Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(NBOMe-2C-I aka 25I-NBOMe), experienced

Erny

Bluelighter
This is a description of a trip with 3 mg 2C-I-NBOMe I had recently, a chemical dr Nichols and Wikipedia also call 25I-NBOMe. It is intended for one specific person, but I think may also give an insight on the nature of NBOMe phenylethylamines you here began to play with.

I must specify here once again that my dosages for NBOMe chemicals are always two to three times higher than those to be normal for most other people. And that my dosages for regular phenylethylamines are rather normal, if not little lower than normal. These 3 mgs should correspond to something around 1,5 mgs for most of the others.

I've risked to take this after not being doing so for almost two years and knowing this should be somewhere near my ceiling "normal" dose (how well the word "normal" fits here I am uncertain). Not risking taking anyone else with me, took a half of it, alone, at home, little past midnight at 00:05, to get used to it and, perhaps, to see, what could probably happen. Almost nothing did - and being sure that I wouldn't lose my mind in the next 40 minutes, took the other half at 00:25. In being so certain I'll be fine I wasn't truly right, but for good after all, as I have got into a repeating trouble with that iodine - it may sometimes be awfully long to peak.

At this point I was feeling only a few side-effects, a chill, some general unease, a cloudiness in mind, and it took another 10 minutes for other effects to start slowly building up. Visual field became grainy with dots and sparkles and lines of light - usual geometrical mesh not yet clearly delineated to catch attention. I was getting tired of being in a light-lit environement and turned the lights off. In semi-darkness all the surfaces were covered with RGB-spots of colour that were slowly moving. "RGB-decomposition" of colours is a known term to name it, that is actually incorrect, it is CMYK-decomposition. This is what every phenylethylamine and most of the tryptamines do with the black colour in regular doses. I percieve 2C-B to "decompose" darkness into deep red vs grass green, yellow would be in the geometrical patterns floating in the air, and black - everywhere. The chemical I am writing about does it to almost precise magenta vs almost precise cyan (perhaps little more green than usual), theese colours are very bright and are the hallmark of 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodo phenylethylamines for me.

I've spent the next hour in an almost the same state, with uneasiness slowly increasing, geometric visuals slowly delineating to appear in a recognisable form. Felt more and more cold and had to bundle up a little, the temperature outside also dropped to zero deg. C at that time. At the end of the first hour I was barely at plus two and thought about redosing, for perhaps it was the chemical that have had decomposed, but decided to wait more, clearly the effects had not yet plateaued.

Over the next hour the rate of their intensification seemed to increase more and more on, at the hour and a half mark I've found myself surrounded with extremely sophisticated sparkling geometrical structures through which I could hardly been able to see. The name "air castles" should describe them well I suppose. I was likely unable to put together two words, my thinking became loose, broken and probably meaningless from the point of view of ordinary everyday mindset. Saw objects that were lying on the table to spawn into thousands of images to form true fractals (in the mathematical sense of that word, the structures with self-similarity), suddenly magenta flooded the table and spilled over, then all over the floor as if it was a liquid, next, the whole room became flooded with it, so that while standing on my feet I had to move ankle-deep in something both blood and paint-like. At the same time CMYK filling the visual field was fading away giving place to all the colours of the rainbow.

Found myself almost unable to walk, staggering and nearly falling at times. Thought that it was probably a little too much, more than I wanted to take initially. Felt exhausted (a usual feeling during the come-up on PEAs) and had to lie down on the sofa to rest and also to calm down a little, not successfully. I had a feeling that something is going on behind my back that gave me no moment of peace, whether I was lying or standing at the balcony breathing fresh air and waching the show below. In fact I was constantly circling between theese two places. This feeling, as I thought, was just a sign this hadn't yet peaked and nothing else. Outside there were trees turning into what would probably best called ents in English (by Tolkien, in Russian folklore this would be called "leshiy" - a wood spirit) that were walking back and forth in a light-lit fog, dragons and all sorts of beasts, all looking rather alien. It is also a hallmark of iodine containing phenylethylamines in a huge dose - to make both your perception and thoughts to appear extremely alien or un-natural, as if your mind was placed inside a creature living in an utterly different world, to perceive what it normally perceives through its sense organs. The beasts had shapes resembling those of neurons - a form that is natural indeed, but not the one to be found amidst macroscopic creatures likely to be animals.

Last time that I remember to track was 2:55 am, and I was probably unable to track it later. I don't remember when it actually plateaued, it was 3 full-length albums past the second intake, almost three hours. What I remember is how it did plateaued. The chemical made me feel like all the emotions were removed during the come-up except those that were negative, and that feeling of weirdness, otherwise it was nearly emotionally hollow - something I also remember iodine to do very often. It held them down only to release at the peak to flood me completely. Music began to alter the CEV and OEV imaginery so drastically that I was happy to find the playlist to be over. I had to put something else to hear not what was heard in the silence, and put there the album I had repeatedly chosen when being physically almost unable to perform it, and my personal DOM flashback http://www.discogs.com/Ishvara-Magik-Square-Of-The-Sun/release/415644 Had to stare at the screen point-blank, the letters were constantly changing colour and falling down from the screen.

Enchanced emotional perception is what makes music to become such an experience on psychedelics, music evoke emotions, especially the one that is not to be called mediocre - I thought then. All the negative sensations both physical and mental had gone, there was a heightened body-awareness so much familiar from acid and mushroom trips, felt like it was even better than normal, which is actually a hallucination: it is enough to try to stretch your hands and then touch your nose with your finger with the eyes being closed to receive the evidence of that; a trick I am usually able to perform even being drunk to nearly blackout. The state and the experience were wordless, and I feel I have almost nothing to say about them now. I remember states like this in my plus four trip with 100 mcg of LSD combined with 400 mgs of mescaline, peak mushroom trips, as well as peak trips on PEAs like DOM. It takes your breath away, like when observing something from a great height, at the top of a skyskraper or a mountain.

It probably lasted solid four hours, until the dawn around 7 a. m. I remember seeing darkness to fade away like a paint dissolving in water, I saw objects in my environement to turn into humans, that, with a little effort, I was able to force to move, sort of exercise in sorcery I thought.

At 8 a. m. I tried to sleep, unsuccessfully, these chemicals have a lasting tail of after-effects that doubles their duration at huge doses from 8 hours to 15, and often interferes with sleep.

It snowed outside, first snow that almost instantly thawed, then the sun appeared in an almost clear skies, such a rare occurence late autumn. I was luckily able to get outdoors later. The feeling of a bliss was there throughout the next day, little blurred by the fact I had no sleep. Fell asleep 8 p. m. the next day, tired but satisfied.

Such is the Solaris, and our holy cow, the weakest of halogens. Do not underestimate it, or any of its relatives, regardless of how comparatively weak they are thought to be, they are all potent hallucinogens.

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_25inbome
substancecode_nbomes
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
roacode_sublingual

Last edited by a moderator:
It's nice to see a report on such an unknown chemical, thanks for sharing.

"RGB-decomposition" of colours is a known term to name it, that is actually incorrect, it is CMYK-decomposition.

This made me chuckle. Do you happen to be familiar with graphic design?

I have actually experienced the "RGB dcomposition" effect on mushrooms before. I could literally see 3 membered bunches of red, green and blue dots in uniform arangement in dark areas. It actually looked very similar to viewing at a CRT screen with a magnifying glass.

I imagine "CMYK decomposition" would be pretty cool though. I find the brighter color scheme more appealing than the relatively dark tones RGB (perhaps I I perceived it that way because I associate mushrooms with dark tones typically. 2C-I seem to emphasize the lighter colors in a warm, pastel tone for me).

Did you find this substance to be similar to 2C-I qualitatively?

Somewhat. But more so to DOI in regard its CEV/OEV and LSD - in mindset.

I read the thread about the NBOMe's where you mentioned having experience with 25I-NBOMe, and hoped you would take the time to write a comprehensive trip report about it. You mentioned that this very exotic chemical is making rounds under the street name 'solaris' for some time now. This kindled my interest even further, since this drug is in my mind strongly linked by association to Tarkovsky's 1972 rendering of Lem's story (what a movie!).

I hoped that this modification of the 2C-I molecule would somewhat diminish the anxiety and discomfort during the come up, which can develop into an annoying two-hour ordeal on high oral doses. You mentioned a chill, some general unease, a foggy mind, and building anxiety while the effects were developing. How would you rate the severity of undesired effects during come up in comparison to the parent compound?

There is a second question closely related to the first one. 2C-I seems to be a little harsher on the body than it's cousins of the 2C series. There are side effects that sometimes linger for days after taking this chemical.
For most people they won't even be noticeable, but some seem to be quite susceptible to this weird sensations. They could manifest as slight distortion of vision or color perception, bouts of slight lightheadedness, headache, tiredness, small changes in the way the cardiovascular system responds to strain, and issues with body temperature regulation. They do not appear inevitably, I for once am not prone to experience any of them, but many of my friends complain of hangovers after a hefty dose of 2C-I. You mentioned a lasting tail of aftereffects, but did not elaborate on them, though you mentioned sleeplessness. Would you care to explain the aftereffects of 25I-NBOMe a little more in comparison to 2C-I?

Last edited:
Do you think if this is put on tabs and sold as acid people could be in for a lot of physical trouble like DOB if they eat a 5-10 strip thinking it is LSD.

This is a description of a trip with 3 mg 2C-I-NBOMe I had recently, a chemical dr Nichols and Wikipedia also call 25I-NBOMe. It is intended for one specific person, but I think may also give an insight on the nature of NBOMe phenylethylamines you here began to play with.
perhaps I missed where you said it, but can you say how this NBOMe 2C-I was administrated? sublingual, im,..?

also thanks for the report on this rare compound:)

I believe that thinking in terms of modified 2c-compounds is the wrong way to approach n-BOMe-2c-series compounds; the profile of subjective effects and patterns of SAR are totally different.

ebola

2c-i and 2c-b etc are pretty much perfected drugs. For what theyre supposed to do anyway.
I dont understand the need to get psychedelic drugs in nanogram doses that arent LSD.

As soon as the dragonflys hit the market i knew it would all turn bad and it did.
people died and mis dosed.

I hoped that this modification of the 2C-I molecule would somewhat diminish the anxiety and discomfort during the come up, which can develop into an annoying two-hour ordeal on high oral doses. You mentioned a chill, some general unease, a foggy mind, and building anxiety while the effects were developing. How would you rate the severity of undesired effects during come up in comparison to the parent compound?
If we are talking about 2C-I-NBOMe in regular doses, there is no anxiety at all and the overall discomfort is moderate to weak. Mushrooms are much more anxious during the come-up than 2C-I, even plain 2C-B is more anxious. Unless 2C-I is taken in a huge dose. 60 mg may make you anxious. Same is true for NBOMe-2C-I, or any other psychedelic, and taking into consideration it is much more potent not only in terms of dosage, you may guess now what was the real source of that anxiety.

I've heard such complaints about 2C-I, as well, as it's being a sort of "psychedelic speed", etc, but never heard anything like that about NBOMe-2C-I. The frequency of the appearance of negative reactions to this chemical seems to be much lower than that of any other well explored NBOMe molecule (those are B, C and N), and lower than with most of the DOX.

After-effects I was talking about are not real after-effects, it's just the chemical that haven't left the body completely. I was actually still tripping. With a regular dose you will feel almost normal yet not completely at the baseline during this time, and most probably will be able to sleep.

planckunit said:
perhaps I missed where you said it, but can you say how this NBOMe 2C-I was administrated?
I did not mention that, it was taken intranasally.

ebola? said:
I believe that thinking in terms of modified 2c-compounds is the wrong way to approach n-BOMe-2c-series compounds; the profile of subjective effects and patterns of SAR are totally different.
You are correct.

DiGiTaL-CoRRuPTioN said:
I dont understand the need to get psychedelic drugs
There is no such need, but we are curious to explore something different and that is all it is about.

Erny - with these NBOMe compounds, does 2cc-NBOMe seem a lot like 2c-c, 2c-i-NBOMe seem a lot like 2c-i etc.. like is there a good chance 2c-d-NBOMe is gonna have similar visuals/colors as 2c-d? I know they are different and have different doses, and some sort of backwards potency thing going on, but wondering if generally they are "like" their 2c counterparts?

Erny - with these NBOMe compounds, does 2cc-NBOMe seem a lot like 2c-c, 2c-i-NBOMe seem a lot like 2c-i etc.. like is there a good chance 2c-d-NBOMe is gonna have similar visuals/colors as 2c-d? I know they are different and have different doses, and some sort of backwards potency thing going on, but wondering if generally they are "like" their 2c counterparts?
Is it, perhaps, unclear - what we were just talking about in this theme apropos of their relations with 2C-X? Or what I've written on it in the 2C-D-NBOMe thread in psychedelic forum? It looks as if you haven't read both this same theme and that in the psychedelic forum. Or is it so obscure that you do not understand it completely?

NBOMe-2C-I seem a little like DOI and a little like LSD, NBOMe-2C-C seem a little like DOC and a little like DOI, NBOMe-2C-B - a little like DOB, NBOMe-2C-N seem a little like DON and a little like DMT if you wish to know that.

Last edited:
The frequency of the appearance of negative reactions to this chemical seems to be much lower than that of any other well explored NBOMe molecule (those are B, C and N), and lower than with most of the DOX.
Whilst its subjective appreciation is somewhat like that of DOC - there are plenthy of people who enjoy it, and, perhaps, several people who don't and who also don't sustain any of them well, thinking it's safe is a dangerous misconception.

What is seen in those who don't sustain them well is a little worrifying. Such person will likely lose consciousness and have
epileptic seisures upon overdose. And for it to occur as "little" as 1 mg of this chemical may be enough.

Although there were no documented deaths yet, this shouldn't mean there won't be.

I have actually experienced the "RGB dcomposition" effect on mushrooms before. I could literally see 3 membered bunches of red, green and blue dots in uniform arangement in dark areas.
How many colors are there in the rainbow? For me, the word "blue" refers to a color inbetween approx. 440 and 485 nm, "green" - 500 and 550 nm. I have never seen blue in this visual decomposition effect of any psychedelic at moderate dose. But I do often see cyan there.

Does anyone know if N-Benzyloxycarbonyl(or "z-group") will substitute for NB-phenethylamines

Very unlikely, you'd lose the basicity of the amine and therefore a key bonding interaction.

I know exactly what you mean about RGB vs. CMYK visuals. Trypamines always give me the former, MD(M)A the latter with the 2Cs somewhere in between.

Would love to hear ANYTHING whatsoever relating to dosages and administration. I see talk of few reports but have only found 1 report that goes into any depth at all, the others are only snips and that doesn't sit well with me.