• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why is Kratom Not Working -- Dammit !!!

K12

Bluelighter
Ok so a friend is a Kratom fanatic. He loves the stuff and swears by it. So I just bought this so-called "super-potent" extract that didn't do shit. I practically took the whole bottle. What am I supposed to do, just buy the powder form and go through the whole long process of preparing it? If the super extracts don't even work then what's the point of them even being around? I'm kinda pissed about this. I was looking forward to being kratomized.

Anyone got any advice? Thanks guys and gals.

A few possible reasons:

1. Your vendor fucked you.

2. You're a junkie.

3. You're expecting too much from it. From the perspective of anyone who has done any real opiates, it is really fucking weak. I mean you have to concentrate hard to notice any effects.

I never felt kratom untill I manned up and bought a batch of 20x extract New guinea strain...If it's actually 20X and from New guinea...probably not entirely true.

A few possible reasons:

1. Your vendor fucked you.

2. You're a junkie.

3. You're expecting too much from it. From the perspective of anyone who has done any real opiates, it is really fucking weak. I mean you have to concentrate hard to notice any effects.

I didn't know that you have to concentrate hard to know that the kratom is working. I just thought you could take it and feel the shit. Dudes on this board are comparing it to 7 or 8 extra stength Vicodin. What gives?

Anyway, no I'm not a junkie. I take medication for ADHD. Not sure if this is why the Kratom isn't working for me.

nah, there is NO world of comparison that would compare kratom to even 2 vicodin much less 7 or 8, and what the hell is extra strength, there is the 5's, 7.5's, and 10's, there not called "extra strength" like tylonol. lol

the kratom is not working because kratom is rubbish. use your kratom money to get some smack.

You probably got bad stuff. I tried kratom (got it from a guy I know with no details on it) and definately felt it, even with a moderate opiate tolerance. It is somewhat subtle, if you are expecting it to feel like an oxy 40 you'll be disappointed, and there are obviously cheaper ways to get an opiate high, but I would certainly not call it garbage.

nah, there is NO world of comparison that would compare kratom to even 2 vicodin much less 7 or 8, and what the hell is extra strength, there is the 5's, 7.5's, and 10's, there not called "extra strength" like tylonol. lol

Huh? Vicodin ES a.k.a. Vicodin Extra Strength. So yes, actually the vicodin es is called "vicodin extra strength"

Come on guys. Doesn't anyone know why the extract is not as potent as the powder leaf form (that's what I've read on this board). I've shelled out quite a bit of coin thinking kratom is like taking 7 or 8 extra strength vicodin, acc'd to people posting on BL. Thank You

Huh? Vicodin ES a.k.a. Vicodin Extra Strength. So yes, actually the vicodin es is called "vicodin extra strength"

Come on guys. Doesn't anyone know why the extract is not as potent as the powder leaf form (that's what I've read on this board). I've shelled out quite a bit of coin thinking kratom is like taking 7 or 8 extra strength vicodin, acc'd to people posting on BL. Thank You
The ES refers to the amount of tylenol in the pills, 500 mgs vs 325. More to the point, yes the extracts are usually a rip off. I know nothing about the kratom I tried except that it was leaves, and it worked surprisingly well, given my opiate tolerance.

One reason the extracts might not work is we still aren't positive of the active alkaloids in kratom. I know I phrased that wrong (scientifically), but the general idea is true; one chemical used to be thought to be the active part of kratom but now a different chemical is thought to be the part that gets you high. I promise that just normal "bali kratom" or "commercial kratom" or whatever the vendor calls it will work better than kratom extracts.

I promise that just normal "bali kratom" or "commercial kratom" or whatever the vendor calls it will work better than kratom extracts.

Well there is only one way to find out folks. So I ordered Kratom. It was either that or Pods (for ornamental purposes only ;) ) and I chose to order Kratom leaf. It must be strong if people in Indo-China are tearing down Kratom trees and giving citizens the death penalty for using it. Yeah the extract must not contain the good stuff I don't care how potent it is. I'm just going to take 10 grams of Kratom leaf powder and see how kratomized it gets me.

I have NEVER heard or kratom. Sounds like something I wouldn't waste my money on. Sorry you didn't get high dude. Stick with opiates you know.

Kratom is a nice opioid in my opinion. But some places sell pre-packaged rubbish.

O.K. One week (or less) delivery time. Now I've read that starting dose of the leaf is anywhere from 2 grams up to 10 grams, and most say that it feels like Vicodin. We'll see.

The only thing I don't like is the 8 hour high it supposedly gives. A little too long for my taste. I like 1 or 2 hours max. Then be done with it.

An 8 hour high equivalent to 7 or 8 vicodins from kratom? you're set up for dissapointment. Pods can give you a high of that strength/length pretty easily, but it will be a morphine high, not a hydro high.

if you must compare kratom to hydro, i'd think a decent dose might be worth 10mg, with a little more stimulation up front, and an hour or two extra "high". Not worth it for someone with tolerance...except to help wd's.

Ok guys my kratom powder LEAF arrived in the mail yesterday. I opened it up and measured out 6 grams. It smells nasty. I mixed it with some tea and honey for better taste and I am just starting to feel the effects from it. Will let you guys know. It's only been 15 minutes.

Holy Shit! As I am typing this I feel very warm, sedated but have a rush. It is very peaceful. I just want to listen to music and chill or watch a good movie and relax. To me it feels like swiggin down a few vikes or even oxy. I can see why they're bulldozing kratom trees all over Malasia. The shit has got me blitzed. I would say it is like 4 or 5 Vicodin 7.5/750 mg (to me). I am surprised how strong this stuff is. I just bought regular leaf. Nothing special. This is obviously a leaf people could easily get addicted to.