If you could go back in time...

Man I love to see so much Nirvana in this thread :)
I would like to add seeing Hendrix play, anything pre-woodstock....with the original lineup!

i would go back in time and see, Rolling stones, The door (before Jim got fat & lost his voice), The Grateful dead and Nirvana (when they played Festival Hall,Melb. AUST

1. Woodstock

2. Bob Marley's One Love Peace concert

3. Nirvana (any)

This. Plus:

4. KISS, doesn't matter which one, as long as Gene Simmons spits blood and flies while performing God of Thunder.

5. Any Rakim show.

6. Grateful Dead

Last edited:
I'd have to go see Stevie Ray Vaughn and Queen while Mercury was still alive. Then I'd hit up the 40's and check out Harry James and Duke Ellington. Then WAY back to see Paganini, Wagner, and Tchaikovsky.

louis armstrong ?

woodstock as a festival would be pretty interesting indeed

the wailers ? when bob made 2 politician shake hands

james brown live at the apolo

sam cook at the harlem club

charles mingus at the bohemia

velvet underground when cage was still in it

when jimi burned his guitar
Great list!

I would add:

The Stooges when Iggy walks out onto the crowd.

Kansas City when the town was covered in jazz bars, cooking all night long & Harlem in the 50's for the same thing.

BUMP

Pretty solid question, IMO.

Can't say I really have an answer right now.

It would have to be The Beatles. Maybe during the recording of 'All You Need Is Love' sitting on John Lennon's knee.

Prodigy Acid House days would have been lit. Tiesto for the millenium? Any of the Love festival stuff. I missed out on when Psy, goa was a thing.
Sabbath and Zeppelin and Santana I think would have been a great time, hard rock in the 70s.