Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part 2+2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Nice and mellow track, I really liked the melody. I liked it most until about 3:00, when there were more layers of melodies that weren't as good as in the beginning of the track. Still all in all, a solid track. 7/10

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Silent Running

I wasn't really feeling this. I can really get into some ambient stuff but this just wasn't doing it for me. I think it wasn't interesting enough for active listening but not chilled enough to be relaxing. 4/10

Louderbach - Grace (Anxiety)

The chances of two random people being in the same headspace to appreciate the same song are astronomical.
Therefore, I was quite taken aback when I found your choice of song for this thread to be among the brightest
stars in the firmament of human achievement: 11/10

God Moving Over The Face of The Waters ~ Moby

The chances of two random people being in the same headspace to appreciate the same song are astronomical.
Therefore, I was quite taken aback when I found your choice of song for this thread to be among the brightest

"Avril 14th" by Aphex Twin

"Avril 14th" by Aphex Twin

I liked the track. Mellow and hypnotic, very stylish ambient. If I listen to music when meditating this is the kind of music I listen to. The track was a bit too long, I don't have any problems with tracks as long as this (or even longer), but for a 20+ min track I would maybe have hoped for the track to "evolve" a bit more, so the track would be like a storytelling. Still, very good. 7/10

Intersperse - Equanimity

I liked the track. Mellow and hypnotic, very stylish ambient. If I listen to music when meditating this is the kind of music I listen to. The track was a bit too long, I don't have any problems with tracks as long as this (or even longer), but for a 20+ min track I would maybe have hoped for the track to "evolve" a bit more, so the track would be like a storytelling. Still, very good. 7/10

Intersperse - Equanimity

This track was okay. I'm not convinced by the combo of ambient/ethereal vibe with drum and bass percussion. It took me back to a simpler era of electronic music, which was reinforced by the incredibly old school video. Overall this audiovisual experience evoked in me a profound sense of nostalgia, although I can't really put my finger on where I've heard these sounds before. I guess this could be regarded as a kind of achievement. 6/10

Darkstar - Thugged Out 9

Yeh it was ok. 6/10

Fucking fuck!

I had to listen to the track two times. The first time I was too distracted by the video to focus on the track...Tbh this is probably the worst track I've ever rated here. I actually listened to it a third time, really trying to find anything good in it but couldn't. Annoying baseline, annoying melody, annoying vocals. Just an annoying track from the beginning to the end. I'm sorry but I have to give it 1/10

Now let's go old school:

X-Dream - Do You Believe?

cyc, I hope that was a joke because that was so awful....lol

The, x-dream is just another one of those tracks that gives you an idea on how goa trance started to dabble into the more "psy" trance sound. I mean this track has almost all the qualities of a psytrance track with the exception of the rolling bass. It was quite driving and the melody was quite progressive in the truest sense.

8/10

Olivier Giacomotto - Guacamoli

This thread need more action. Post tracks people! :)

I don't listen to this kind of stuff but I liked the track, but not the vocals. If it would have been without the annoying vocals I would have given it a much higher score. Fat bassline, groovy track, quite dark atmosphere which I liked. 6/10

Pitch Black -Ape to Angel (Bluetech Remix)

At first I was like, 'meh, another 'weird' glitchy, lo fi, beat oreinted song'.
Nothing clever to add to that. I thought it, then gave it a shot and found a decent, though not mind blowing track.
Not sure if it's going into the Borglike Music Collection I have, but it's on the radar, thanks.

Oops, forgot the rating. 6.5/10

Autechre - Gantz Graf
I always hear people say every song is repetitive so...
The video looks better on big screen, with a DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.