• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Dangers of mixing codeine with heroin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedThorn

Bluelighter
About 7 hours ago I had 100mg of codeine then after 3 hours another 100mg.
It's 3 hours after that now, would it be safe enough to smoke heroin, I realise with the potency of the heroin unknown this is hard to answer. I have a medium tolerance to opiates. I reckon if I take it easy and only smoke it, it should be okay. What do you guys think?

Codeine has a 3h half life. 3 hours ofter your initial dose, you still have 100mg/2 = 50mg
So its 50mg+100mg = 150mg after 3 hours it's 75mg.

Up to you if you want to combine 75mg of codeine with heroin.

Last edited:
medium tolerance is different for all different people

it could be 30mg to 300mg lol. depending on who you are asking/hanging out with

well there's codeine in almost all tar heroin, so if you're talking about toxicity you should be ok. if you are talking about OD'ing, nobody can truely answer that cause you're tolerance is unknown. medium tolerance could mean anything, medium to codeine, medium to oxy, medium to heroin, almost every opiate is different so you really cant say medium to opiate, now if you said medium to heroin that would be easier to answer. i would just say take it easy, be careful, be smart.

Thanks for the replys guys. I should have been more specific, I have a medium tolerance to both codeine and heroin. When I say medium I mean I have been using heroin for 3 years once a month, over the past month about 3 times per week. I've had a little so far and feel okay. I will take it easy.

i used to rock 600mg codeine with 2-300mg h AND 60mg morphine n neva had a prob , exept not gettin nowhere as high as id wanted

dam u tolerance !!! il stab u in the jugular veign with a rusty spoon ganked from salad fingers
y cant the yjust give oxy in controlled doses instead of methadone , findin the right dose is a CUNT

ive mixed the two a countless number of times................

How is this going to help the OP?? Your not giving out any information except that you've done it. That doesn't help.

With all your posting you should take the time to give more thorough information.

To the OP, for whatever reason you would think there's a problem mixing codein with H is beyond me.

How is this going to help the OP?? Your not giving out any information except that you've done it. That doesn't help.

With all your posting you should take the time to give more thorough information.

To the OP, for whatever reason you would think there's a problem mixing codein with H is beyond me.

Hey...nothing is obvious when it comes to mixing drugs. The kid says he's already done it, and he's here to talk about it so that's a step forwards!

Basically, you're taking more of an opiate: if you're not where you want to be then take a little more; smoking being the safest route. Start smaaall though.

. The kid says he's already done it, and he's here to talk about it so that's a step forwards!
She :)

I thought thought that since the limit of codeine you are allowed daily is 220mg then adding heroin to the mix might be a lil' dangerous, obv I was wrong.
Thought it was better to ask anyway, however silly it made me sound. :p

with the mechanism of action for opiates being that they bind to opiate receptors wouldn't codeine and heroin compete for your opoid receptors. with that said i would say just take the heroin by itself and enough to get the desired effects from the heroin by itself.

with the mechanism of action for opiates being that they bind to opiate receptors wouldn't codeine and heroin compete for your opoid receptors. with that said i would say just take the heroin by itself and enough to get the desired effects from the heroin by itself.

You have more receptors than you can actually fill lol. Even IV heroin in the first 5 seconds when it washes the brain, even then you don't fill everything up.
You would be partially right if the stuff in your body only did one thing. Turns out they do many things in the same time.

That's why VIOXX got banned. COX-2 inhibitor, turns out COX-2 not only creates inflammation but it also has a cardio-vasculary function so people taking VIOXX to treat inflammations were successful in doing that but they also died from a heart attack.

So you might get a respiratory arrest while trying to fill your opioid receptors LOL

The ceiling for codeine is more like 400mg, not 220mg and this just means that you can only metabolize and get effects from about that much at one time. Beyond that its not so much dangerous as just worthless.

Only you know your limits and as Ksa pointed out, taking multiple opiates/opioids will result in a cumulative effect, not competition... Buprenorphine being an obvious exception but its a partial agonist.

This seems to have been sufficiently answered. In the future please post dosing and/or combination questions in 'Basic Drug Discussion'.

Status
Not open for further replies.