• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I don't know the answer but some swear if they miss a single dose they'll get hit with withdrawal while I can skip a day easily sometimes two without much (if any) discomfort. I haven't tried going longer than two.

I can see how people compare this to Ecstasy. I can't remember how much I took, would have been somewhere between 150-450mg with no tolerance and listening to YouTube on headphones was like being in a rave in my living room. Another time I took about 300mg at work and I was really outgoing and sociable, although I had trouble sleeping that night and it was bringing on the jaw grinding you get from E. The effect went on a bit long that day. I was taking it at least a few times a week, maybe more but not in crazy doses, and although I did notice a bit of tolerance creep in, it faded within a couple of days abstinence.
I finally go to the doctor to get my own supply and I'm barely into my story when he cuts me off and suggests the Lyrica! I got my script but I kind of lost the fiending for it now that it's readily available. I think it was also that day that the effects went on for too long that put me off.
Another trap is having more before the first lot kicks in. It can take a couple of hours to come on.
Thank god I got no veins left or I'd probably try hitting it up. (I hadn't thought of it til I read this thread.)
So it is similar to E but not completely. It is possible to get recreational effects from as low as 300mg (or even less) so when experimenting, I would start low and give it a couple of hours to come on before upping the dose. Better to have to increase the dose than realise it's too much and you can't suck the excess drug out of your bloodstream!

How long after stopping Lyrica does the WDs start? I have been curious about this for a while but there isn't much infor about it. Anyone know?

I used to take 150 mg b.d.

I took my AM dose at ~9AM and my PM dose a ~3PM. If I missed my PM dose I'd start to feel like I had the flu at 5PM. I don't know whether that's pretty unique but I felt the actute withdrawals kick in in very fast. They made me feel very awful and I just couldn't keep up with this so I had to withdrawal from them immediately. Awful, awful drug if it's just not for you - I don't tolerate many drugs very well, Pregabaln, Gabapentin, Amitriptulone, Nortriptyline, Dosulepin... Brilliant drug if you respond to it well. Terrible drug if you don't.

Please private message me if you want any information on it :)

Thanks for the answers Rybee, Aura Lee, Snake eyes. And just as is the case with these drugs, the answers vary! What applies to one doesn't always apply to another. I have gone up to seven days, and not felt anything. Not sure if I need to wait longer than that. I've also find no cross tolerance with gabapentin, which I also take.

Having read SO MANY horror stories about this drug, in the mind
frame to get rid of the prescription and not look back, even if for now I am not feeling the WDs. But wondering if I need some kind of a stash just in case to taper off.

I'd also like to mention that I've been taking lyrica daily (minus the day off here and there) for 1.5 years with the first year being from 50-200mg a day and the last 6 months 100-300mg a day so I am obviously dependent. I'm also dependent on temazepam if that makes a difference. If you are in the position to build up a stash for an if needed slow taper I would. I have a huge stash of both already built up to taper as slowly as I need to go.

i guess i have been very fortunate in my use of lyrica. i have been taking this med since 11/2012 at 300mg daily for 4 months before moving up to 450mg a day. i am also on 60mg of er morphine, 600mg tramadol, 40mg of percocet, and 30mg baclofen, all daily. it seems that i constantly run out of my lyrica early each month, usually a week early. back to my opening statement, and i have not had any wd's that i have noticed...no craving, no depression, no nothing. i have to believe it is due to the opiates i am taking that i feel no wd's from the lyrica. this make sense to any of you folks? whatever the reason though, im just happy that i have no problems!

btw, i am prescribed the above meds for a spinal cord stroke i had in 07/2012. an incomplete stroke it left me with enough feeling to feel the pain, back down to the soles of my feet. i only had to be confined to a wheelchair for 8 months and i now use a walker which i will probably be using for the remainder of my life. i am able to drive and live on my own, things for which i am immensely grateful.

any thoughts about my question much appreciated.

How long after stopping Lyrica does the WDs start? I have been curious about this for a while but there isn't much infor about it. Anyone know?

24 hours they start. anxiety first. then some strange depersonalisation and derealisation. then you hit full withdrawal the on 48 hours. sweating, shitting everywhere, pissing all the time, overactive colon, overactive central nervous system, depression. etc.

please visit this thread and follow my advice regarding lyrica withdrawal. i've been through it more times than i can count on my fingers.

Just got some samples today. 6,2 and 180lbs. Planned to take 450mg when I get off work.

Tips, suggestions, etc? I already know this is a recreational dose and to not leave my house and just make it a night off.

Thanks for any feedback

Oh one thing I usually forget to mention on Lyrica threads; gave me the worst constipation ever. My bowels just do not move when I take pregabalin. This has resulted in anal fissures, which is basically tearing of the inner lining. Akin to shitting glass.

TheDudeAbides: Take it and listen to music. Similar ot MDMA. Enjoy your first dose. No other time will ever come close to it.

yes, it works to some extent. but it won't be as potent as your first dose. pregabalin tolerance rises quicker than any pharmaceutical drug.

I have to admit I use mega doses of gabapentin or pregabalin during Kratom withdrawal. Works like a charm. Very trippy. Keeps on going for me, I thought first time only too but I take giant doses all day. I am not recommending this for the sake of harm reduction.

Last edited:
It also drops quickly though.

I disagree based on my experience with it. It does drop, but certainly not at the same degree it climbs and when it does drop in say a weeks time of abstinence, it goes right back to where it was within a single recreational dose.

Anecdote aside though, let's assume for the arguments sake that it does drop just as quickly. What's more beneficial for the non recreational user, someone who doesn't just use it every once in a while, a slow rising tolerance or one that drops quickly? Time and time again I've seen medicinal users (of both gabapentin and pregabalin) complain about the tolerance of these drugs so I would certainly choose the former.

lyrica bromo dragonFLY suboxone xanax klonopin neurontin vrooooooooooooom

Ok I tried to read most of the mega threads but it became almost impossible. Im on an ultrahigh dose of bromodragonFLY. For those of you who dont know it is an extremely potent seratonergic hallucinogeon that has amphetamine like affects mixed with lsd. It lasts up to 72 hours and 1mg is a high dose. I took 4. So as I peaked it became so hardcore i needed someone to come help me out to make sure I didnt kill myself inadvertently. I started spasing out and my aunt gave me 300mg of lyrica. I downed them and 5mg klonopin, 4mg xanax, and 1.2g neurontin. Oh yah and eight mg suboxone. That is total as of now. BUt I felt miserable nearing the end of the peak. Almost suicidably miserable. I cant believe Im even typing. But after I took the lyrica I found the most bizzarre sense of clarity and beautiful crystaline OEV's. Before I forget, please nobody do what I did, I have a large amount of experience with psychedelics and bromo is very dangerous. Also my benzo tolerance is ridiculous It makes me so angry how much I can take to even get a nod. But there is something about the lyrica and the bromo that I never felt with any other drug or combo and Ive done almost everything. Of course not everything but MORE THAN YOUR AVERAGE JOE. It feels beautiful .,.. The benzos are making it feel even better. But I wonder if anyone else has an experience like mine of mixing with psychedelics?
Also I have a huge daily neurontin habbit, but it did not seem to influence the dose of lyrica I took. I just recently swallowed a couple 600mg neurontin and I can feel the synergy already. I have a beautiful warm feeling radiating up through my spine. My only complaint is Im feeling a headache starting to develop and a headache on such a long lasting drug like bromo is nightmarish. I hope that lyrica has no evects on vasoconstricion becaues if it does I may be losing some limbs.
Im sorry for being all over the place, but It is almost impossible to communicate right now. To talk is like following a time line in one direction and i feel like all time is just all happening all right now. I know it doesnt make sense but on a heavy duty psychedelic it makes plenty of sense. I think time is an illsion. Oh man I better stop typing the letters keep tilting at a 90 degree angle, then cycling through various colors, then changing direction. And my chair keeps feeling like its tipping backwards. One thought Im trying to get out is will the neurontin in addition to the lyrica I took just be like adding more lyica? Oh wow euphoric rushes. This is crazy. It turned a completely evil drug (bromo) into a wonderful mda like experience.
I cant believe though people compare lyrica to mdma. I think mdma is the standard that all euphoria should be held up to. I dont think there is more euphoria than pure mdma. Which is making me wonder if they still sell it, because from what ive been reading lately it doesnt look like it. The pills from 99 or so ,m you cant match it. For those who know what i mean, you know what I mean. ;)
But yes this is a WONDERFUL drug for smoothing out a trainwrecked trip (IMO) and I am completely treating myself as a guinea pig. I saved one lyrica to shoot because I saw someone mention it in the first thread and said it was sublime. Is there truth to this? I dont want to cnfuse myself more than I already am. Because I am whatever I say I am and if i wasnt then why would i say I am . jp.
This 1s flew over the cookcoos nest.
Please reply Ill check back.
LOVE AND RESPECT BL!
@sp0r412
mygreenbic
ps here is a pic of my bromodragonfly *its very rare so I just want you to see it so no one tries to sell it to u as acid. taking too much of this can cause severe peripheral damage or death
bromo.jpg
<3

I think what you're experiencing is the net effect of combing too many drugs and the joy of lyrica mixed with benzos. It has a whiff of recklessness about it especially in the dosages so I'll certainly stay away. No hr to see here.

I don't know the answer but some swear if they miss a single dose they'll get hit with withdrawal while I can skip a day easily sometimes two without much (if any) discomfort. I haven't tried going longer than two.

For me, this was the situation. If I accidentally missed my afternoon dose I'd feel influenza-like symptoms come on quite quickly by the early evening, it was horrible, insufferable even. That, and the fact it just constipated my clarity of thought, were the 2 reasons I had to come off of it.

then some strange depersonalisation and derealisation
Interesting you say that, because this was very prominent for me but not many other people have mentioned it. Whilst I could put up with the temporary anxiety, shakes and sweats, it's the de-realisation and almost psychotic state it put me in that was by far the worst. I felt totally out of touch of reality, which was pretty dangerous when driving back from work in the evening if I left my meds at home and missed my afternoon dose.

Last edited:
How long after the withdrawal can i use again and just take it once in a while without going into withdrawal again