiate meds, I literally cant walk straight without a limp cuz the pain shoots down my leg. I cant move certain ways, i get "stuck" in certain positions and the pain is so bad that i cant move myself and got to have somebody actually pick me up and move me. That pain was with me so bad when i was on Suboxone. it didnt do SHIT for pain. It was horrible. Im sure that was part of why i was so miserable on it too, becuz i was sufferin all the time and couldnt move around that great. The Methadone straight up annihilates pain. Well, not quite, im on 90mg and I can still feel intense pain THRU that 90mg alot of the time, but the point is that without it, Id be a fuckin cripple. methadone is a seriously wonderful painkiller, its better IMO than oxy, and even Opana. nothing comes close to it for long term, heavy duty pain relief. So for me personally thats one more thing that makes me love it, even tho the majority of people aint got that situation and is strickly lookin at it from a addiction treatment point of view.

it also helps that I dont go to a clinic for my done. I get a script from a doctor, for pain management. i HAVE been a patient of the clinic in the past , twice.

And i would say, that EVEN GOING TO A CLINIC, Methadone STILL wins for me, HANDS DOWN.

I rather go to the clinic every fuckin day of the week and get my dose than go to a Sub dr. once every 2 months for a refill. Real talk, it aint no question. Methadone is the best treatment that is available, IMO. For me, in my experience, suboxone aint nothing like the miracle drug that its suppose to be.

I honestly believe that for some people, sub just dont work. I have noticed that for people who have smaller dope habits, and who are hooked on painkillers instead of heroin, suboxone seems to work great. matter fact, for somebody who is addicted to Oxy or somethin like that, I would actually discourage them from going on Methadone--like i have heard ppl here before say, its like using a sledgehammer to kill an ant.

but all the people I known who was some serious dopeheads, who had a heavy duty habit, methadone has been the only option that helped them. i know it was that way for me. And my habit wasnt even that huge. But for people who only do like, a bundle a day, 15 bags a day, a half a g or a g a day, sub seems to hold them OK. Its the people who do half a brick, 30 bags, a brick a day, that need methadone. thats just my totally un scientific opinion based off the shit I seen in myself and my friends, but take it for wat you want to.
I would shoot up like 10 bags or something like that a day. I just never could wait. I would end up feeling soo bad. I would be laying in my bed and feel like I was dying. I wish I never got myself into this mess. It's been about 8 months. Fucking stupid idea. A lo of people say high when they say sedation. When I started methadone I would feel like shit at 50 and I remember the doses going up and It always made me nod. Not like im high nod---but a uncomfortable am I gonna be ok nod. I should have stayed at the lowest dose I could which seemed like 75mgs. I was not the BIGGEST dopehead but It helped me. I mean subs just stopped wd sypmtoms not cravings which was my problem, and the first time I took them it made me nauseated from all hell for 18 hours.. I don't think its an issue anymore though. I am sooo confused.

Suboxone, it actually changed my perception on things alot. When I had opiates infront of me like oxy and dilauladid, I didn't go nuts like I usually would. I was just so set on the routine of taking a pill twice a day under my tongue, and that sick taste it always left in my mouth..

I was pretty calm and balanced. But, I could never stand the taste of that shit. I got so sick of putting that pill under my tongue I tryed snorting it whenever I could, but then would get that nasty drip.

So it worked pretty well, but the paws from it were bad..

Methadone I think is good if you want to feel high, like a normal opiate, or somthing similar. I think some people might get put on suboxone and miss out on the high and switch back to full agonist opiates. However I had a friend that was so addicted to methadone, it seemed like they were more addicted to it then dope. The withdrawal is so fucking terrible, but I still think it's good for people that want to feel high..

I cant imagine how bad the paws are. So I think that suboxone is the number 1 choice, with methadone comming in at second sense the withdrawal is so bad, if it wasn't for that then it would be first.

Suboxone wins

From a purely recreational point of view, Methadone wins hands down. I get a weird, buzzy, sketchy feeling from subs- it's hard to explain but I just don't like it. I agree with Lacey that sub just doesn't work for certain people.

Methadone is one of my favorite opiates. Probably because my DOC is pod tea- 'done is pretty similar- long lasting, noddy, itchy, euphoric. Just an all around nice opiate. Sub doesn't come close.

'm actually very very scared after reading about op being hospitalized twice. I was told from my clinic go to a hospital always if something goes wrong or you want to switch over. I do NOTdo dope sick well either. I had a physically mind fucking habit and now that I keep reading all these bad stories I am very scared. Puking is my only issue. I heard gravol or something like that wouldnt help much would it? If anyone can talk to me about it I would appreciate it. I'm so scared after reading that

I was kicked outta the clinic for not getting clean after a year and used right along with my 120mg dose. ALthough they say there is no difference in methadone, this clinics methadone was weak, I could feel every bit of that dope. My new clinics methadone seems so much stronger. At 40 mgs, i couldnt feel the dope anymore. But I digress, I had been 3 days off clinic, my husband got aressted, and my family found out (15 years nobody knew) so they took my kids, sent me into rehab. Detox gave me 20 mgs after just being on 120 plus the dope, so I suffered and puking is my biggest symptom. Nonstop, heaving, puking and more heaving. Plus of course, sweating, freezing, the tastes, the smells, the aches, you know the drill. They gave me shots of bentyl and that other anti-nausea, nothing helped.

They released me after 4 days into a rehab and that is where they took me to the hospital a day later. I was nowhere ready to leave detox. I guess the insurance thought differently. I couldn't sit up straight for at least a month. And methadone is funny, you will start feeling better and the next day, it starts all over again. So if you taper and jump onto sub correctly, it wont be like that at all. It was 2 weeks into rehab, I started puking constantly again, so they sent me for fluids again. I was so weak. I felt like jumping in front of a moving truck, just because I thought it would make me feel better than I was feeling. That is how crazy I get being dopesick Even my eyelashes hurt and there was no relief. Isnt it funny how coming off opiates, we refer to ourselves as percentages. 20% better, I feel 70% today, etc.

Who, what idiot sadist comes up with Suboxone. A medicine you have to wait be sick before you take it. The whole chase is about keeping that sickness away at all costs.

Good luck to you, you will be fine doing it that way, just go slooowww when you start getting to the low numbers. Sorry for the hijack

All the people who keep talking about "methadone is great if you want to get high" obviously dont know wat they are talking about when it comes to methadone maintenance...Im sorry guys, I dont mean that in a mean way, but seriously, YOU DONT GET HIGH ON METHADONE WHEN YOU ON MMT....Even if you take way more than you should yuo just end up feelin tired or fallin asleep. I been on this shit a long time and i never been able to experience a high from it.

You got to understand--you CAN get high on it--IF YOU AINT ON MAINTENANCE. You can get high as shit on methadone if you dont use it every damn day and aint maintained on it. If you use it like a recreational thing once in a while youll get a great high. But dont assume that for people on MMT its like that. it realy, really aint.

When people say methadone is only good for addicts who want to keep gettin high, it makes me want to pull my hair out. Seriously, that is one of the BIGGEST mis conceptions and myths that keeps uneducated people thinkin methadone is somethin totally different than it is. You DONT get high on maintenance, IDK how many times i gotta repeat that for people to really get it....The first week or so, not even, you will feel sedated as you get used to the dose but after that forget about it, thats it, you aint gonna catch no high from that shit.

Methadone is great for people who want to get clean and get their life together, people who suboxone will just not work for. That shit could never touch me. couldnt fix the WD's, couldnt fix the cravings, it was just hell in a pill. The shit is just evil, to me at least. Its the worst fucking drug, i cant stand it, its horrible. On methadone I dont get high in the slightest. I dont even notice that Im on it. I just live a normal life, finally. It changed my whole life, when i was on dope its like, all the reasons I used to do dope for, all the shit that dope did for me that was positive, methadone does that for me but without all the shitty bullshit consequences that comes from it. when i say positive i mean the ways i usd dope as a self medication--to kill anxiety and depression, etc...methadone makes me so happy to be on it but it aint a fake happy like you get from drugs, I mean i am honestly, really happy and satisfied with my life and its so real, it feels so good, i can actually finally enjoy my life again. i NEVER had anything even CLOSE to that on Sub, only pure misery.

Yall who keep perpetuating the "methadone is for junkies who dont want to get clean who want to keep getting high" myth...Thumbs down yall, it aint good to be passing on misinformation. i know you aint tryna do it and you are just repeating the things you know about it, so I dont hold it against you--Im just tryna educate yall about it so you know the truth of it , one person at a time. None of us likes myths about drugs to be gettin spread, right? when you hear someone say some ignorant shit about weed or E or wtfever you feel like yo, why you SAYING that, thats so wrong, dont spread that wrong information around! well I feel that way when i hear people bad mouth methadone by saying some shit that aint even true. so dont take it personal when I correct it or say somethin about it, cuz it aint about you its just about gettin the real facts out there to overcome the myths and misconceptions people got about methadone.