• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

High all, I'm not trying to hijack a thread,but I was wondering how does one feel, stacking Lyrica 150 mg, at least go 600 mg, then smoking hash or weed on top of it ? I' know that when I've tried, the best I would feel numb.

Anyone do this ?

I used to love it I would get way higher for way longer. Now that i smoke on lyrica i also just get a numb feeling. I am guessing this has to do with tolorence.

Spideronthewall- I think what's important with Lyrica is the same with all pharmaceuticals. Understand the risks and decide if the cure is worse than the disease.
It doesn't matter if Lyrica could give you brain damage, when your only other choice is severe depression and life crushing anxiety.

Spideronthewall- I think what's important with Lyrica is the same with all pharmaceuticals. Understand the risks and decide if the cure is worse than the disease.
It doesn't matter if Lyrica could give you brain damage, when your only other choice is severe depression and life crushing anxiety.

I wholeheartedly agree with you squeaky.
Thats how I feel with all meds. I live a life of constant constipation and have gained over 30 lbs in the last year but methadone keeps me feeling normal and happy unlike how I was when I was shooting Opies and running around trying to hustle everyday.
Lyrica makes me dizzy and tired but it helps about 80% of my anxiety so why would I ever stop?

Just gotta way the pros and cons. Life has cross-roads

Thanks dankycodone. I may go a little lower then 600 mg so I dont fall asleep, lol. If the Lyrica doesn't work, I'll eat some DXM,Lyrica and a edible.

^ Edibles work way better on both gabapentin and lyrica from personal extensive use in the past. Yeah idk about dxm but if you can take 2-3 day breaks it becomes way more enjoyable and you can lower your dose. Right now am taking it for bupe w/d and its helping somewhat but 3 days ago it helped 80% better good luck bro.

Do you really get high from it? I have a perscription for it and it works very well but reading this thread inspired me to try and abuse it, but 450 mg produced nothing I'd call a high. I'll stick to my very low dose perscription (3 x 25 mg per day for anxiety and pain) since it works very well and there's no point in ruining a good thing.

When I was started on Lyrica, I had already been on Neurontin for months. Then they upped my Lyrica to 150mg x 2/day. Never felt anything.
Quit Lyrica for a month, then one dose of 300 mg would hit me like 10 shots of good tequila. But I built my tolerance right back wiyhin 3 days, then had to deal with wd's for a week.
I have since decided it's not worth it. I can get the tequila without a prescription. It's cheaper than my damn copayment, and the hangover never lasts more than one day!

Guys im going to try Lyrica for the first time the coming weekend. How many 75 mg's should i start off with? I dont want to take more than i really need to get a "high" thats just "wasting" tolerance and pills.

Start with 150 mg on an empty stomach. Wait at least an hour in a quiet place. Keep some saltine crackers on hand in case your stomach gets upset . If you feel nothing then take 75 each hour up to 450 mg max. Lyrica takes an hour or two to have full effect, but the effect can be offset by stress or exercise. You don't want to miss it or overdose because you were at the gym or arguing with your landlord. Beware it is a lot like alcohol and you may get drowsy and just fall asleep. If you do, it will be the best sleep you ever had. Don't do it two days in a row regardless of the reason. (google Lyrica withdrawls) DON'T DRIVE ANYWHERE. Have a solid meal when it hits, like steak and potatoes. The extra endorphin rush from a full stomach will potentiate the effect and slow absorption of any pills left in your belly.
Be ready for the Lyrica hangover next day. It feels like you bathed in flea killer and lasts till noon.

Start with 150 mg on an empty stomach. Wait at least an hour in a quiet place. Keep some saltine crackers on hand in case your stomach gets upset . If you feel nothing then take 75 each hour up to 450 mg max. Lyrica takes an hour or two to have full effect, but the effect can be offset by stress or exercise. You don't want to miss it or overdose because you were at the gym or arguing with your landlord. Beware it is a lot like alcohol and you may get drowsy and just fall asleep. If you do, it will be the best sleep you ever had. Don't do it two days in a row regardless of the reason. (google Lyrica withdrawls) DON'T DRIVE ANYWHERE. Have a solid meal when it hits, like steak and potatoes. The extra endorphin rush from a full stomach will potentiate the effect and slow absorption of any pills left in your belly.
Be ready for the Lyrica hangover next day. It feels like you bathed in flea killer and lasts till noon.
Thanks for this dude. Answered all my questions. I'll come back with an update on Sunday.

I NEVER take the same substance two days in a row, and I always wait at least a week between my intake of the same drug to avoid physical dependence. I learned that the hard way. But how about taking a different drug the day after Lyrica? Like some Z-drug, Tramadol or Weed. My understanding is that Lyrica increases GABA in the brain, but it doesn't connect to the GABA-receptors like benzos does(something like that).

To be honest, I was going to try to boost my Zopiclone with Lyrica sometime, that's why I am asking.

I don't have any real experience combining multiple substances for added effects. Sorry , no advice there. I do take opiates every day, and I've never had any fun or problems mixing or replacing one with the other. There probably is a magical combo, but I've never discovered it.

I had to take the Lyrica again tonight so as to stay on my Oxy tapering plan. I took 300 mg at 6pm. I ate a solid meal around 7:30. Took 200 mg more at 8:00. I'm feeling pretty drunk now since about 8:30. It's really helping with the oxy wd's. It feels like 10 shots of really good tequila. Kind of goes away when I get up and move around. Gets way stronger when I lie down and relax. It's like getting a massage and then falling asleep on the massage table.
I know the hangover tomorrow will suck a little, but it's better than oxy wd's now.

Pregablin got me smashed when I didnt take it everyday even now if i taKE 2 Days off at a lower dose I get a high from it, I take 300-450mg to potentiate opiates and for fibromyalgia I take 300 twice a day.
Now if I take just one 300 instead of 2 I get withdrawal similar to opiates and anxiety and a weird sense of dread if I go 24hours without I start to retch, Also could this be cause of my suicidal thoughts I have had them since age 13 though.
Everyone ive met loved pregabs, heroin addicts always beg me to give them one for when there rattling I say no though as I need them myself. might ask doctors to give me 200 3 x a day ;)

For some reason 350mg is the dose you need to get high , when i use to just take 300 nothing same with my ex girlfriend when i gave her 400 though she was dancing in middle of street and had amazing sense of euphoria.

Lyrica is great in many respects. I'd be on Methadone or Suboxone for pain if my insurance company didn't already know I was on benzos.
It's killed the pain, made the phenibut taper very easy, and all around great. But...--

If has a high affinity towards the alpha2-delta sites, which through some neurological mess can cause norepinephrine to not be released via calcium channels. Or something like that. Which means those that enjoy amphetamines will be greatly disappointed, as I was. Taking 200 mgs three times a day, not even 210 mgs of Adderall seems to get me where I'd like to be

Are you able to plug Lyrica? I've just been prescribed to Ritalin n started plugging vs snorting, since I can't IV. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Yo, I Tried 300 mg Lyrica two days ago. Worked fucking amazing. Completely killed my Tramadol-hangover. Today, 2 days later I took another 300 mg and felt NOTHING. And I really mean nothing at all. No dizziness, balance problems, euphoria etc. Wtf?

I took 300 mg last Friday and as I said it worked amazing at Tuesday, 4 days later. How many days should you wait between the doses for them to work? I read that tolerance on Lyrica builds fast. Lol, YOU DON'T SAY.

Lyrica also doesn't seem to work for me if I take benzos shortly before. Some people say Lyrica boosts benzos, it seems to be the complete opposite for me.

I used lyrica during opioid wds, i actually got it two weeks before jumping and tried one 150mgs and to my disbelief i was able to hold off a couple hours longer before redosing oxy.
So on my first day ops free i dosed 300mgs lyrica then another 150 or 300mgs later that day along with that i had weed brownies and clonidine. I weened down pretty low on oxy before jumping but still could not believe how great lyrica worked during wds, i was bumping into shit when i walked but i was able to get up and walk during the first day of wds. I even got weird ass energy from lyrica but mostly stoned feeling like drunk but happier. So on day two i was thinking it was from the brownies so i backed off the brownies and could not believe most of the stoned feeling was from the lyrica!. I had bluetooth headphones on during most of wds the combination of everything made wds so bearable i did my reasearch before wds and it paid off. I still use lyrica on bad days when nerve pains in my feet are killing me its like a miracle drug i only wish tolerance didnt build i would take it everyday for nerve pain, but then again when i went for more than a week or so everyday i would get a little gabba wd not too bad but definitely mental shit.

I was on pregabalin 300mg 2x a day for years but I started abusing them as I liked the effects from high doses almost like alcohol but without the shit that comes with it but I had to stop.