• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

Haha yeah probably. I also quit GHB and a three or so daily month run with Etizolam with no issues. That's what I'd always say when people asked, just lucky I guess. Many times I'd thought I'd be in hell and the next day I'd be waking up like "Am I WDing?!?!", then think, "If you have to ask your obviously not WDing...". Odd stuff.

I had been addicted to strong opioids for 3 years..I got hold of some prcegablin & they completely killed any form of withdrawal. I took 600mg a day for a week and am now clean of opiates. The high is great and calms you down and releases all anxiety. I would advise this to anyone who is having problems with opiate addiction.

Please be aware that Lyrica withdrawl sucks for those that go through it. 600mg per day is the max daily dose iirc. Although sometimes I do go over that lol :D.

Anyone knows what's the best someone could take while on pregabalin withdrawal? I have been researching but I don't really know how to go about it. I have baclofen, phenibut, clonidine and diazepam. I maybe can try to get gabapentin, but I don't know if I will manage or if it is just too cross tolerant to fix the issue. I really don't want to switch one addiction for another. Should I maybe mix clonidine with baclofen, or take a different compound everyday? On what dosages? Or should I take one of those in combination with pregabalin and tapper further?

I want to quit as I have been trying to tapper but I feel it is harder than going cold turkey as I have been feeling low withdrawal effects during the process, tiredness, insomnia, running nose, a bit of sweeting at night, some headaches. Nothing serious but after a month of that I want to call it a day. I am not very hooked but I have to remain functional as I am very busy at the moment and I will be for a while. I am of the kind who gets withdrawals easily from this stuff, I got hooked taking it recreationaly 2 or 3 times per week on the 300-450mg range but I had been hooked before on higher dosages and that makes a big difference in my experience. I had to start taking it twice a day 150mg to avoid a proper withdrawal. Anyway I am down to 75mg twice a day. The only problem is the need to remain funtional, if I could take 3 or 4 days off it wouldn't be a problem.

TH - Are you in fear of running out of pregablin? If not then how about raising your dose to a more comfortable level, then taper veeerrry slowly.
My Dr did recommend to me to switch to gabapentin to get off Pregablin, but I never tried it.

No, my issue is not running out, problem is I find tappering extremely difficult, because I really like pregabalin and if I don't take a dose much superior of what I need to avoid withdrawal I don't feel it. I have quite a stressful life right now so it is very easy to find excuses to take a bit more, would love to have the kind of will power to control myself for months, unfortunately I haven't. To be tappering for months I think it is a utopia for me, and I think pregabalin requires extra slow tappering if you want to avoid symptoms.
Besides, as I said I just don't feel pregabalin once I take it daily, so to be on it just to avoid withdrawal without feeling it seems pointless to me. I got down to 75mg twice a day with great effort and I am jumping to nothing in a few days. Just would like to know if anybody has used bacoflen, diazepam, phenibut, clonidine or even gabapentin for withdrawal and how it went. I have used just diazepam in the past and it helped but not a lot. Same for opiates. But the comedown of opiates made things worse.

Do you think with gabapentin I would reduce withdrawal symptoms or just avoid the withdrawal and have to face it once I stop that? I found mixed info, so I don't know to what extent they can be considered the same drug in terms of addiction. In any case, for what I read sounds like a good option to switch to gabapentin if you want to do it slowly.

Baclofen and clonidine sound like the best options for what I read. Around 0.1mg clonidine 3 times a day or much more than that depending on source, and I haven't found info on baclofen dosage or the posibility of mixing both. Took yesterday 10mg baclofen to try and felt nothing.

Cant help there. Backlofen does zero to me and I have no experience with the others.

Prescription in USA and Canada. It is REALLY easy to get a prescription for it in USA. It is commonly prescribed to people with diabetes and back problems to help with nerve pain in the legs and feet. Drs give then out like candy.

http://www.clevelandclinicmeded.com/medicalpubs/pharmacy/septoct2005/pregabalin.htm

This is an excellent discription of how pregabalin/Lyrica works and raises some questions.

One of the main things I was looking at was according to The Cleveland Clinic, 50 mg pregabalin equals 300 mg of gabapentin.

50 mg pregabalin = 300 mg gabapentin.

In the last 1.5 hours , 900 mg of pregabalin was ingested on an empty stomach.

So does that equate to 5.4 grams of
gabapentin?

I am feeling pretty nice atm.

This also makes me give more thought to stacking Lyrica ala Gabapentin, as in
75 mg - 150 mg Pregabalin every 1-1.5 hrs.

This is completely subjective, but when I stack Pregabalin @ 150 mg, every 1-1.5 hrs, I feel the peak lasts longer.

This dose was taken after a two week clear out of pregabalin.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Prescription in USA and Canada. It is REALLY easy to get a prescription for it in USA. It is commonly prescribed to people with diabetes and back problems to help with nerve pain in the legs and feet. Drs give then out like candy.

It is a decent medication. It is perscribed easier because it works well without major side effects.

Let?s remember that doctors have many ways of checking your usage.

This is a great medication if used correctly.

I?ll post more when I have the correct information, but I?ve read about qt interval being prolonged
That is serious.

https://duckduckgo.com/l/?kh=-1&uddg=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/QT_interval

^^ This is the basic Wikipedia explanation.
This is something to consider.

Smart money with pregabalin for recreational use, at any level, is to never use two days in a row. Better more like once a week. Tolerance builds faster than anything, and sometimes withdrawls can be life altering.

SpeedKing- I have found those calculators to be extremely useful, particularly when I have little experience with a medication. However the exact reason I was given pregablin was because I didnt respond at all to gabapentin. My Dr told me that this is how they prescribe for diabetics: gabapentin first because there are generics ( thus cheaper). If it doesnt work, then Lyrica(pregablin) She said that if one doesnt work, the other obe usually does. Based on that, your best move might be to use that conversion calculator to try an evening on only gabapentin at what would be the equivalent dosage and see where it takes you without any pregablin. Then you can try mixing and matching.

Also, the link you listed in your last post must have been wrong. Could you check and post it again? Thx

Last edited:
Yeah I cant stress enough how important it is to leave days between uses. The more days the better. But in the end tolerence builds and even leaving a few weeks youll never have those first few weeks of use, that bliss, that loss of inhibition. Now I just take it for pain. It doesnt do jack for me anymore in terms of euphoria.

Oh and only gabapentin reduces withdrawls for lyrica; diaz, baclofen all that just dont.

Well, my withdrawal is quite weaker than I predicted. The tapering helped a lot reducing it. Those mini withdrawal symptoms I was suffering during tapering were half of the bill.

My impression is that baclofen and clonidine helped, especially clonidine makes me super sleepy, that stuff knocks me down, not for long but I managed to get 4 hours sleep on it. Better than diazepam that helped too to a smaller degree. I would say baclofen during the day, from 30mg up per 2 or 3 a day. And clonidine to sleep. 100ug was surprisingly enough for me, I think I am super sensitive to the stuff. Keep in mind that my withdrawal was very weak, you might need to up those dosages quite a lot in a serious withdrawal and I don't know how well it would go.

I've been a long time admirer of pregabalin since my discovery of it 3-4 years ago. Lyrica and all its incredibly cheap generic versions are OTC at any pharmacy nation-wide here in Egypt.I started to experiment with it extensively and found out a few things time after time. First of all, always gotta be careful with dosing because for me, it used to cause some myoclonic jerks that can get violent whenever I take 1.5 grams in a single dose with a clean body. Another thing is, Pregabalin is one HELL of a mixing drug. I've tried it with every substance I've had access to and it really is beautiful. smoking weed while approaching the peak can be an almost psychedelic, extremely euphoric experience. It's just great with everything from DXM and weed to opiates as it not only adds to the experience but it alters it to make up a relatively new one. Lyrica is also great when respected because if you take a single high dose occasionally it won't hook you and you'll have long years of beautiful occasional weekends with it. A simple but annoying thing too is that when you take a high dose (all my doses are on a total clean tolerance and empty stomach and are upwards of 900mg) and you get very sleepy but don't wanna let it go just yet, you'll enter a state of hypnagogia where, if someone were to wake you up because you're passed out sitting up in front of your laptop for example, you'll be unconscious but responsive and are very likely to act like a hallucinating idiot. I'm sure there's other things that I don't recall at the moment but overall, Lyrica is a beautiful drug with a huge recreational potential because it's very safe relative to most recreational substances, not addictive unless you got deep issues and just want whatever pill to numb you a bit, very very euphoric and even more if used in the right setting, very empathic and lowers your inhibitions whilst stimulating you too all at the same time.

http://www.clevelandclinicmeded.com/medicalpubs/pharmacy/septoct2005/pregabalin.htm

This is an excellent discription of how pregabalin/Lyrica works and raises some questions.

One of the main things I was looking at was according to The Cleveland Clinic, 50 mg pregabalin equals 300 mg of gabapentin.

50 mg pregabalin = 300 mg gabapentin.

In the last 1.5 hours , 900 mg of pregabalin was ingested on an empty stomach.

So does that equate to 5.4 grams of
gabapentin?

I am feeling pretty nice atm.

This also makes me give more thought to stacking Lyrica ala Gabapentin, as in
75 mg - 150 mg Pregabalin every 1-1.5 hrs.

This is completely subjective, but when I stack Pregabalin @ 150 mg, every 1-1.5 hrs, I feel the peak lasts longer.

This dose was taken after a two week clear out of pregabalin.

Thoughts?

Speed King, I'm totally into the idea that you've presented regarding the stacking of Pregabalin (Lyrica). Those of us who have experience with Gabapentinoids know all about the nature of Gabapentin (Neurontin) and how it follows a strange bioavailability pattern. You can only absorb so much Gabapentin. In my experience there is a definitive limit. I have ingested literally dozens of grams of Gabapentin with high tolerance and felt basically nothing. So, if you have a very high tolerance to Pregabalin or another Gabapentinoid, it could actually be impossible to experience any effect whatsoever. Too much of my life has been dedicated to understanding this strange drug.

So, I guess what I'm saying, is that, yea, you have ingested that equivalent dosage, but at the same time that dosage would probably be impossible to be fully absorbed. I would like to note that when I take Pregabalin in a very high dose, with no tolerance, I can experience severe Myoclonus (jerking movements). If I ingest a small amount, say, 150mg as you've said, I can then dose as high as I want without experiencing any Myoclonus and furthermore, get this, if I do take enough to initiate these Myoclonic movements, if I take more Pregabalin, even the next day or the day after, I will continue to experience Myoclonus until the Pregabalin has completely cleared and I try again a few days later. It's such a goddamn mystery.

I would be very interested in hearing from others who have experienced this, as it appears to be a fairly rare side effect. Most prescribers I've talked to are unaware that this is a possible side-effect. Also, and this one can really fuck you over good, they seem to be essentially unaware that there is a severe (or any) withdrawal syndrome from Gabapentinoids, when in reality, the withdrawal appears to be akin to Benzodiazepine withdrawal, in that it can make you totally non-functional and turn your life into a living nightmare. I'm sure you've all read stories about Phenibut (OTC Supplement) and the horror stories.

I believe, actually, that the Phenibut Diaries, as it were, are some of the best resources for predicting the outcome of dependence, tolerance and withdrawal from the other Gabapentinoids. Why? Phenibut is pretty cheap and can be bought over the internet by the pound. This allows us to see what would happen if one had a truly limitless supply of these drugs. The stories people tell sound downright nightmarish. Gabapentin is self-limiting, as we have said but who has an endless supply of Pregabalin? Not most people. If we examine peoples' experience with Phenibut, I think we can draw a reasonable comparison and predict how Pregabalin might work.

Check this one out as a point of reference, but a simple Google search turns up a litany of horror stories concerning the substance. Even the people who sell it provide a guide to withdrawal.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/721313-Phenibut-Withdrawal

Thoughts?

Last edited: