Bluelight

Thread: MDMA Crystals - what do they look like?

1. Collapse Details
    MDMA Crystals - what do they look like? 
    *please note this thread has been resurrected from a back up*

TheSpade 19-06-2007 02:54
    MDMA Crystals

Ok so what do GOOD MDMA crystals look like? From what I hear its the see thru / white crystals that are the best right? The brown sugar stuff is shit yeah?

Only had it once before and it was around a year ago, stuff that looked like brown sugar and tbh it may as well have been it was shite, hardly any effect off it.

So whats the good stuff look like?

The person im getting it off is convinced that MDMA is either purple or brown and doesnt beleive it can be see thru / white.

Help me?

Don Luigi 19-06-2007 04:14
    All the MDMA crystals I've had were white/see through, upon crushing just a white powder. You can get it in all sorts of colours and brown can be just as good as any other I think. The simpsons had a picture of some pink crystals but someone had just dyed them, his gallery no longer has any pictures anyway.

But when I strip it down to logic, it seems that white would indicate a better synthesis and purity but that may not be true.

MrMoss 19-06-2007 08:21
    There was a day once when I knew a guy that knew lots of guys everytime bar none the Molly was different. Should be pure white crystal fluffy stuff but had it all ways the best was grey rocks curiously.

Fishface 19-06-2007 09:07
    You can't judge the crystal by its colour, I'm afraid, Spade

Best I've ever had was light brown - knocked yer socks off

dr seuss 19-06-2007 09:12
    aye, i've had some horribly good orange stuff too.

wh0re 19-06-2007 09:33
    Ive had some very potent white stuff. Anyone notice that MDMA produces a very different buzz from pills even very clean pills. I think its all mental as I get a nice buzz of good mdma but get a horrible buzz off pills.

I think my body/brain just hates pills but accepts powder with open arms.

DMT4Blood 19-06-2007 09:44
    atm i have 3 types of crystal - very light brown/orange (tan) , purple tint see-thru & pure white. All orgasmically good! All very well produced (each batch had some 10g/14g crystals!! , a sign a good production i believe! )

Ireland was flooded with brown sugar stuff 2 years ago. It was very strong & rushy but very dirty. Just badly produced. No big crystals. Meant to be more of the same stuff goin about at the moment but i've no intention of sampling it.

haribo1 19-06-2007 09:56
    The size of the crystals has nothing to do with it. Some routes produce microcrystaline product that will look more like a slightly glittery powder. If the stuff isn't white, then you have to accept that there IS something else in there with the MDMA, but it may be harmless.

TheSpade 19-06-2007 10:18
    Rightio. Ok dokey. She's apparently getting it from a diff person this time anyway so should be decent.

Zedrich 19-06-2007 10:49
    So many posts explaining, but not one picture

deko 19-06-2007 13:37
    Xtal size it down to how it was worked up. if it was hcl gassed from the final A/B wash it will be very fine ineed.

but if they then dissolve it in a alc then slowly re-xtalise the xtals will be bigger.

Treacle 19-06-2007 20:29
    I've had browny stuff, white stuff, and purple stuff. It was all amazing. Definitely no way to tell. Just get it down, and don't expect a massive, rushy come up, like with pills, it's more gentle, but the peak is much better. Perhaps you were expecting a violent come up, and then was underwhelmed, last year?

TheSpade 19-06-2007 21:04
    Nah the peak was non existant, barely noticeable even after 200mg.

Treacle 19-06-2007 21:15
    Better luck, this time! It should be top notch, even if you batter pills.

TheSpade 19-06-2007 21:29
    I've done pills 3x this year so tolerance should not be an issue.

Tranced 19-06-2007 21:48
    I usually get brown mdma, it's as potent as it can be really, in accordance with erowids doseages and certainly gets you battered. Had white that was just as good.

I don't think colour means much, you just got some shit mdma.

kobi 21-06-2007 16:04
    I've had brown crystals, orange powder and white chunky crystals, all of which were better than any pills I have ever had. (In fact the oragne powder was the best ever!)

According to many cladestine reports online, the crystals have to be washed from a brown-yellow color to get the pure white crystals. Maybe this step is done lazily or not at all by hurried manufacturers.

As there are a number of routes to MDMA production, it is not entirely unlikely that a small amount of by product (be it purple, orange or otherwise) could make it's way to the final product, depending on the method used. Event tiny amounts of impurities could colour the end product. Or, it could just be done to enhance the marketability of it. It is not unheard of to have food colouringin ampheatmines for example...

TheSpade 21-06-2007 16:47
    My contact for MDMA seems to have gone off the radar and isn't getting back in touch with me. *sad face*

haribo1 21-06-2007 17:08
    I suppose the only way to test MDMA powder, other than inbibing it, would to be to run a melting-point test on it (like in the film 'The French Connection where heroin purity was tested). It's not all that hard, but I guess people don't put any toxic crap in there. I would still like to know what it's cut with. A few years ago, the 'trade' price from PMK (for MDMA production) was LOWER than that of BMK (for speed production) so it's not a big cost issue. I think that back in the 90s, powder was pure, now it's cut. I say this because 200mg should have knocked anyones box off!

B9 21-06-2007 18:32
    Hmm doesn't really want to be 'dark' brown IME.

That apart ~ *shrugs* ?

haribo1 21-06-2007 18:49
    Brosn speckles are usually unreacted safrole & the orange could be unreduced nitropropene (if it were MDA). I've seen slight blue & green tints due to Wacker oxidations, but washing in acetone removes those just fine.

Miss Peks 23-06-2007 04:02
    One time I got some MDMA crystals and they happened to look like my amethyst crystals that I'd been making jewellery with. Having said that this was also rather strong MDMA.

Quote:
    Or, it could just be done to enhance the marketability of it. It is not unheard of to have food colouringin ampheatmines for example...
    Reading that is starting to make me think that half the time it's done for marketing purposes. Take note though that colour doesn't = strength.

Treacle 23-06-2007 09:06
    You have NO idea, until you take it. The chances of it turning out to be shite are much less than with a pill, though.

Aros2k 23-06-2007 11:35
    There was a lot of orange stuff a little while ago, and i've had white, grey and i'm sure pink lol

TheSpade 04-07-2007 01:30
    A mate has sorted us out for T in the P this weekend. Only problem is dosing it, apparently theres about 2G all in the same bag and its impossible to be sure if its 2G as it was eyeballed. Us then trying to eyeball doses is going to be hard.

Do you think its better to assume we have 2G and eyeball divide into suitable doses or just do finger / pinkie dabs in the baggie?

2. Collapse Details

AuraithX 04-07-2007 01:37
    A .1g scale is like 10.

I'd probably just divide into 4 equal and then dab it.

Got a sample of MDMA coming with my next ketamine order

TheSpade 04-07-2007 02:12
    Dont have time to order scales.

Its to be split between 3 so prob split into 3 and dab, seems like the best idea to be honest.

Pinky dabs or finger dabs?

junglejuice 04-07-2007 02:54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheSpade
    Ok so what do GOOD MDMA crystals look like?
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...t/DSCN2780.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...t/DSCN2776.jpg

AuraithX 04-07-2007 03:11
    http://image.bayimg.com/ja/do/ea/ab/d.jpg

Deathrow558 04-07-2007 04:21
    How the fuck do you jobbys take pics like that?

Don Luigi 04-07-2007 04:51
    Macro, bitch!

Deathrow558 04-07-2007 11:43
    Costco better better.

Deathrow558 04-07-2007 16:11
    Hmm, I never thought of that actually.

Spade, just wrap it in tissue paper, stick it in your mouth and wash it down with water?

TheSpade 04-07-2007 16:49
    The point is not knowing how much I'm taking really. If I'm guessing I may as well just do dabs instead of going to the effort of wraping it in tissue etc.

AuraithX 04-07-2007 17:00
    I believe a "dab" with the thumb is usually ~75mg.

Totally dependent on the size of your thumb of course, but it helps as measurement.

Don Luigi 04-07-2007 17:35
    Those look exactly like the ones I had, if you know how much you have originally then you could crush them all up and dissolve them in a said amount of water to dose more accuratley but I don't think anyone wants to carry around a bottle of water.

TheSpade 04-07-2007 18:23
    I'd forget my water had MDMA in it and knock it back to solve the dehydration or decide I didn't want it and chuck it.

felix 05-07-2007 20:56
    Spade, you must read this seminal work covering all things scales-related. It's essential reading.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=325277

Hope this helps mate.

bogbrush99 09-08-2007 09:28
    Hey everyone... Authorix that look like my batch of MDMA

I wonder where you got that picture from! :P

Peace

Boggy

Junglistvibe 09-08-2007 10:53
    I've had stuff where the bigger crystals were translucent orange/tan/brown and the powder slightly off-white, and stuff where even the big crystals were perfectly clear. Didn't notice any change in effect, then again I was on LSD the time I tried the white stuff.

Carsick 09-08-2007 12:48
    ^ even when the crystals are quite brown the powder will be only a bit off white.

RuffRida 09-08-2007 19:37
    surely its better to bomb it in rizla - as far as im aware mdma is absorbed through the stomach lining not the gums + it tastes nasty anyway

Carsick 09-08-2007 19:41
    I prefer to dab it. I have more problems with nausea when I bomb.

We_come1 09-08-2007 19:42
    I get nausea when i bomb it and again when i comeup . Dabbing little amounts helps both.

Johny Boy 09-08-2007 19:46
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1310/...037f28e2_b.jpg
    last two types I've had, not tried the dirty looking one on the right but I'm told it's ok.

The stuff on the left was nice and clean, very smooth. I've never noticed any significant deference between brown and clear mdma. Tbh I think any real differences would be more down to set.

Johny Boy 09-08-2007 19:50
    really hard to tell mate, cos of the diff sizes of the crystals it's almost impossible to say unless crushed.

Each of those in pic is a g so a 1/5th of one of them. But it may vary.

Carsick 09-08-2007 20:06
    200mg is about what you'd get if you licked your little finger and dabbed carefully and when I say carefully, I mean in order to pick up lots of crystals.
    Not a great description, but MDMA is one of the easy chemicals to eye.

mind 10-08-2007 02:01
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AuraithX
    http://image.bayimg.com/ja/do/ea/ab/d.jpg
    the white ones look good, but the black/purple ones can contain some or a lot of crap.
    I wonder what made it black; side products of the reaction? or has it something to do with the catalyst/other reagents?

fastandbulbous 10-08-2007 02:12
    ^ Unwanted polymerization reaction (the dreaded ubiquitous black/brown tar!). At a guess I'd reckon that to get it the MDMA was made from safrole via the bromosafrole intermediate (it's notorious for producing the aforementioned black/brow tar)

reptilian 12-08-2007 11:48
    F***ing tolerance!!

1.5 grams down the hatch last night and nothing to be had from it apart from a weird electric feeling in my head and an almost constant wretching. there were no feelings of euphoria or love or owt come to think of it , it was all rather nuetral.
    i just hope now that i dont have to suffer the indignity of a comedown - that would just be rubbing salt in the wound

3. Collapse Details

ntype 12-08-2007 11:56
    ^no gain, no pain? lets hope so

wh0re 12-08-2007 11:58
    MDMA has gotten very very popular around here recently and there are no pills about but the quality is detierating

fastandbulbous 12-08-2007 12:06
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reptilian
    1.5 grams down the hatch last night and nothing to be had from it apart from a weird electric feeling in my head and an almost constant wretching. there were no feelings of euphoria or love or owt come to think of it , it was all rather nuetral.
    i just hope now that i dont have to suffer the indignity of a comedown - that would just be rubbing salt in the wound

Platitude time...

Familiarity breeds contempt; absebce makes the heart grow fonder.

You've reached the 'time to take a break' point, although I guess you already know that if you want it to return to something like it used to be

StoneHappyMonday 12-08-2007 12:13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reptilian
    Shite crystals??

I don't know anyone with a tolerance so big that they'd get nothing off 1.5g after taking a prolonged break like I think you have from what you've said.

Did you test them Rep? I know you usually do. Seems very odd.