• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why is Kratom Not Working -- Dammit !!!

O.K. so this was Bali.....

I also tried the extracts which are shit...

Just tried the Indonesian the other day

Anyone comment on the best kratom?

Red or green vein? Malasian or Thai kratom...... comments?

I prefer UEI kratom myself (ultra enhanced indo). I go with the toss n' wash method, but with the commercial leaf it's quite a labor to get down 16 grams. With the UEI, I can bomb just 1.25 grams and be good to go. Kinda pricey compared with commercial leaf, but I prefer the simplicity.
The bali tends to be more sedating, the thai kratom (which I think red and green vein are varieties of) are more stimulating.
Make sure your vendor is reputable!

That's because for most people the effects they experience from Kratom are mild. Clearly your Kratom fanatic friend is quite an exception (or perhaps just hasn't done much of any drugs at all in his lifetime), but for the vast majority of people I believe it generally can be expected to produce a mild (perhaps moderate for some people) buzz, NOT a crazy awesome high or anything.

O.K. so this was Bali.....

I also tried the extracts which are shit...

Just tried the Indonesian the other day

Anyone comment on the best kratom?

Red or green vein? Malasian or Thai kratom...... comments?
definitively thai kratom... 3\6 fresh leaves to chew and you'll be in paradise... do not even dream about to sleep. thai kratom it is really stimulant... 2\6 hrs effect...

I think Bali is the best for the more opiate-like high. Thai is, as mentioned, much more stimulating.

just tried 2.5 grams of indonesian white vein kratom powder in my tea,this my first time,i only drank the tea around 10minutes ago so im yet to feel any effects..how long should i wait before redosing?

2.5 is not very much, especially in tea... I don't know how much exactly to use in tea to give effects similar to like ~7 grams eaten, but that's about what you're aiming for...

Ok so a friend is a Kratom fanatic. He loves the stuff and swears by it. So I just bought this so-called "super-potent" extract that didn't do shit. I practically took the whole bottle. What am I supposed to do, just buy the powder form and go through the whole long process of preparing it? If the super extracts don't even work then what's the point of them even being around? I'm kinda pissed about this. I was looking forward to being kratomized.

Anyone got any advice? Thanks guys and gals.

If by "long process" you mean 1 whole minute of simply tossing and washing, then yeah, its a long process.

Kratom is hit or miss, especially alot of the commercial crap stuff in American, however, there are fantastic batches and strains in America.

Maeng Da Thai mixed with a potent Bali from a good source would be nice.....they are 2 strong strains, with emphasis on the Maeng.

Thai's are stimulating. Indo's/bali's are sedating...thai's, imo, are stronger, generally. 8-14g of a good strain, on a TOTALLY EMPTY STOMACH, toss and washed, should set you right. It is subtle, but noticeable at the same time and can often take a couple of tries to fully appreciate it.

I re-dose every 2 or 3 hours for the same effects.

I am now trying premium quality Indonesian from mature plants as opposed to just regular Bali. Anyway, it is surprisingly stimulating. I would definitely compare it to an herbal hydrocodone.

I wonder about Thai and Malasian kratom. I mean how stimulating can they be? Very good quality Indonesian (but NOT enhanced, ie - no extracts!) IS stimulating enough for me.

Kratom, generally, is a stimulating buzz in that it makes you happier and more content to do whatever. I used to use it at work every single day for 3 years on the tro, was the only happy cunt there.Made the day a breeze.

At a lower dose, kratom will feel more stimulating....reach up to the 12g mark of that indo, and you will be more sedated, undoubtedly.

How are ytou ingesting it? How much have you had? Are you feeling it?

Toss and wash your dose in one go when you next do it.

Yeah, the Ultra enhanced indo is the strongest variety available albeit expensive, but will FUCK your day up ( in a good way)

yea get some uei...only shit i fuck with

not gonna get into prices or vendors but its not cheap

and people who say kratom isnt like an opiate high

1, injects heroin 4-5 times a day
2. isnt doing it right
3. just says it to be cool

kratom has a thin fucking line though between greatness and bad shit

1.5 g of uei is roughly like 20 mg oxycodone

sometimes even better...

Kratom is very interesting and wonderful plant ally.
I use the strait leaf, powdered. It works Really well for me. I love it. Extremely helpful for pain. Gives energy. Mood elevator. It has mild entheogenic effects, not hallucinations, but positive effects for enhancing the mind, facilitating peace and insight. And none of the negative side effects that often accompany true opiates, like respiratory depression.

Here are some factors to consider for why your stuff didn't work.

1. Kratom affects different people differently.
2. There are many different types and qualities of Kratom out there.
3. If it is taken on a very full stomach it can be harder to notice the effects.
4. If it is mixed with other drugs/medicines that might cover up the effects, etc.

I've noticed Kratom works differently for different people. One friend of mine gets almost no effect from Kratom at all. She has to take a big dose, and then it just makes her really sick, nauseous like opiate side effect nausea.

But for me I get a strong effect from a small dose (when I have no opiate tolerance built up). And I have a long history of opiate use, so my system is familier with the opiate family. I get very strong positive mood enhancement. For me Kratom is a very effective anti-depressant. It is also super excellent for Opiate withdrawals. I used it to come off of a strong Pod addiction and it was a miracle cure. A small dose took ALL the withdrawals away and made me feel better than when I was taking the Pods. I tend to like Kratom better than true Opiates. I had a strong tolerance and wicked painful WD's from the Pods too. I'm very very thankful that Kratom is available to help with opiate withdrawals. It is miraculous. I really hope the government dosen't take this miraculous helpful plant away from us.

The stimulant effect is very nice, not like caffeine, not like amphetamines and not like Yohimbe (which it is related to). Kratom energy is unique.
Another friend of mine is affected very heavily by a relatively small dose, but for her she gets very drugged, very tired, mildly dizzy and disoriented, a lot of nausea. But no energy and very little positive effect, no mood elevation.

Kratom has a lot of active alkaloids. Some are totally unique and all in all Kratom affects numerous body/brain systems, although the primary effect is at the Mu Opiate receptors. So it is likely to be experienced differently by different people, since everyone has a different bio-chemical make-up.

Actually, many drugs are like this, some people just don't get any or very little effect from certain drugs. Some people can take a very large dose of psilicybin mushrooms and get little to no effect. Many people get really drugged and wasted from Marijuana, loss of memory and brain function (while high), which is especially true for me. I actually get very powerful psychedelic effects, on par with Salvia Divinorum from Pot, (seriously, no kidding). But I've known some people who's brain function is enhanced by Marijuana use. I knew this guy who is a computer guru genius. He smokes tons of pot all the time and it has no negative effects on his technological skill. He is also a skilled artist and glass blower.
Many people get drained and lazy on Pot. One friend of mine experiences intense energy and gets into a really positive mood from smoking Pot.

The other possibility is that Kratom potency, quality and effect profile can vary dramatically from batch to batch and from where it is harvested.
I've always purchased strait dry leaf. Never enhanced or altered in any way, which I believe is the best way, so far.
I've got stuff that is very exceptionally energetic. While most Kratom is kind of in the middle for energy. Some Kratom is very sedating. This is not due to dosage as the effect profile remains the same no matter what dose was used. (I know it's well accepted that Kratom provides more stimulation at low dose and more opiate sedation at higher dose, which has some truth to it, in my experience.)

Some Kratom has a very powerful opiate effect. One batch I got was extremely disappointing. It was a kilo from Jakarta, of "green vein" supposedly. The leaf was very dry and green and had a fresh delicious strong taste unique to Kratom. It was real Kratom and it tasted like it should be strong. But it had absolutely No opiate effect at all. Very disappointing. My friend who usually gets No effect from Kratom says she gets a really good stimulant effect from that batch. But I get nothing at all except for really sick at a high enough dose. Ironic that it would be reversed between me and her for that batch.

Concentrated extracts and especially resins are questionable in my opinion. One never knows how the processing was performed so it could affect the alkaloid content in various ways.

In my experience the duration of effect from Kratom lasts about 10 hours. The main effect is clearly 4-6 hours, but for me there is a noticeable positive effect lasting the whole day. For opiate withdrawals I had to dose 3 times per day though.
After 6 months of using every day for pain and mood therapy my tolerance brought me to a point where I had to quit and return to baseline. The WD's from Kratom were pretty bad, although not as bad as true opiates. The worst part was the depression. As wonderful as Kratom is as a mood elevator, it is equally the opposite when withdrawling for causing depression. Absolutely horrible, the worst depression I've ever had.

So use Kratom carefully. Only a few times a week at most, perhaps less, maybe just on the weekends.

^ im glad it works for you.

i tried 5grams in total last night and it didnt do anything for me,maybe i got ripped off...

Last edited:
In my experience, the degree of kratom's enjoyable effecrs, moreso than most other substances, is very, very dose dependent, a bit like 5-Meo-mipt. 5 grams of Bali powder gave me nothing but an annoying stimulation, and doses over 9 grams made me nauseous. For me the magic of kratom came with roughly 7-8 grams Bali. You just need to find that magic amount.

^Are you still making tea or swallowing the leaves whole? 7g is probably sufficient for swallowing the leaves in capsules or whatever, but for tea, that is probably not enough...

^Are you still making tea or swallowing the leaves whole? 7g is probably sufficient for swallowing the leaves in capsules or whatever, but for tea, that is probably not enough...
i made tea from powder.

i did actually feel something,i made my other post a little hastily,although what i did feel was not good,nauseas,lethargic :(

Ummm... kratom feels waaaaaaaaay too euphoric. If I up my dose a little it feels like a moderate dose of oxy 15-25 mgs or if my dose is a little lower I would say it feels like 35 or 40 mgs of Vicodin. So why when I stop taking it do I feel absolutely no withdrawal or after effects? What is this drug some elixir from heaven?