• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

Hello RTP, no I'm not high. Working on it ;). Really though,?just trying to contribute. Quick comment . The Lyrica I'm taking in pain management (150mg X 3 per day)!is putting a dent in my pain level. I have three bulging disks in my lower back . The doctor said there is nothing to do but get shots and stay on pain medicine .
Any suggestions !!! I would like to max the Lyrica out to 600mg/day. For some reason, the spine/pain doctor seems to want to get me off opiates, for no real reason. I currently get 120, 5/325 Percocet, but I have a higher tolerance. I would like him to raise it tol 7.5/325 or even 10/325. Do you think that is too much to request?
Hope everyone is doing well. Speed Kingl

I've been taking Lyrica for about 8 years now. Needless to say, I've been on the highest recommended daily dose for years now (300 mg 2x daily). I absolutely LOVE my Lyrica. It works well for the pain and if you're having a shitty day, you can always pop a couple extra and sleep all day, lol. However, I've been taking Oxy (in different forms) along side the Lyrica for years as well. However, I just switched pain docs and the new one took me off the Oxy and put me on 100mg Nucynta ER. This is only day 3 or so, but so far I'm not impressed. I would normally take one of my 300mg Lyrica and 2 10mg Percs and be good for hours. Anyone have anymore info on this Nucynta crap and how I might be able to get the same feel from it as I did with the Oxy? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dear Migi, I am BURNING today as I needed to be clear minded and didn't my any doses of Gabapentin until early evening. I've done a lot of research on nerve pain and it seems that Opiods have little effect on this kind of pain. I'm going to ask a pain dr about Nucynta. It's the only pain drug I've read about that seems to help with flares. I have an orphan disease called Erythromelalgia where the palms of my hands turn bright red and feel as though scalding water has been poured into them. You sounded rather frantic in your message and I hope this info will be of help. Oh my goodness. Just reread your post and it was 6 yrs ago. Damn

Hey SK sorry if I reacted a little defensive. I just gained this reflex from my judgemental family. I think I have a specific genetic contiditon that makes me a little more ''speedy'' which makes me less sensible to sedative drugs.

High doses of Lyrica feel better than opiates to me, its like the first body high from weed all over again. It is the only thing I have access to relieve my headache and other chronic pain. I guess it is not ideal but I gotta do with it.

I am glad this medication works for some people suffering from chronic pain since it is a horrible illness.

SK,- why don't you post over on the pain megathread?

So you're still at that stage of wanting an increase, did you never get one? IMHO all drs are attempting to reduce or wean the opiate doseages of Cpp's. Scare tactics I assume.

The above posters re: Nucynta or Tapentadol, firstly, Matt2tatt, that's a really low dose to what you're accustomed to.

As I've posted in other threads for the handful of posters who've been scripted it, 100mg Tapentadol = 10mg oxycodone/Contin.

You really can't catch a buzz with this med, even if u crushed it up to make it IR. Nor can u take too much of it at once as the nasty noradrenalin takes over & makes you feel horrible. It often referred to as "tramadols big brother", kinda like the difference between lyrica & Gabapentin.

777prp, Tapentadol can be helpful for neuropathic pain, if you don't have a high opiate tolerance.

I met an older woman at hydrotherapy who couldn't praise it highly enough & didn't stop talking about how much better her type of pain was since she'd commenced this med.

If what you are taking now is not working effectively then go ahead and ask your doctor,

Best of luck,

Rtp

a court case where they didnt own up? how do u know it was only the neruotin, tho? couldnt be anything else making that person think things like that besides neurotin? what were your bad side effects? I take a hefty dose, so no worries on my side.

today I took about 3200MG of neurotin and felt BETTER than good all day.

Pfizer got taken to court for not disclosing the nasty withdrawals that can happen, when they tested it.
they kept it quiet, then made lyrica, gabap's big brother, which I am hooked on.
Im tapering off though.
If I was hooked on gabapentin I would cross over to pregabalin, as pregabalin is water soluble, and is much easier to taper, because you can just put mg for ml in water, and take out your cut with a syringe which can be easily bougth or obtained anywhwere.

From what i read Pregabalin is not gabaergic and effects glutamate and norepinephrine transmission. Although an intoxication does occur the moodlift with lyrica is much stronger than benzos and on parr with opioids. You don't have to enjoy benzodiazepines(i find them boring unless potentiating opioids) to enjoy lyrica. The biggest problem with lyrica is tolerance, after 1 day i'll need up to 2 grams to get anywhere, maybe i've a natural tolerance though. Imo the guideline dosages are a fucking joke, 2 75mg caps a day lmao, in the states some get 1 50mg cap. Not even perceivable AT ALL at these doses. For those noobies curious to try, don't bother with anything less than 300mg, i think the majority will probably need more.
I think benzos are boring, thats why I got hooked on the sleepers. Benzos relax you, but you don;t alwys wanna be monged out.
I have a dual addidtion to gabaA and to pregab, but I am getting there, as in, tapering off pregab and movoing from sleepers to valium, in prep for detox off val, it's staying off drugs thats my problem, I just hate sobriety.

i took about 10 x800 mg tablets and I took about 6 lyricas. And I'm not high or anything. What's wrong with me. I've also been taking gabapentin as prescribed for years. Do you get a tolerance?
i think gabapent and lyrica are cross tolerant. Lyrica high is very short lived as in it last a while but tolerance means you never hardly get high, and the withdrawals are horrible.

Benzos don't do anything to alleviate lyria withdrawals. Z drugs are also useless for alleviating lyrica withdrawals.

PS, if anyone wants a pain free way of successfully tapering lyrica, give me a shout. I was addicted to 600mg a day, and have painlessley come down to 330mg a day in 3 short months.
I found a way to do it by experimentation. Before my tapering experiments, I tried the conventional way of tapering, by cutting my lyrica and I just felt like how shit itslef might feel if it was having a bad day.
I used to also take all my lyrica at once for the high, but once the withdrawals came, I found that a day was too long to wait, and my brain needed evening out a bit where the lyrica intake was concerned.

I split my 600mg a day dose into four and I dissolve it in water mg for ml, and, using a syringe, I take out a little bit from each 6hrly dose and I found the lyrica withdrawal symptoms faded.
Splitting the dose meant my brain was getting lyrica every 6hrs as the previous dose wore off, and things seemed to balance out more. The sweats went, and the IBS subsided a bit and the headaches totally fucked off somwehre thank god.
The only time I get any bother from my lyrica withdrawals is if I forget a dose, so, I set my alarm on my phone to go off every six hours. I also gathered together four small airtight jars to carry my liquiefied lyrica.
I use a much cheaper generic lyrica, and although it is pregabalin, it is not called lyrica as Prizer own that name and are the only ones who can charge so much. My doc wont prescribe it due to my abuse history of drugs, thank god I dont have to pay the full price of lyrica, and thank god it is water soluble so I can accurately measure my small daily micro cuts which enabled most of the horrible symptoms to go away.

Dr has given me Pregabalin to help come off Clonazepam......Only taking 1x50mg Pregab' a day for the past few days....Dont like the feeling, make me feel spaced out, heavy headed, strange feeling.....Is this normal and do these effects ease?

To me, pregab doesn't help benzo withdrawals.
You need to come off clonpin slowly, it can be nasty but I know a painless way to get off it, give me a pm if you want to know any more.
I got off valium painlessley, a lady showed me how to taper in a way that involved tiny daily cuts but was quicker than a stepped taper.
Doctors can be terrible for pulling off patients off benzos far too quickly, and I dont mean to scare you but rapid withdrawal can cause seizures and in extreme cases life threatening.
You need to be in control yourself of your own taper, not your doctor.
Benzobuddies, have formed a list of benzo-wise doctors who know how to safely take patients off benzos so its worth visiting that site.
I'm from the UK but there are loads of US and other countries members on BB

Dose anyone have experience with mid-range therapeutic doses of Pregabalin and Gabapentin?

Thanks in advance.

^Thought I'd already replied! Yes, I think most of the general community here would have, why the query?

Rtp

The consensus among doctors seems to be 50/50 with this issue. I simply want to know if any Bluelighters have gotten relief combining them together in the range I mentioned earlier. If so what were the dosages?

I didn't see or receive any other replies.

Last edited:
The consensus among doctors seems to be 50/50 with this issue. I simply want to know if any Bluelighters have gotten relief combining them together in the range I mentioned earlier. If so what were the dosages?

I didn't see or receive any other replies.
I've only ever done pregab.
nasty withdrawals, im tapering down from 600 and now on 324mg, holding for a bit cos i got addicted to zopiclone also and I am in the last week of a one month crossover to valium ready to do a taper off.
I dont take drugs to get high, i just take them so that i can get through the day without breaking down or falling apart.

Thanks for your assist 3dmusic.
Yes I'm aware of the risks of the withdrawal these gaba drugs present, but for me the benefits will out weigh the potential risk for short term use. I also don't want to max out the dosages, its common sense that the taper will be softer this way.

What I'm really getting at here is a choice of moderate therapeutic doses of both or a higher dose of the superior drug to get me over the hump.

I'm still interested hearing what my other peers have to say.

Last edited:
Thanks for your assist 3dmusic.
Yes I'm aware of the risks of the withdrawal these gaba drugs present, but for me the benefits will out way the potential risk for short term use. I also don't want to max out the dosages, its common sense that the taper will be softer this way.

What I'm really getting at here is a choice of moderate therapeutic doses of both or a higher dose of the superior drug to get me over the hump.

I'm still interested hearing what my other peers have to say.
Hi Chad

It's good that you are using them sensibly. I dont mean to sound patronising when i say this.

Your not patronizing me 3dmusic, I do thank you for your concern. I am aware of the kinds of crazzzy things some people choose to do with this medicine and it is starting to give it a bad wrap.

Chadd

I've been trying to locate an online pharmacy for Gabapentin or Lyrica as I do not have insurance since losing my job. So no script but need to continue meds. Everywhere looks like a scam. I'm not looking for Oxys or anything like that. Just don't know where to turn. I've always taken my dose of 150x3 day and never had any issues just don't know where I can order online and not get scammed. Any help is appreciated.

Did anyone notice that there are more side effects with betapharma Pregabalin than with other brands (I had ratiopharm first and noticed that somehow they worked better for me).

Oh, and again regarding teeth..I got mine checked out at the dentist today. Had 2 cavities, which does not seem much..however ..I have never had any in my life! He asked me, if I bite my teeth a lot because there was some erosion. Also I had a lot of tartar, which he said could maybe be caused by the lyrica. But tartar is not as big a problem. I have changed the dentist since the last time I wrote here, but I am still insecure about this. Nobody seems to know anything, except from a few horror stories that someone here posted as a link a short time ago.

Not for me, although I can only remember using it during period of withdrawal. So I don't know.
Opiates in general had always replaced sex in my life. I still do it but not as pleasurable..