• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

Using for Opiate WD, will i now WD from these??

Ive taken about qty 16 75 mg pills stretched out to about a week, maybe 1.5 weeks. It's been helping me get off a shitty opiate run. Will i feel withdrawals from these now too? I know these are known for shitty wd's, but can't be that quickly....can it??

Ive taken about qty 16 75 mg pills stretched out to about a week, maybe 1.5 weeks. It's been helping me get off a shitty opiate run. Will i feel withdrawals from these now too? I know these are known for shitty wd's, but can't be that quickly....can it??

So in 7-10 days you've taken sixteen pills, each 75mg? So at most like 150mg a day?

Just going on the existence of 300mg pills, I'd say you are well within the therapeutic range, and not likely to get withdrawal.

You might get crabby the first day without any, but that's not a withdrawal.

Damn, nobody else in here? I ended up running out twice in the last week and had to go about 48 hours without, even with titrating the dose down beforehand as I was running out. Withdrawal is bearable but weird. I get clammy, sweaty palms and feet and constant chills. I can sleep fine so it isn't like full-blown dopesickness, but it isn't a picnic by any means.

You will still have to deal with the opiate withdrawal somewhat in my experience when u cease Lyrica.

Opioids and Lyrica are both tied into the glutaminergic system...so the increased glutamate from opioid Wd u were dulling or reducing with Lyrica will increase again when u cease Lyrica.

I asked a similar question a few days ago in the Neuroscience forum

I take 75 mg A day but lately 225 because of more pain...I get anxious when I haven't dosed that day...hope I'm not dependent

LucidSDreamr-
When shit hurts and you find something that stops the pain, it is natural to get apprehensive when you know your medicine isn?t coming. That?s not addiction, that?s life. It?s the same emotion that makes you avoid even walking down the aisle at WalMart with roller-blades after almost breaking your neck the only time you ever tried riding then.
Some people would say you?re addicted, but I say no. You?re afraid if the pain you?re guaranteed to feel without your prescription. Nobody woukd call Grandma an addict for wanting her diabetes pills right?
Maybe it?s time to investigate alternative treatments Doctors seem inly to want to write presentations

I have a question: Does taking 1'500-2'000 mg of Pregabalin daily has a consequence on health in long term?

Krakus- Dr says no, but some people have real problems. Just Google Lyrica side effects. Don?t trust the manufacturer, or the guy who prescribed it.
You really have to be your own advocate and decide if the benefits outweigh the potential consequences. I?m tapering off it right now and I?m putting more energy into getting off Pregabalin than opiates or benzos. I have been through withdrawals from all of them and Pregabalin scares me the most.

Krakus- why take so much anyway? Did a Dr prescribe that amount or are you planning to use it recreationally?

Some help needed pls

So I got some lyrica and was looking to try it out a starter dosage of 100mg approx. Thing is a mate gave ma a few from his stash but they are Lyrica 300mg capsules. So I emptied the powder from the capsule and it weighed 417 mg. I was expecting it to weigh 300 mg. Is that normal?

Could somebody tell me if this is how it should be? Is that just some sort of filler stuff that gets added I.e. the capsule contains 300mg Lyrica + other necessary powder to help with absorption of something?

Thanks

Some help needed pls

So I got some lyrica and was looking to try it out a starter dosage of 100mg approx. Thing is a mate gave ma a few from his stash but they are Lyrica 300mg capsules. So I emptied the powder from the capsule and it weighed 417 mg. I was expecting it to weigh 300 mg. Is that normal?

Could somebody tell me if this is how it should be? Is that just some sort of filler stuff that gets added I.e. the capsule contains 300mg Lyrica + other necessary powder to help with absorption of something?

Thanks

The other ingredients are lactose monohydrate, cornstarch, and talc which are used as fillers and also to help delay absorption (Lyrica is a 12 hourly med)

Krakus- why take so much anyway? Did a Dr prescribe that amount or are you planning to use it recreationally?

I'm using Pregabalin on my own, not really recreationally, as much as for my GAD, SAD and depression.
It helps me to cope the day, and helps me relief me from my strong anxieties and unrest.
I don't take that much everyday, it depend on the circumstance - some days I "only" take 600mg.

Spacemantwister- I have done exactly what you are trying.
Pour out the powder. Assume the pile is your whole 300 mg. Use a razor blade to separate into equal piles. Two halves is easier than three thirds, but it?s totally doable. It?s exactly like doing lines of coke, but you really want to be precise about the amounts. The sucky part is licking up the powder. It tastes like chemicals mixed with powdered dogshit.
FYI. Most people seem to get a ?buzz? around 150mg, and it takes around 2 hours to start working. You may be wiser just to start with two equal piles of dogshit.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Spacemantwister- I have done exactly what you are trying.
Pour out the powder. Assume the pile is your whole 300 mg. Use a razor blade to separate into equal piles. Two halves is easier than three thirds, but it?s totally doable. It?s exactly like doing lines of coke, but you really want to be precise about the amounts. The sucky part is licking up the powder. It tastes like chemicals mixed with powdered dogshit.
Good luck.

That seems a bit pointless... He obviously has accurate scales to know the contents weigh 417mg so he just needs to weigh out 139mg of the powder to give him exactly 100mg of pregabalin.

What's the point in messing on with eyeballing piles of powder and moving bits around with razor blades when he obviously has a set of mg scales?

LucidSDreamr-
When shit hurts and you find something that stops the pain, it is natural to get apprehensive when you know your medicine isn?t coming. That?s not addiction, that?s life. It?s the same emotion that makes you avoid even walking down the aisle at WalMart with roller-blades after almost breaking your neck the only time you ever tried riding then.
Some people would say you?re addicted, but I say no. You?re afraid if the pain you?re guaranteed to feel without your prescription. Nobody woukd call Grandma an addict for wanting her diabetes pills right?
Maybe it?s time to investigate alternative treatments Doctors seem inly to want to write presentations

Not sure which planet you live on where doctors write prescriptions for pain.

BTW I've had spine surgery and every other treatment you can think of. Pills work the best

Krakus- Dr says no, but some people have real problems. Just Google Lyrica side effects. Don?t trust the manufacturer, or the guy who prescribed it.
You really have to be your own advocate and decide if the benefits outweigh the potential consequences. I?m tapering off it right now and I?m putting more energy into getting off Pregabalin than opiates or benzos. I have been through withdrawals from all of them and Pregabalin scares me the most.

What was your highest Lyrica dosage u regularly ntook?