• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

California Rejects Marijuana Legalization

Sorry if someone has already stated this, but my roommate told me it was voted no because of the lack of detail when it came to the consequences of "Driving under the influence of marijuana"

It seems silly to me for it to continue to be available only by prescription, it has more medical use than alcohol or tobacco in my opinion. With all the shit I've been on, I'll be able to get the 1-year long no limit prescriptions for the rest of my life, and I'm sure I'd pay less going to the dispensary to get it instead of a liquor store or smoke shop.

I was pretty sure it was going to be legalized, since even the people who really don't approve of it think it will help California's budge crisis. I thought it was a step in the right direction for the state/country however, especially how it will cut down a little bit on crime, not that CA police care too much about marijuana posession unless it's a lot or they don't like you for some reason, lol.

The DEA is getting stricter under Obama, at least in California, and we are constantly fighting to keep dispensaries open. We are going to have to fight a LOT harder if we expect to win this thing.

Well, I certainly voted. 2012, the world ends with weed finally being legalized in Cali. :\

a government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have , stay out of my stash fuckers , who ever decided it was a schedule 1 narcotic is an idiot !!!!!!j

it blows my mind how a stigma can still controll the minds of the masses when it is quite overt that marijuana is safer than anything out there , when i have kids id much rather them smoke a joint than go out and get drunk

I'm disgusted that it is still illegal. I have to hide it much more so than gay people have to be "in the closet." And it is nothing to be ashamed of and we should not be looked at as criminals because of it.
I just got a job in a dispensary. I will fight for my right to use cannabis..

If total legalization is too much for society why dont they just lobby to reduce the penaltys for possesion of marijuana? Instead of being thrown in jail for obtaining a near harmless plant why dont they just implicate fines? The prisons are already overcrowded as it is and by doing this it would help save money and be 1 step closer to legalization. If i were to get caught i would much rather pay a $50 ticket then be thrown in prison.

Maybe Mr. Ramos prefers McDogTurd Brand? At least Marlboro doesn't try to rip me off by putting 18 moldy cigs in a pack!

Well if you live in California MJ isn't much of a problem, it seems to me. Whenever I travel between LA and NY its like crossing from Amsterdam to Indonesia.

This thing was badly formulated and eventually, unless our government opposes it so strongly that it should incite a serious fight for civil rights (like the black and gay communities in the past who needed to fight for the right to call themselves human). I'm just afraid of people being so complacent and doing nothing even if the majority is in favor of legalization. Denying us this when its in popular support is spitting on our democracy and constitution.

In a few months prop 1550 is going infront of the legislation here in Washington state. Medical marijuana is already utilized here. This bill, if passed will allow pot to be taxed, dispensed to of age citizens and tackle some of our states monstrous debt. Good things all around. Keep your eyes on WA. This is long overdue. And personally, living here and talking with people about it I really believe it has a chance to go through.