• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I took 3000mg of Lyrica just now. Im going to be fucked up for a few days, since the high lastvso long. Im also talking oxycodone and 4mg clonazepam with it. I hope it turns out to be a good couple of days.

Last edited:
Numbered01- It sounds like you're not exactly looking to give up Lyrica. How long does a dose like 3000 mg last for you, and how long is the hangover when it's done?

Shit I got over the hangover just today. Last night is was still feeling it. I had double vison and shit. Yeah 3000mg is alot to pop at once and I dont recommend any newbie to do that cause that is just way to much. Plus I did it with Oxycodone and Klonapin.

I have been getting a lot of double vision in the afternoon. Your comment just made me realize that it's probably from the Lyrica. I am down to one 150 mg dose around noon, and I take oxy all day long. I thought my double vision was from the oxy but maybe it's from the Lyrica. It only happens when I am sitting around, goes away when I am moving(walking, driving, etc).
I'm gonna try changing my dose to bedtime and see if the problem goes away.
Thanks numbered01.

I recently begun lyrica 100mg TID for fibromyalgia. I am taking it in therapeutic doses.

I've noticed some feelings of stimulation, mild energy boost, and a sort of cognitive enhancement.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Gabapentin in staggered doses up to 1500mg has me very intoxicated feeling, sedated and lack of motor coordination. I don't seem to experience that type of effect from lyrica.

Thoughts?

A follow up on my earlier posts where I was considering getting a prescription for pregabalin against anxiety.

I take 225 mg pregabalin each morning and 225 mg later in the day. In the first few days I was feeling very good, almost euphoric, relaxed and very focused. After this the effects became less noticable but I have had less anxiety and no panic attacks at all. As such it is working very well together with my clonazepam.
Now I am starting to look for side effects to determine whether it is something for long term use.

I am going to stop taking my pregabalin for a day or two to see how I react. It is probably not the best course of action for the stability of my overall medication, but I need to see how my body response without it.

How long have you been taking the pregabalin ignio? That's great to hear that it's helping you

So here's a funny thing. It was about 2.5 weeks after stopping lyrica and switching tramadol for codeine and I was getting back to normal. But 3 days ago I took 100mg of lyrica to push me through some intense work I had to do, 2 days ago I took another 100mg. Yesterday I had none and felt bad in the evening. This morning I felt dreadful so I've taken another 100 today. I've only got one 100mg left so if I still feel shitty I'll have that in 2 days.

I think if any of yous have come off lyrica and still keep some around… don't take it for more than a day. I'm still feeling a bit moodswingy but it's very mild.

If anyone was reading my previous posts then yeah the tramadol combined WDS eased up just after 2 weeks. Coffee really helped too. Strong coffee. I'm starting to see how bad that WDS was though. I did feel suicidal at times and even wrote a few pages on how sad I was feeling. But that totally did melt away and I my old hobbies started to make me feel happy again. Plus I watched a load of shows on Netflix. I also forgot to take my codeine just after the WDS for a whole day and didn't feel the mental withdrawal from that. So that was nice!

Oh someone asked me about why I had these originally. I have various aches and pains that were put down to nerve problems. But after talking to the doc they started upping my dose because it helped with anxiety. And boy it does! If it didn't betray me I'd probably stick with it for years/forever! It made me into the best version of myself.

How long have you been taking the pregabalin ignio? That's great to hear that it's helping you

Thank you. I have been taking Pregabalin since the beginning of this month (so aroung 20 days).
I already get clonazepam, alprazolam and diazepam (I do not take all everyday, but I always take 2 mg clonazepam pr day) which should help anxiety, but initially I got started on benzo's for epilepsy and this was in the exact time where Etizolam and other RC benzo's where at their highest in Europe, so I quikcly complemented my benzo subsription with large amounts of Etizolam (5-10 mg Etizolam each day when it was worst over a period of 6 months). I guess my high tolerance for benzo's make it ineffective in treating anxiety or even contribute to my anxiety.

So I am relieved to see that Pregabalin is working short-term and in the long-term therapy should hopefully work. In the first few days of Pregabalin I was actually euphoric (in an almost opiate like way) I guess that was due to the relief of no anxiety. This "euphoric" feelings have ofcause died down with the days, but it is still effective. I fell less general anxiety and I have had no panic attacks.

Now I will have to figure out at what dose I want to stabilize on. The guidelines i Denmark for proposed and adviced maximum dose is 600 mg. I might try to increase my dose to 2x300 mg but I will have to consider the side effects I experience in relation to the beneficial effects. It is just hard to do actually. And ofcause the addict within my automatically points my towards the largest possible dose. I will have to spend some time looking at research about doses and about "long-term" intake of Pregabalin, which is hard due to how new the drug is, but whatever research I can find about prolonged intake of pregabalin.

has anyone watched BBC's 'Drugs Map of BRitian'?
there's an episode dedicated to N. Ireland's use of pregabilin or 'Buds' as they call it, i never realized it could be abused like that
i was thinking of getting some to potentiate heroin - has anyone done this? if so, what dosages did you take together?

Aspiringchemist: The drunken euphoria everyone refers to seems to hit around 200 mg in one dose. Then takes 1-2 hours to start working. After the first day it jumps quickly to about 300mg. Then 400 or 450. Etc etc etc....
Everyone taking Lyrica should beware that Pfizer has gone to great lengths to silence anybody talking badly about their drug. Most people report short term benefits, even euphoria. The long term wd's, particularly with people who have used it for a year or two, can be miserable.
Tapering off a capsule is difficult, but I have done it with Lyrica. Open the capsule and pour out the powder. Cut the piles into lines and then cut them in half with a small knife. Cut them in half again. When you have even piles you have even doses. You can cut a 100 mg capsule into 50 or 25 mg doses easily. The powder tastes really nasty, but your single 100 mg capsule can last for 4 days and turn this into a far more gentle taper.
For me the wd's from Lyrica are as bad as a benzo, but they can start after only 3 days use.

has anyone watched BBC's 'Drugs Map of BRitian'?
there's an episode dedicated to N. Ireland's use of pregabilin or 'Buds' as they call it, i never realized it could be abused like that
i was thinking of getting some to potentiate heroin - has anyone done this? if so, what dosages did you take together?

It is not exactly heroin ot potentiation, but my Pregabalin dose complement my Methadone very well.

The first time was unintentional as I got prescribed Pregabalin for anxiety and I already took Methadone (Usually 60 mg Methadone plus 50 mg Ketobemidone or just 120 mg Methadone) and they work nice together. The first day I wanted to be careful and see how Pregabalin and Methadone interacted so I only took 50 mg Methadone that day and 150 mg Pregabalin (I think, I don't remember exactly) and I experienced euphoria throughout the day and a kind of stimulation and ability to focus.
After a few days this "euphoria experience" stopped, so if you want to use it to potentiate heroin I would say that you can only use it one time and then you ned several days or weeks with no Pregabalin to get the same experience. I don't know how long exactly as I havn't tried.

But as always you need to be careful with drugs that interact with each other. Both Pregabalin and Methadone is prescribed to me, so implicitly, my doctor must have considered whether or not it is safe for me to combine the two drugs.

Have you used heroin in a long time and daily or what is your background? No matter what be careful.

Haha. Well! Earlier today I took a juicy 300mg dose just to see if my misery cleared up as I try to pinpoint the location of my depression and mood swings. And I feel INCREDIBLE. Everything is fixed so now I know I need to not take any more (after tomorrow. I'm giving a lecture and the confidence boost will be needed).

My doc asked me if I wanted to stay on this the last time we spoke. And TBH I wouldn't mind it if it was the only drug I took (currently on an anti depressant and codeine). If I can nix them I might just stay on an infrequent dose of this. Like every other day or so, just to keep my mind stable.

documentary on people abusing lyrica in Northern Ireland youtube bbc three pregabalin

here's the link proper rattling like it's heroin one guy is and one guy been taking like 50mg blue diazrpam since he was like 13 14 https://youtu.be/8fc8sXWopBs
ita mad one guy is prescribed pregab diazrpam nitrazepam and fucking diazepam and pregab and he's on quetiapine wtf I want his doctor

here's the link proper rattling like it's heroin one guy is and one guy been taking like 50mg blue diazrpam since he was like 13 14 https://youtu.be/8fc8sXWopBs
ita mad one guy is prescribed pregab diazrpam nitrazepam and fucking diazepam and pregab and he's on quetiapine wtf I want his doctor

ha yeah init hez i think he had some trammies and temmy's on that list too proper nuts

That guy's doctor got him into that mess. Anybody wanting to try Lyrica recreationally should watch that documentary first. The wd's from Lyrica- even 12 hours later- can be enough to make some people commit suicide. It can really mess with your head.
Pfizer will lose their patent in the U.S. soon and then it will be just as bad there.

Hello! Just an update on my story. I polished off the last of my lyrica about 9 days ago. I had about 900mg left but instead of having 300mg a day for a few days I dropped it down to 150, then 50 so almost like a taper. I had a few commitments I didn't want to do and thought they'd help... and they really did! Even the 50mg made my day more pleasant. But I had the last one on Saturday, and it's now a week+monday later.

I fucking wish I could put my finger on what happens to me in a lyrical withdrawal. Even the smallest amount for the shortest time creates the same WDS as when I came off a huge+long dose. I used to think it was an okay withdrawal but I would feel more suicidal, drepression, the nights were REALLY bad for anxiety (waking up thinking I had made so many mistakes in my life). But the more I think about it... during lyrica withdrawal I feel like I'm just surviving. Nothing makes me laugh or feel great. Even 500mg codeine doses offer just glimmers of short-lasting euphoria (about what 60mg feels like on a normal day). I get less sleep feeling wide awake at 5am but then feel tired for the rest of the day. Naps feel great, with moments of waking feeling great until the realisation hits in.

Compare: First night I had tramadol and lyrica I couldn't sleep due to overwhelming happiness and eurphoria that lasted all night long. I lay there smiling and giggling. Everything was okay with the world, even my grandparents dementia was a-okay (reasoning= they had such a long+fulfilling life already and now have a huge full happy family to take care of them).

Also compare: when sober, very occasionally, I'd laugh myself awake because of a funny dream or because everything feels good.

I don't eat as much and solid foods just make me feel nauseous. And all this lasts 2 weeks without letting up - but then it does. During this time I floor the codeine and worry that I'm going to get used to such a high dose... but magically it all goes back to normal once the WDS has stopped.

And yet on the other hand it's also mild compared to tramadol WDS that makes me feel like a dying alien for a week, but all the time it feels like it will pass eventually. It shifts my reality slightly to one side and it feels permanently out of reach. I think that's the gentle horror of it. It's a creeping terminator, it's a malignant tumour, it's a horrible neighbour that just moved in. I created a system that eases opiate withdrawal that serves me really well (vitamin C megadoses, propranolol for sweats, hobbies and films I've put aside for rainy days, long journeys to make). But none of this even touches lyrica.

But for me that's it now. I don't have any lyrica left, none of my friends or family have any I can bum, I wouldn't even know where to get some from illegally. Phew!

Flowerpotman- why in the world would you ever go back to a drug that you know will screw your life that badly? Especially when it seems you have access to so many other great options?
I drank for years, woke up every day with a headache. But the hangover was gone by noon and I could get more whenever I wanted. If it made me that sick for that long, even once, I would never have touched the booze again!

Flowerpotman- why in the world would you ever go back to a drug that you know will screw your life that badly? Especially when it seems you have access to so many other great options?
I drank for years, woke up every day with a headache. But the hangover was gone by noon and I could get more whenever I wanted. If it made me that sick for that long, even once, I would never have touched the booze again!
Because it's really weird and otherworldly to me... before and after WDS I think "hey that wasn't so bad". Its WDS alters my perception completely. And sometimes I think that because I do it in a short duration - no more than a week - that it wont affect me.

I'm coming up on 2 weeks since my last one and I'm feeling almost back to normal, I'm able to be creative and enjoy things again. I catch myself walking around looking at small things in the big city and smiling.